Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile (3792 Views)

Remo Omokri: North And SW Are The Only Places You Can Campaign Openly And Freely / Adamu Garba: Tinubu Was Betrayed By Osinbajo And SW Govs Not Buhari / PDP Presidential Primary: Oyo And SW Delegates Will Vote For Wike - Seyi Makinde (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by durangokid: 8:33am On Aug 29, 2019
Iblad0994:

I am excluding Lagos for the sake of the IGR coz I know the Igbos might say Lagos IGR is too much and it dwarfs their states 8 folds.

playing on level ground even with 1 handicap, the SW IGR (Exc. Lagos) doubles the the SE IGR.

Fun fact: Based on the NBS data, Ogun state IGR is more than all the SE states IGR combined.

Infact, the SE owes the most foreign debt looking at the data and they always lie that the SE region has the lowest debt based on the misinformation flying around.
. What is your joy of giving this fake information, please tell me what do you really want to achieve with this fake information, how can you be so petty with the truth, hmmm na wa ooo,
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by mandarin: 8:44am On Aug 29, 2019
The informal sector in Nigeria is very large. A huge portion of the trading activities, even the agricultural sector lie within this sector and traders benefit a lot from this.
This means that it's difficult to quantify the value of services take for instance a farmer in the village hired labour to make heaps, the cost of such may not factor into the GDP.

That may mean that most informal businesses though they may pay some local charges but most of such are captured in government revenues e.g. monies collected by transport unions would definitely not be all remitted to government coffers.

So the likelihood that SE traders or MSMEs dont pay tax may not be true entirely but they may be under taxed which is similar to SW and the North.

The difference between the two is that SW has more organized sectors.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2019
durangokid:
. What is your joy of giving this fake information, please tell me what do you really want to achieve with this fake information, how can you be so petty with the truth, hmmm na wa ooo,

What do you mean by fake information? Do you think people talking here are people without class?

Go on National Bureau of Statistics website and you’ll see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
Iblad0994:
This thread is created to debunk the misinformation about the IGR and debt profile of the SE and SW. I will center this thread toward the comparison between the SW (Excluding Lagos) and the SE based on debt profile and IGR.

The news was currently on front page showing that the SW states owes far more debt than the SE states and also some are saying that the SE states generates more IGR than the SW (excluding Lagos).

I am playing on the National Bureau of Statistics Website and I pull the below data from their portal for SE and SW (excluding Lagos):
1. State by state IGR comparison
2. State Domestic Debt
3. State External Debt

Based on the data, it can be deduced that the IGR of Ogun state as at 2018 (full year) is more than the total IGR of all the five (5) SE states combined.
Source: https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=IGR

Based on the chart:
Abia, Anambra, and Ebonyi owes the most external debt compared to other SW states.
Osun and Ekiti owes the most domestic debt in comparison to the SE states.

Currency in Naira ($1/362.50)
IGR:
SW (Excluding Lagos) = 150,824,371,322
SE = 77,314,968,186

Debt Profile:
External Debt:
SW (Excluding Lagos) =77,236,552,806.63
SE = 210,670,770,459.37

Domestic Debt:
SW (Excluding Lagos) = 505,468,856,367.78
SE = 309,919,768,624.23

Total debt (External +Domestic ):
SW (Excluding Lagos) = 582,705,409,174.41
SE = 520,590,539,083.60

Source of Data (National Bureau of Statistics):
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=IGR
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/

Mod: Please move this to the front page to educate Nairalanders, this is from a true source (National Bureau of Statistics)
I don't know why you guys enjoy fooling yourselves go to
Debt management office site and cure your ignorance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
Iblad0994:

Lol, Ogun state IGR is more than the total of the SE states combined, that is a fact.

IGR of southwest even without putting Lagos doubles that of the whole SE.

