Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,803 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG (22088 Views)

Biggest Ship To Berth In Nigerian Port, CMA CGM Scandola Arrives Lekki Today / First Largest Container Vessel Berth In Onne Port After 12 Years / Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by gibzzhd: 11:22am On Aug 28, 2019
Warri port? 200 ships?
N gullible Nigerians would believe this trash.pls you can do your own findings.I feel for Nigerians who are now fools for buhari govt

1 Like

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by CeterisXVII: 11:45am On Aug 28, 2019
mrvitalis:
Tell us the cost of clearing goods at warri port ,port harcourt port , and calabar port ...lets see if its the same with lagos

They know why they hide this things
No matter what they do, you people will still complain! Haba! Even if the cost is not the same, at least the ports are now operational.

Before all of you were wailing, that only Lagos ports were working, and there was a deliberate attempt to stop other ports from working. Now, that issue has been resolved, you are lamenting about port charges. Na wa, o!

1 Like

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by CeterisXVII: 11:47am On Aug 28, 2019
Nsarug80:
A time will come when the SS region will stop feeding some unproductive & parasitic elements in this country. Let them restructure & see how some people will die of famine. By the time other ports start working maximally, Lagos IGR would be brought to 10k per month.
Stop this lousy propaganda. Onne port has been working for ages, and it is the second highest revenue generating port after Lagos port. Why haven't you used it to import goods into your region? Or is anybody preventing you from doing so?

TheAngry1:
Your prayer is not for the success of your region, it is for the downfall of Lagos. That's why you guys will NEVER prosper. Even when you had a President from your region for 6 years, your people got poorer, and no single infrastructure was added to your region. Hatred kill Una there!

Don't mind the silly clown.....ask him to tell you how much IGR his state has received since Onne port, started operations.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 28, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Lol! Compound lies!! Not only 200 ships, na 200,000!

I have a friend who works there, we even spoke couple of days ago.. Told me no traffic

And we are supposed to believe a total internet stranger? Maybe put a picture of you and that picture of your friend so we can confirm this is not just a 15 year old with mtn data

4 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Pataricatering(f): 12:49pm On Aug 28, 2019
There’s no point - it just will kill him to say - good job , well done !
Davash222:

And your point is
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by SouthSouth1914: 1:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
jayfolarin:

And we are supposed to believe a total internet stranger? Maybe put a picture of you and that picture of your friend so we can confirm thus is not just a 15 year old with mtn data

Lol! But you can confirm the words of the DG without any pictures! Your mumu is everlasting!
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by OhafiaUdumeze: 1:06pm On Aug 28, 2019
TheAngry1:

Your prayer is not for the success of your region, it is for the downfall of Lagos. That's why you guys will NEVER prosper. Even when you had a President from your region for 6 years, your people got poorer, and no single infrastructure was added to your region. Hatred kill Una there!

Your bleeping is not far from your name...by their names, we shall know them.

Who is clearing their goods in that Lagos port?

Are you richer than them aside through your political looting?

Why do you have such a hate in your blood?
How do you even sleep when you go to bed?

Won't you feel happy if there is a development in your area?

ARE YOU SUCH DAFT?

God deliver you.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
TheAutoReporter:
The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has said that no fewer than 200 vessels now berth in the Warri ports, Delta.

This was made known during a Stakeholders Forum held on Monday at the Warri Ports.

The forum was at the instance of the visiting Chairman, NPA Board of Directors, Mr Emmanuel Adesoye, who was on an on-the-spot assessment tour of the port facilities.

The Managing Director of NPA, Hadiza Usman was represented at the event by Mr Rufai Mohammed.

Usman said the development had boost economic activities in Warri and attributed the feat to President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitment to dredging the escravos channel.

She said the Federal Government was committed to improving economic activities in the ports, adding that more dredging was being carried out to accommodate bigger vessels in the Warri ports.

“Only the regime of President Buhari has embarked on the dredging of the Warri ports,” Usman said.

She, however, appealed to stakeholders including host communities to continue to maintain the existing peace in the area.

