Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan (4718 Views)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / Bot Gives Jonathan March Deadline To Reject Sheriff / Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by OmoTier1(m): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2010
Arewa gives deadline to NASS to impeach Jonathan
| Print | E-mail
Written by Kola Oyelere
Monday, 25 October 2010

THE Arewa  Action for Change (ACC) has given the National Assembly a two-week ultimatum to institute a process of impeachment of  President Goodluck Jonathan over his alleged utterance on Abuja bomb blasts, else it will organise a three-million-man march protest in Abuja.

The ACC declared that there was no justice in a situation where the police deployed their men to deal with the current terrorists group of Boko Haram, while the Movement  for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) leaders were hosted in the Presidential Villa, Abuja, with a presidential handshake.

Making the assertion, at the weekend,  at a  press conference jointly addressed by ACC national president,   Mallam Usman Salihu and the national chairman of Arewa Youth Development Foundation, Mr Abubakar Kurawa, it said the impeachment process was overdue.

The group listed the series of atrocities allegedly committed by members of  MEND to include the recent bomb blasts in Abuja during the country’s Independence anniversary; the attack carried out on  Shell-operated Bonga oil well and the two bombs that exploded at Government House, Warri.

The body, however, noted that despite the fact that MEND had claimed responsibility for the bombing, other Nigerians were arrested instead, while President Jonathan still absolved them of culpability.

“We call for the immediate arrest of MEND leaders, including those who were hosted at Aso Rock by President Jonathan 48 hours after the killing , hiding behind solidarity visit.”

“We take exception to President Jonathan’s attempt to treat this issue with kid’s gloves and for making public statements that tend to portray Niger Delta’s MEND as saints,” Kurawa said.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/12574-arewa-gives-deadline-to-nass-to-impeach-jonathan
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Luvties(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2010
I support the motion. grin grin grin
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by jamace(m): 3:11pm On Oct 25, 2010
Ok. I'm watching grin grin
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by debeginin(m): 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2010
Rubbish!All these boko haram don start.If other regions,can they stand d heat?
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by seunmsg(m): 3:32pm On Oct 25, 2010
This ACC must be an association of clowns with the way they go spewing rubbish.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by naso2(m): 3:33pm On Oct 25, 2010
Yeye people grin grin grin
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by OmoTier1(m): 3:49pm On Oct 25, 2010
Funny they are giving deadline, count they count the days in Western Numerals? grin These Boko-Haram Elites shocked
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Nobody: 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2010
Jonathan is a militant not Boko haram.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by chosen04(f): 4:11pm On Oct 25, 2010
Wrong is wrong even if every one is in support of it, and Right will continue to be right even if everyone is against it . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

COS . . . . . . . . . . .

Those i oppose i do not hate, and those support i do not love . . . . . . . . . .JUST STANDING FOR THE TRUTH AT ALL TIMES.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by MaiSuya(m): 4:23pm On Oct 25, 2010
THE Arewa Action for Change (ACC) has given the National Assembly a two-week ultimatum to institute a process of impeachment of President Goodluck Jonathan over his alleged utterance on Abuja bomb blasts, else it will organise a three-million-man march protest in Abuja.

Classic jokers. . . undecided
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 25, 2010
chosen04:

Wrong is wrong even if every one is in support of it, and Right will continue to be right even if everyone is against it . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

COS . . . . . . . . . . .

Those i oppose i do not hate, and those support i do not love . . . . . . . . . .JUST STANDING FOR THE TRUTH AT ALL TIMES.
The only truth I'm expecting from you is to tell me that the Boko harams too have their right to be heard ?
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by udezue(m): 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2010
fooools
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by seanet02: 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2010
Romantic Idiots
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by slap1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 25, 2010
Are they even up to 3 million?
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by chosen04(f): 4:59pm On Oct 25, 2010
~Bluetooth:

The only truth I'm expecting from you is to tell me that the Boko harams too have their right to be heard ?

Do i need to take it from your mouth? LOL

You are absolutely right!!!!!
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by slap1(m): 5:00pm On Oct 25, 2010
What will happen after the three-million-man march?
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by bawomolo(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2010
let them protest now
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by jason12345: 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2010
odes!!! grin grin grin.

they better wait!!! its for their own good!!!
1) if they still want zoning, then the presidency must be zoned to igbos after GJ
2) if they don't want zoning, then they should produce a credible young candidate.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by pobey(m): 7:15pm On Oct 25, 2010
have they impeached the governors that have been protecting islamic militants that are never caught
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by msaalli(m): 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2010
When the late Umaru Yar'Adua was having breakfast with these same MEND guys, and sending policemen to Borno State, where were these clowns?!
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by excanny: 9:23pm On Oct 25, 2010
I think the ACC has a point. Jonathan is being unduely clannish with MEND.

He needs to curtail his partisan attitudes and portray himself as a national figure.

It seems he forgot that he's no longer the governor of Bayelsa state anymore.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by bkbabe97y(m): 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

THE Arewa Action for Change (ACC) has given the National Assembly a two-week ultimatum to institute a process of impeachment of President Goodluck Jonathan over his alleged utterance on Abuja bomb blasts, else it will organise a three-million-man march protest in Abuja.

Three million man march?!!? WTF?!?! Do they got that many folks in the desert or are they thinking of including their Camels in the march?
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by violent(m): 9:50pm On Oct 25, 2010
else it will organise a three-million-man march protest in Abuja

and after that?
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by mensdept: 10:31pm On Oct 25, 2010
Notin

Thats all GEJ should be telling those morons.

Notin go happon.

Enough of those backward folks trying to re-lead us to an early grave
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Fimmy(m): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Three million man march?!!? WTF?!?! Do they got that many folks in the desert or are they thinking of including their Camels in the march?
TAKE OVER NIGERIA FROM GEJ
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by OboBoco(f): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Three million man march?!!? WTF?!?! Do they got that many folks in the desert or are they thinking of including their[b] Camels in the march?[/b]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you took it out of my mouth grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i was thinking about the same thing. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by obyann(f): 11:14am On Oct 26, 2010
Omo_Tier1:

THE Arewa Action for Change (ACC) has given the National Assembly a two-week ultimatum to institute a process of impeachment of President Goodluck Jonathan over his alleged utterance on Abuja bomb blasts, [b]else it will organise a three-million-man march protest in Abuja.[/b]source:http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/12574-arewa-gives-deadline-to-nass-to-impeach-jonathan

we are waiting for your three-million-man match.  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by ubest1(m): 11:14am On Oct 26, 2010
Na wa for mallam so u expect GEJ to leave ex-freedom fighter & start associating himself with terrorist, these aboki's most be joking, even women have been naked & protest no show, so u all can go ahead
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Youngichou(m): 11:15am On Oct 26, 2010
[QUOTE][B]
three million March [/B][/QUOTE]
NA waoo na how the 3million people go come ABUJA NA. this one mean say bus drivers don hammer.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Bishop(m): 11:16am On Oct 26, 2010
@ seanet02 (m)
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan

Romantic  Idiots
grin grin grin

=

decorated monkeys
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by bish2(m): 11:22am On Oct 26, 2010

Those in support of the motion , Say "I"
Those not in support , Say "Nay"
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by jerryuzo(m): 11:27am On Oct 26, 2010
hey,this people are jokers,let them wait and see the outcome of the investigation on the bomb blast before calling the remove of the president.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

. / Is It True Dim Emeka Ojukwu Contested Senate Election And Lost? / Nigeria At 59: To Jubilate Or To Ruminate By Cephas Kadiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.