Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,916 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine (7150 Views)

Please I Need A Toyota 4runner 2004 V6 Engine- 1GR. / Rebuilding A 2010 Rav4 V6 (2gr-fe) Engine / Toyota 4runner 2007(1GR-FE) Fix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 8:48am On Sep 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Because you "break the rule" & don't get punished does not mean the rule don't exist sir..
Rules on "cartalk" and "autos" sections are different sir
Your volvo ads are in "Autos" not cartalk.. Auto section is for advert.. So I guess you are free to post you signature over there..

Bros You just insulted me this morning sir.. I am not in the mood for quarrel this morning..
Can't we have intelligent discuss without insults?

Wetin this one dey talk sef

TRYGO:
@Ricki. I couldn't reply yesterday, because the Mod deleted some of a thread I started. So they eventually hindered me from replying on this forum. The REPLY option were removed.

So back to the topic now.

Your car has loss of compression issues. That was the reasons for loss of pressures on ascent uphill.

Coolants might be leaking through the combustion chambers of the engine already.

You got to properly get to the root causes of this problem.

Hope this meets you in good time.

Sorry for the late response too.

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532: calls/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo
Lagos

The above quote has same signature but "antispam" bot left it

Now, let's see if the antispam will miraculously kick into action now attention has been drawn to it
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 8:49am On Sep 23, 2019
I opened anothe thread on behalf of OP a week after this, I also didn't insert signature, the moment thread went up for about 10mins , mod deleted it

It's better to keep us wondering what happened, but this one you just do this morning so ehn, all my doubts has been cleared
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Demeanor: 8:56am On Sep 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Make una stop dey spread false information & conspiracy theories..
This thread was not deleted because Valarinz did not add the usual
"Regards,
Joseph (0806****: calls/WhatsApp)
D* Nig L**
Isolo, Lag*s
"

Chiwawa cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Demeanor: 8:57am On Sep 23, 2019
valarinz:

WTF did I just read here? Dude, you just made zero sense with this post of yours, now makes me believe you're doing someone's bidding actually.

Signatures that I add to all my Volvo car ads but they never get deleted. I posted another topic for him last week without any signature too, it was deleted. Same signature is still here in his posts and many others, they're not deleted too

For you to come here with this dumb excuse of an explanation, it means you know exactly what's going on, better keep mute and be considered foolish than open your mouth and clear all doubts

Another chiwawa cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by diportivo: 8:58am On Sep 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Because you "break the rule" & don't get punished does not mean the rule don't exist sir..
Rules on "cartalk" and "autos" sections are different sir
Your volvo ads are in "Autos" not cartalk.. Auto section is for advert.. So I guess you are free to post you signature over there..

Bros You just insulted me this morning sir.. I am not in the mood for quarrel this morning..
Can't we have intelligent discuss without insults?

I was shocked too

coming from valarinz,I am over shocked.....as he usually carefully picks his battles and they are always legit

I do not know the origin of this thread,as rebuilding doesnt entice me one bit so I do not follow su h threads....but all this cabal talk ehn,e no go end as long as Buhari is in aso rock grin

make una take am easy.....theres life outside here

if u do not believe me, go to the uber thread grin
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 9:06am On Sep 23, 2019
diportivo:

I was shocked too

coming from valarinz,I am over shocked.....as he usually carefully picks his battles and they are always legit

I do not know the origin of this thread,as rebuilding doesnt entice me one bit so I do not follow su h threads....but all this cabal talk ehn,e no go end as long as Buhari is in aso rock grin

Bros no vex, but the lame excuse pain me die, that's why I made that response,

How can someone come this early morning to insult my intelligence with that type of post. The fact you see me posting about engine rebuilding and tagging the author means we've also tried all means to see why his threads keep getting picked out

Still, I never made any comment on NL or joined the conspiracy theorists, but this one wey your guy just type here now, I think I've changed my mind
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by thebigkendo(m): 9:13am On Sep 23, 2019
diportivo:

I was shocked too

Me weh don chop bans so tey when I wan post I go first check nairaland rules..

