Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

I Fell For Some Petty Scam - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Fell For Some Petty Scam (357 Views)

Scam Alert!! Beware Of The Petty Thieves Herein! / Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience / Top 10 Petty Businesses That Generate Much More Profit Than What People Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Fell For Some Petty Scam by sparkle7: 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
Guys some dudes just scammed me. With the number
And the reason am angry is that they are still in the loose. The number is equally still on. Right now.
Thank God it wasn't my main bank account.
They took a whooping 700 naira
No joking attached.
I was stupid to fall for that social engineering scam and stupidly reveal my atm pin. Even my MasterCard 3 digit pin.
How this guys get your full name, account number, state of your account and its status still beats me.
Well lesson learnt.
See pics below. They kind of disabled any debit notification from first bank and replaced it with debit of 1 naira when in reality it is a huge sum they are debiting.
Each time asking for the otp code. Note I use first bank.
They sounded so legit.
Pardon any typos. Pictures attaches below.
The number above is still working right now. I don't know if it is possible to track it when making call with them.

Re: I Fell For Some Petty Scam by sparkle7: 3:31pm On Aug 27, 2019
A first bank mobile scam.
Re: I Fell For Some Petty Scam by onlinetomola(m): 3:38pm On Aug 27, 2019
If anyone requests for your ATM card pin then you gat to wake up, naa real scam. No Bank ask for your card pin, I repeat, No Bank will ask for your card Pin, even if you are in the banking hall.
Re: I Fell For Some Petty Scam by sparkle7: 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2019
onlinetomola:
If anyone requests for your ATM card pin then you gat to wake up, naa real scam. No Bank ask for your card pin, I repeat, No Bank will ask for your card Pin, even if you are in the banking hall.
Sure.

(1) (Reply)

. / Paypal Fund Needed / I Want To Buy A Pin Verified Adsense ASAP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.