Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,042 members, 7,825,307 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG (22122 Views)

Biggest Ship To Berth In Nigerian Port, CMA CGM Scandola Arrives Lekki Today / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years / Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by OhafiaUdumeze: 11:00pm On Aug 28, 2019
TheAngry1:

I can bet a million bucks you either live in Lagos, Abuja or Kano. Your place detest you so much that you guys live it desolate. Yet, you wish the city that has housed you evil. If you don't like it here, get the fuccck off and go back to Aba or Sapele. Oponu oko ashawo.

First you lack decorum and secondly you lack basic English comprehension, no point helping you to understand... Nevertheless lemme drop this one here.

Ask your Igbo neighbor to help you read and explain my quote first thing TOMORROW MORNING before you brush your ibadan brown zinc looking teeth, then come back here and highlight where I wished Lagos any evil.

I jumped into the matter when you left the comment owner to attack my people, that's the last I can take from anybody. If I wrong you, face me and not my family.

Your hate won't stop me to appreciate good things.

Before I forget, as much as I appreciate what is in Lagos, it has never freaked me for once all my life, I only visit due to necessity.

I pay people to fly from Lag to Abj and Enugu to work for me, am not small or poor.

ProudIgbO
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Kamanuozuzu: 8:40am On Aug 29, 2019
TheAutoReporter:
The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has said that no fewer than 200 vessels now berth in the Warri ports, Delta.

This was made known during a Stakeholders Forum held on Monday at the Warri Ports.

The forum was at the instance of the visiting Chairman, NPA Board of Directors, Mr Emmanuel Adesoye, who was on an on-the-spot assessment tour of the port facilities.

The Managing Director of NPA, Hadiza Usman was represented at the event by Mr Rufai Mohammed.

Usman said the development had boost economic activities in Warri and attributed the feat to President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitment to dredging the escravos channel.

She said the Federal Government was committed to improving economic activities in the ports, adding that more dredging was being carried out to accommodate bigger vessels in the Warri ports.

“Only the regime of President Buhari has embarked on the dredging of the Warri ports,” Usman said.

She, however, appealed to stakeholders including host communities to continue to maintain the existing peace in the area.

Responding, Mr Adesoye, who had earlier toured the NPA facilities said there had been a great improvement in the facilities compared to what he observed in 2016 when he last visited the port.

According to him, the purpose of the visit is to have an on-the-spot assessment of the progress made by the port since November 2016.

“The current challenge is about the issue of dredging the channels in the port, particularly the terminals.

“We are already taking action concerning it. So, there is no problem. No time frame, but we are on it,” Adesoye said.

He also expressed satisfaction at the improved security situation in the waterways, which according to him had led to more vessels berthing at the port.

“The number of ships has increased significantly and revenue has gone up.

“That is what happens when there is unity among stakeholders, management and the communities,” he said.

However, the stakeholders in their presentations, called for more security to enable them to meet the global practice of 24 hours shipping activities as against the current 6:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m system.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/200-ships-now-berth-in-warri-ports-npa.html

No single crane in the said Port. How do they offload cargo from the 200 ships? Nigerians, don't always allow the government to continue to decieve you.

This is what a functional Sea Port looks like below.

By the way, this is Djibouti, a tiny African country.

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by madenigga(m): 11:19am On Aug 29, 2019
bigclem22:
Big big big lies, I am presently inside warri port, there is Notin like dat here. God help this country, the place is like a grave yard shocked shocked shocked cool shocked shocked. Useless people
i am surprised nobody called you IPOB cheesy
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by kayfra: 8:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
Oduduwa descendants are blessed. Up Warri. Up Itshekiri. Up Yoruboid people grin

1 Like

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 10:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
CeterisXVII:

You were the first one to deviate when you started talking about Ogoni clean up and Niger bridge construction.

I have told you that if you have solid proof and documentary evidence to show that 200 ships did not berth in Warri port since beginning of this year, oya post it here....
Oga i leave very close to warri port, even canoe nor near that port not to talk of ship.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
kayfra:
Oduduwa descendants are blessed. Up Warri. Up Itshekiri. Up Yoruboid people grin
Its a lie, there's no fuçking ship in that port. I dey trek go that port almost everyday.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 10:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
CeterisXVII:

No matter what they do, you people will still complain! Haba! Even if the cost is not the same, at least the ports are now operational.

Before all of you were wailing, that only Lagos ports were working, and there was a deliberate attempt to stop other ports from working. Now, that issue has been resolved, you are lamenting about port charges. Na wa, o!
The port is not operational, even canoe nor dey that port.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2019
TheAngry1:
Buhari hates other regions
It is a Fulanization agenda
Democracy is in danger.