It's a very simple stuff as that Oga alternate account they talk grin grin..
Oga TRYGO should try posting his educative posts(which I enjoy reading) without the "signature"
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by thebigkendo(m): 9:30am On Sep 23, 2019
The cabal member also telling him the same thing here..
https://www.nairaland.com/5424643/repairs#82453024

& I also suspect those links he usually post directing us to his website for the complete gist
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by diportivo: 9:56am On Sep 23, 2019
thebigkendo:
The cabal member also telling him the same thing here..
https://www.nairaland.com/5424643/repairs#82453024

& I also suspect those links he usually post directing us to his website for the complete gist

abeg

who and who dey this cabal?

how do I qualify to be one?

cos the thing wey ABBA kyari and co dey do on behalf of our president dey totori me big time cheesy
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by thebigkendo(m): 10:23am On Sep 23, 2019
diportivo:

abeg

who and who dey this cabal?

According to them "the government that be on NL"

how do I qualify to be one?

To qualify you need activate atleast 7 alternate monikers.. grin

cos the thing wey ABBA kyari and co dey do on behalf of our president dey totori me big time cheesy

I am expecting a new moniker "thecabal" or "NLcabal" to show up sometime soon grin grin
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by thebigkendo(m): 10:26am On Sep 23, 2019
Demeanor:

Chiwawa cheesy

Barking dog grin

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 10:28am On Sep 23, 2019
Y'all can regroup and mock and play all u like to make this go away as fast as possible, but the more you do, the more it's obvious something is going on underground.

I suggest you guys give this thread a break and stop typing, unless someone also has a reply for this too

valarinz:
I opened anothe thread on behalf of OP a week after this, I also didn't insert signature, the moment thread went up for about 10mins , mod deleted it

It's better to keep us wondering what happened, but this one you just do this morning so ehn, all my doubts has been cleared

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by thebigkendo(m): 11:00am On Sep 23, 2019
After all some people still believe
-Our president is dead & a clone Jubril Al-sudani is ruling us..
-Atiku is from cameroon
-Infact even our various religions na still conspiracy..
So everyone of free to believe in whatever conspiracy that favours him grin grin

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by banky3w(m): 11:03am On Sep 23, 2019
valarinz:
Y'all can regroup and mock and play all u like to make this go away as fast as possible, but the more you do, the more it's obvious something is going on underground.

I suggest you guys give this thread a break and stop typing, unless someone also has a reply for this too

I understand that you might be irked about this situation but the aggressive reply is what I don't understand. Guy, calm down. In the link thebigkendo posted where I told him what a mod(I think Marpol) said, TRYGO asked to point him to the reply and I spent hours combing nairaland for the topic without success (guess it was deleted too). I can remember TRYGO creating the topic specifically calling to the mod's for reasons why his threads are being deleted and in the first page, the Mod simply pointed out what he was doing wrong and I simply unfollowed the thread after that reply because I find his threads very educative and I was getting annoyed by his thread being deleted without at least a simple clarification as to why. I said he too like Wahala because he was still doing what the mod told him is offence was as at when I replied him then.
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 11:13am On Sep 23, 2019
banky3w:

I understand that you might be irked about this situation but the aggressive reply is what I don't understand. Guy, calm down. In the link thebigkendo posted where I told him what a mod(I think Marpol) said, TRYGO asked to point him to the reply and I spent hours combing nairaland for the topic without success (guess it was deleted too). I can remember TRYGO creating the topic specifically calling to the mod's for reasons why his threads are being deleted and in the first page, the Mod simply pointed out what he was doing wrong and I simply unfollowed the thread after that reply because I find his threads very educative and I was getting annoyed by his thread being deleted without at least a simple clarification as to why. I said he too like Wahala because he was still doing what the mod told him is offence was as at when I replied him then.

I opened another thread for him after this, it got deleted. No signatures, no phone number, in fact, I was still typing the follow up to join up to the initial article when i realised I couldn't send anymore, turns out thread has been deleted and Ive been banned

I know I'm not supposed to, but below is my suggestion to Trygo on WhatsApp as regards the reason why the thread might have been deleted sef, never thought of any conspiracy theories sef. But this reason now by bigkendo is not only lame but doesn't add up cos the same Trygo has other posts with same signature but hasnt been deleted

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 11:18am On Sep 23, 2019
thebigkendo:
-Atiku is from cameroon
So everyone of free to believe in whatever conspiracy that favours him grin grin

Actually, he's from Cameroon, I know that cos I did my nysc at his LGA, that said

You and the other guy typing up here are well-known Gazzuzz foot soldiers (nothing wrong with that though, it's not a crime to believe in someone and stick to their side, eventually everyone who becomes successful in life will have foot soldiers).

