Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,926 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. (5718 Views)

Why Male Birds Are More Beautiful Than Female Birds / Have You Seen A More Beautiful Handwriting ? / Covenant University Installs Cameras In Classrooms (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 4:31pm On Aug 28, 2019
I have been wondering for some time now,
The simple mirror make someone more beautiful than a camera,
Besides which is the real beauty of an individual is it the mirror or the camera.?

Share your observation and possible reasons
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by kajoula(m): 4:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
Mrshape:
Besides which is the real beauty of an individual is it the more or the camera.?

Because beauty is in the eye of the beholder

3 Likes

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by dangermouse(m): 4:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
Next time stand before a mirror and take your selfie from your reflections on the mirror.
.case closed grin sad

10 Likes

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 5:10pm On Aug 28, 2019
kajoula:

Because beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Now when the beholder has two different perspective.
Which is now real beauty?

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 5:13pm On Aug 28, 2019
dangermouse:
Next time stand before a mirror and take your selfie from your reflections on the mirror.
.case closed grin sad
That looks so feminine.
Reason am now.
A guy come day snap picture from mirror.
E get one name make them go call am o.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by falcon01: 6:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
because it has A very High Megapixel
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
falcon01:
because it has A very High Megapixel
The mirror has a high mega pixel
Really?
I didn't know of that o

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Martinez39(m): 7:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
Mrshape:
Besides which is the real beauty of an individual is it the more or the camera.?

Lol. I observed the same thing too. My situation is similar to yours.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Divay22(f): 7:49pm On Aug 28, 2019
I believe looking at the mirror has its own spark.
You smile all you want, you kinda see what you look like inside and the mirror helps see it facially.
They're just so many things or how good you'll feel about yourself in front of the mirror than the camera.
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 8:45pm On Aug 28, 2019
Martinez39:
Lol. I observed the same thing too. My situation is similar to yours.
I am not alone them.
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2019
Divay22:
You smile all you want, you kinda see what you look like inside and the mirror helps see it facially.
They're just so many things or how good you'll feel about yourself in front of the mirror than the camera.
Nice points u made,
But if I am to go by does point a selfie should be same as a mirror because everything in terms of ecstatic arrangement you can do with the mirror you can also do with the selfie.

But the reality is the mirror image is still more beautiful than the selfie

What can you say about that?
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by HaryoBamex(m): 8:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
It cos you're more used to the image on the mirror than the camera.
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by KennedyOkpara(m): 9:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
It because the images of a phone are heavily distorted creating features such as larger nose and smaller ears. Next time you take a picture flipping it by the side would make things better.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by trueking: 9:17pm On Aug 28, 2019
I think you need to get a phone with a better camera.
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 9:19pm On Aug 28, 2019
KennedyOkpara:
It because the images of a phone are heavily distorted creating features such as larger nose and smaller ears. Next time you take a picture flipping it by the side would make things better.
Meaning that the image of the phone is not the real image of the individual?
So the beautiful image I see on the mirror is my real image?
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by actoor(m): 9:22pm On Aug 28, 2019
Divay22:

Be honest,
Did you understand what you've typed up there?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 9:23pm On Aug 28, 2019
trueking:
I think you need to get a phone with a better camera.
Ok.
It seems you don't experience the disparate.
Is your phone camera image and mirror image same?
Or your phone image is better?.

That will help us to know if the discrepancy is entirely the fault of a bad camera
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Damsonkc(m): 9:31pm On Aug 28, 2019
Lol. From the point of view of a professional filmmaker, I will explain better. The mirror is not the true reflection of how we look. The mirror flips the image. Your right is your left. Stand in the front of the mirror, hold a cup and see if the mirror shows you the right hand or not. You don’t look uglier in photos, you simply look different from the false image your mirror has shown you all your life. It is what you think you look like but that is not what others see. What they see is actually the image in the photo. Believe me, you still look beautiful. Angles in photos can distort your real look.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by trueking: 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2019
Mrshape:

Ok.
It seems you don't experience the disparate.
Is your phone camera image and mirror image same?
Or your phone image is better?.

That will help us to know if the discrepancy is entirely the fault of a bad camera

Th higher the MP, the closer it gets to looking like a mirror, also use a display of 400 ppi and above.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
Damsonkc:
Lol. From the point of view of a professional filmmaker, I will explain better. The mirror is not the true reflection of how we look. The mirror flips the image. Your right is your left. Stand in the front of the mirror, hold a cup and see if the mirror shows you the right hand or not. You don’t look uglier in photos, you simply look different from the false image your mirror has shown you all your life. It is what you think you look like but that is not what others see. What they see is actually the image in the photo. Believe me, you still look beautiful. Angles in photos can distort your real look.
Nice one
*meaning our look is psychological with relation the pattern we have made over the years in our mind hmm.

*and the camera image is our real image hmm.

Note by

Your first statement is called in physics lateral inversion, that's one property of a plane mirror

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Biritiko: 9:40pm On Aug 28, 2019
Arindin
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 9:47pm On Aug 28, 2019
trueking:

Th higher the MP, the closer it gets to looking like a mirror, also use a display of 400 ppi and above.
Meaning the more the megapixel the more it gives us our fake image,
because an explanation from @Damsonke
Convince us that the image from the mirror isn't actually how we look.
Hmmm.
Is it supposed to be that way?
Isn't the higher the megapixel the more it suppose brings us to reality?

From you assertion

*The reality is the mirror the higher the megapixel the more it comes to reality.

*that means the mirror is the real image

We now have two different points of view now.

@Domsonke what can you say about this?
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by falcon01: 9:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
Mrshape:

The mirror has a high mega pixel
Really?
I didn't know of that o
no mind me ooo
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Donexy16(m): 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2019
Mirrors are more bigger, brighter, sharper and render more realistic imagery compared to any camera out. The images taken with cameras are usually color-enhanced and thus, less realistic. That's why some people can appear more photogenic on pictures than they really are.
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 10:05pm On Aug 28, 2019
falcon01:
no mind me ooo
No problem.
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 10:07pm On Aug 28, 2019
Donexy16:
Mirrors are more bigger, brighter, sharper and render more realistic imagery compared to any camera out. The images taken with cameras are usually color-enhanced and thus, less realistic. That's why some people can appear more photogenic on pictures than they really are.
Nice point.
*Meaning the actual image of an individual is the image in the mirror

I am learning......
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by echibuogwu(m): 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
Guy u are not photogenic. Nothing else.
Mrshape:

Nice point.
*Meaning the actual image of an individual is the image in the mirror

I am learning......

Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 10:37pm On Aug 28, 2019
echibuogwu:
Guy u are not photogenic. Nothing else.
Really?
Thank for letting me know photogenic is to camera just as ..............is to mirror.
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by EmmySparky(m): 10:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
Op go to any river close to u... U would look like trey songs in it
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by abumeinben(m): 10:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Mrshape:
Besides which is the real beauty of an individual is it the mirror or the camera.?

Are you using tekno p5? grin
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by Mrshape: 11:02pm On Aug 28, 2019
abumeinben:

Are you using tekno p5? grin
No not tekno
infinix
Re: Why Do I Look More Beautiful In The Mirror Than At The Cameras. by DaddyMorenike: 11:27pm On Aug 28, 2019
It's simple. It's cos you're not photogenic.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Met Two pretty Intelligent Guys Who Deliberately Dropped Out Of University / Photo:what Does It Mean When Calculator Write This? / Have You Tried The New OAU Transcript Application Procedure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.