Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes (43654 Views)

Did King Charles Ignore A Handshake From A Black Man In Viral Video? / Trump Ignored Nancy Pelosi's Handshake Before She Tore His Speech / Robert Mugabe Gets $10m Golden Handshake, Full Salary And Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by madridguy(m): 7:31am On Aug 29, 2019
Are you sure you're not eating mad dog lately?

Danwakae:

You are sick...

If u don't leave Islam alone, it.will give u heart attack

Dan iska

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Danwakae(m): 7:32am On Aug 29, 2019
kehinde1588:

Are you normal at all?

Pls read your post again and judge yourself.
Heart attack ko mind attack ni

You are Brian dead, pig

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Danwakae(m): 7:34am On Aug 29, 2019
madridguy:
Are you sure you're not eating mad dog lately?

Yeah, I will keep eating mad dog, pigs like u

Big idiots

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 29, 2019
Disgusting beings

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Rilwayne001: 8:16am On Aug 29, 2019
Danwakae:

Islam kill u ther

Does Deeperlife female members shake hands with male

So what's your point, dumbo?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by FREELANCERSAMM: 8:19am On Aug 29, 2019
Ray97:
nothing new. persons dat schooled in the north will understand better, some of them dont shakes hands while some do. Maybe this ones did it for the sake of the camera. Besides this is the norm. Take an example of igbo people that dont kill snakes(pythons) in their place. While other people (tribes or religion) see it as stupid and creepy for not killing a snake, they see it as a norm. That dosent mean there arent igbo people that dont kill snakes.

Don't generalize
That culture of not killing snakes is just practice in some fraction of igbo land..
Not all igbo clans practice it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by SmallmebigGod: 8:20am On Aug 29, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
If na be the Prince na to deport them same day straight to their headslamming conclave where they emerged from. Nonsense and Allah.
Dem no even fine sef. No big nyansh. Yeye terrorists!!
And that is why you are not the Prince smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Proffdada: 8:22am On Aug 29, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Whats the Quranic injunction that supports this belief?

Look, the reason Khadija and Prophet Muhammad, Sallalahu Alayhi wa Sallam, met, transacted business and became life partners was because Arabian women were not locked up behind doors and denied social freedom.

The Islamic interpretation today is that women must not be allowed in public where men are. Then this issue of handshake is part of the package of that restriction.

How did something acceptable in time of Prophet is now unacceptable in time of his followers?

Cultural and customary beliefes have crept into many of the creeds and upheld as traditions but they are false and pretenses.

Abu Hurairrah, Radiyallahu Annu, used to say he saw Prophet's wife did this...he heard Prophet's wife said that....he observed Prophet's wife went somewhere.... If the Prophet's wife was locked up in purdah as many of you kafirs in North do would Abu have the privilege to record these customs?

I just love the way Yoruba practice Islam. From Northern Nigeria all the way up there to Saudi you all are kafirs.

Practice Islam the way Yorubas do.
Mohammed was a gigolo grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by idonhammer: 8:22am On Aug 29, 2019
Islamabad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Okoroawusa: 8:22am On Aug 29, 2019
Their religion...none of my business

In Igbo culture a woman doesnot shake a man's hand.She gives a small bow as the pats her back n says,"Nwa Ada,ndewo".

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Ewedegubbler: 8:23am On Aug 29, 2019
If Islam is the way to go, why run away from your Islamic enclaves in order to practice the same thing you run away from in another man's land where both the culture and religion are quite different?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Martinez39(m): 8:26am On Aug 29, 2019
madridguy:
Do you know what you're saying at all?

He knows what he is saying.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 29, 2019
FREELANCERSAMM:

Don't generalize
That culture of not killing snakes is just practice in some fraction of igbo land..
Not all igbo clans practice it
Thats what i said in my last sentense sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by lastempero: 8:29am On Aug 29, 2019
Mumu people!!!