Some other monikers insinuated something which everyone has been ignoring for weeks cos we think it lacks merit, then all of a sudden here you guys are swarming like bees.

If it walks like a dog, barks like a dog, eats like a dog and also pees like a dog, then chances are : IT IS A DOG.

Thanks
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by banky3w(m): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2019
valarinz:

I opened another thread for him after this, it got deleted. No signatures, no phone number, in fact, I was still typing the follow up to join up to the initial article when i realised I couldn't send anymore, turns out thread has been deleted and Ive been banned

I know I'm not supposed to, but below is my suggestion to Trygo on WhatsApp as regards the reason why the thread might have been deleted sef, never thought of any conspiracy theories sef. But this reason now by bigkendo is not only lame but doesn't add up cos the same Trygo has other posts with same signature but hasnt been deleted
Then I don't know what the F is going on again. Are they saying it is a crime to post such things on nairaland again ni? It has been a known fact since way back that people do use mods as instruments for personal vendetta anyways so I'm not surprised. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by banky3w(m): 11:21am On Sep 23, 2019
valarinz:

Actually, he's from Cameroon, I know that cos I did my nysc at his LGA, that said

You and the other guy typing up here are well-known Gazzuzz foot soldiers (nothing wrong with that though, it's not a crime to believe in someone and stick to their side, eventually everyone who becomes successful in life will have foot soldiers).

Some other monikers insinuated something which everyone has been ignoring for weeks cos we think it lacks merit, then all of a sudden here you guys are swarming like bees.

If it walks like a dog, barks like a dog, eats like a dog and also pees like a dog, then chances are : IT IS A DOG.

Thanks
This now sure looks personal to me. I'm outta here.
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:21am On Sep 23, 2019
valarinz:

Thanks

Early Monday morning, let's all try and use our data wisely.

https://www.nairaland.com/5424170/use-data-wisely

Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 11:23am On Sep 23, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Early Monday morning, let's all try and use our data wisely.

https://www.nairaland.com/5424170/use-data-wisely

Boss, your guys dey mess up here badly, call them to order.

Thanks
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:26am On Sep 23, 2019
valarinz:

Boss, your guys dey mess up here badly, call them to order.

Thanks

Sir
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by thebigkendo(m): 11:28am On Sep 23, 2019
thbigkendo:
-Atiku is from cameroon

All of us don dey mention the cartalk MOD marpol in this thread..
Hopefully he will surface & clear the air
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 11:32am On Sep 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

Seriously

Couldn't find a more neutral and credible source for an explanation, I laugh in Congolese
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by diportivo: 11:33am On Sep 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

or even kuku lock the thread since our brains are on holidays this morning

I cant get my top radio app to work...I dey bush now

na that one dey do me as I dey undecided
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by valarinz: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2019
I admit, maybe if the suggestions came from someone more neutral I wouldn't have viewed it the way I did, but as it is on NL now, it is what it is, any comment from certain monikers on cartalk will now always be viewed from a certain angle.

No vex
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by thebigkendo(m): 11:36am On Sep 23, 2019
valarinz:

Seriously

Hahahaha when I mean clear the air I don't mean clear the thread ohhh!! .. I mean tell us the actual reason for TRYGO disappearing threads..

-You think it's length - no length limit in any of the rules

-I think it's signature or link related
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by thebigkendo(m): 11:40am On Sep 23, 2019
diportivo:

or even kuku lock the thread since our brains are on holidays this morning

I cant get my top radio app to work...I dey bush now

na that one dey do me as I dey undecided

No vex.. I dey vacation.. So I get plenty nairaland time grin
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by diportivo: 11:44am On Sep 23, 2019
thebigkendo:

No vex.. I dey vacation.. So I get plenty nairaland time grin

oya come and sort out my circuit breaker in the plant oga

I will compensate u with goldberg grin
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by EngRichie: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
Top cylinder gasket was not properly installed or cylinder head was already cracked as a result of the overheating.

flootintin:
The history of the car was overheating and gasket got burnt. Gasket was replaced but oil is in radiator reservoir now. Got the car recently but never stalled since use.
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by 9icetoo(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2019
diportivo:

I was shocked too

cheesy grin @ uber thread.
Re: Rebuilding A 4runner 2005 1gr-fe Engine by Eaglesswings: 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
valarinz:
This post is being made on behalf of a fellow Nler(TRYGO) whos moniker got banned for posting it.