Responding, Mr Adesoye, who had earlier toured the NPA facilities said there had been a great improvement in the facilities compared to what he observed in 2016 when he last visited the port.

According to him, the purpose of the visit is to have an on-the-spot assessment of the progress made by the port since November 2016.

“The current challenge is about the issue of dredging the channels in the port, particularly the terminals.

“We are already taking action concerning it. So, there is no problem. No time frame, but we are on it,” Adesoye said.

He also expressed satisfaction at the improved security situation in the waterways, which according to him had led to more vessels berthing at the port.

“The number of ships has increased significantly and revenue has gone up.

“That is what happens when there is unity among stakeholders, management and the communities,” he said.

However, the stakeholders in their presentations, called for more security to enable them to meet the global practice of 24 hours shipping activities as against the current 6:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m system.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/200-ships-now-berth-in-warri-ports-npa.html

Bring a real link
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by omoharry(f): 1:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
CeterisXVII:

No matter what they do, you people will still complain! Haba! Even if the cost is not the same, at least the ports are now operational.

Before all of you were wailing, that only Lagos ports were working, and there was a deliberate attempt to stop other ports from working. Now, that issue has been resolved, you are lamenting about port charges. Na wa, o!
So you join believe this lie too..our problem is the ability to take in every garbage politicians throw at us, hook line and sinker without even confirming if it true or not..I am sure you will tell me that Ogoni has been cleaned up and that The second Niger bridge has been built already...I hail APC propaganda technique and I marvel at how gullible you guys are..no wonder you can produce a dull and inefficient man like Buhari to be our president..anyway, there is nothing like that in Warri port.I tire for una ooo!
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by CeterisXVII: 1:28pm On Aug 28, 2019
omoharry:
So you join believe this lie too..our problem is the ability to take in every garbage politicians throw at us, hook line and sinker without even confirming if it true or not..I am sure you will tell me that Ogoni has been cleaned up and that The second Niger bridge has been built already...I hail APC propaganda technique and I marvel at how gullible you guys are..no wonder you can produce a dull and inefficient man like Buhari to be our president..anyway, there is nothing like that in Warri port.I tire for una ooo!
Oga, if it is a lie provide facts and figures, as well as documentary evidence to back up your claims. shocked

Onne port has been operating and generating high revenue for govt. Is that one a lie, too?

Just this week we heard that a vessel carrying passengers and cargo to Cameroun and Gabon sank off the coast of Calabar, after departing from Calabar port. Is that one a lie too?
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by omoharry(f): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
CeterisXVII:

Oga, if it is a lie provide facts and figures, as well as documentary evidence to back up your claims. shocked

Onne port has been operating and generating high revenue for govt. Is that one a lie, too?

Just this week we heard that a vessel carrying passengers and cargo to Cameroun and Gabon sank off the coast of Calabar, after departing from Calabar port. Is that one a lie too?
We are talking about 200 ship that was said to have arrived in Warri port..let us focus on the topic at hand and not deviate.Right now there is noting like that in Warri. Instead of you to counter my claim you are busy telling me about onne port and how another sank off the coast of Calabar..what has that got to do with the 200 ship that they said landed in Warri and that warri port is now in operation.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by CeterisXVII: 1:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
omoharry:
We are talking about 200 ship that was said to have arrived in Warri port..let us focus on the topic at hand and not deviate.Right now there is noting like that in Warri. Instead of you to counter my claim you are busy telling me about onne port and how another sank off the coast of Calabar..what has that got to do with the 200 ship that they said landed in Warri and that warri port is now in operation.
You were the first one to deviate when you started talking about Ogoni clean up and Niger bridge construction.

I have told you that if you have solid proof and documentary evidence to show that 200 ships did not berth in Warri port since beginning of this year, oya post it here....

2 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by mapet: 2:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
SouthSouth1914:
Lol! Compound lies!! Not only 200 ships, na 200,000!

