Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes (43650 Views)

Did King Charles Ignore A Handshake From A Black Man In Viral Video? / Trump Ignored Nancy Pelosi's Handshake Before She Tore His Speech / Robert Mugabe Gets $10m Golden Handshake, Full Salary And Benefits (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by ransomed: 1:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
Khaleell001:

Hypocrisy where?

Anything that has to do with following the religion have absolutely nothing to do with hypocrisy.

Is hijaab allowed and compulsory on a female ?
Yes.

Is shaking hands with opposite UNRELATED(including cousins)gender allowed in Islām?

No.

how's this hypocrisy?

How?

if you don't have the logical know-how to deal with issues like this why don't you take a back seat and learn bro.
0000000 : - Truth is bitter, live with it sir. You can use your logical know-how to deal with issues but, please never use it for suicide mission against innocent souls.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Khaleell001(m): 4:30pm On Aug 30, 2019
bixton:

I still think you don't get the point.
Nevertheless I don't understand what you mean by copy cat culture..........please which part of Nigeria are you from and what tribe specifically are you..............

In my local village from where I come, its disrespectful for a younger person to initiate a handshake.

When I mean copy cat,I mean doingbwhatbtge westerners do by their way of life today.

As for my place of origin:I am from Edo state,Northern senatorial district and Etsako by tribe.

I only gave those illustration to show how we allowed to to keep the commandments in Islām and still remain who we are.
Islam does not change us from being who we are;whether you are from. Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Fualni, River, Ibibio, Lantang or wherever rather it enhances us in terms of our spiritual,moral,psychological and social standing.

Islam does not degrade us, rather it accords us and everything around us it's right in a way that balances everything with God's commands

I have learned and read a lot about Islam and other religions and ideologies and i can on say categorical in no uncertain terms that Islam is the ONLY key to salvation.
This is not bragging,I can prove it God willing only if you are objective enough to see the truth in it.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Khaleell001(m): 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
ransomed:
0000000 : - Truth is bitter, live with it sir. You can use your logical know-how to deal with issues but, please never use it for suicide mission against innocent souls.

Thanks sir for the advice.

As for my "logical know-how" leading me to suicide is totally off the table.
Suicide as a whole is totally condemned and abhored in the religion only criminals who parade themselves as "true" muslims endorse it and call to it.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by bskyb(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
Khaleell001:

Every country has its own rules and regulations.
If Europe decides that no one should put on scarves or anything, but walk naked then no Muslim should be seen there since the law does not suit them similarly you will find such laws in those countries that prevent the things you outlined.

The point here is, liberalism which is being promoted by the western world is all about choice. And my choice to do certain things as far it does not go contrary to the laws is well protected.
And I don't see what's all the fuss about?
Except you are telling me liberalism to you means, I must do what you do and choose what you choose which will be very hypocritical.

It's a matter of choice.

If I decide not to drive a car but walk it's my choice.

If I decide to wear agbada it's my choice.

You can't castigate me because I choose to be different when I'm not breaking any law.

who does that?

Great.
So, I deduce from what you have written that you would not be offended if the western countries make a law to proscribe the Hijab, any form of worship apart from Christianity, observing the Ramadan etc. , So long as there is a law made by them against it.

If I am right with my assertion and that is your position, then, I would like to know your position on the rights of Muslims to protest against established norms in this countries for the inclusion of Islamic practices in their everyday lives.

Also, if your position is as I postulated, it means that you don't support protests against such laws , since they are laws of that land and every inhabitant should abide by it or ship out. (It's certain that no man would protest against the Saudi government asking that Christian religious knowledge should be promoted in their schools among other things: Such a person would be lucky to escape with his head on his neck).

Therefore, when such protests by Muslims are made, I hope I can assume that you do not support them.

1 Like

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by GreyLaw(m): 8:49pm On Aug 30, 2019
Khaleell001:

They did the normal thing.
Whether Norwagean Muslims or Australian Muslim.
Muslim men and women are not allowed religiously to shake the hands of non relatives including cousins of opposite gender.

