Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,419 members, 7,954,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile (3917 Views)

Remo Omokri: North And SW Are The Only Places You Can Campaign Openly And Freely / Adamu Garba: Tinubu Was Betrayed By Osinbajo And SW Govs Not Buhari / PDP Presidential Primary: Oyo And SW Delegates Will Vote For Wike - Seyi Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 8:15pm On Aug 28, 2019
This thread is created to debunk the misinformation about the IGR and debt profile of the SE and SW. I will center this thread toward the comparison between the SW (Excluding Lagos) and the SE based on debt profile and IGR.

The news was currently on front page showing that the SW states owes far more debt than the SE states and also some are saying that the SE states generates more IGR than the SW (excluding Lagos).

I am playing on the National Bureau of Statistics Website and I pull the below data from their portal for SE and SW (excluding Lagos):
1. State by state IGR comparison
2. State Domestic Debt
3. State External Debt

Based on the data, it can be deduced that the IGR of Ogun state as at 2018 (full year) is more than the total IGR of all the five (5) SE states combined.
Source: https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=IGR

Based on the chart:
Abia, Anambra, and Ebonyi owes the most external debt compared to other SW states.
Osun and Ekiti owes the most domestic debt in comparison to the SE states.

Currency in Naira ($1/362.50)
IGR:
SW (Excluding Lagos) = 150,824,371,322
SE = 77,314,968,186

Debt Profile:
External Debt:
SW (Excluding Lagos) =77,236,552,806.63
SE = 210,670,770,459.37

Domestic Debt:
SW (Excluding Lagos) = 505,468,856,367.78
SE = 309,919,768,624.23

Total debt (External +Domestic ):
SW (Excluding Lagos) = 582,705,409,174.41
SE = 520,590,539,083.60

Source of Data (National Bureau of Statistics):
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=IGR
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/

Cc: lalasticala Mynd44
Mod: Please move this to the front page to educate Nairalanders, this is from a true source (National Bureau of Statistics)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TSRC: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2019
Why would you exclude Lagos?
When you are talking about how Igbo come to the south West, you don't remember to exclude Lagos.
When discussing eligible voters, you don't remember to exclude Lagos.
When discussing IGR for your own bigoted ends, you also don't remember to exclude Lagos.

Bigots should not open topics. It is rarely intelligent.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Marineghost: 8:18pm On Aug 28, 2019
wow false information this days

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TSRC: 8:19pm On Aug 28, 2019
Modified
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2019
TSRC:
When you are talking about how Igbo come to the south West, you don't remember to exclude Lagos.
When discussing IGR for your own bigoted ends, you also don't remember to exclude Lagos.

I am excluding Lagos for the sake of the IGR coz I know the Igbos might say Lagos IGR is too much and it dwarfs their states 8 folds.

playing on level ground even with 1 handicap, the SW IGR (Exc. Lagos) doubles the the SE IGR.

Fun fact: Based on the NBS data, Ogun state IGR is more than all the SE states IGR combined.

Infact, the SE owes the most foreign debt looking at the data and they always lie that the SE region has the lowest debt based on the misinformation flying around.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TSRC: 8:26pm On Aug 28, 2019
Iblad0994:

I am from the SW, I am excluding Lagos for the sake of the IGR coz I know the Igbos might say Lagos IGR is too much and it dwarfs their states 8 folds. Lets play on level ground even with 1 handicap, the SW beats the SE in total IGR even excluding Lagos.

Based on the NBS data, Ogun state IGR is more than all the SE states IGR combined.

Infact, the SE owes the most foreign debt looking at the data and they always lie that the SE region has the lowest debt based on the misinformation flying around.
lol
Why would you exclude it when it suits you.?
What else is in the west if not Lagos?
The same Lagos that you people carry for head like gala.

