Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry (28682 Views)

Breaking News!! I Am From The Ijaw Tribe!! Burna Boy Speaks!! / Burna Boy Speaks On Video Of Man Shouting His Name On Sighting Gorilla At A Zoo / Davido And Sophia Momodu Spent Cross Over Night Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Olodo24: 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
He used to be underrated but he's overrated at this point. He's been repeating himself in his lyrics. Folks would jump to disagree but it's the truth. He's overrated.. Same as Wizkid

5 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by CONTACTSAMSUNG(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2019
grin

Burna, maybe he'd replace the likes of sizzla, buju banton, mavado and Co because he's got the real African thang

Meanwhile check out my signature and thread for beautiful offers on electronics
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Ugosample(m): 9:52pm On Aug 27, 2019
thesicilian:
Attract them here, they'll respect you more than going over there to join them

naaa

Sean Paul went there

and he is Sean Paul

So it depends on how you wanna do it
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2019
The idea sounds crazy.....but trust your CRAZY IDEAS!
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by chukzyfcbb: 9:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
Olodo24:
He used to be underrated but he's overrated at this point. He's been repeating himself in his lyrics. Folks would jump to disagree but it's the truth. He's overrated.. Same as Wizkid
True, he has been sounding the same lately. He needs a break to bring something fresh

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Mhizrasy: 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2019
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by lollybizzu(m): 10:00pm On Aug 27, 2019
Orire01:
Àlàyé calm down first! Don't be too fast before your shadow.

I sell cheap and super neat laptops

Details on signature.
Beefers and haters undecided.

How is going faster than his shadow?
Burna is just good and he does not need anyone to validate him.
Admit it. grin

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Shinabrown5308(m): 10:06pm On Aug 27, 2019
sure
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by guttentag(m): 10:08pm On Aug 27, 2019
Na their his career go end, make we bet?
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
stfu
globemoney:

Lol, feeling too big to accept he wants to cross over their
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by poweredcom(m): 10:09pm On Aug 27, 2019
He has truly knocked Wizkid out of America lol

Nobody even send davido for America dat one na money e de take. Buy his way

Burna boy is a very good artist now I know he has so much talent in his style of music

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Ezekiel57: 10:12pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ok �… ..

Let me show how you can get more than 10 leads by using telegram.
U will be earning daily Income also

U can also have a group / channel of more than 10k members or subscribers with free bot helping to monitoring against spammer

All for free.

For more information ℹ️ telegram/whatsapp me on +2348100801157
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by deleo16(m): 10:14pm On Aug 27, 2019
Orire01:
Àlàyé calm down first! Don't be too fast before your shadow.

I sell cheap and super neat laptops

Details on signature.
reminds me of Craig David's
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by 9jaRealist: 10:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
Olodo24:
RockHard:
Burna is beginning to sound monotonous to me. He's overrated in my opinion. lipsrsealed

Here come the crabs...
Abegi go put out your 'heterogenous' sound make we hear. undecided
>

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by macof(m): 10:18pm On Aug 27, 2019
Stealthwalker:
The guy is not only the most talent modern day musician in nigeria but also the smartest. See how he just said he would rather bring Americans to Africa rather than bringing Africa to America, burna boy is truly great. Grammy loading

You were the first post that actually understood the op.
Other posters just read the title of the thread and rushed to comment
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by macof(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2019
fratermathy:

Did you even read the details of his interview?

The problem with nairaland comments these days is that people rush to comment based on headlines alone.

Serious intellectual problem in this country

So many people didn't read or didn't understand the contents of the post
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by 9jaRealist: 10:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
Caseless:
ask d'banj how it went with his journey or attempt to cross-over.
guttentag:
Na their his career go end, make we bet?
lucianohase:
If he does that his music career will just die!
obailala:
Dude doesnt want to repeat the D'Banj mistake.
IamSoProlific:
This guy wan finally sell him soul, I'm sure buyers don line up. I'm sure he's equal to the tax too,since he was able to play axeman/cultism game n played it well for ph, a whole Rivers of blood, despite killing people at a time during his days as an executioner.

Moreover, in selling the soul he should be careful so he doesn't get scammed (oyinbos are the worst/notorious scammers) or even sell the soul for a counterfeit. D'banj will tell him better.

"Lazy yoots" grin

First, bother to read...
Then, try to understand...
Before you comment.

Thanks.

