Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) (70803 Views)

Oyediran Joseph, Wanted By FBI, Arrested In Ilorin - EFCC (Photos) / Invictus Obi: Nairaland Post That Led FBI To Arrest Obinwanne Okeke / Obinwanne Okeke Aka Invictus Obi Busted By FBI (Full Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by poshbrave(m): 8:53am On Aug 28, 2019
I sincerely hope EFCC is learning well from FBI on how to make arrest.... nice one FBI keep arresting them
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Commentor: 8:54am On Aug 28, 2019
timesup234:
and you think mark zuckerberg is clean? You are seriously under a brainwashing spell. Americans are the real definition of fraud, the whole United States wealth was built on fraud and thievery

He's not clean yet if they give you a hundred years you can't create your own Facebook.

2 Likes

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 28, 2019
Commentor:

Owerri boys are simply not exposed to the companies due to their local nature.

Playing football in Owerri is same game played in Camp nou.
let them go to USA and do the scam let's see if they won't be nabbed during bombing
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by timesup234: 8:58am On Aug 28, 2019
Commentor:

Matter of time before Wadume or Evan's gang transact their business with your entire family.

Embrace it.
and you are safe from death yourself? I dont give two fvck about Yahoo, the united states have succeded in brainwashing lots of Africans. Americans are the greatest thieves, from bill gates to the homeless man in new york they are all criminals. They make the stupid rules and laws that fools like you follow

2 Likes

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by timesup234: 9:02am On Aug 28, 2019
Commentor:

He's not clean yet if they give you a hundred years you can't create your own Facebook.
what i have created is a trillion times greater than Facebook and Microsoft but dumb idiots like you have completely being brainwashed by western bullshiit education. My creation is to exposed these bastards who are responsible for over 40 million deaths annually. These bastards u see as role models. The bastards who bomb every single country to keep them in line with the slave united states dollar. The bastards FBI who are responsible for bringing drugs and nightmare to third world countries. Thats the highest yahoo and the American empire will crumble soon

2 Likes

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Commentor: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2019
timesup234:
and you are safe from death yourself? I dont give two fvck about Yahoo, the united states have succeded in brainwashing lots of Africans. Americans are the greatest thieves, from bill gates to the homeless man in new york they are all criminals. They make the stupid rules and laws that fools like you follow

Shut up.

Have you ever been to America?

Ignoramuses like you do not deserve the use of social media, which by the way, Americans created.

You watch Hollywood movies - made in America.

You use or crave for Apple products - American inventions.

You probably have applied for the US Visa which was fortunately denied, that was the only time they wacked your money without selling anything to you.

To be fair, they knew you wouldn't thrive in their environment.

Na Onicha fit you.

3 Likes

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by DevilhimseIf: 9:04am On Aug 28, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:

cool
[/s]
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Commentor: 9:06am On Aug 28, 2019
timesup234:
what i have created is a trillion times greater than Facebook and Microsoft but dumb idiots like you have completely being brainwashed by western bullshiit education. My creation is to exposed these bastards who are responsible for over 40 million deaths annually. These bastards u see as role models. The bastards who bomb every single country to keep them in line with the slave united states dollar. The bastards FBI who are responsible for bringing drugs and nightmare to third world countries. Thats the highest yahoo and the American empire will crumble soon

Nairaland people, come and see our very own Alva Edison.

Inventor of wheelbarrow and owner of a blog that has only one visitor, you guessed it...him.

2 Likes

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by yaki84: 9:07am On Aug 28, 2019
Gelat0:

Gbam.

It's sad we're going to be losing such a brilliant young man to the American system. Let the holy cast stones, let the wise learn.

Sad as it is, many people spitting bile and acid regarding this issue depend on this dirty money directly or indirectly to survive; they just don't know it.

I know businesses that feed whole families, pay salaries, send children to school that would have crumbled if they were not constantly patronized by "these guys" people are talking about.

As Nigerians are becoming known for cybercrimes, the South Americans are known for drugs, the Arabs known for terrorism, the Asians and italians for organized crimes, russians prostitution, drug, etc rings, indians rape, omo e plenty. There is no country where there is no crime, even the US.

I don't know why y'all are shouting. The US will just be using the opportunity to gain more control. See our government officials shouting extradition up and down, the fools, they will only be shooting themselves in the leg.

Best we can do is make things at home work first. No need crying over spilled milk. A child will surely do what he sees/thinks his father does.