So Enugu, Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, and Imo states IGR combined is not up to just one Ogun state.
IGR doesn't measure economy, Ogun still below Anambra in normal GDP

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

I don't know why you guys enjoy fooling yourselves go to
Debt management office site and cure your ignorance

Are you okay sir? How does this make my claim false? Don't you see the external debt is in USD? I just converted it to NGN to use it to measure the debt with reference to the domestic debt which is in NGN.

Bring out where I lied or keep shut forever

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

IGR doesn't measure economy, Ogun still below Anambra in normal GDP

Can you provide me the GDP data?

If I pull out the GDP data from NBS and analyze now I will still see Ogun state beats Anambra hands down.

The reason I pulled this IGR and debt profile was because one Igbo guy told me Anambra IGR is more than the whole Sw combined exc. Lagos.

He has since cover his face in shame coz true statistics shows Anambra is even trailing Oyo and Ondo in terms of IGR.

Is it a curse to lie? Nawa o
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 2:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
Iblad0994:

Are you okay sir? How does this make my claim false? Don't you see the external debt is in USD? I just converted it to NGN to use it to measure the debt with reference to the domestic debt which is in NGN.

Bring out where I lied or keep shut forever
Go and do your calculations well

External debt$ Domestic debt #

Abia $ 98. 5 million # 62.8 billion
Anambra $107 #33.4b
Enugu $119 # 55.8b
Ebonyi $66.6 #55.5b
Imo $ 59.5 # 97.8b

Southwest excluding Lagos
Ekiti $106m #118b
Ogun $98.3 m #97.1b
Osun $86.8m #147.7b
Ondo $ 79. 8 #56.9 b
Oyo $ 104.9 #94.1b

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 2:10pm On Aug 29, 2019
Iblad0994:

If I pull out the GDP data from NBS and analyze now I will still see Ogun state beats Anambra hands down.

The reason I pulled this IGR and debt profile was because one Igbo guy told me Anambra IGR is more than the whole Sw combined exc. Lagos.

He has since cover his face in shame coz true statistics shows Anambra is even trailing Oyo and Ondo in terms of IGR.

grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 2:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
Iblad0994:

You guys should stop deceiving yourselves, same Ogun state that couldn't sustain itself during recession and was bailout by FG twice, we are tried of you guys lies grin

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Go and do your calculations well

Anambra $107 #33.4b
Enugu $119 # 55.8b
Ebonyi $66.6 #55.5b
Imo $ 59.5 # 97.8b

Ekiti $106m #118b
Ogun $98.3 m #97.1b
Osun $86.8m #147.7b
Ondo $ 79. 8 #56.9 b
Oyo $ 104.9 #94.1b

Oga o, I'm even finding it hard to understand the data you present.

Can you at least make it more understandable so I can dignify you with a befitting reply
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 3:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
Iblad0994:

Can you at least make it more understandable so I can dignify you with a befitting reply
Check the list states in both regions and their debts, minus Lagos, Southwest still top southeast in local and domestic debt.
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 3:28pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Check the list states in both regions and their debts, minus Lagos, Southwest still top southeast in local and domestic debt.

I purposely brought the total figure up there and I showed it myself that SW tops SE in the loan if we look at it as a whole (Domestic + External).

My post is a rebuttal to an earlier thread that showed that the SW debt profile is high that it quadrupule that of SE which is false.

The poster then only used the domestic debt as a yardstick to come at his conclusion while purposely leaving the external debt profile which the showed the SE far more external debt that the SW.

If you check the Stat, you will see that Imo state is the second highest indebted state as against the earlier postulation by that guy that Imo owe less than all SW states (Exc. Lasgidi).

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by durangokid: 4:12pm On Aug 29, 2019
LegendHero:

What do you mean by fake information? Do you think people talking here are people without class?

