Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan (4135 Views)

APC, Security Agents Scheme To Conduct Rivers Election Under Buhari's Govt– Wike / Ondo Election: Security Agents Bar Travellers From Passing Through Ondo / SSS Detention Almost Broke My Spirits - Dokpesi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by egift(m): 12:20am On Oct 25, 2010
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday expressed concern about the high level of security that accompanied him on his three-day visit to his home state of Bayelsa.

The security details, he said, did not allow him to see people he would have loved to and visit places in his home state.

He stated this during the thanksgiving service to mark the end of the visit.

The President listed his cousin and others he grew up with in his hometown, Otuoke, as some of such people that were denied access to him by the operatives.

“If only you see the way they frustrated my cousin and stopped him from coming close to me, you will understand what am talking about. They nearly broke his hand. I was sorry for the poor man,” Jonathan said. He did not give the name of the cousin.

Jonathan, a former governor of the state, said it was unfortunate that he had more security around him in his own state, than all the other states he had visited since he became President.

He said that the service would have taken place at St. Peter’s Anglican Church in Yenagoa but that he directed that it should be moved to the Government House “so that people who would be screened and those that might be tuned back by security agents would not be offended.”

The President added, “The intimidating security would have affected worshippers if the service had taken place at St. Peter’s Anglican Church because they would be screened. That would certainly have elicited reactions. That’s why we relocated to this place (Gloryland Chapel, Government House).”

He lamented that he could not visit a lot of places in the state because security agents gave an excuse that such places were either not checked for his safety or that they were not a part his itinery.

Jonathan, who said he could not understand the reason for the heavy security presence, stated that he would have been asked to stay away from Bayelsa State if it (Bayelsa) had been unsafe.

He said, “If Bayelsa State is turbulent, I will be advised not to come; it is where they (security agents ) push you that you will go.

“If there is no peace in Bayelsa State, I will be stopped from coming here. But I need to see where the Federal Government can assist the state. That’s the purpose of my visits to all the states.

“When you see things yourself, you will appreciate them. If there’s peace in this state then we will get to where we want it to reach.”

Jonathan preached the need for peace and unity in the state and other parts of the country in order for development to take place.

He described the whole country as a human body which “if any part of it is sick, the rest cannot live in peace.”

Noting that election periods were often characterized by tension at the local, state and national levels, he advised those fighting because of political positions to shield their swords.

“Any time we conduct elections, there must be tension. Everybody want to be a councillor, at the national level, it is the same, but God knows who He has blessed at any particular time. God has a purpose for Bayelsa State, so we should stop fighting one another,” he said.

As the service went on, armed soldiers in full battle fatigue and riot policemen took strategic positions in different parts of Yenagoa while a military helicopter hovered over the Government House.

The President’s trip to Nembe to inaugurate a regional water project was canceled due to the heavy rainfall on Sunday morning. He also could not fly to Brass to inaugurate the Atlantic Beach resort on the island.

Jonathan had said at a town hall meeting in Yenagoa on Saturday that his administration would deliver on the proceedings arrived at during his interactions with people all the states he had visited.

He told the select audience that the meeting was meant for “the cross fertilisation of ideas” and urged those whose views were not acknowledged to write him.

“We are compiling the reactions from the various interest groups,” he said.

The president also responded to the issue of special roles for traditional rulers in the country, saying they had not been properly placed in the political landscape of the country.

Jonathan said, “We have to be careful of how we handle this. I don’t want to send an executive bill to the Senate. You have to measure the temperature of your environment before you do anything. In places like Japan, there’s no way you can discuss issues without mentioning traditional rulers.”

The President said the Federal Executive Council would use the last six weeks of the year to discuss how to move the nation forward through some radical changes.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201010252353165
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by egift(m): 12:21am On Oct 25, 2010
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by MaiSuya(m): 12:39am On Oct 25, 2010
Really, what is it with GeJ & his unending gaffs? He's supposed 2b d chief security officer, yet he says he doesnt KNOW why d security is tight in his very own state? Absurd!
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by LouisThoro: 12:57am On Oct 25, 2010
^

Even if this man says your name to you, you will still tell him he is wrong.

If you dont understnad what he is saying, others with brains understand him better.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 25, 2010
Aroke?
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by jensinmi(m): 1:23am On Oct 25, 2010
I really don't know what is wrong this man.
Does he not know the meaning of COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF

Na wa o.

This is not the United States where the Secret Service gets an opinion on the president's security. THIS IS NIGERIA!!

The president can decline 1,000 Heavily Armed MOPOL from the state deployed to "protect" him. I'm not saying he was assigned 1,000.
The president can make sure the best agencies for the job handle his security.
Is it Quantity or Quality??

All of this is smack talk coming from his mouth.

I really don't understand this man.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by LouisThoro: 1:29am On Oct 25, 2010
You dont have to understand him, no one is asking you to.

LOL.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by LouisThoro: 1:32am On Oct 25, 2010
Is it not on this same NairaLand where some people were complaining that the man is using too many security personnel? Now the man says the same thing, they now say him is bad?