This is Islām.
if you are so "liberal" and so "tolerant " you should be liberal enough to allow us act the way we feel best.
After all, not shaking hands harms no one.

Excellent. We should allow you act the way you feel best. But in many Islamic republics people are not allowed to act how they feel best, right?

Well, I maintain my stance that Caucasian Muslims are not as bound by some of those tenets. They are liberal. Even Buhari and his wife shake the hands of the opposite gender.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by tck2000(m): 9:43pm On Aug 30, 2019
T
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Khaleell001(m): 9:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
bskyb:

Great.
So, I deduce from what you have written that you would not be offended if the western countries make a law to proscribe the Hijab, any form of worship apart from Christianity, observing the Ramadan etc. , So long as there is a law made by them against it.

If I am right with my assertion and that is your position, then, I would like to know your position on the rights of Muslims to protest against established norms in this countries for the inclusion of Islamic practices in their everyday lives.

Also, if your position is as I postulated, it means that you don't support protests against such laws , since they are laws of that land and every inhabitant should abide by it or ship out. (It's certain that no man would protest against the Saudi government asking that Christian religious knowledge should be promoted in their schools among other things: Such a person would be lucky to escape with his head on his neck).

Therefore, when such protests by Muslims are made, I hope I can assume that you do not support them.

I agree.
Muslims are even urged not go close to places where their religious practices is not guaranteed.
I
Ban Hijab or what you don't like
But know this,muslims are not only made of immigrants in those foreign countries, but you have a large population of locals who are Muslims.
Now where and how do you ban these ones from. practicing their faith?
This should be my question to you.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by DaAwesome1(m): 5:43am On Aug 31, 2019
Khaleell001:

They did the normal thing.
Whether Norwagean Muslims or Australian Muslim.
Muslim men and women are not allowed religiously to shake the hands of non relatives including cousins of opposite gender.

This is Islām.
if you are so "liberal" and so "tolerant " you should be liberal enough to allow us act the way we feel best.
After all, not shaking hands harms no one.
we are liberal enough that why we have terrorists and islamic fanatics and we turn a
blind eye to
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Khaleell001(m): 10:36am On Aug 31, 2019
DaAwesome1:

we are liberal enough that why we have terrorists and islamic fanatics and we turn a
blind eye to

what's this one saying?
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by budaatum: 12:56pm On Aug 31, 2019
ladiesreject:
I hate Islam, I really do! I believe Muslims are the problem of the world, especially here in Nigeria where 80% of them are so violent, backward and primitive.

But I like Muslims for just one thing.
An average Muslim rather die with what he or she believes than compromise. Christian girls will never turn down the hands of a prince even if it's against Christianity.

It's about time Christians start their own Bible school (just like islamiya). This will help our young ones strengthen their beliefs and not compromise.

SayNoToIslam
I say no to your ignorance!

1 Like

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by bskyb(m): 1:20pm On Aug 31, 2019
Khaleell001:

I agree.
Muslims are even urged not go close to places where their religious practices is not guaranteed.
I
But know this,muslims are not only made of immigrants in those foreign countries, but you have a large population of locals who are Muslims.

From what you wrote, whatever a country decides do do should be accepted by all those who decide to live in such a country.
This means that , in countries with a balance-tilting majority in one faith, those with such a majority can make rules that everyone has to follow.
A present example is the issue of Rhohigya Muslims in Myanmar. The Muslims are mostly migrants who came in over the decades. Now, the Buddhists are making the rules and they want everyone to abide by it or ship out. Do you think that's fair?
If you don't, then your premise that everyone should follow whatevers rules a country makes might have K-leg.
In summary, every country should respect human rights. No one should teleguide what others do in a forceful manner. If God (the almighty) has decided not to make everyone of a single religion, why should you (a mortal) try to do so by muzzling human rights?

There's a saying I love - and that is that, most of us are in the religion we practice by birth, and remember that we don't choose our parents. Therefore, we had little choice in it. Very few people will convert to another religion in their lifetimes.