Sweep your house so your children will not carry dirty feet outside.
Most of the guys inhere castigating these 80 bad guys r even doing worse in naija.
The other day i saw an advert on data sales, had to screen grab it, called the line yesterday cause my guy ran outta data, the fool said we can only pay with airtym. 2k for 7gig.
He said he only accept transfer if i buy large data(30) gig.
Gimme d 30gig na mek i transfer money, uptill now d fool no do.
Na yoruba boy o.
I believe him too go dey blast these guys here too.
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Mikeparlo12(m): 9:08am On Aug 28, 2019
All these boys will make you tell you are lazy. Don’t look at others. Keep pushing
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by timesup234: 9:08am On Aug 28, 2019
Commentor:

Shut up.

Have you ever been to America?

Ignoramuses like you do not deserve the use of social media, which by the way, Americans created.

You watch Hollywood movies - made in America.

You use or crave for Apple products - American inventions.

You probably have applied for the US Visa which was fortunately denied, that was the only time they wacked your money without selling anything to you.

To be fair, they knew you wouldn't thrive in their environment.

Na Onicha fit you.
dunce, what is my business being in America? Only slaves travel to that shiithole. Nobody thrive in the bullshiit system where over 70% of americans are one paycheck away from living on the street. A system where most 35yrs old college graduates still live with their parents. A system where fresh college graduates sleeps with old men from europe to pay back their student loans. A system where 95% of americans wont be able to afford their houses and cars if you tell them to pay cash. Now thats a slave system, nobody should be proud of going to america, it should be a shame you hide
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by eldoradoxx: 9:09am On Aug 28, 2019
Cutting deal happens when there is a missing link in the case and the prosecution needs just an admission. If watertight case has been built against a person, there is no deal, the prosecution goes for maximum punishment.
CyberWolf:
If he has a good lawyer, just cut a deal with the feds, pleads guilty and get maximum of 5 yrs, case closed.
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by timesup234: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2019
Commentor:

Nairaland people, come and see our very own Alva Edison.

Inventor of wheelbarrow and owner of a blog that has only one visitor, you guessed it...him.
you finally met hell today. I have defeated professors, scholars even attorneys. When people who live in America see my posts they avoid it and duck for cover. You will be added to that list. Bow down slave!!
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Wantedmiller: 9:14am On Aug 28, 2019
Gelat0:

Gbam.

It's sad we're going to be losing such a brilliant young man to the American system. Let the holy cast stones, let the wise learn.

Sad as it is, many people spitting bile and acid regarding this issue depend on this dirty money directly or indirectly to survive; they just don't know it.

I know businesses that feed whole families, pay salaries, send children to school that would have crumbled if they were not constantly patronized by "these guys" people are talking about.

As Nigerians are becoming known for cybercrimes, the South Americans are known for drugs, the Arabs known for terrorism, the Asians and italians for organized crimes, russians prostitution, drug, etc rings, indians rape, omo e plenty. There is no country where there is no crime, even the US.

I don't know why y'all are shouting. The US will just be using the opportunity to gain more control. See our government officials shouting extradition up and down, the fools, they will only be shooting themselves in the leg.

Best we can do is make things at home work first. No need crying over spilled milk. A child will surely do what he sees/thinks his father does.

Sir modify this please..... I beg you in the name of God!

There is no justification to crime Biko.

Recently people like Obi wrecked my friend.... I now know how it feels to dupe someone of his hard earn money and some are peoples money.

I wanted to abuse you but you might be a nice guy.

I decided to hold my peace.

Don't pray it comes your way....... Suicide comes to mind.

Say no to any crime at all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Omoluabi16(m): 9:17am On Aug 28, 2019
I'm sure they were already queuing back in THAT' side to give him chieftaincy titles for his INDUSTRIOUS acumen.
And to the dolts going on about our bad government here as an excuse,I feel terribly sorry for you.

3 Likes

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 28, 2019
Sanromeo:
FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US — risks 20 years in prison

Obinwanne Okeke, Invictus Group CEO, who is popularly known as Invictus Obi, was arrested at the Dulles International Airport, while leaving the United States, TheCable can report.

According to information obtained from the US federal court in Virginia, US, Okeke was scheduled to return to Nigeria four day after a complaint was filed against him at the court, and was arrested at the airport, just before he got on the flight to Nigeria.

An order of detention pending trial was filed on August 2, 2019, on the grounds that “by a preponderance of evidence that no condition or combination of conditions of release will reasonably assure the defendant’s (Okeke) appearance as required”.