LOL.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 1:51am On Oct 25, 2010
He should have gone there with a taxi.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by egift(m): 2:57am On Oct 25, 2010
Acidosis:

He should have gone there with a taxi.

grin grin grin
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by LouisThoro: 2:59am On Oct 25, 2010
or rode in a horse.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by egift(m): 3:06am On Oct 25, 2010
LouisThoro:

or rode in a horse.

Since he was already putting his cowboy hat grin grin grin
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by Kilode1: 5:07am On Oct 25, 2010
I'm puzzled by the title of this thread(Aroke?) and GEJ's comments  shocked did somebody spray some dumb chemical on earth today?

"They nearly broke his arm, I'm sorry for the poor man" grin

"It is where they push you that you will go" grin

Is this a poor attempt at humility or is he a pretender to the seat of president? This GEJ guy sef, SMH
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by Osama10(m): 5:50am On Oct 25, 2010
This topic is just so funny.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by Odunnu: 6:20am On Oct 25, 2010
Kilode?!:

I'm puzzled by the title of this thread(Aroke?) and GEJ's comments  shocked did somebody spray some dumb chemical on earth today?

"They nearly broke his arm, I'm sorry for the poor man" grin

"It is where they push you that you will go" grin

Is this a poor attempt at humility or is he a pretender to the seat of president? This GEJ guy sef, SMH
keep shaking the head, just make sure the brains dont stain my clothes when they finally spatter out from your head.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by james1(m): 6:22am On Oct 25, 2010
Oga mai suya.
When Abacha was CinC did the brilliant al mustapha not stopped him by way of advise from visiting place's?
If he goe's against his security aid's advise and that of the state SSS;they will let him know;oga sir,at your own risk.
And remember,the SSS have a duty to protect the president even against his own wish,they won't allow him take any step that will jeopardise his safety.get that?
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by Kilode1: 6:31am On Oct 25, 2010
Odunnu:

keep shaking the head, just make sure the brains dont stain my clothes when they finally spatter out from your head.

Don't be afraid, this head is kinda strong grin
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by Odunnu: 6:41am On Oct 25, 2010
I didnt say otherwise.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by slap1(m): 7:26am On Oct 25, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Aroke?
So what? Lol, abeg poster should come and edit this asap!
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by slap1(m): 7:30am On Oct 25, 2010
It would be wonderful if this gesture is extended to all of us, you know? Don't mind if they "aroke" someone's hand or head while at it.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by otokx(m): 7:32am On Oct 25, 2010
which one is aroke again?
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by calyx: 2:16pm On Oct 25, 2010
I thought this guy was Governor of that same state just a few years ago. . .
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by Akanbiedu(m): 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2010
james1:

Oga mai suya.
When Abacha was CinC did the brilliant al mustapha not stopped him by way of advise from visiting place's?
If he goe's against his security aid's advise and that of the state SSS;they will let him know;oga sir,at your own risk.
And remember,the SSS have a duty to protect the president even against his own wish,they won't allow him take any step that will jeopardise his safety.get that?

Of all that criticized GEJ, you managed to pick out mai suya and compared with Abacha. So if Abacha was wrong, its your turn to be wrong abi? How did you know mai suya was from Abacha's "North" ? from the username?
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by chosen04(f): 4:52pm On Oct 25, 2010
Get used to it . . . . . . . . .
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by globalaid(m): 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2010
will somebody tell this man to just shut up for once and concentrate on his job, this man should know he is the president of a nation and stop this his primary six attitude. Is it everything you have to talk about, what concern us with security breaking your cousin`s hand.
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2010
slap1:

So what? Lol, abeg poster should come and edit this asap!
Not what you were thinking. I kept Google searching what "Aroke" was until I went to the source link. Didnt even know it was a spelling error undecided
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by naso2(m): 6:14pm On Oct 25, 2010
globalaid:

will somebody tell this man to just shut up for once and concentrate on his job, this man should know he is the president of a nation and stop this his primary six attitude. Is it everything you have to talk about, what concern us with security breaking your cousin`s hand.

My friend abeg look for "pure" water drink, make this your blood kool down. What exactly is wrong in his statement? And how does talking affect his job?
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by egift(m): 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Not what you were thinking. I kept Google searching what "Aroke" was until I went to the source link. Didnt even know it was a spelling error  undecided

Hahahaha grin grin grin hahaha I go die for una ooo - Maybe an arm twisting "Aroke" grin
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by ITbomb(m): 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2010
globalaid:

that's exactly why i like GEJ. He explain situations with simple illustrations
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by nobleobed(m): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2010
smileyHIS THE MAN. smiley

Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by OCCULTIST(m): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2010
Maybe he prefer MEND to be his security guard grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Security Agents Almost Broke My Cousin’s Hand — Jonathan by Bawss1(m): 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2010
^^ cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lassa Fever Kills 40, As Fg Releases Emergency Numbers / GEJ Plotting To Reconvene House – APC / Tambuwal's Security Will Not Be Restored - Nigerian Police Force

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.