Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,894 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine (7149 Views)

Please I Need A Toyota 4runner 2004 V6 Engine- 1GR. / Rebuilding A 2010 Rav4 V6 (2gr-fe) Engine / Toyota 4runner 2007(1GR-FE) Fix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:25pm On Aug 27, 2019
Frankdamaxx:
You guys left out the most important part. How much was this compared to buying a new or toks engine and replacing the engine.

You may give us estimates and not exact price.

the engine is 900k, every one rebuilds wink

3 Likes

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by TRYGO(m): 3:04pm On Aug 27, 2019
@ricki! Yes, we could do that job.

@Bravolad. Valarinze has being a great dude here.
In fact, I have tried posting an article of my experience on a Sienna transmission system I fixed some weeks back over here, for car owners to be able to have such info at their finger tips, before perhaps going ahead with ALWAYS THAT TRANSMISSION SYSTEM REPLACEMENT ALTERNATIVE. But immediately I posted that stuff, IT WAS IMMEDIATELY DELETED SEVERAL TIMES.

PS: I have some other articles coming in some days time, and I'd want to use those as an example again to see how it's accepted on NL again.

Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by shotuns: 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
Oga TRYGO,
Can a knocked engine be rebuild?
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Lexusgs430: 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2019
Eddee:
Local man is impressed with Valarinz and Trygo... Please lemme support you guys with some light change for full synthetic oil

Shame on you..... Is that how to offer support.......... This is how to offer support........ grin

7 Likes

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Eddee(m): 5:48pm On Aug 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Shame on you..... It's that how to offer support.......... This is how to offer support........ grin

Mehn, sorry sir. I don't want instalmental problems, paid what I had upfront. Apologies!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Lexusgs430: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
Eddee:

Mehn, sorry sir. I don't want instalmental problems, paid what I had upfront. Apologies!!! grin[b][/b]

Nah road side engine oil, that one go buy......... After rebuilding, you no wan pour palm oil inside am again...... cheesy
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by TRYGO(m): 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
@shotuns. It depends on the degree of KNOCKED you mean here.

Can you provide more info pls?

There are a lot of scenarios.

1.Knocked could mean a seized engine (that which can't be turned by hand or otherwise)
2. One or all of the crankshaft/camshaft bearings may have scoured and failed in the process
3. Piston rings could have snapped and ....

There are rebuild, that would only require you replaced the engine block, etc.

You got to weigh on the costs of doing that, with a rebuild.

I'd be sharing another article I have on a RAV4 2010 V6(2gr) we did rebuild some few days ago.

That rav4, was referred to us from another shop of a colleague with a lot of issues that I'd create a thread for it.

I JUST HOPED THAT THREAD WOULD NOT BE DELETED AGAIN TOO.

3 Likes

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by erico2k2(m): 6:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Shame on you..... Is that how to offer support.......... This is how to offer support........ grin
ahah LOCAL MAN IS IMPRESSED grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Eddee(m): 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Nah road side engine oil, that one go buy......... After rebuilding, you no wan pour palm oil inside am again...... cheesy

Okay, manage this!

5 Likes

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Lexusgs430: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
erico2k2:

ahah LOCAL MAN IS IMPRESSED grin grin

Just my widows mite, to ensure palm oil is not used in this rebuild project........... grin

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Lexusgs430: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
Eddee:

Okay, manage this!

Ehen...... This is more like it........ grin

4 Likes

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Frankdamaxx(m): 8:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
Eddee:

Okay, manage this!

grin Let me go and call Valentine Iro from Prison to show you people how to show off money.

Nansense..
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Frankdamaxx(m): 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

the engine is 900k, every one rebuilds wink

So what's the average cost of rebuilding using a base price including parts that must be changed.
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
Frankdamaxx:

grin Let me go and call Valentine Iro from Prison to show you people how to show off money.

Nansense..

Mr Man, watch it, stop mentioning that name and prison in same sentence

3 Likes

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Eddee(m): 10:10pm On Aug 27, 2019
Frankdamaxx:

Nansense..

Sorry sir. grin grin
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Frankdamaxx(m): 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2019
valarinz:

Mr Man, watch it, stop mentioning that name and prison in same sentence

Your Valentine is not on FBIs list now.

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
Frankdamaxx:

Your Valentine is not on FBIs list now.

Lol, before nko, how much i get to deserve fbi attention. Abi they wan seize volvo?

2 Likes

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by RZArecta2(m): 5:45am On Aug 28, 2019
antagonist:

better don't use your money and buy problem
not me, please explain which car and the problem you’re talking about. Thanks
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Mayor555(m): 8:37am On Aug 28, 2019
TRYGO:
@shotuns. It depends on the degree of KNOCKED you mean here.

Can you provide more info pls?

There are a lot of scenarios.

1.Knocked could mean a seized engine (that which can't be turned by hand or otherwise)
2. One or all of the crankshaft/camshaft bearings may have scoured and failed in the process
3. Piston rings could have snapped and ....

There are rebuild, that would only require you replaced the engine block, etc.

You got to weigh on the costs of doing that, with a rebuild.

I'd be sharing another article I have on a RAV4 2010 V6(2gr) we did rebuild some few days ago.