Go on National Bureau of Statistics website and you’ll see for yourself.
So you are the only one who goes to National Bureau of Statistics information and data verifications, the last information the published on debt profiles of the states across the country was fake? even as the incoming Governors then mandated them to publish it? even when most of us who were investigating state funds and debt profiles compiled the list,? so this one you concorted is the correct information? like I asked you before, what do you want to achieve with this type of fake information?
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
durangokid:
So you are the only one who goes to National Bureau of Statistics information and data verifications, the last information the published on debt profiles of the states across the country was fake? even as the incoming Governors then mandated them to publish it? even when most of us who were investigating state funds and debt profiles compiled the list,? so this one you concorted is the correct information? like I asked you before, what do you want to achieve with this type of fake information?

Please can you give the real information since what I posted is fake? I stated my source clearly in the writeup and I want you to go on NBS website and pull the data out so as to counter my claim.

Can I ask a question: Is the data on the NBS website false? Yes or No?

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2019
Iblad0994:

I purposely brought the total figure up there and I showed it myself that SW tops SE in the loan if we look at it as a whole (Domestic + External).

My post is a rebuttal to an earlier thread that showed that the SW debt profile is high that it quadrupule that of SE which is false.

The poster then only used the domestic debt as a yardstick to come at his conclusion while purposely leaving the external debt profile which the showed the SE far more external debt that the SW.

If you check the Stat, you will see that Imo state is the second highest indebted state as against the earlier postulation by that guy that Imo owe less than all SW states (Exc. Lasgidi).
Please stop displaying your Ignorance, southwest external debt minus Lagos is $475.8 million, Domestic is #513.8 billion, while southeast external debt is $450.6, while domestic stood at #305.3 billion. Please do your calculations well

Southwest minus Lagos top both in external and domestic

Anambra $107 #33.4b
Enugu $119 # 55.8b
Ebonyi $66.6 #55.5b
Imo $ 59.5 # 97.8b

Ekiti $106m #118b
Ogun $98.3 m #97.1b
Osun $86.8m #147.7b
Ondo $ 79. 8 #56.9 b
Oyo $ 104.9 #94.1b

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by rosebowl01(m): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
TSRC:
Why would you exclude Lagos?
When you are talking about how Igbo come to the south West, you don't remember to exclude Lagos.
When discussing eligible voters, you don't remember to exclude Lagos.
When discussing IGR for your own bigoted ends, you also don't remember to exclude Lagos.

Bigots should not open topics. It is rarely intelligent.

He excluded Lagos so that the stats are directly comparable, and so that the results are not overwhelmingly skewed in favor of SW. Try to patiently go through and understand the point before jumping to conclusion. If Lagos was included, then SW will by a million mile be ahead.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 5:31pm On Aug 29, 2019
rosebowl01:

He excluded Lagos so that the stats are directly comparable, and so that the results are not overwhelmingly skewed in favor of SW. Try to patiently go through and understand the point before jumping to conclusion. If Lagos was included, then SW will by a million mile be ahead.
Even minus Lagos Southwest still top both external and domestic debt

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TSRC: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2019
rosebowl01:

If we were discussing internally generated revenues or number of eligible voters, he is certainly not going to exclude Lagos.
He would do it on a region by region basis regardless of the number of States.

You are not smarter than anybody here.
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by plaindealer: 6:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
TSRC:

If we were discussing internally generated revenues or number of eligible voters, he is certainly not going to exclude Lagos.

Ogun state IGR = N74 billion

Anambra state IGR = N17 billion

N74 divided by N17 billion = 4.3

Ogun state's is 4 times larger than Anambra

At the end of the day, debt or no debt, Ogun state is still a very rich state with great potentials, even richer than all the SE states combined.

No need to include Lagos in anything especially regarding IGR since Ogun state alone generates more than the whole of SE.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by rosebowl01(m): 6:14pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

Even minus Lagos Southwest still top both external and domestic debt

Good point.

See what I don't get about SE people is admitted, they are driven and hardworking. They are competitive and willing to put in the effort to get results, they have been both a source of pride and curse to the country but:

1. If for their hard work, stats show that they are ahead of others, they don't focus on enjoying and appreciating their rewards, instead they burn through their time mocking others. In other words, their primary motivation for the hard work is just so they can tell you how you are useless, and they are blessed.

