Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:54 AM

200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG (22087 Views)

Biggest Ship To Berth In Nigerian Port, CMA CGM Scandola Arrives Lekki Today / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years / Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 28, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
This should be the next line of wailing I guess.

Even when it is announced (which won't be different from lagos), the next line will be: they should tell us why it is not as busy as lagos.
Do you as a person believe this.What happened to Ogoni clean up or the Niger bridge, all funds for that already looted..
Even the president doesn't believe in himself or people who he chose as a cabinet member.
The leaders destroyed this so much, going for UK for medical treatment, but you can't see any developed country president visits our country .

Much for giant of Africa

Verified WeChat and Alipay wallet available
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:32am On Aug 28, 2019
mrvitalis:
Tell us the cost of clearing goods at warri port ,port harcourt port , and calabar port ...lets see if its the same with lagos
L
They know why they hide this things

Where are the ships
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Mutemenot(m): 9:32am On Aug 28, 2019
We are quick to believe whatever they post online here. Please more update needed from warri Nairalanders ...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by itsme01: 9:33am On Aug 28, 2019
Nsarug80:
A time will come when the SS region will stop feeding some unproductive & parasitic elements in this country. Let them restructure & see how some people will die of famine. By the time other ports start working maximally, Lagos IGR would be brought to 10k per month.

you can hate lagos all you want, you know what,? after dangote refinery is set the traffic at lagos ports both ibeju and apapa would skyrocket so much so that you people would wail

p.s nobody stops your region except your greedy violent youths that chase all investors away shouting our oyel

11 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 28, 2019
Nigeria can lie..
So I doubt this.

1 Like

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by wink2015(m): 9:35am On Aug 28, 2019
TheAutoReporter:
The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has said that no fewer than 200 vessels now berth in the Warri ports, Delta.

This was made known during a Stakeholders Forum held on Monday at the Warri Ports.

The forum was at the instance of the visiting Chairman, NPA Board of Directors, Mr Emmanuel Adesoye, who was on an on-the-spot assessment tour of the port facilities.

The Managing Director of NPA, Hadiza Usman was represented at the event by Mr Rufai Mohammed.

Usman said the development had boost economic activities in Warri and attributed the feat to President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitment to dredging the escravos channel.

She said the Federal Government was committed to improving economic activities in the ports, adding that more dredging was being carried out to accommodate bigger vessels in the Warri ports.

“Only the regime of President Buhari has embarked on the dredging of the Warri ports,” Usman said.

She, however, appealed to stakeholders including host communities to continue to maintain the existing peace in the area.

Responding, Mr Adesoye, who had earlier toured the NPA facilities said there had been a great improvement in the facilities compared to what he observed in 2016 when he last visited the port.

According to him, the purpose of the visit is to have an on-the-spot assessment of the progress made by the port since November 2016.

“The current challenge is about the issue of dredging the channels in the port, particularly the terminals.

“We are already taking action concerning it. So, there is no problem. No time frame, but we are on it,” Adesoye said.

He also expressed satisfaction at the improved security situation in the waterways, which according to him had led to more vessels berthing at the port.

“The number of ships has increased significantly and revenue has gone up.

“That is what happens when there is unity among stakeholders, management and the communities,” he said.

However, the stakeholders in their presentations, called for more security to enable them to meet the global practice of 24 hours shipping activities as against the current 6:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m system.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/200-ships-now-berth-in-warri-ports-npa.html

NIGERIAN 'S FROM THE MARITIME STATES LIKE SOUTH WEST, SOUTH SOUTH ARE SUPPOSED TO HEAD THE NIGERIA PORTS AUTHORITY.

NOT HAUSA OR FULANI WHO DO NOT HAVE RIVERS LET ALONE OCEAN IN THEIR DOMAIN.

PEOPLE LIKE HADIZA SHOULD GO AND HEAD AGRICULTURE MINISTRY.

2 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by subcbouy: 9:37am On Aug 28, 2019
martowskin1:
Buhari me I no like u

But if this na truth, I respect u and still don't like u
Buhari respect you and don't know if you exist. If you are truly Nigerian, Buhari will verify you through your state govt.grin
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by excel222(m): 9:38am On Aug 28, 2019
This is a very fat lie.Since i am going to that warri port i have not seen up to four vessels berth in that port at once.. Only julius berger jetty there you found vessel most times.

1 Like

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by emeejinsm: 9:40am On Aug 28, 2019
grin
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

Even when it is announced (which won't be different from lagos), the next line will be: they should tell us why it is not as busy as lagos.
grin grin grin
grin omo u funny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by martowskin1(m): 9:40am On Aug 28, 2019
Flier:
Something Gej couldn’t do

reason i will respect him if its true.....

am not a zombie that dont know where to draw line..... am not a sentimental idiot

1 Like

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by overall90: 9:42am On Aug 28, 2019
chai chai
see lies
same warri port i used few days ago.
just one ship and there is even a rumour that the ship was used for illegal stuff.let me not say more.

