Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,105 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan (4725 Views)

Buhari To Return 2016 Budget To NASS Over Missing Projects / Bot Gives Jonathan March Deadline To Reject Sheriff / Motion To Impeach Jonathan Is For National Interest – Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by adagz01(m): 11:31am On Oct 26, 2010
I dey vex

if i am given 1day as nigeria's president the first thing i will do is to invent a civil war so that all those nothern morons could have their desert all by their self and see if they could survive as a sovreign nation.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 26, 2010
Where will they march to? Libya?
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by oweniwe(m): 11:46am On Oct 26, 2010
Those people are stupid. Plain stupid. It wasn't jonathan that started the amnesty programme. It was ya'adua. When ya'adua was negotiating with the militants to drop their weapons, why didn't they oppose it then? You get what you agitate for. MEND agitated for development and they are now having presidential handshakes. Boko haram say they don't want education or development. Ok, let them wallow in poverty. That is what they want. As for the bomb blast, shey na for only jonathan regime things like this happen? In gowon time we had civil war, yet they no talk of removing gowon. In shagari time, there were riots in kaduna and kano, they no talk of impeaching shagari. In babangida and abacha time there were numerous riots and civil disturbances, yet they no talk of removing them because they (ibb and abacha are northerners. In obasanjo's time there was a bomb blast in lagos in which thousands lost their lives and the north was celebrating it. In ya'adua's time the jos riot claimed a lot of lives yet the north did not talk of impeaching yaradua. Now coz of a small bomb mishap that claimed a few lives they want to impeach jonathan. Idiots. How do they even expect jonathan to arrest former MEND members who have nothing to do with the abj blast? Idiots
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by bisiaet: 11:52am On Oct 26, 2010
I now realised these so called Northern lack of education is seriously worrying them even those who claimed to be Prof, Dr or whatever I regard them as pure "Educated Illitrate" How heaven could just a portion or a single group of animals who their existence in Nigeria is like a virus could be telling on President that he he should resign immediately they are all sick and mad.

So they have digress to another thing again it is so pathetic that they are already a drown generation. GEJ host millitant is the issue now? but do they remeber Yardua did hosted them before, and on what basis is a president given an ultimatum to resign? And who are they? Who cares about them? Do they put Jonathan there? May you all rotten in hell. I lost my head with this so called cowminded silly things during the Yardua saga this people annoys me day by day because Aso Rock is not and never and will never be Northern property I am so offended in this their do or die stand when it comes to power in Nigeria who are you the so called Arewa or Ayewa? Go and remove him if you can and you come back to tell the South, West and the  East the offence GEJ commited ok. F U C K I N G B A S T A R D S.

Arewa Or Ayewa pls go and remove him if you can, because it was Arewa that placed GEJ there. Nonsense!!!!!.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by manugbo(m): 11:59am On Oct 26, 2010
I think they are ready for war grin
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by manugbo(m): 12:01pm On Oct 26, 2010
AREWAS ARE FOOLS!

WHERE WERE THEY ALL THESE YEARS?
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by MEGABHROS1: 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2010
What a group of retards! Can u imagine liken MEND to Boko Haram? It clearly shows the quality of people we have from that side of the country. MENDS b4 being politicized was known for fighting the course of justice over their natural endowments. Ask the objectives of Boko Harams. I guess it is all about going back to stone age where there wont be anything called civilization. People should learn to make sense in their demands and not just open their mouth wide in the name of freedom of speech. Nonsense!
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by gowaga68: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
i see where a lot of you so called EDUCATED people easily lose you minds and Head when criticizing a group of people.

when talking on a different Issue you bring unrelated issue to back that up. this thread is full of FOOLS.

what has Boko Haram got to do with this seems you dont READ TO UNDERSTAND BUT READ TO CRITICIZE. FOOLS.(am not that ins, but u guys need to be told wat u lack)

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-530249.0.html

Jonathan explains comment on Abuja blasts
News Oct 12, 2010 By Daniel Idonor
ABUJA—BARELY eight days after his comment on the twin bomb blasts in parts of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Abuja, which generated controversies, President Goodluck Jonathan, yesterday, said that he only meant to distance the spirit behind the bombing from the globally acclaimed Niger-Delta struggle.

