Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) (29374 Views)

Man Dumps Concubine’s Body Inside Bush, Claims She Died After Sex / 'Oh Dollar Was A Yahoo Boy': Police Arrest Killers Of Juliana Imaga, OOU Student / Missing OOU Student 'Oh Dollar' And Girlfriend Found Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by HimName: 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
lailo:
similar thing happened way back in same institution that made d students burned down d king's palace.A lot of students anyway died in d reprisal attack by indigenes.Kudos to the police

June 16, 2004.

A witness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by kaffyadeakeem(f): 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
HimName:
So dos people no still learn after the June 16, 2004 crises.

One incident too many.
In my final then

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by kaffyadeakeem(f): 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2019
HimName:

One incident too many

In my final then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by Awesomefred32(m): 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2019
hunter turn bush meat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 29, 2019
What kind of cursed evil criminals are these?? This is getting out of hand... You kill young blood old enough to be your son?? ?? Kai!! This is giving me some scalding pain now..

So, what are you waiting for?? Execute them.. They are not fit to live among humans and fathers...
Wahala wa ni country yi oo!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by Emmasteev(m): 6:11pm On Aug 29, 2019
Someone Fathers, I Weep For Them
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by abbey621(m): 6:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
HimName:

June 16, 2004.

A witness.

Greatest Gbo Gbo, I lived beside the palace then, was at the forefront of it all....Rgretted not leaving the night before....Worst 2 days of my life....Thank God for sparing me!

1 Like

Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by HimName: 7:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
abbey621:

Greatest Gbo Gbo, I lived beside the palace then, was at the forefront of it all....Rgretted not leaving the night before....Worst 2 days of my life....Thank God for sparing me!

Of the greatest gba gba!

The memory of this sad event still lingers. It was a horrible one.

I lived close to the garage (Ago garage) . I was at the garage with some other students chanting when the vigilantes, well kitted with charms and guns were heading speedily towards our direction.

Every single living soul ran different ways within a blink. It wasn't funny. I had to call my sis who was at P. S at that hour to remain there pending positive update to return to town though, they were later ferried to mini campus at around 7pm.

My family got the news via an international TV station (CNN or...) even before our local stations could get some reportage about the happenings.

While many student slept in mini campus, I and some hall mates decided to remain, haven been assured of our safety by our landlady.

A lot of ladies were sexually harassed and manhandled at the wee hours of the night. We could hear sounds of plea which only lasted for minutes. What happened after could not be ascertained.

Mobile networks jammed ( i think the traffic was super high). I was able to get through 112. My complaint wasn't new to the lady who responded as many have already reported the situation in Ago-iwoye. Feedback from her was that the DPO of Ago-iwoye has been signaled.

The night was the longest. Morning delayed its arrival - the sun slept deeper.

Finally, morning arrived. The then SUG president instructed students to go pick a thing or two and hurry back to mini campus as the host community could no longer assure students of their safety.

Army and police passonel were well deployed to help student off the community.

From mini - campus to Itamerin to oru - junction then to almost half way to ijebu-ode we journeyed on foot even while the rain kept threatening to pour plentifully.

The morning was cold and well laddened with fear, hunger, anger and tears as we watched fellow student collapsed out of stress. They were revived though, some were placed on the top boot of a slowly moving vehicle while others were aided by fellow students.

Subsequent updates from local news outlets gave alarming figures of the unlucky ones who couldn't make it.

May their soul keep resting well.

June 16, 2004 - A day I will forever reject its kind.

1 Like

Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by abbey621(m): 7:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
HimName:

Of the greatest gba gba!

The memory of this sad event still lingers. It was a horrible one.

I lived close to the garage (Ago garage) . I was at the garage with some other students chanting when the vigilantes, well kitted with charms and guns were heading speedily towards our direction.

Every single living soul ran different ways within a blink. It wasn't funny. I had to call my sis who was at P. S at that hour to remain there pending positive update to return to town though, they were later ferried to mini campus at around 7pm.

My family got the news via an international TV station (CNN or...) even before our local stations could get some reportage about the happenings.

While many student slept at mini campus, I and some hall mates decided to remain, haven been assured of our safety by our landlady.

A lot of ladies were sexually harassed and manhandled at the wee hours of the night. We could hear sounds of plea which only lasted for minutes. What happened after could not be ascertained.

Mobile networks jammed ( i think the traffic was super high). I was able to get through 112. My complaint wasn't new to the lady who responded as many have already reported the situation in Ago-iwoye. Feedback from her was that the DPO of Ago-iwoye has been signaled.

