Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,823 members, 7,813,706 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World (42480 Views)

BMW X6 AC Not Working Fixed / Lagos Hustle!!! Look At How These Guys Washed A Moving Car In Lagos Traffic. / 19-Year-Old Girl Flaunts Her Third Car In Two Years (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Automotive1(m): 4:51pm On Aug 28, 2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5h8bbmHOFVI

German automaker BMW has unveiled a one-off X6 SUV that is coated in the "world's blackest black" finish. The exclusive show car, named the BMW VBX6 Vantablack, is the result of a collaboration between BMW and the Surrey NanoSystems.

Vantablack inventor and founder of Surrey NanoSystems, Ben Jensen, who rejected previous approaches from automakers interested in using the finish, says that the BMW X6 is the first and only vehicle in the world to feature a Vantablack VBx2 paint finish.

“To be honest, we received inquiries from most of the big-name automotive manufacturers, almost from the day we launched the original material in 2014, but we’d always said no. This was also due to the fact that we only had a suitable material once we came up with VBx2.”

“When we were approached by BMW, we were still quite hesitant to begin with. But the new X6 looked so incredibly different that it just felt like a really good fit.”

“It took the BMW X6 and its unique, expressive design for us to entertain the idea.”

Vantablack's ability to absorb 99% of light that hits it causes the human eye to perceive Vantablack as either two-dimensional or like a hole in the universe.

The one-off BMW VBX6 Vantablack will be officially unveiled next month during the Frankfurt Auto Show.

The third-generation of the model which the one-off BMW VBX6 Vantablack is based on will arrive in showrooms in November. Prices start at $65,290 for an sDrive40i, $67,595 for the xDrive40i, and $86,465 for the M50i (all prices excludes the cost of shipping and and clearing in Nigeria).

https://autojosh.com/this-one-off-bmw-x6-in-vantablack-finish-is-the-darkest-car-in-the-world/

6 Likes

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by ThinkWISELY(m): 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
FTC for the100th time grin

Why is nobody talking about the ship that capsized between the Nigerian and cameroonian border axis days ago where billions of Naira welas lost and lot of Nigerians lost their lives and people still missing!! angry

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by AlomoReloaded: 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
The car is as black as buhari's heart undecided undecided undecided

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Mutemenot(m): 6:53pm On Aug 28, 2019
tongue

1 Like

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by IDnoble1: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Hope it could easily be sighted by oncoming vehicles when parked by the road side at night

8 Likes

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Glycosunde: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
BMW is just advertising d color of the heart of Nigeria politicians. But I bet some Nigeria politicians heart is still darker than this

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by RayJr: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by mmadu4: 6:54pm On Aug 28, 2019
unattractive is one word for it
Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by tomiwiyu: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
Dash me
Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by betterpikinn: 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
hmnn

dazal.
Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Emescot(m): 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
Yahoo Bois be waiting for Benz to unveil something like this too grin
Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by sevunteen(m): 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
Awesome
Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Topmaike007(m): 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
BMW na my dream car.... People go just discourage themselves no be me say BMW no get mechanic...

I will still get X5 for myself

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
ok Will it be free for black pple? tongue

1 Like

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by PureGoldh(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
Chaii
Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by psycoanalyst(f): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
Black Cat,love it, can't have it!

1 Like

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Topmaike007(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
Emescot:
I prefer BMW to Benz

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by mayormick(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
Wow.....see as interior make sense. The way I like room to be, no rays of sun at all

2 Likes

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Rasbel(m): 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
How will someone park this one outside at night laidis

1 Like

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
Emescot:

those ones cant buy anything recent

poor boys

na broke people dey envy them

3 Likes

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Abbeyme: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
Too dark for my liking
Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by neweraomo: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2019
I will buy one inshaAllah
Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Topmaike007(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2019
Kalixx:

ok Will it be free for black pple? tongue
at least there will be discount for black people

3 Likes

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by Topmaike007(m): 6:57pm On Aug 28, 2019
neweraomo:
Amen and me too

4 Likes 2 Shares

IDnoble1:
Hope it could easily be sighted by oncoming vehicles when parked by the road side at night
gbèsè �

1 Like

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by IdioticNLmods: 6:58pm On Aug 28, 2019
Person fit walk onto this one for street in the night cheesy

1 Like

Re: This One-off BMW X6 In Vantablack Finish Is The Darkest Car In The World by sonnie10: 6:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
neweraomo:
No doubt. Aren’t you one of the decedents of the custodian of our oil money again?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw" Some Outstanding Cars Used In The Movie / Top 5 Countries Nigerians Import Cars From / Nigeria Made Vehicles To Be Ready Soon, Nigerians Can Buy, Pay In 5-Year Plan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.