A source familiar about the matter told TheCable via mail that “the attached court documents from the US federal court in Norfolk, Virginia confirm that Okeke was indeed arrested by the FBI, on August 6 at the Dulles International Airport”.

According to his arrest warrant obtained by TheCable, he was taken for violation of US laws as it concerns “conspiracy to commit computer fraud” and “conspiracy to commit wire fraud”.

The Arrest Warrant

The affidavit sworn by Marshall Ward, a special agent with FBI, had said as of August 2, 2019, “the date of this application, OKEKE is currently in the United States, and is scheduled to depart the country on August 6, 2019”.

“Therefore, a warrant for his arrest is immediately required to apprehend him and prevent his retum to Nigeria, where he would be beyond the reach of U.S. law enforcement.”

THE BACKGROUND

In June 2018, Unatrac Holding Limited, a company which deals in sales of heavy industrial and farm equipment, was said to have approached the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) over a breach in the email account of its chief financial officer where a fraudulent transfer of funds was done.

The intruder was said to have sent phishing emails containing a web link, purportedly to the login page of the CFO’s online email account hosted by Microsoft Office 365.

Believing the link to be genuine, the CFO was said to have imputed his username and password from where the intruder got full access to the account and sent a fraudulent wire transfer request to the company’s internal financial team.

Acting under the impression that the email emanated from the CFO, the finance staff processed approximately 15 payments between April 11 to 19, 2018, totalling $11 million.

‘INVICTUS OBI MAY GET CLOSE TO 20-YEAR JAIL TERM’

Okeke, who requested to for substitution of legal counsel is now being represented by John O. Iweanoge, II and THE IWEANOGES FIRM. The Iweanoges took over from Rahul Sharma, a US federal public defender.

Based on precedence, Okeke could get between five and twenty years jail term for conspiracy to commit computer and wire fraud.

According to the Legal Information Institute, anyone who “knowingly and with intent to defraud, accesses a protected computer without authorization, or exceeds authorized access, and by means of such conduct furthers the intended fraud and obtains anything of value, unless the object of the fraud and the thing obtained consists only of the use of the computer and the value of such use is not more than $5,000 in any 1-year period”.

If the financial value of information taken exceeds $5,000, the convicted shall be subject to a fine or imprisonment for not more than ten years, or both.

As for wire fraud, a person convicted for a single act of wire fraud can result in fines and up to 20 years in prison, according to criminal defence attorneys in the United States.

Persons familiar with wire fraud cases in the US told TheCable that a combination of these sentences could result in a higher jail term for the estranged Nigerian entrepreneur.

Okeke has since faded of social media.

https://www.thecable.ng/fbi-arrested-invictus-obi-at-dulles-international-airport-just-before-escaping-us/amp?__twitter_impression=true

Na Mexico him for fess go
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by opebiboy: 9:32am On Aug 28, 2019
pot calling kettle black. The FBI is the biggest crime syndicate known to mankind.
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by cooltola(m): 9:41am On Aug 28, 2019
Do not do scam. It doesn't pay.
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by kelvindj98: 9:44am On Aug 28, 2019
Gelat0:

Gbam.

Your reasoning be like Lukaku's first touch.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by TotoNaRubber: 9:48am On Aug 28, 2019
Chai. So this guy no go fuuuck for the next 20 years.
Anyway he will become gay inside prison after 3 years of sober mood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Commentor: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2019
timesup234:
dunce, what is my business being in America? Only slaves travel to that shiithole. Nobody thrive in the bullshiit system where over 70% of americans are one paycheck away from living on the street. A system where most 35yrs old collegeg still live with their parents. A system where fresh college graduates sleeps with old men from europe to pay back their student loans. A system where 95% of americans wont be able to afford their houses and cars if you tell them to pay cash. Now thats a slave system, nobody should be proud of going to america, it should be a shame you hide

Exactly what I mean.

A local champion thinking he has knowledge.

You've never been beyond Alaigbo except for your ill-fated fan yogo experience in the Lagos traffic.

So buying a car in installments is a problem to this African that cannot manufacture a spark plug.

It would do you well to shut up.

Your ignorance is irritating and certainly not one to broadcast.

3 Likes

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by colp2015: 9:49am On Aug 28, 2019
CyberWolf:
If he has a good lawyer, just cut a deal with the feds, pleads guilty and get maximum of 5 yrs, case closed.
Minimum prison term is ten years because the proceeds of his fraud exceeded $5,000.

In fact, there are at least two count allegations against him. Both allegations are conclusive, so the only reasonable thing is to fess up and plead guilty in addition to forfeiture of all his assets or at least the amount involved in the wire fraud.