The night was the longest. Morning delayed its arrival - the sun slept deeper.

Finally, morning arrived. The then SUG president instructed students to go pick a thing or two and hurry back to mini campus as the host community could no longer assure students of their safety.

Army and police passonel were well deployed to help student off the community.

From mini - campus to Itamerin to oru - junction then to almost half way to ijebu-ode we journeyed on foot.

The morning was cold and well laddened with fear, hunger, anger and tears as we watch fellow student collapsed out of stress. They were revived though, some were placed on the top boot of a slowly moving vehicle while others were aided by fellow students.

Subsequent updates from local news outlets gave figures of the unlucky ones who couldn't make it.

May their soul keep resting well.

June 16, 2004 - A day I will forever reject it kind.

Very similar situation....My offsprings will never attend university in Nigeria by God's grace!
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by Risingblue008(m): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
Dis vigilantee pple ehh,dier botanical name na intimate
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by easytalking23(m): 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
old and senseless
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by OMOTOWO(m): 10:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
lailo:
similar thing happened way back in same institution that made d students burned down d king's palace.A lot of students anyway died in d reprisal attack by indigenes.Kudos to the police

I remember back then sa.
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by OMOTOWO(m): 10:54pm On Aug 29, 2019
HimName:

this is in ijebu igbo.that one happened in ago iwoye
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by OMOTOWO(m): 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
abbey621:

So, you are part of the people that razed down my king palace.. We will soon fish you out. I have been looking for you..

It was a serious chaos then. I was coming from Abeokuta that evening. Thank God I can speak ijebu fluently. They thought I was an OSUITE but I was able to convince them that I am an indigene of the town. Those guys were ready to kill me then because they were looking out for every non-indigene students .

Advantage of ability to speak your dialect oo.

In some months again, tuyo issue came up again.

Ago iwoye then sa
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by abbey621(m): 12:52am On Aug 30, 2019
OMOTOWO:

So, you are part of the people that razed down my king palace.. We will soon fish you out. I have been looking for you..

It was a serious chaos then. I was coming from Abeokuta that evening. Thank God I can speak ijebu fluently. They thought I was an OSUITE but I was able to convince them that I am an indigene of the town. Those guys were ready to kill me then because they were looking out for every non-indigene students .

Advantage of ability to speak your dialect oo.

In some months again, tuyo issue came up again.

Ago iwoye then sa

That bastard king jumped he fence we thought we had won, omo we didn't know what was going on, looking back at it now na only God saved me that day. Things were never the same again after that and that was just 200 level....lol.
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by OMOTOWO(m): 1:26am On Aug 30, 2019
abbey621:

That bastard king jumped he fence we thought we had won, omo we didn't know what was going on, looking back at it now na only God saved me that day. Things were never the same again after that and that was just 200 level....lol.
Things were never the same as how?
I learnt the king pulled out a gun
Na true?
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by abbey621(m): 2:08am On Aug 30, 2019
OMOTOWO:

Things were never the same as how?
I learnt the king pulled out a gun
Na true?

Yes o, one student was killed right in front of the palace, that's what escalated the whole saga. Things were never the same again o, school was shut down for like 6 months or more, it took almost a year later before students started trusting indigenes and even then Bele, Bebe, Aso Rock all felt meh, students were always on-guard, any gbos, we scatter grin grin grin
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by OMOTOWO(m): 9:52am On Aug 30, 2019
abbey621:

Yes o, one student was killed right in front of the palace, that's what escalated the whole saga. Things were never the same again o, school was shut down for like 6 months or more, it took almost a year later before students started trusting indigenes and even then Bele, Bebe, Aso Rock all felt meh, students were always on-guard, any gbos, we scatter grin grin grin
i am an indigene .hope u trust me now
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by abbey621(m): 3:35pm On Aug 30, 2019
OMOTOWO:
i am an indigene .hope u trust me now

Sure but still my offsprings will never school anywhere near Ago Iwoye grin grin grin
Re: Vigilantes Rob Hostel, kill OOU Student, Dump His Body Inside River (Photo) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
These three old men robbed a hotel? I'm not saying it's impossible, but I always treat anything that comes from the Nigerian Police Farce with doubt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suspected Killer Of A Man Apprehended & Tied With Rope By Vigilante In Enugu(pix / Man Climbs Kano Radio Transmission Mast In A Suicide Attemp (photos) / 9-Year-Old Boy Chained By Stepmother & Father In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.