President Jonathan, while reacting to the bomb attacks, had said: “Let me also use this opportunity to reassure Nigerians that what happened yesterday (October 1) had nothing, I have to repeat, had nothing to do with the Niger Delta. People just used the name of MEND to camouflage criminality and terrorism.”

He said the online “release purported to have been issued by MEND attributing the blasts to the lack of attention to the Niger Delta, is not tenable because this is the first time that somebody from the Niger Delta has the opportunity to even be the President of this country for about four months, so whatever your grievances is and you have your own here, you should have some hope. Good things do not happen overnight.”

No sooner than the President bared his mind on the bombing that Nigerians especially politicians began interpreting his comment with many expressing the view that the statement was rather too hasty as investigations were on.

But making a clarification on the controversial statement, while receiving the Northern Political Summit, G-20, during a solidarity visit to Aso Rock, Jonathan explained that it was regrettable that politicians hijacked the comment to score cheap political goal, in a much more sensitive issue such as terrorist attack.

Jonathan said: “After the incident, I spoke the following day when the ECOWAS parliament had programme and the day I visited the hospital. I believe as a nation whether you are a member of MEND or not, is not the issue.

” What I am saying is that don’t cover it up by using the name of Niger Delta or MEND. That is what I said. As at that time, they have arrested some people, some from Niger Delta some not. If we continue to do that, it will get to the time that it will travel far. From Benin to Port Harcourt and now to Abuja, it will also go to Maiduguri the next day. I believe that we must unearth those who are involved.”

The President who said that “those who bombed Nigeria on that day are more demonic than Lucifer,” adding that “those of us who are Christians, believe that there is a demon called Lucifer.

“On the issue of the October bomb blasts, I want to thank you for your encouraging statement and commitment. I know the role you have been playing to explain things to people so that people will not play politics with things that are of serious national interest”.

Jonathan who would not want to comment further on the incident said: “I did not want to comment just as you advised because if you make comment, people will then want to play politics with it. So, I have allowed the security agencies to continue with their work. At the end of the day, we will surely unearth those who are behind this.”

“And I always explain to people that look this car bombs first of all happened in Benin, Edo State, somebody even died and another in Bayelsa State, nobody made an investigation but they said it was Niger Delta crisis. It was buried under MEND, under Niger Delta crisis. Again, another one in Port Harcourt, luckily no body died in the Port Harcourt incident but it was buried”.

“Not too long ago, Vanguard Newspaper was organizing a programme in Warri, another one happened when governors and senior citizens of this country were meeting, nobody ordered an investigation and it was also buried, nobody was arrested. Then now in Abuja on the October 1, they said MEND again, I said no, we cannot continue to burry this under Niger Delta crisis or MEND. That is the sin I have committed”.

Earlier, the Senator Ibrahim Idah who was nominated by the leader of the delegation and former Governor of Plateau State, Chief Solomon Lar, to speak on behalf of the G_20, dismissed the call on President Goodluck Jonathan to resign by the leader of the Northern Political Leaders Forum (NPLF), Mallam Ciroma, saying that the is not only provocative but also a calculated attempt to install anarchy in the polity.

“To our compatriots in the Northern Political Leaders Forum, we urge for a return to the path of peaceful dialogue in the resolution of our national problems. The recent resort to threats and intimidating pronouncements can only generate further heat instead of the essential light for us to see the way forward. Given their tested maturity and noble character, Nigerians expect these leaders to rise above sectional politics and proceed to promote the blessings of national unity and the security of social justice”, he said.

The group maintained that “given the serious nature of the tragic event, we denounce, in the strongest term, attempts being made by some political leaders to politicize this matter. This is outrageous in the extreme.

Matters of national security should not be politicized, for whatever political reasons”.
According to him, “most Nigerians are also outraged by new language of threats and unwarranted intimidations and ultimatums coming from leaders of Northern Political Forum. We thought leaders should do their best to find lasting solutions to national problems instead of the deliberate attempts being made to provoke further confusion and crises”.

“This has become necessary because of certain provocative statements that have tended to escalate the already tense situation in our dear country. We appeal for calm! As patriotic citizens, we must conduct our public affairs on the high plane of dignity, discipline and decorum. Surely, it is far better to work together to move Nigeria away from the quicksand of ethnicity to the solid rock of national integration, based on justice, social harmony and national security”.