LifestyleTonite:
Nigerian singer, Burna Boy has opened up on his actual desire concerning crossing over to the American music industry.

In an interview with The Fader, the Afrobeat singer who is fast gaining international recognition, revealed that his actually desire is to cross foreigners over to African music.

”Yeah, I care about crossing over, but like in the opposite way. It’s like I want to come here (US) and cross you over to where I am (Africa). Because where i am is the actual home or the beginning”, Burna Boy said.

Speaking on whether African music is accomplishing giant strides abroad, Burna Boy said, ”It’s being accomplished because now everyone I come across is proud to be African”

When asked if he feels Nigeria is being misunderstood by outsiders, the singer said even insiders misunderstand the country.

”Nigeria is being misunderstood by insiders. I can guarantee you that at least 90% of my age group considered the youth had no clue about the real origins of Nigeria.

”There’s so much truth that need to be known. The only thing that can save the youth is knowledge and financial independence” he said.

https://wotzup.ng/burna-boy-speaks-on-his-desire-to-cross-over-to-the-american-music-industry/
>
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Bamz(m): 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2019
fratermathy:

Did you even read the details of his interview?

The problem with nairaland comments these days is that people rush to comment based on headlines alone.

Dude's just marketing his laptop grin

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by IamSoProlific: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
9jaRealist:

"Lazy yoots" grin

First, bother to read...
Then, try to understand...
Before you comment.

Thanks.

>

Lazy kee you there, did you read and understand my own
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Godwin2am(m): 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
thesicilian:
BURNA BOY BETTER LEARN FROM DBANJ § THE US ARTIST IN CORNER AM
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by 9jaRealist: 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2019
Bamz:
Dude's just marketing his laptop grin

grin grin grin
>
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by naijacentric(m): 10:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
greggng:
To be honest the guy is the biggest star Africa has right now after wizkid
which mumu wizkid he comes no where near burna

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by eikechukwu8(m): 10:30pm On Aug 27, 2019
helinues:
Who is he going to compete with there? You better dey maintained your local champion
what made Burna Boy a local champion Oga angry
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by 9jaRealist: 10:32pm On Aug 27, 2019
IamSoProlific:
Lazy kee you there, did you read and understand my own

Abegi don't come for me o...
Go and find your Olabisi Ajala President. cheesy
>
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Komu1048(m): 10:44pm On Aug 27, 2019
angry
thesicilian:

U r brain bro, let him make dsame mistake babadee, elder, dbanj etc made that kill their career. So he should follow suit n let others take his place. That's what davido will never do
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Mbitiouz69: 10:46pm On Aug 27, 2019
Ezekiel57:
Ok �… ..

Let me show how you can get more than 10 leads by using telegram.
U will be earning daily Income also

U can also have a group / channel of more than 10k members or subscribers with free bot helping to monitoring against spammer

All for free.

For more information ℹ️ telegram/whatsapp me on +2348100801157

Please is this for reallll, have you made an income before have passed through a lot like this, i m asking this cause I've wasted a lot of time on scams like DAT o telegram

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by twerkjack: 10:49pm On Aug 27, 2019
thesicilian:

That’s what he said.... You didn’t read did you
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by IamSoProlific: 10:50pm On Aug 27, 2019
9jaRealist:

Abegi don't come for me o...
Go and find your Olabisi Ajala President. cheesy
>

Ode
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Mbitiouz69: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
naijacentric:
which mumu wizkid he comes no where near burna

Funny you, cause wizkid has not dropped a single song this year and even currently he is still the biggest in the continent, burna & Mr eazi are still behind him
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Caseless: 10:56pm On Aug 27, 2019
ask d'banj how it went with his journey or attempt to cross-over.
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by medolab90(m): 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
helinues:
Who is he going to compete with there? You better dey maintained your local champion

cheesy cheesy cheesy Local champion you know nothing.
Re: Burna Boy Speaks On His Desire To Cross Over To The American Music Industry by Kubiatrealer(m): 10:58pm On Aug 27, 2019
I just developed feelings for burna boy all of a sudden..
He is unique � �
#proubafrican
#proublynigerian
#no be for here them born Jesus � � � �

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funke Akindele, Osita Iheme And Chinedu Ikedieze (Pictures) / Flavour Denies Being Married To Sandra Okagbue / Julius Agwu And His Family In Matching Ankara Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.