My friend, jump inside lagoon with your yeye thread.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Sunnyboom: 8:30pm On Aug 28, 2019
How come foolish Ipob n PDP Igbos ain’t wailing on this thread.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 28, 2019
TSRC:

lol
Why would you exclude it when it suits you.?
What else is in the west if not Lagos?
The same Lagos that you people carry for head like gala.

My friend, jump inside lagoon with your yeye thread.

Lol, Ogun state IGR is more than the total of the SE states combined, that is a fact.

IGR of southwest even without putting Lagos doubles that of the whole SE.

So Enugu, Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, and Imo states IGR combined is not up to just one Ogun state.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 8:35pm On Aug 28, 2019
Sunnyboom:
How come foolish Ipob n PDP Igbos ain’t wailing on this thread.

Their lies have been busted. They are all around with IPOB bureau of statistics lie talking about IGR of the SE. I even purposely exclude Lagos from the metrics so as not to get the usual wailing of it is Lagos which they always use as a defense.

Imagine only Ogun state IGR dwarf the whole SE region lol.

They also owe lot of External debt as against their wailing last time about SW loans. They purposely pull out just the domestic debt aspect to misinform people and now their lie is busted.

I'm waiting on anyone of them with superior argument to debunk this fact.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Harlem2(m): 8:36pm On Aug 28, 2019
Ogun state and silent achievement
wink wink wink
One Igbo miscreant will surely derail this thread and the goat is above already

11 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Commentor: 8:39pm On Aug 28, 2019
TSRC:

Go to challenge and see chibuzor still hawking gala.

14 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TSRC: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
Commentor:

Go to challenge and see chibuzor still hawking gala.
Do you want pictures of Iya funke hawking paraga in Onitsha?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 28, 2019
TSRC:

@the bolded, are you sure you can read and write?
I said I excluded Lagos for both IGR and Debt profile.

Lagos is not included, Ogun alone dwarf the whole developer land. oga o

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2019
Yeeeeepa, IPOB bureau of statistics lie busted

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 9:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
Mehn I doff my hat for you. So the whole Biafla land no even generate IGR reach only Ogun state.

They will come now and start claiming they develop Ogun state and they will declare Ogun no man’s land.

We never see them for this thread except for the one wailing up there without bringing any fact.

Bro you wicked o

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Ritchiee: 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2019
Good
Iblad0994:
This thread is created to debunk the misinformation about the IGR and debt profile of the SE and SW. I will center this thread toward the comparison between the SW (Excluding Lagos) and the SE based on debt profile and IGR.

The news was currently on front page showing that the SW states owes far more debt than the SE states and also some are saying that the SE states generates more IGR than the SW (excluding Lagos).

I am playing on the National Bureau of Statistics Website and I pull the below data from their portal for SE and SW (excluding Lagos):
2. State Domestic Debt
3. State External Debt

Based on the data, it can be deduced that the IGR of Ogun state as at 2018 (full year) is more than the total IGR of all the five (5) SE states combined.

Based on the chart:
Abia, Anambra, and Ebonyi owes the most external debt compared to other SW states.

IGR:
SE = 77,314,968,186

Debt Profile:
External Debt:
SE = 210,670,770,459.37

Domestic Debt:
SE = 309,919,768,624.23

SE = 520,590,539,083.60

Mod: Please move this to front page to educate Nairalanders, this is from a true source (National Bureau of Statistics)

3 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by ORIENTATION101: 9:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
See finishing. Okoros how farcheesycheesy

10 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Ritchiee: 9:55pm On Aug 28, 2019
Still yet SE still dey undeveloped

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 10:01pm On Aug 28, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
See finishing. Okoros how farcheesycheesy

They dare not come to this thread and talk. They have been viewing it and shivering coz their lies have been busted.

One was even arguing with me yesterday that the IGR of Anambra is more than the whole SW. I laugh up to the extent that water started coming from my eyes.

Every sane person should alway cross check any statement from the SE guys Caz study has shown that they are prone to lieing 95% of the time.

I dey wait one of them to debunk this self evident truth.