Senator Idah pointed out that “most Nigerians would agree that the matter before us go far beyond the dictates of partisan politics” and “therefore appeal to all Nigerians, and especially our colleagues in politics, that we must not politicize matters that threaten the very foundations of our nation”, stressing that “in times like this we have to move to higher realms of what is best for Nigeria. This is the hour for statesmen and women who are determine to build rather than destroy”.

The group however urged Federal authorities and our security Agencies to do their best by ensuring that a thorough and transparent investigation is carried to reveal all those involved in this dastardly act of terror, saying that “the process of investigations must be kept purely professional, devoid of politics; and indeed we fell moved to appeal to all our leaders to resolve to observe a period of moratorium on press comments on these sensitive matters until the investigations are completed”.

Rioters burn police station in Borno i cout from a post here cos he know whats up on Boko haram issue.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-530337.0.html

Re: Rioters Burn Police Station In Northern Nigeria
« #19 on: October 12, 2010, 03:11 PM »

The late leader of Boka Haram did admit that his sponsor was a leading member of the state govt. Can't remember the state now. After the running gun battle he and his followers had with the military force, he was eventually captured and handed to the state police. The state govenor promised to set up an inquiry into the fracas but alas this was not to be as the leader of the group was subsequently shot dead by the state police before he had time to inform us, who his backers (in high govt posts) were. So, we are back to square one again.

Kokoro ton je efo, ini efo lowo- the ant devouring the vegetable, resides within the veg.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by bisiaet: 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2010
What a group of retards! Can u imagine liken MEND to Boko Haram? It clearly shows the quality of people we have from that side of the country. MENDS b4 being politicized was known for fighting the course of justice over their natural endowments. Ask the objectives of Boko Harams. I guess it is all about going back to stone age where there wont be anything called civilization. People should learn to make sense in their demands and not just open their mouth wide in the name of freedom of speech. Nonsense

God bless you

This is why I called them "Fools, a Retarded Drown Generation who does not even know where they belong". Let them go out for war if that is what they are ranting about we are all waiting for them. Bloody Virus
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by nuhu69: 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2010
angry i support with full hearted,, all mend are not in surport my acc pple. THY SHOULD WAIT 7 SEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. BAGARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by puppy: 1:12pm On Oct 26, 2010
My people fools go always be fools abeg make una tell me one betta thing wey those foolish arewa peope abi na yarewa people as them call themselves don do before those people think at all sef ? una dey waste una time to dey listen to them sef , Them say them wan march? Them reach 3 million sef ? Abi them dey count camels and goats join themselves, as for me he go Betta make them march themselves comot for Nigeria march enter inside desert make we hear word useless bunch of people
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by 2sd(m): 1:27pm On Oct 26, 2010
Munmun people! no mind them. Wetin dem think say them be? People wey no fit boast of one single follower let alone of 3 million people or na Almajiris dem go carry to march? na only Almajiris dem fit control no be Educated people and Almajiris no fit do peaceful protest. Impossible!
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by lordvamon(m): 2:04pm On Oct 26, 2010
ndi ara
me bad man have notime for such.there will be no peace in naija unless the islams are separated from we.look around you islam is a brother to unrest,terrorism,conflict whatever, ha ha ha.fooooooooooooooooools they are , all of them.
TUFIAKWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by HamidO1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2010
lord vamon:

ndi ara
me bad man have notime for such.there will be no peace in naija unless the islams are separated from we.look around you islam is a brother to unrest,terrorism,conflict whatever, ha ha ha.fooooooooooooooooools they are , all of them.
TUFIAKWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are talking of Arewa not islam my guy. Christian brothers dey north under the same Arewa Consultative Forum if you no know.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by OCCULTIST(m): 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2010
The should start the 140 million match immediately what are they waiting for?
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Kay17: 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
The MEND surprisingly have a free hand to commit any sort of atrocity, they wish and still  shake hands with the president! They are goddamn allahdamn lucky! Whereas the Boko Haram are just too poor, unlucky and not affiliated the president's  tribal group.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by JimmyBoy1: 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2010
This is an half-truth, it was Late President Umara Yaradua that started hosting MEND, and they have always commended him for his ingenuity in offering amnesty to MEND. We must concede that government does not have choice than to manage these guys, because our oil production has dropped to 350,000bpd  at the peak of the crisis and all millitary adventure seem to have failed to to curb the rate of kidnaps and attack on oil platforms.