That rav4, was referred to us from another shop of a colleague with a lot of issues that I'd create a thread for it.

I JUST HOPED THAT THREAD WOULD NOT BE DELETED AGAIN TOO.

Why are your threads being deleted? Are you flouting any rule? I'm not getting, please make me understand.
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by TRYGO(m): 6:32am On Aug 29, 2019
I now realised that the government that be on NL, deliberately deletes peoples threads/comments they don't feel comfortable with.

I just did a write up on rebuilding a 2010 Rav4(V6) and posted midnight.

It appeared the moderator was sleeping at the time. Immediately he woke up, the thread has being deleted.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:19am On Aug 29, 2019
TRYGO:
I now realised that the government that be on NL, deliberately deletes peoples threads/comments they don't feel comfortable with.

It appeared the moderator was sleeping at the time. Immediately he woke up, the thread has being deleted.

The moderator maybe hates you and feel you are using the threads to advertise your business. It's a black man mind thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Mayor555(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2019
Mayor555:

Why are your threads being deleted? Are you flouting any rule? I'm not getting, please make me understand.
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by TRYGO(m): 6:23am On Aug 31, 2019
@Flootintin.
1. Could be that there's a problem somewhere with installation of the gasket, or the top cylinder had already gotten warped(bent), and so on sections of the surface that is to provide proper sealing from coolants entering isn't doing it's work.

2. Did you take the heads to a machinist to check for warped surfaces before installing or?

3. Those are the reasons you could be experiencing what is happening now.

4. So the above situation does not amount to a KNOCKED situation. Except if for instance the overheating was so severe that it caused the engine to seize!

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Joseph
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Godons1: 2:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
TRYGO:
@ricki! Yes, we could do that job.

@Bravolad. Valarinze has being a great dude here.
In fact, I have tried posting an article of my experience on a Sienna transmission system I fixed some weeks back over here, for car owners to be able to have such info at their finger tips, before perhaps going ahead with ALWAYS THAT TRANSMISSION SYSTEM REPLACEMENT ALTERNATIVE. But immediately I posted that stuff, IT WAS IMMEDIATELY DELETED SEVERAL TIMES.

PS: I have some other articles coming in some days time, and I'd want to use those as an example again to see how it's accepted on NL again.

Thanks everyone!

Keep the flag flying and stay strong Bro. Very soon, God will expose those that always delete other person's threads. They are threatened by good Engineers like you. This is the reason why Car talk is filled with yeye topics.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Godons1: 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
Mayor555:

His threads are deleted by Nairaland's Car section Cabal. They feel threatened by competition.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by ricki: 11:06am On Sep 22, 2019
I didn't noticed you replied me .. .. .. please abeg where is your workshop located...??
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by thebigkendo(m): 7:19am On Sep 23, 2019
TRYGO:

Godons1:

His threads are deleted by Nairaland's Car section Cabal. They feel threatened by competition.

Godons1:

Keep the flag flying and stay strong Bro. Very soon, God will expose those that always delete other person's threads. They are threatened by good Engineers like you. This is the reason why Car talk is filled with yeye topics.

tensazangetsu20:

The moderator maybe hates you and feel you are using the threads to advertise your business. It's a black man mind thing.

Mayor555:

Make una stop dey spread false information & conspiracy theories..
This thread was not deleted because Valarinz did not add the usual
"Regards,
Joseph (0806****: calls/WhatsApp)
D* Nig L**
Isolo, Lag*s
"

3 Likes

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 8:27am On Sep 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Make una stop dey spread false information & conspiracy theories..
This thread was not deleted because Valarinz did not add the usual
"Regards,
Joseph (0806****: calls/WhatsApp)
D* Nig L**
Isolo, Lag*s
"

WTF did I just read here? Dude, you just made zero sense with this post of yours, now makes me believe you're doing someone's bidding actually.

Signatures that I add to all my Volvo car ads but they never get deleted. I posted another topic for him last week without any signature too, it was deleted. Same signature is still here in his posts and many others, they're not deleted too

For you to come here with this dumb excuse of an explanation, it means you know exactly what's going on, better keep mute and be considered foolish than open your mouth and clear all doubts

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by thebigkendo(m): 8:40am On Sep 23, 2019
valarinz:

WTF did I just read here? Dude, you just made zero sense with this post of yours, now makes me believe you're doing someone's bidding actually.

Signatures that I add to all my Volvo car ads but they never get deleted. I posted another topic for him last week without any signature too, it was deleted. Same signature is still here in his posts and many others, they're not deleted too

For you to come here with this dumb excuse of an explanation, it means you know exactly what's going on, better keep mute and be considered foolish than open your mouth and clear all doubts

Because you "break the rule" & don't get punished does not mean the rule don't exist sir..
Rules on "cartalk" and "autos" sections are different sir
Your volvo ads are in "Autos" not cartalk.. Auto section is for advert.. So I guess you are free to post you signature over there..

Bros You just insulted me this morning sir.. I am not in the mood for quarrel this morning..
Can't we have intelligent discuss without insults?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? / This Is How Much Your Toyota Corolla Engine Will Cost You In Ladipo / 5 Simple Steps To Operate A Fire Extinguisher - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.