Based on this, tolerance is what we need. If I want to worship my God , allow me to. The way you believe that there's no other way than yours is the same way others believe that theirs is the only way.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by bixton(m): 2:36pm On Aug 31, 2019
Khaleell001:

When I mean copy cat,I mean doingbwhatbtge westerners do by their way of life today.

As for my place of origin:I am from Edo state,Northern senatorial district and Etsako by tribe.

I only gave those illustration to show how we allowed to to keep the commandments in Islām and still remain who we are.
Islam does not change us from being who we are;whether you are from. Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Fualni, River, Ibibio, Lantang or wherever rather it enhances us in terms of our spiritual,moral,psychological and social standing.

Islam does not degrade us, rather it accords us and everything around us it's right in a way that balances everything with God's commands

I have learned and read a lot about Islam and other religions and ideologies and i can on say categorical in no uncertain terms that Islam is the ONLY key to salvation.
This is not bragging,I can prove it God willing only if you are objective enough to see the truth in it.

A truth is a truth and there's no objectivity towards it.

I hope you understand the statements below and note, I'm no atheist.
Any one practicising any form of religion whatsoever will never get salvation.

There is only ONE GOD and He did not sell any religion to anyone.
Religion is man-made.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Onlyonebuhari: 9:17pm On Aug 31, 2019
Nowenuse:

Imagine the Audacity. If you are not a christian, mind yourself with your head slamming religion and don't you interfere with how christians are observing their religion or not, cos it is none of your business.
If your wife wants to dress like a masquerade, it's your business and hers, afterall not even all muslim women dress as masquerades. There are muslims who are very modern and civilized in their looks.

The problem we are having with you guys is that why do masquerade looking muslims still choose to migrate to these western nations when they know it's full of nudity? Why don't they choose Saudi Arabia, Yemen or Pakistan?

You claim to be a Christian but alas! You are anti Christ. If you think holy Mary dress like masquerade then own women copy her. But you are free to pride yourself in unclothedness afterall the value of your dressing lies in advertising of ground pepper.

1 Like

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by bskyb(m): 9:20pm On Sep 01, 2019
Khaleell001:

I agree.
I

Hey bro. I would like to have your thoughts on my last post. Reminder!!
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Khaleell001(m): 10:14pm On Sep 01, 2019
bskyb:

Hey bro. I would like to have your thoughts on my last post. Reminder!!

I would love to.
Can you repost again?
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by bskyb(m): 10:44pm On Sep 02, 2019
Khaleell001:

I would love to.
Can you repost again?

From what you wrote, whatever a country decides do do should be accepted by all those who decide to live in such a country.
This means that , in countries with a balance-tilting majority in one faith, those with such a majority can make rules that everyone has to follow.
A present example is the issue of Rhohigya Muslims in Myanmar. The Muslims are mostly migrants who came in over the decades. Now, the Buddhists are making the rules and they want everyone to abide by it or ship out. Do you think that's fair?
If you don't, then your premise that everyone should follow whatevers rules a country makes might have K-leg.
In summary, every country should respect human rights. No one should teleguide what others do in a forceful manner. If God (the almighty) has decided not to make everyone of a single religion, why should you (a mortal) try to do so by muzzling human rights?

There's a saying I love - and that is that, most of us are in the religion we practice by birth, and remember that we don't choose our parents. Therefore, we had little choice in it. Very few people will convert to another religion in their lifetimes.

Based on this, tolerance is what we need. If I want to worship my God , allow me to. The way you believe that there's no other way than yours is the same way others believe that theirs is the only way
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Khaleell001(m): 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2019
bskyb:

Based on this, tolerance is what we need. If I want to worship my God , allow me to. The way you believe that there's no other way than yours is the same way others believe that theirs is the only way

i get your point now.
One thing you should know is there is no one rule fits all as the world exist.
Need I tell you that there are programmes the Chinese government are using to brainwash Muslims in Xinjian province albeit we can only call them out based in their laws and certain rules they follow on the international level.
And why is Saudi Arabia being singled out?
Why can't we make a level playing field if we want to argue in that manner.
What about North Korea?is anybody telling them anything?

