Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,534 members, 7,812,658 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' (5233 Views)

Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / What To Do If Your Car Is Stuck In Mud / My Car Is Consuming Water At A Rapid Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by radautoworks: 8:22am On Aug 11, 2018
weyreypey:

You have to take a position. My last post finished the discussion.

Advice... Put off the capitalism lenses.

Some more help

https://www.investopedia.com/walkthrough/corporate-finance/2/financial-statements/balance-sheet.aspx

Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by weyreypey: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2018
The philosophical underpinnings of your links are wrong, narrow, brutish and downright capitalist oriented
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by radautoworks: 8:26am On Aug 11, 2018
weyreypey:
The philosophical underpinnings of your links are wrong, narrow, brutish and downright capitalist oriented

What does capitalism have to do with it? A definition is a definition lol. Cars are assets, not investments. Investments are assets but not all assets are investments lol.
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by weyreypey: 8:29am On Aug 11, 2018
radautoworks:

What does capitalism have to do with it? A definition is a definition lol. Cars are assets, not investments. Investments are assets but not all assets are investments lol.
A definition assumes the character of the conceptualisation... Now your major undoing is viewing investments from a purely profiteering angle without any thoughts for the qualitative benefits... Anyway I'd leave you to think hard and long about it. Cheers
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by radautoworks: 8:31am On Aug 11, 2018
weyreypey:

A definition assumes the character of the conceptualisation.

I'm sorry I'm right... Again. Oh, and since we are calling out credentials, EXECUTIVE MBA TOP OF CLASS 2013, WINNER OF CAPSTONE PROJECT! ROFL.
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by fuckboys: 8:32am On Aug 11, 2018
weyreypey:

Your definition of investment is narrowed down to profiteering.
you're very wrong again, even non-profit investments is an asset to it's owner

1 Like

Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by radautoworks: 8:33am On Aug 11, 2018
fuckboys:

Correct again. All it has to do is be able to be turned into cash.
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by weyreypey: 8:34am On Aug 11, 2018
fuckboys:
Why did you use the word investment in nonprofit investment. Why nonprofit asset....

You all need to get to the philosophical underpinnings of these concepts. Which people in finance rarely do.

Profits profits and profits..... Is where both of you are stuck. Without any thoughts for the usefulness of the item in question.... According to the Oyibo dictionary an investment is also characterised by it's usefulness not only profits.... I know times maybe hard but then an investment is what it is ...not only profit dependent but also have other utilitarian values not related to profiteering but better captured by the concept "BENEFITS"

Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by radautoworks: 8:36am On Aug 11, 2018
weyreypey:

Why did you use the word investment in nonprofit investment. Why nonprofit asset....

You all need to get to the philosophical underpinnings of these concepts. Which people in finance rarely do.

Because investments are ASSETS lol
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by radautoworks: 8:38am On Aug 11, 2018
weyreypey:

You do realize your own picture just supported our argument. An investment has to be expected to be MORE valuable in the future which is exactly what your definition says.. notice also it lists asset as a synonym for investment but not vice-versa grin

You're killing us making our argument for us!

Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by weyreypey: 8:41am On Aug 11, 2018
radautoworks:

You do realize your own picture just supported our argument. An investment has to be expected to be MORE valuable in the future which is exactly what your definition says.. notice also it lists asset as a synonym for investment but not vice-versa grin

You're killing us making our argument for us!
No it doesn't. Take a British educational lense and read through the highlighted portion.
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by radautoworks: 8:45am On Aug 11, 2018
weyreypey:

No it doesn't. Take a British educational lense and read through the highlighted portion.

I'll put it to you in simpler terms. A square investment is a rectangle asset but a rectangle asset is not necessarily a square investment.
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by weyreypey: 10:40am On Aug 11, 2018
radautoworks:

I'll put it to you in simpler terms. A square investment is a rectangle asset but a rectangle asset is not necessarily a square investment.
Let me put it simply here:
We agree on asset but not on the concept of investment.
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by radautoworks: 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2018
weyreypey:

Let me put it simply here:
We agree on asset but not on the concept of investment.

Nothing to disagree on. It's a clearly defined term. You can't have an opinion on it. Just like like you can't have an opinion on the term cold, square, happy or debt.
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by weyreypey: 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2018
radautoworks:

Nothing to disagree on. It's a clearly defined term. You can't have an opinion on it. Just like like you can't have an opinion on the term cold, square, happy or debt.
Cold is debatable... You don't claim cold in Jos when an Eskimo comes visiting... cheesy... No definition is sacrosanct ... This is what you learn at the level of PhD. Not MBA.
You only need to re-examine the assumptions behind the so-called definitions.

And I am absolutely correct.
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by radautoworks: 10:32pm On Aug 11, 2018
Cold is scientifically defined at certain temperatures. It is not a philosophical debate though that was one of my minors. Not I'm sure you're just trolling for arguments sake and not actually ignorant. I've lost interest now lol

I do want to send your resume to Trump though. These your alternative facts wink
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by weyreypey: 11:04pm On Aug 11, 2018
radautoworks:
Cold is scientifically defined at certain temperatures. It is not a philosophical debate though that was one of my minors. Not I'm sure you're just trolling for arguments sake and not actually ignorant. I've lost interest now lol

I do want to send your resume to Trump though. These your alternative facts wink

Cold has no absolute universal temperature level it is relative... Well if you can submit my resume to Trump I'd be joyful for the recruitment.
Re: Your Car Is 'Not An Investment!' by radautoworks: 2:57am On Aug 12, 2018
weyreypey:

Cold has no absolute universal temperature level it is relative... Well if you can submit my resume to Trump I'd be joyful for the recruitment.

You must not quit and write a book like Omorosa okay?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Need A Car To Take Do Taxi / See Why Honda Has More Ball Joint Failure / Urgent Help! Engine Oil Inside Power Steering Resevoir: Rav4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.