2. If for their hard work, stats show that others are still ahead of them, they will start throwing tantrums, blaming everything on God's green earth but themselves. In the end, if they cannot legally and legitimately beat you in a particular industry/economy, out of desperation, they will deploy every illegal means (see their overwhelming crimes) to achieve their aim. And if that still does not bring down the competition, now they demand separation!

3. Given the two above, using the the system, the other populace (especially northerners) has decided to play the game to their advantage and just cheat Igbos also using legitimate and ILLEGITIMATE means to get ahead. This now create double wahala and wailing for Igbos as they now have to constantly and eternally complain of the wrongs and injustices (true in some cases, and false in many others) that is being meted out to them.

In this point raised by the Op, Igbos are good at many things ie Sports, small to medium scale businesses, education, general work ethic and so many others that are too numerous to mention, but they clearly are below the SW in economic terms and developing a society. This has always been the case even before colonial times. Let's learn to appreciate on our strengths and work to improve on our area of weaknesses rather than spend time hating and throwing propaganda, false data etc everywhere.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
plaindealer:

No need to include Lagos in anything especially regarding IGR since Ogun state alone generates more than the whole of SE.

And still borrowing to pay salary and backward when compare to key eastern States, it doesn't make sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
[s]
rosebowl01:

Good point.

See what I don't get about SE people is admitted, they are driven and hardworking. They are competitive and willing to put in the effort to get results, they have been both a source of pride and curse to the country but:

1. If for their hard work, stats show that they are ahead of others, they don't focus on enjoying and appreciating their rewards, instead they burn through their time mocking others. In other words, their primary motivation for the hard work is just so they can tell you how you are useless, and they are blessed.

2. If for their hard work, stats show that others are still ahead of them, they will start throwing tantrums, blaming everything on God's green earth but themselves. In the end, if they cannot legally and legitimately beat you in a particular industry/economy, out of desperation, they will deploy every illegal means (see their overwhelming crimes) to achieve their aim. And if that still does not bring down the competition, now they demand separation!

3. Given the two above, using the the system, the other populace (especially northerners) has decided to play the game to their advantage and just cheat Igbos also using legitimate and ILLEGITIMATE means to get ahead. This now create double wahala and wailing for Igbos as they now have to constantly and eternally complain of the wrongs and injustices (true in some cases, and false in many others) that is being meted out to them.

In this point raised by the Op, Igbos are good at many things ie Sports, small to medium scale businesses, education, general work ethic and so many others that are too numerous to mention, but they clearly are below the SW in economic terms and developing a society. This has always been the case even before colonial times. Let's learn to appreciate on our strengths and work to improve on our area of weaknesses rather than spend time hating and throwing propaganda, false data etc everywhere.

Thanks.
[/s]
Rubbish can you show me the false data I posted? Lagos is benefitting from collective effects of all tribes, I'm not hating any western state , no Southwest states outside Lagos can be compare to my state in economy, education, health and what have you, what I hate is lies been perpetrated by your tribe, Op ignorantly opened thread claiming Southeast external debt surpassed that of southwest, I came with facts from DMO to refute his claims, how does it amount to be hating, Ogun is benefitting from Lagos expansion even at that it's still below two states in normal GDP before Anambra State, claiming high IGR when your governor borrow to pay salary, go and check states that was bailed out during recession, Ogun and other states in West received bailout funds twice to be able to pay workers salary, while Anambara, Lagos, Kano and Rivers didn't, they should have shown there strength that the can survive without allocation from FG.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by NGpatriot: 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

And still borrowing to pay salary and backward when compare to key eastern States, it doesn't make sense

Generating more IGR and borrowing are 2 different things.

Going by your lame comment, why are SE states still in debt and borrowing money and still backward salary or no salary.

Btw, nearly all the states in Nigeria borrow against their allocation to pay salary .

You are not making any sense.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
NGpatriot:

Generating more IGR and borrowing are 2 different things.