2 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by madenigga(m): 9:42am On Aug 28, 2019
Nsarug80:
A time will come when the SS region will stop feeding some unproductive & parasitic elements in this country. Let them restructure & see how some people will die of famine. By the time other ports start working maximally, Lagos IGR would be brought to 10k per month.
wasup, why Lagos progress dae vex u?

If Lagos Igr dae low or high, how is it your concern?

You should be worried about improving your state igr to 10k per month, than worrying about the igr of another state

5 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by madenigga(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2019
Please call someone in Warri confirm this news for us...
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Okoroawusa: 9:45am On Aug 28, 2019
Nsarug80:
What exactly is your point?
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Safari29: 9:46am On Aug 28, 2019
they will runaway from this thread
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Nsarug80: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2019
Have you not been told that the people you referred to as 'poor' are the reasons you & miserable descendants are still alive?. My boy, my LGA alone is richer than your poverty stricken State

Your prayer is not for the success of your region, it is for the downfall of Lagos. That's why you guys will NEVER prosper. Even when you had a President from your region for 6 years, your people got poorer, and no single infrastructure was added to your region. Hatred kill Una there![/quote]

2 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Halexgos3(m): 9:56am On Aug 28, 2019
Okay. Xotunuie
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by rolchi(m): 10:00am On Aug 28, 2019
marvin906:
is it the same warri port that I know..
if not for olam that port would have been a grave yard..
abi is Julius Berger that bring vessels into port once or twice in 6 months

I tire o...this Warri wey we dey so!!
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Bridget95(f): 10:03am On Aug 28, 2019
OhiOfIhima:
slowly and steady, Nigeria will be great again..
Hopefully as it was during OBJ and GEJ's regime.when our economy was number one in Africa.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by bigclem22: 10:07am On Aug 28, 2019
Big big big lies, I am presently inside warri port, there is Notin like dat here. God help this country, the place is like a grave yard shocked shocked shocked cool shocked shocked. Useless people

4 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Wantedmiller: 10:09am On Aug 28, 2019
mrvitalis:
Tell us the cost of clearing goods at warri port ,port harcourt port , and calabar port ...lets see if its the same with lagos

Even if it is reduced..... you next line of question will be..... why is it 6.00am to 6.00pm instead of 24hrs?

Good things happens to those who appreciates it.

4 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by lilytender: 10:44am On Aug 28, 2019
mrvitalis:

Tell me why your lord Goatluck did about the ports in SS and SE.

2 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by chiefobdk(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2019
itsme01:

at least think na, isnt it the shipper that sets prices for cargo its carrying according to each routes, why are you people always bitter like this... custom duties of a country are the same accross all ports both land and sea so is the hadling fees collected by INTELS

atleast some greedy people and their party completely marginalised that port

Its more expensive clearing in warri than lagos. That's why people use lagos
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by chiefobdk(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]

U re just 30k per post dude u won't understand

1 Like

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by mrvitalis(m): 10:50am On Aug 28, 2019
lilytender:

Tell me why your lord Goatluck did about the ports in SS and SE.
Reason i voted him out
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Simplyleo: 10:52am On Aug 28, 2019
chiefobdk:

U re just 30k per post dude u won't understand
Oh, 30k per post not monthly again?

Continue lying to urselves while stil beating chest. grin

3 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by erico2k2(m): 10:53am On Aug 28, 2019
itsme01:

at least think na, isnt it the shipper that sets prices for cargo its carrying according to each routes, why are you people always bitter like this... custom duties of a country are the same accross all ports both land and sea so is the hadling fees collected by INTELS

The Only problem with these ports is traffic.Less vessel travel these route
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by nick50(m): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2019
mrvitalis:

..Wats the essence of shipping goods through warrior port when u must go to Lagos to get ur papers signed before coming down to warrior to clear the goods?..tribalism and nepotism are the major problems of this shithole country
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by itsme01: 11:00am On Aug 28, 2019
chiefobdk:

Its more expensive clearing in warri than lagos. That's why people use lagos

as a shipper once you berth at cortonou and ofload most of your content, going to lagos you charge alittle extra and ofload much content, so any warri or calabar bound cargo would cost you extra because its because of your cargo and few other cargos that its berthing and paying Intels fees

so its not like FG caused that or Lagos made it so

3 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Mboi: 11:01am On Aug 28, 2019
Nsarug80:
Lol.... Guy you're wicked..hahaha
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by chinedu234(m): 11:11am On Aug 28, 2019
itsme01:

If you do your findings right,you will observe that handling charges are different across various ports. Onne is quite different from tincan and apapa. However the improvement should be acknowledged.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senator Ibrahim Gobir: Bandits Took Over Sokoto Communities, Appointed ‘Judges’ / APC Crisis: Saraki, Lai Mohammed Move Against Kwara Governor Over Caretaker List / Fatai Buhari Demands Good Reasons For Buhari's Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.