A plea bargain can reduce his sentence to a minimum of fifteen years (10 years for Wire Fraud and 5 years for Unauthorized Access to a Company's Network) or a total of ten years imprisonment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by timesup234: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2019
Commentor:

Exactly what I mean.

A local champion thinking he has knowledge.

You've never been beyond Alaigbo except for your ill-fated fan yogo experience in the Lagos traffick.

So buying a car in installments is a problem to this African that cannot manufacture a spark plug.

It would do you well to shut up.

Your ignorance is irritating and certainly not one to broadcast.
You've never been beyond Shitcago where people live like donkeys and monkeys. A real live jungle only fit for baboons. Better step back before I destroy you with a deadly uppercut. Many who came and dare long rest in peace. Stupid fvcks!
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 28, 2019
You are such a dumb fella. Do you have any sense of reasoning. You feel same fate will not visit your household. If you don’t accept his narration just keep quiet and write your own epistle.

quote author=Commentor post=81677690]

Some businesses survive on kidnapping.

May the ills of society you accept visit your home.[/quote]
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Commentor: 9:55am On Aug 28, 2019
timesup234:
You've never been beyond Shitcago where people live like donkeys and monkeys. A real live jungle only fit for baboons. Better step back before I destroy you with a deadly uppercut. Many who came and dare long rest in peace. Stupid fvcks!

Hahaha.

Name the country and I'll prove you wrong.

Local champion.

1 Like

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Divit(m): 9:59am On Aug 28, 2019
Afamed:

Stop saying rubbish. Obinwane had the option of either
using his talent to become another Mark Zuckerberg or the the most fugitive fraud criminals like Angel Logos and Ashot Sanamran. You are just another criminal element. You didn't know Obinwane was also robbing other people and sending them to their early grave through his various dubious activities

Bros na you dey say rubbish. I know you may either be a frustrated civil servant or an artisan. There are countless of billionaires who acquired the prime stone of their wealth through cunning and fraudulent means. Mark zuckerberg, craig steven wright, the olive brothers to name the few. As if you self holy. Bros, na all of us be thieves. I’m not commending him for engaging in fraud, but it’s logically laudable that the money he stole was actually used to set up very brilliant businesses unlike his brainless counterparts (hushpuppy, investor bj, aremo g, etc).
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by cooooooks(m): 9:59am On Aug 28, 2019
Voici les problemes avec les Nigerians. I l ne fait pas cette "erreure" une fois, deux fois ou dix fois.

Toi, monsieur est partie du probleme.

MoonWater:
make this matter rest abeg... The guy has been apprehended, fine. He might have made his mistake, let everyone move on.
There is large scale fraud going on under your nose here in Nigeria no one is bothering about
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Tchange1(m): 10:02am On Aug 28, 2019
America should be grateful that Invictus Obi no do wetin Emmanuel Nwude

1 Like

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Basher8583: 10:03am On Aug 28, 2019
Commentor:

Some businesses survive on kidnapping.

May the ills of society you accept visit your home.

Dont mind those criminals. They are littered all over Nairaland.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Basher8583: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2019
Divit:

Bros na you dey say rubbish. I know you may either be a frustrated civil servant or an artisan. There are countless of billionaires who acquired the prime stone of their wealth through cunning and fraudulent means. Mark zuckerberg, craig steven wright, the olive brothers to name the few. As if you self holy. Bros, na all of us be thieves. I’m not commending him for engaging in fraud, but it’s logically laudable that the money he stole was actually used to set up very brilliant businesses unlike his brainless counterparts (hushpuppy, investor bj, aremo g, etc).

A thief is a thief. Is this the jargons you will say when a fraudster defrauds you and uses the money to set up a company employing labour. Your mind is twisted due to poverty

2 Likes

Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by Vokians(m): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2019
What's his offence?
Re: FBI arrested Invictus Obi at the airport just before ‘escaping’ US (Photos) by shigishege: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2019
Gelat0:

Gbam.

. Nooo we don't need such a brilliance in Nigeria anymore. fraudulent and theft "brilliance" idea. enough is enough d ones we gave here already we look forward and praying hard to eradicate them. pls let's join hands to rebuke anyone found wanting so they can become a better person.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

4 Fake SARS Officials Killed In Rivers State (Graphic photos) / Armed Robber Killed In Elelewon, Port Harcourt (Graphic Photos) / Kidnapper Don Waney's House Demolished (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.