In some climes, or circumstances, it would be best to replaced an engine, that has finally gone caput, on a highway, where the risks to you, and your vehicle, isn't guaranteed.

Take for instance, you're driving through one of the unsecured roads in the country, and suddenly, your vehicle's engine suddenly breaks down due to engine mechanical problems (seizures, for example).

Assuming, the costs of getting the engine repaired on a particular section of the road, is at most the cheapest options available to get that car back on the road. But because of the risks(bandits, or terrorists) to your life and that of the mechanic, you'd preferred to spend that extra cash purchasing another engine and installing it immediately(though might be expensive).

Today, we'd be delving into the world of engine rebuilds, and most especially, to negate the common myths car owners usually have about such rebuilds, never lasting for awhile (sustainable).

The vehicle in question is a 4Runner V6, with the engine costs running close to a million naira.

CASE STUDY

VEHICLE: 4RUNNER 2004, TRD
ENGINE TYPE: 1GR-FE
TRANSMISSION SYSTEM TYPE: AUTOMATIC

CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS: 
1. Excessive engine consumption
4L/week

2. Frequent spark plugs replacements on cylinders #5&6

3. Severe engine misfires while idling

4. Noises at the valve train also when idling

5. Engine loss of power, and visible smoke from the tailpipe.

6. Customer complained of a P0016 code

7. Complained about engine oil dropping down to the sump immediately, at every cold rest.

OUR DIAGNOSIS/DISCOVERIES
1. Simulated all of the customers complaints

2. Retrieved stored codes, P0305 and P0306, which confirmed those cylinders were misfiring badly.
Those spark plugs were removed and was seen to have engine fouling on them, while other spark plugs were OK (firing perfectly).

3. Checked all necessary components that could cause oil shortages or burnings (valve cover gaskets, crankshaft oil seal, flywheel seal and the timing cover for signs of leaks.
There were no leaks.

This led us to understand that the oil shortages was something internal, and not external, as the case maybe!

4. A vacuum hose connected to the intake manifold through the fuel voltage regulator was broken.

THE FIX!
1. Got the engine removed, after all electrical accessory connections/connectors were removed.

2. Got the engine properly timed to TDC, and had the timing components marks on the dual DOHC marked using white marker.
This helps to avoid ambiguities, during installations, etc.

3. Here's the tricky part of the job.
You got to be able to identity exactly on which cylinder banks, cylinders #1 is located.
Being able to decipher that, would help you know which cylinder numbers what piston goes to.

4. Disassembled the entire engine, to ascertained the level of damages that has being done to the internal parts.

Results of disassembled engine parts as follows:

*Piston rings on both cylinder numbers 5&6 had excessive clearances, more than allowable limits.
All the compression and oil rings were clearly out of tolerances.

The pistons on those cylinders were already slapping against the cylinder walls, hence one of the noises from the car.

* Connecting rod bearings had signs of scouring on them(that's like some scratches to say).

* All three timing chains were slack(source of another noises).

* One of the intake/exhaust camshafts auto tensioners, had a broken part.

* The oil pump strainer was half way blocked.
This would cause the engine, especially the valve train area, to be starved of oil supply.

* A lot of metal broken parts were seen in the oil sump or bottom plate.

5. All parts on the car was replaced with genuine new parts.

* All three timing chains

* All valve cover gaskets

* Piston rings, and connecting rod/crankshaft journal bearings

* Crankshaft oil seal, flywheel seal

* Oil pump rotors
Can I have you number sir

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LASTMA Official Vs Traffic Light, Which Would You Obey? / This Is How Much Your Toyota Corolla Engine Will Cost You In Ladipo / 5 Simple Steps To Operate A Fire Extinguisher - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.