Like I said, there's no one rule fits all in all these.

In all,I agree a country sets rules for its people they see fit, but as for the Saudis,they know what they want since it's a Muslim country unlike the West which prides itself on liberalism.

Comparing a deeply religiously and conservatively ruled society to that of liberal society is like comparing potatoes to tomatoes and they may have some what similar syllables may,but there do not taste the same way nor look the same.

I rest my case.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by bskyb(m): 7:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
Khaleell001:

i get your point now.
One thing you should know is there is no one rule fits all as the world exist.
Need I tell you that there are programmes the Chinese government are using to brainwash Muslims in Xinjian province albeit we can only call them out based in their laws and certain rules they follow on the international level.
And why is Saudi Arabia being singled out?
Why can't we make a level playing field if we want to argue in that manner.
What about North Korea?is anybody telling them anything?

Like I said, there's no one rule fits all in all these.

In all,I agree a country sets rules for its people they see fit, but as for the Saudis,they know what they want since it's a Muslim country unlike the West which prides itself on liberalism.

Comparing a deeply religiously and conservatively ruled society to that of liberal society is like comparing potatoes to tomatoes and they may have some what similar syllables may,but there do not taste the same way nor look the same.

I rest my case.

Certainly there's no one rule that fits all, but -what is fair is fair anywhere in the world.

This discussion is not about how the Chinese or other governments brainwash their people (brainwashing occurs practically everywhere in the world, anyway). This discussion is about fairness. Burning people at the stake because they say something contrary to ones beliefs is wrong, no matter where we view it from. (Such was done some centuries ago in Europe.). Similarly, preventing people from worshipping whom/what they wish to worship is wrong.

Just imagine that traditional worshippers are the majority in Nigeria and they insist that anyone with contrary beliefs should be hung by the neck. Would that be fair.?

Saudi is not being singled out, it's just a prime illustration of my point.

As per comparison of liberal and conservative societies, the first thing about those societies is that they are composed of humans and not robots. These humans have a will and preferences. They should not be forced to do what others think is right for them. As I said earlier, if God wanted the world to be homogeneous religion-wise , he wouldn't need mere mortals like us to do it for him.
We call him the all powerful, the all sufficient, yet we think we should interprete and enforce his rules for him.

Lastly, since you believe that a state/govt should make rules and it should be followed without regard for individual differences, would you then agree that Israel is doing the right thing in Gaza ? Afterall, they made the rules and they must be followed. Would you support what the Soviet Union did? Would you support the criminalisation of religion as was once done in USSR?
Would you turn a blind eye to the plight of the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar? Or would you empathise with them instead?.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Khaleell001(m): 9:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
bskyb:

Certainly there's no one rule that fits all, but -what is fair is fair anywhere in the world.

This discussion is not about how the Chinese or other governments brainwash their people (brainwashing occurs practically everywhere in the world, anyway). This discussion is about fairness. Burning people at the stake because they say something contrary to ones beliefs is wrong, no matter where we view it from. (Such was done some centuries ago in Europe.). Similarly, preventing people from worshipping whom/what they wish to worship is wrong.

Just imagine that traditional worshippers are the majority in Nigeria and they insist that anyone with contrary beliefs should be hung by the neck. Would that be fair.?

Saudi is not being singled out, it's just a prime illustration of my point.

As per comparison of liberal and conservative societies, the first thing about those societies is that they are composed of humans and not robots. These humans have a will and preferences. They should not be forced to do what others think is right for them. As I said earlier, if God wanted the world to be homogeneous religion-wise , he wouldn't need mere mortals like us to do it for him.
We call him the all powerful, the all sufficient, yet we think we should interprete and enforce his rules for him.

Lastly, since you believe that a state/govt should make rules and it should be followed without regard for individual differences, would you then agree that Israel is doing the right thing in Gaza ? Afterall, they made the rules and they must be followed. Would you support what the Soviet Union did? Would you support the criminalisation of religion as was once done in USSR?
Would you turn a blind eye to the plight of the Rohingya Muslims in Myanmar? Or would you empathise with them instead?.