6 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 28, 2019
CC:
APCHaram
igwefivestar
RTSC2
pinkpussy
Yorubahero12
Adaibeku

Come and defend the low Biafla IGR o.
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Cletus77(m): 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2019
If it was the other way around...and igbos opened a thread to debunk it like this..shey u pips would have been saying it's jealousy and envy??

As long as it doesn't favour you, the news it's not credible and you must find all possible means to twist it in your favor. The news was about debt profile and not IGR. I like how Igbos are boycotting the thread because ure trying to use them to soothe your pain

Pls continue in this path...it's very healthy 4 u

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 28, 2019
Cletus77:
If it was the other way around...and igbos opened a thread to debunk it like this..shey u pips would have been saying it's jealousy and envy??

As long as it doesn't favour you, the news it's not credible and you must find all possible means to twist it in your favor.

Nope bro, if the source quoted is the right source why will the Yorubas deny?

Imagine, even Ondo and Oyo IGR is more than Anambra and Enugu IGR. But we always hear people from the SE claiming the develop the SW and yet their IGR is low like that of Borno state.

Imagine, the SE owe more external debt then the SW, but yet you guys will be on the page of Nairaland abusing Osun state while your region is in shambles.

As at 2008, Enugu and Anambra IGR is more than Ogun state, but see how fast Ogun emerged to lead that by a far wider margin.

Soon your kinsmen will start calling Ogun state no man's land.

10 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Cletus77(m): 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2019
Iblad0994:

Nope bro, if the source quoted is the right source why will the Yorubas deny?

Imagine, even Ondo and Oyo IGR is more than Anambra and Enugu IGR. But we always hear people from the SE claiming the develop the SW and yet their IGR is low like that of Borno state.

Imagine, the SE owe more external debt then the SW, but yet you guys will be on the page of Nairaland abusing Osun state while your region is in shambles.

As at 2008, Enugu and Anambra IGR is more than Ogun state, but see how fast Ogun emerged to lead that by a far wider margin.

Soon your kinsmen will start calling Ogun state no man's land.

We all know Ogun and Lagos have high IGR due to the vibrant economic presence but they also have a high debt profile which you can't deny...
You don't have to troll people because you need to feed your ego or debunk the source cause it doesn't favour you..it's wrong..even if the Igbos posted this..I'll still say the same..
Everyone has their Field day..
This is not the Nigeria we should have in the 21st CE

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 10:34pm On Aug 28, 2019
Cletus77:

We all know Ogun and Lagos have high IGR due to the vibrant economic presence but they also have a high debt profile which you can't deny...
You don't have to troll people because you need to feed your ego or debunk the source cause it doesn't favour you..it's wrong..even if the Igbos posted this..I'll still say the same..
Everyone has their Field day..
This is not the Nigeria we should have in the 21st CE

@your bolded statement, that is false.
Ogun state domestic debt is lower than that of Imo state.
Ogun state external debt is lower than that of Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu, and Imo state respectively.

This is not a matter of feeding my ego, but a matter of setting the record straight because if a lie is propagated too long it may become the truth.

Like you said, this is not the Nigeria we dream of in the 21st CE, but it is better to speak the truth always and stop intentional lies to suit our narratives. If you can remember when the news was on Nairaland that the SW owes far more debt, people did not question it that much because the person that authored that thread only looked at the domestic debts.

Even Kano and Kaduna IGR is more than any SE state.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by helinues: 10:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
This deserves fp. Ogun IGR alone murder them

We are waiting for counter opinion

8 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by chiefobdk(m): 11:23pm On Aug 28, 2019
Afonjas are so funny...
Dat your state government over tax you does not mean that your state is doing well.... SE Government dont see the need to tax thr citizens since everything still end up stolen...

Igr is d product of taxation... Stop deceiving urself. State like osun post high igr yet they re not able to pay salary. Who is deceiving who......

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2019
chiefobdk:
Afonjas are so funny...
Dat your state government over tax you does not mean that your state is doing well.... SE Government dont see the need to tax thr citizens since everything still end up stolen...