2 Likes

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by WildChild00(m): 8:29am On Aug 29, 2019
madridguy:
In Islamic culture, women do not shake the hands of men for religious reasons. Instead, they opt to place their hands over their hearts as a form of greeting.

You are correct, there are two Islamic ladies in my office, whenever I try to shake their hands, they will withdraw theirs, @ first I felt embarrassed, but later on of them explained to me, that it's based on their religion believe.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by olayinka63: 8:29am On Aug 29, 2019
I'm surprised to realize that Christians especially those residing in Nigeria sees every other countries with minority Muslims as Christian states. Don't they know that thousands of religions exist on earth?. Also they used to believe that no citizen of countries like Norway, Sweden, Finland etc can be Muslim either by birth or conversion. They believe Muslims in these countries are immigrants. This is just a weird thinking. They need proper orientation and guidance.

7 Likes

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by jamiudinho(m): 8:29am On Aug 29, 2019
mrvitalis:

Have u ever spoken against saudi for banning all religion except islam ?
U hypocrite
Lack of exposure is ur problem in the city of Makkah there is Roman church not to far from holy grand mosque.....try to go back to school

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Okoroawusa: 8:29am On Aug 29, 2019
mrvitalis:
Have u ever spoken against saudi for banning all religion except islam ? U hypocrite
Have you been to Saudi Arabia?

1 Like

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Sterope(f): 8:31am On Aug 29, 2019
How is it disrespectful?
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by hush15: 8:31am On Aug 29, 2019
FarahAideed:
They run away from their countries to come to another man's country to practice what they claimed they were running from

if you know, you know o.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by ecclize: 8:32am On Aug 29, 2019
What the women did should not cause a fuss so far the intention is not treacherous...

The question of logicality should be safe for another day... Biko
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by mrvitalis(m): 8:33am On Aug 29, 2019
Okoroawusa:

Have you been to Saudi Arabia?
Firstly this is 2019 wikipedia is there

Secondly my brother worked there

1 Like

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Ugee12: 8:34am On Aug 29, 2019
Okoroawusa:
Their religion...none of my business

In Igbo culture a woman doesnot shake a man's hand.She gives a small bow as the pats her back n says,"Nwa Ada,ndewo".
What nonsense is this?? Stop saying trash. In Igbo culture, both young men and women don't shake elderly men's hands. But nobody even cares about that these days. Change is constant.

4 Likes

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by mrvitalis(m): 8:35am On Aug 29, 2019
jamiudinho:

Lack of exposure is ur problem in the city of Makkah there is Roman church not to far from holy grand mosque.....try to go back to school
I dare u to give me the address of any church in saudi arabia and i give u 50k

5 Likes

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 8:35am On Aug 29, 2019
FarahAideed:
They run away from their countries to come to another man's country to practice what they claimed they were running from
So all the iyamuris in UAE,Qatar and Malaysia also are running away from Nigeria because of what they also practice and are now practicing what the people in those countries are practicing.Do you even know the term-economic migrants?

3 Likes

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Goldencheese(m): 8:35am On Aug 29, 2019
Na wa o. They refused to shake a whole prince? Well, na una know.

We can help you achieve your business goals by putting up for you a professional business plan with its many attendant advantages.

1 Like

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Ugee12: 8:35am On Aug 29, 2019
Ray97:
nothing new. persons dat schooled in the north will understand better, some of them dont shakes hands while some do. Maybe this ones did it for the sake of the camera. Besides this is the norm. Take an example of igbo people that dont kill snakes(pythons) in their place. While other people (tribes or religion) see it as stupid and creepy for not killing a snake, they see it as a norm. That dosent mean there arent igbo people that dont kill snakes.
Actually there are many tribes here apart from Igbos that don't kill snakes. Its not only Igbos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Palestinians Say Israeli Planes Dropped Flyers Warning Them To Evacuate / If Israel Fails, We Are Next - Mosab Yousef, Son Of Hamas Founder / Jihadists Kill Male Christians In Niger Republic Towns, Women Flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.