You see, this is one of the reasons I don't enjoy arguing (it seems you enjoy it).

All these things you are mentioning are just too localized to begin it.

The main crux of this discussion (we shouldn't forget) was about the allowance of handshake between opposite unrelated genders and I categorically said Islām prohibits it which I expect you to understand but no. You want to rather make me believe that shaking hands is a courtesy every "modern" man must render whether he likes it or not and started bringing in other unrelated issues to buttress your point.

Don't also forget that I said based on what those who operate their laws allow in the name of liberalism they should be no problem since the prevalent ideology is based on choice not on force.
But again, like a programmed robot(sorry,if this sounds harsh) you kept trying to "convince" me of what Muslim country do and I told you quiet clearly that you can't be comparing both because they do not adopt the same ideology.
As prevalent as the LGBTQA issue is, a substantial amount of states in the US did not adopt it.Where they also not tolerant enough?

Note this:what you permit in your house that seems cool, may not be permitted in my house because you are more liberal than I do based in your perception.

In my house, it is known that a girl I have not married can not and should not enter my room, but a house close by which happens to be my uncle's house allows such and we are both Muslims; but we differ in terms of our modus operandi regarding unmarried ladies going into into an unmarried guys room.
What do you call this:intolerance on my part?
Not curteous enough ?
I can tell you they know I frown at this but none of them have come to me to say you see you are not liberal and bla bla black sheep and wats and all.

One thing you people should understand is, every country has several rules concerning certain issues and differ in their approach so I don't get it when you try to rope in Muslims countries or Saudi Arabia to be specific into your arguments when I clearly and unequivocably gave the answer to the question relevant to the topic under discussion.

Abi una just like quarrel?
Shioor.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by pek(m): 1:42pm On Apr 16, 2020
Ray97:
nothing new. persons dat schooled in the north will understand better, some of them dont shakes hands while some do. Maybe this ones did it for the sake of the camera. Besides this is the norm. [b]Take an example of igbo people that dont kill snakes(pythons) in their place. [/b]While other people (tribes or religion) see it as stupid and creepy for not killing a snake, they see it as a norm. That dosent mean there arent igbo people that dont kill snakes.
This statement sounds stupid and uninformed. You should have asked before making such a blanket statement. It is only Idemili people of Anambra state that don't kill pythons. This is less than 1% of Igbos.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by sulasa07(m): 1:16pm On Apr 23, 2020
VULCAN:
Due to the doctrine of Taqqiyah, Muslims are given carte blanche to tell liés.

Non Muslims are not allowed in Mecca. So who attends this church you dreamt up?

Even in Israel,in orthodox Jews region,non Jews are not allowed.
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by sulasa07(m): 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
ajl:
I blamed the prince and the palace. So, you are going to visit a community of immigrants without having a knowledge of their culture. It's a known fact you avoid physical contact with islam-practicing women especially from the middle-east. It's the prince that choose to disrespect their custom, not the other way round. That they reside in Norway does not mean that the women act Norwegian.
Even Jewish women don't shake men but since it's about Muslim,it's disrespectful.
In Norway now coz of Coronavirus,hand-shaking leads to 2yrs imprisonment,how about that?

1 Like

Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Elidrisy20: 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2022
If he want to shake, make him go shake him wife yansh
Re: Prince Haakon: 3 Muslim Women Refused Handshake, Norwegian Mosque Apologizes by Kpatakpata: 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2022
I am not a Muslim but I actually think that they didn't have to apologise. The crown Prince would have asked questions before extending his hands to the women. The western countries always want to force their culture on others.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Palestinians Say Israeli Planes Dropped Flyers Warning Them To Evacuate / If Israel Fails, We Are Next - Mosab Yousef, Son Of Hamas Founder / Jihadists Kill Male Christians In Niger Republic Towns, Women Flee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.