Igr is d product of taxation... Stop deceiving urself. State like osun post high igr yet they re not able to pay salary. Who is deceiving who......

Haha Shifting post as usual, typical of an average Igbo man. So IGR is only a product of taxation alone, blood of Habakkuk!

What industries do you have in the SE that will even pay tax lol, Ogun state alone has more industries than any SE states.

So with all the constant chestbeating that you helped developed Lagos and the SW as a whole, Ondo state GDP is greater than Anambra and Enugu own.

Hahahahaha, my guy is frustrated he started blaming high IGR on tax alone

9 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 28, 2019
Why the comparison. Ogun IGR is more than the Whole South East combined

6 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nwadiuto247: 11:46pm On Aug 28, 2019
Iblad0994:

2. State Domestic Debt
3. State External Debt

Based on the chart:

IGR:
SE = 77,314,968,186

Debt Profile:
External Debt:
SE = 210,670,770,459.37

Domestic Debt:
SE = 309,919,768,624.23

SE = 520,590,539,083.60

Mod: Please move this to the front page to educate Nairalanders, this is from a true source (National Bureau of Statistics)

Oga the total debt you wrote here shows that SW is owing more debts than the SE so i dont understand the game you are playing by telling us that SE owes more in external debt.

Total debt shows that SW owe more debt than SE. What is your point?

Again did you factor in the population of people living in SW and that of SE. I just want to get your point

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 11:59pm On Aug 28, 2019
Nwadiuto247:

Oga the total debt you wrote here shows that SW is owing more debts than the SE so i dont understand the game you are playing by telling us that SE owes more in foreign debt.

Total debt shows that SW owe more debt than SE. What is your point?

Again did you factor in the population of people living in SW and that of SE. I just want to get your point

Yes the total debt shows the SW owes more than the SE.

I created the thread to debunk the earlier stance of some guys on the other thread that the SW owe far more debt (like double or triple) compared to the SE. On that thread they depict that all the SW states owes more debt individually than the SE states which is false because they only look at external debt.

Looking at this thread you will see that Abia and Imo owes more debt than Ogun and Oyo when you look at it as a whole, but the other thread suggested that Ogun owes more debt than them because they purposely use only the domestic debt for the metrics.

Ondo and Oyo IGR exceed that of any SE states, whereas the former lies propagated by some Igbo guys was that Anambra generate more IGR than the SW excluding Lagos.

@your bolded statement, what do you mean by the population of people living in the SW? Is IGR only dependent on population? That means Kano, Kaduna, and Katsina should have the highest IGR going by your analogy.

I will continue to say this, the SW is a region that is successful and believe in silent achievements, Ogun state will soon overcome rivers state in IGR generating in the next 5 years if we judge by the growth trajectory of Ogun.

Even Ondo state is doing really fine, it got high IGR and low debt. If Dangote had situated his refinery in Ondo state, then that state would have been the new bride of the SW after Ogun.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nwadiuto247: 12:05am On Aug 29, 2019
LegendHero:

Haha Shifting post as usual, typical of an average Igbo man. So IGR is only a product of taxation alone, blood of Habakkuk!

What industries do you have in the SE that will even pay tax lol, Ogun state alone has more industries than any SE states.

So with all the constant chestbeating that you helped developed Lagos and the SW as a whole, Ondo state GDP is greater than Anambra and Enugu own.

Hahahahaha, my guy is frustrated he started blaming high IGR on tax alone

Yet we all saw how hunger and lack dealt with people of Osun state to the extent that people across the country started making donations of money and food stuff for them from 2014 to to 2017.

What happened to their big IGR?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Chinese Ambassador Reactions After Watching Maltreatment Videos Of Nigerians / Tinubu Is 9 Years Older Than His Daughter, 7 Years Older Than His Mom,pdp / End Of Tinubu? Watch As Massive Protest Is About To Hit The Major Cities Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.