I have a friend who works there, we even spoke couple of days ago.. Told me no traffic

Weed!
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Litmus: 3:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nsarug80:
A time will come when the SS region will stop feeding some unproductive & parasitic elements in this country. Let them restructure & see how some people will die of famine. By the time other ports start working maximally, Lagos IGR would be brought to 10k per month.

Pray for everywhere to work so that people are employed and no one starves.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by polirutgfrk(m): 4:14pm On Aug 28, 2019
“We are already taking action concerning it. So, there is no problem. No time frame, but we are on it,” Adesoye said
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by CioAngels(f): 4:25pm On Aug 28, 2019
TheAutoReporter:
The Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) has said that no fewer than 200 vessels now berth in the Warri ports, Delta.

This was made known during a Stakeholders Forum held on Monday at the Warri Ports.

The forum was at the instance of the visiting Chairman, NPA Board of Directors, Mr Emmanuel Adesoye, who was on an on-the-spot assessment tour of the port facilities.

The Managing Director of NPA, Hadiza Usman was represented at the event by Mr Rufai Mohammed.

Usman said the development had boost economic activities in Warri and attributed the feat to President Muhammadu Buhari’s commitment to dredging the escravos channel.

She said the Federal Government was committed to improving economic activities in the ports, adding that more dredging was being carried out to accommodate bigger vessels in the Warri ports.

“Only the regime of President Buhari has embarked on the dredging of the Warri ports,” Usman said.

She, however, appealed to stakeholders including host communities to continue to maintain the existing peace in the area.

Responding, Mr Adesoye, who had earlier toured the NPA facilities said there had been a great improvement in the facilities compared to what he observed in 2016 when he last visited the port.

According to him, the purpose of the visit is to have an on-the-spot assessment of the progress made by the port since November 2016.

“The current challenge is about the issue of dredging the channels in the port, particularly the terminals.

“We are already taking action concerning it. So, there is no problem. No time frame, but we are on it,” Adesoye said.

He also expressed satisfaction at the improved security situation in the waterways, which according to him had led to more vessels berthing at the port.

“That is what happens when there is unity among stakeholders, management and the communities,” he said.

However, the stakeholders in their presentations, called for more security to enable them to meet the global practice of 24 hours shipping activities as against the current 6:00 a.m to 6:00 p.m system.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/08/200-ships-now-berth-in-warri-ports-npa.html

This is good to hear, hmmm, Hadiza, God bless you very plenty. Strong woman you are and I know very well that more of this happen. Asaba is anxiously waiting for you. I'm not from Asaba by the way. Hadiza, please continue to over the drunken men.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by oyatz(m): 4:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
Different shipping companies and clearing and forwarding agents determine the costs of clearing goods.

Your question is like asking if New-York to MMA,Ikeja tickets should be the same with New-York to Port-Harcourt Intl Airport.

Import or export duties on the particular goods as determined by the Nigerian Custom Service are the same all over Nigeria.

mrvitalis:
Tell us the cost of clearing goods at warri port ,port harcourt port , and calabar port ...lets see if its the same with lagos

They know why they hide this things
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

Lol! But you can confirm the words of the DG without any pictures! Your mumu is everlasting!

The DG has a name, portfolio and a bit of reputation at stake while he dishes out information, who are you that we should just take your word as truth?

2 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by oyatz(m): 4:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
Too many ignorant People on this Forum.

The ports are owned and operated by the Federal Government NOT Lagos State so Lagos doesn't get revenues from the ports's business.

If proper restructuring is done, that will enable Lagos to get shares of the revenues from the ports like the Kings of Lagos used to do in Pre-Colonial Lagos.

Nsarug80:

2 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Ritchiee: 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
TheAutoReporter:

Source:

Thank You GOD. wink
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by mrvitalis(m): 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
oyatz:
Different shipping companies and clearing and forwarding agents determine the costs of clearing goods.

Your question is like asking if New-York to MMA,Ikeja tickets should be the same with New-York to Port-Harcourt Intl Airport.

Import or export duties on the particular goods as determined by the Nigerian Custom Service are the same all over Nigeria.