Going by your lame comment, why are SE states still in debt and borrowing money and still backward salary or no salary.

Btw, nearly all the states in Nigeria borrow against their allocation to pay salary .

You are not making any sense.
You claimed Ogun generate high IGR than all southeastern states put together and they can't pay workers salary without FG allocation grin They always borrow to fund projects, they were bankrupt during recession grin and you claimed their IGR is bigger than all southeast, even Ebonyi state can boast of more government projects than Ogun grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by rosebowl01(m): 7:09pm On Aug 29, 2019
TSRC:

Re: He actually excluded Lagos when he calculated the IGR of SW. For eligible voters, I don't think it is the basis for the point OP is trying to pass across, but you are welcome to educate us on the total eligible voters in SE vs SW (excluding Lagos), and its value/purpose in the context of this discussion.

Re: see the response above.

Re: My sincere apologies if I come across as such.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by NGpatriot: 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2019
[s]
TundeBricklayer:

You claimed Ogun generate high IGR than all southeastern states put together and they can't pay workers salary without FG allocation grin They always borrow to fund projects, they were bankrupt during recession grin and you claimed their IGR is bigger than all southeast, even Ebonyi state can boast of more government projects than Ogun grin
[/s]

Ogun state generates more IGR than the whole of SE.

Yes or No.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by AceRoot(m): 7:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
MartinsOnyx:
It has never being in doubt that the SW states generate more IGR than their SE counterparts. However, for clarity and reference purposes, I urge the OP to also include the IGR and debt profile( domestic and external) of Lagos State and see if the notion that the debt of SW doubles, triples or even quadriples that of the SE is true or false.

The OP has already dodged that bullet, hence the excuse of not including Lagos State.

Here is Lagos State debt profile, as of December 31, 2018:

Domestic: N530,243,773,934 Billion

Foreign: N1,426,428,935 Trillion

These figures are from the Debt Management Office.

2 Likes

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by TundeBricklayer: 8:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Ogun state generates more IGR than the whole of SE.

Yes or No.

grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by plaindealer: 9:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
TundeBricklayer:

grin grin

Question::

WAEC = Ogun state generates more IGR than the whole of SE. Yes or No?

Answer::

Igbos - Ogun borrow to pay salary?

WAEC Result:: FAIL. F9

The answer is YES. Ogun generates more IGR than the whole of SE.

WAEC reject think he's trolling me, who ask you about salary, simple elementary question, he can not answer.

See your life..

There's more to life than olodoism and trolling. grin grin grin
Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by LegendHero(m): 10:11pm On Aug 29, 2019
The OP simply posted that the IGR of Ogun state beats the whole SW and the Igbo guy up there have been wailing and trying to condemn the SW.

One even claimed they developed ogun and that Igbo businessmen run the economy of Ogun state. When I told him to give me names of the Igbo men running Ogun economy he only mentioned only 2 companies after some time of researching.

In the next two years, the Igbos will start profiling Ogun state as no man’s land and start blaming the Ogun Governor as they always do to Tinubu.

Why a tribe could have that kind of mindset of claiming other people’s achievement as theirs beats my imagination. Even God said thou shall not covet thy neighbors but it seems they have been touched by the devil to always dream of getting what others deserve.

After they see Ogun state is beyond their reach, they will move to Oyo state again and start claiming they developed it while their region remain ravaged with erosion.

1 Like

Re: Debunking The Lies About SE And SW Comparison Based On IGR And Debt Profile by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
Iblad0994:

Dude, I'm sure you can do basic Math. You seem smart enough. Look at your figures again and redo you conversion for foreign debts. What you posted in the OP is wildly inaccurate and you should go and edit it for the sake of your credibility rather than doubling down on the falsehood.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Heavily Armed Hausa Vigilante Group Invade Anka In Zamfara - Kill Fulani Leader / How Obidients Set 6 Million Crucial Ballots On Fire / 2011: Nicholo Machiavelli And Robert Greene Speaks On Zoning .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.