This story is a big fat lie. Warri port is still not operational. There's no ship in the port. We have just julius berger n intel bringing ship once in like a yr.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 10:35pm On Aug 29, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Nigeria can lie..

So I doubt this.
And u are right.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
martowskin1:

reason i will respect him if its true.....

am not a zombie that dont know where to draw line..... am not a sentimental idiot
Unfortunately its not true, no single ship for warri port sef
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 10:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
itsme01:

as a shipper once you berth at cortonou and ofload most of your content, going to lagos you charge alittle extra and ofload much content, so any warri or calabar bound cargo would cost you extra because its because of your cargo and few other cargos that its berthing and paying Intels fees

so its not like FG caused that or Lagos made it so
You r not even making sense.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 10:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
jayfolarin:

And we are supposed to believe a total internet stranger? Maybe put a picture of you and that picture of your friend so we can confirm this is not just a 15 year old with mtn data
Nothing for that port jor, i leave close to the port.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by itsme01: 10:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
IamCharles123:

You r not even making sense.

cos you dont know sea route of oceanliner so it must sound weird to you, and i dont speak Dunce peoples language so i cant explain further to you, but like busses and busstops, each stops has different carges
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 10:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
oyatz:
Even with simple explanations and common sense, they ought to know that when moving goods from Europe or America's via the Atlantic ocean, you will first get to Lagos and sailing down to Warri, Port-Harcourt or Calabar will attract extra costs.

This is just like someone in Lagos complaining why the transport fares to Sokoto or Kano is more expensive than to Abuja!

Lagos port doesn't necessary comes first, it depends on where u are delivery ur goods to. To northern Nigeria or west then lagos is preferable but to south n east warri, calabar, ph ports are preferable.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2019
itsme01:

cos you dont know sea route of oceanliner so it must sound weird to you, and i dont speak Dunce peoples language so i cant explain further to you, but like busses and busstops, each stops has different carges
You should probably go n look at the map very well b4 insulting someone, u can't even make good grammar. If any port in the south is working well, why would a sane person who wants his cargo delivered to the south use lagos port.
You are not just thinking straight, that's ur problem.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by itsme01: 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
IamCharles123:

You should probably go n look at the map very well b4 insulting someone, u can't even make good grammar. If any port in the south is working well, why would a sane person who wants his cargo delivered to the south use lagos port.
You are not just thinking straight, that's ur problem.

since you are very naive about this topic, let me educate you. maybe after this , you can understand that you aint even thinking atall not to talk of thinking straight

Atached bellow is a picture of the international shiping route

If you had any brain, you would see for every ship leaving china, they pass north african water to medetaranian sea, across european ports and curve down around morroco till they enter west african sea and ports like ghana first then togo then cotounou and lagos and stop or move further down south bright of benin towards SouthSouth port.. same with ships coming from america first berthing in moroco

If you check an online shipping calculator you would find out that each ports carries more cost with how further the distance they have to travel so its not rocket science why Greedy Southeast traders never use other ports except Cotonou or Lagos even when others are open for service

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by martowskin1(m): 3:51am On Aug 30, 2019
IamCharles123:

Unfortunately its not true, no single ship for warri port sef

So na only propaganda this people sabi.... I no blame them o..

I was even happy sef, say boys for area go don dey see small small hustle
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by oyatz(m): 5:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
Ships sailing from the Western Hemisphere to Nigeria will first reach the Western most port (The ports of Lagos) before reaching the coasts of Ogun, Ondo, Delta, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and finally Cross River States.

Ships that load cargoes for West African Countries first reach the Ports in Senegal, Liberia, Seirra Leone, Ghana, Love (Togo)and Cotonou &Porto Novo (Republic of Benin).
After offloading the Cargoes met for these ports, then
they proceed to Apapa and Tin Can Island ports(Lagos) before continuing their journey eastwards.

IamCharles123:

Lagos port doesn't necessary comes first, it depends on where u are delivery ur goods to. To northern Nigeria or west then lagos is preferable but to south n east warri, calabar, ph ports are preferable.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by CeterisXVII: 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2019
IamCharles123:

The port is not operational, even canoe nor dey that port.
According to you....
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by IamCharles123: 8:43am On Sep 01, 2019
CeterisXVII:

According to you....
You can call anyone you know in warri to confirm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Biafra Can Never Be Defeated And Wiped Away - Soyinka / NASS To Receive List Of Tinubu's Ministerial Nominees Tomorrow / 227 Soldiers Protest Dismissal By 3 Armoured Division

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.