So turning round 360degrees  to falsely accuse GEJ for partiality is quite wicked, but we know this people do not have any conscience going by the spate of politically motivated murders and kidnaps in the country.

We lack genuine statesmen in this country, I will advise all nairalanders to see the movie called "Invictus"then we we have a good idea who is a true statesman.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Whizkiddon(m): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2010
Useless Arewa grp. Seems Ibb nd Co hav. Bribed u guys. Rubish.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by noru: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2010
A-b-o-k-i shocked
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by lookwonder: 4:29pm On Oct 26, 2010
a classic example of a joke that is very sour. GEJ would do well to ignore them.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Ayowumie(m): 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2010
This is the first time i am hearing of this ACC. Anyway, it is a political opportunist group. What else can you expect from a group that stands for nothing. Definitely such group would fall for anything and everything. I guess, it is a group full of miscreants.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by MEGABHROS1: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2010
@ KAY 1,
Pls do note that the killing of Boko Haram morons didnt just start now. July last year when they struck, I guess Yar'dua was the president and not GEJ. Also note that the sect leader had been taken on several occassions to Abuja for interrogations  b4 he finally met his waterloo. Also ask the real and reasonable moslem in the north,most especially north east, they will tell you that these sects are nothing but a group of jobless morons. To me they could be liken to Metasinin sect in Kano in the early '80s. They were totally wiped out by the federal govt due to their excesses.It would shock you  to discover that a good number of Boko Haram sect are not Nigerians. Pls let learn to argue constructively and also with facts.

@ All,

I guess the problem of this Nation is lack of nationalistic leaders. Our leaders are biased along ethnicity, religion etc.  The AREWA are crying foul now because they lost the grip of the centre. It would interest us to know that they held this centre for 38 out of 50 years of Nigeria existence as a nation. If I were they, I would allow others to try and spare myself all these blaims. Let Ibo man , Itsekri , Edo etc try and let all share the blame. Im not particularly happy with the way every1 is pointing accussing fingers at the north for the majority of problems confronting the nation, while others are seen as being perfect. We have seen the results of Northern's 38yrs inputs out of 50yrs. Hunger, kidnapping, robbery, CORRUPTION, coups and counter coups etc , are some of what the northern reign gave to us. Let wait and see what come out of the south, then we can apportion the blames in the rightful proportions. Northerners should just go and rest while they watch others dong it as well. This life, na turn by turn.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2010
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by uyakachi(m): 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2010
ok then,,,,,,,,,, i see **now i know what **************?
they want their three million man to die in another b*****b blast *** good for them
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Abuloma80(f): 7:53pm On Oct 26, 2010
@excanny
He needs to curtail his partisan attitudes and portray himself as a national figure.

Thats whats expected of a leader! Can he do it?!! We are watching in the very limited time left!!!
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by opabukun(m): 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2010
sonofabitch
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by daroz(m): 10:21pm On Oct 26, 2010
since Jonathan will not resign, they should cut off from nigeria and form their own country, by then they will have only northen presidents to themselves for ever. BOUNCH of GREEDY FOOLS
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Specialist900(m): 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2010
topic,
rubbish talk, they can do nothing
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Pafuri(m): 11:22pm On Oct 26, 2010
Let me get this right, are we now to believe that BOKO HARRAM is a wing of the various Arewa organizations? If this is so, then certainly they deserve an equal opportunity to shake hands with the President. grin grin grin What have they been smoking, these Dan Iskas?.
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by revolt(m): 7:04am On Oct 27, 2010
Let's stop being bigots n say the truth. Gej is playing partisan politics. Mend says I'm responsible for abj bombs. He hosts them and denys for them
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 27, 2010
Why didnt the same so called AREWA's do the same thing when their walking corpse's [Yaradua] unknown condition shook throughout the nation?

mtchewwwwwwww
Re: Arewa Gives Deadline To Nass To Impeach Jonathan by paulex: 7:47am On Oct 27, 2010
nonsense idea! Ok, tel me: Wetin boko dey fight 4? Arewa must b a daft. Wen ya'radua wz negociatin wit mend, where wz arewa? To wat end wil dis crafty foolishness land him? Óswör,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Has Governor Peter Obi Gone Berserk? / JUST IN! Buhari Appoints Chief Of Staff (UPDATED) / Would You Rock This Dead Baby Crocodile Shoes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.