From my experience the charges are not the same
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Naijboy: 4:50pm On Aug 28, 2019
Simplyleo:
[s][/s]
This should be the next line of wailing I guess.

Even when it is announced (which won't be different from lagos), the next line will be: they should tell us why it is not as busy as lagos.
Talk Talk. Keep on responding to every comment. You go tire.
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by TheAngry1: 4:52pm On Aug 28, 2019
OhafiaUdumeze:

Your bleeping is not far from your name...by their names, we shall know them.

Who is clearing their goods in that Lagos port?

Are you richer than them aside through your political looting?

Why do you have such a hate in your blood?
How do you even sleep when you go to bed?

Won't you feel happy if there is a development in your area?

ARE YOU SUCH DAFT?

God deliver you.

I can bet a million bucks you either live in Lagos, Abuja or Kano. Your place detest you so much that you guys live it desolate. Yet, you wish the city that has housed you evil. If you don't like it here, get the fuccck off and go back to Aba or Sapele. Oponu oko ashawo.

2 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Risingblue008(m): 4:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
How true?
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by oyatz(m): 4:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
That is NOT true sir.

Customs Offices are in Every State and definitely in Warri Ports.

Stop wailing unnecessarily, it's not good for your Health sir

nick50:
..Wats the essence of shipping goods through warrior port when u must go to Lagos to get ur papers signed before coming down to warrior to clear the goods?..tribalism and nepotism are the major problems of this shithole country

2 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by Coolbadguy: 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
na which warri port dem dey talk about, the one when i dey enter every day, na those idiots come do stakeholders meeting when make dem stop the means of transportation to inside the port on Monday, make thunder fire that DG for the useless lies when him dey tell . na so all this useless human beings dem dey go about deceiving Nigerians, na crown flour mill dey make that port dey function if not nothing dey happen there.

1 Like

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by oyatz(m): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
Even with simple explanations and common sense, they ought to know that when moving goods from Europe or America's via the Atlantic ocean, you will first get to Lagos and sailing down to Warri, Port-Harcourt or Calabar will attract extra costs.

This is just like someone in Lagos complaining why the transport fares to Sokoto or Kano is more expensive than to Abuja!

itsme01:

as a shipper once you berth at cortonou and ofload most of your content, going to lagos you charge alittle extra and ofload much content, so any warri or calabar bound cargo would cost you extra because its because of your cargo and few other cargos that its berthing and paying Intels fees

so its not like FG caused that or Lagos made it so

2 Likes

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by oyatz(m): 5:07pm On Aug 28, 2019
The Jonathan administration had concessioned these ports to private sectors.

The management of the concessionaires charge different handling charges just like IEDC, IBEDC, BEDC and EEDC have slightly different charges

chinedu234:

If you do your findings right,you will observe that handling charges are different across various ports. Onne is quite different from tincan and apapa. However the improvement should be acknowledged.

1 Like

Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by SouthSouth1914: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
jayfolarin:

The DG has a name, portfolio and a bit of reputation at stake while he dishes out information, who are you that we should just take your word as truth?

Reputation indeed! And you are the DG’s PA. congrats
Re: 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG by oyatz(m): 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2019
Why exactly do you think the charges should be the same in the first instance?

Custom duties on each item are the same all over Nigeria but Shipping cost, clearing cost ,port user's charges varies from port to Port and these are not determined by Government.

Why is it that the cost of landing from Mecca at Murtalar Muhammed International Airport, Lagos is not the same as the cost in Aminu Kano International Airport?

Why is it that Hospital bills for doing Ceaserean section in LUTH,Idi-Araba, Lagos is not the same in UNTH, Enugu?

Why is it that the cost of securing admission into University of Lagos is different from the cost of securing admission into Ahmadu Bello University?

mrvitalis:

From my experience the charges are not the same

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fatai Buhari Demands Good Reasons For Buhari's Impeachment / Train Attack: Negotiations Stalled As FG Rejects Demand For Commanders Release / Simon Davou Mwadkwon: Tambuwal Stood Up For Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.