Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia (18915 Views)

Alexei Navalny’s Former Chief Of Staff Volkov Attacked In Lithuania(photos) / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) / President Ramaphosa Makes Mistake On TV Against Xenophobia (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by rhythyson: 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2019
GOFRONT:

How far about their own Shoprite in Nigeria??...

Ok

....But we are not stupid and Animalistic like these band of idiots who blame everything on Nigerians even the ones that can not have an erection blame Nigerians...... what a people what a race...

...Like someone said Nelson Mandela was the last Human Being from South Africa....

Awon Ndi ara

3 Likes

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by immortalityk: 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

South African Companies in Nigeria

1 MTN http://www.mtnonline.com/ Golden Plaza Building,, Awolowo Rd, Falomo, Lagos, Nigeria
2 Power Giant
3 Eskom Nigeria www.eskomplc.com Plot 19, Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja.
4 South African Airway www.flysaa.com
5 South African Breweries (SAB miller)
6 Stanbic Merchant Bank of Nigeria
7 Multichoice https://www.multichoice.co.za/ 56, Shogbamu Street, Iyana-Oworo, Bariga, Lagos, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
8 Umgeni Water www.umgeni.co.za/
9 Refresh products www.refreshbrand.com
10 PEP Retail Stores www.pepstores.com
11 Shoprite www.shoprite.com
12 LTA Construction www.grinaker-lta.com
13 Protea Hotels protea.marriott.com
14 Critical Rescue International www.crinigeria.com
15 South African-Nigeria Communications
16 Global Outdoor Semces www.gosafrica.com/
17 Oracle www.oracle.com/
18 Airtime
19 DSTV

Nobody should touch those companies in Yoruba land
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by DonDaniDee(m): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
Yeah we are safe over hear.
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Isoduwa(m): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
Isabellah:
Michael Jackson songs are playing on every radio station. Today is his birthday.

The World has refused to forget him.

Me never hear any of he song � since morning � na only your radio �

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by PureGoldh(m): 1:37pm On Aug 29, 2019
Ok
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by TSRC: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2019
Yankee101:
Well, i guess it's time for mtn, shoprite and dstv to be sold to nigerians or asked to leave
Rather we should force them to move their headquarters to Nigeria and invest in the Nigerian stock exchange just like MTN did.

There is no emotion in economics.
We would deal with South Africa that way.

5 Likes

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Nobody: 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2019
agbarisocket:
lagos govt should wreak havoc in Alana Intel..trade fair.so that flat head will know that lagos belong to Yoruba.......

You are funny
Because your history never told you that Lagos originally belongs to the BENIN.
even FESTAC 77 art made was to automatically make FESTAC an edo place.
I laugh when yorubas claim LAGOS.
THEY ARE FOOLS.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Greenbirth: 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2019
I urge all well thinking Nigerians to stop working for SouthAfricans. They mean no good to other African nationals
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Ooye12: 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2019
frankmoney:
The funny thing is , it's hard to differentiate a south african in Nigeria due to our porous borders and lack of identification , if not it's to order them to leave the country along with mtn , multichoice and ShopRite
do you know much Nigeria government benefits from dem , even if they kill all Nigerian in South African ... wicked people’s
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by realestniggah: 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2019
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

South African Companies in Nigeria

1 MTN http://www.mtnonline.com/ Golden Plaza Building,, Awolowo Rd, Falomo, Lagos, Nigeria
2 Power Giant
3 Eskom Nigeria www.eskomplc.com Plot 19, Aminu Kano Crescent, Wuse II, Abuja.
4 South African Airway www.flysaa.com
5 South African Breweries (SAB miller)
6 Stanbic Merchant Bank of Nigeria
7 Multichoice https://www.multichoice.co.za/ 56, Shogbamu Street, Iyana-Oworo, Bariga, Lagos, Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
8 Umgeni Water www.umgeni.co.za/
9 Refresh products www.refreshbrand.com
10 PEP Retail Stores www.pepstores.com
11 Shoprite www.shoprite.com
12 LTA Construction www.grinaker-lta.com
13 Protea Hotels protea.marriott.com
14 Critical Rescue International www.crinigeria.com
15 South African-Nigeria Communications
16 Global Outdoor Semces www.gosafrica.com/
17 Oracle www.oracle.com/
18 Airtime
19 DSTV

You want to attack business that are managed by Nigerians.. A business whose employees are Nigerians.. Businesses that serve Nigerian people in nigeria.. If you attack this business who do you think will lose?

In the whole of Nigeria I don't think there are more than 2000 south Africans.. So think carefully

2 Likes

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by rectitude(m): 1:39pm On Aug 29, 2019
lilfreezy:
Alot of terrible people on nairaland will be shouting xenophobia, but they are the ones championing TRIBALISM here. y'all are attacking your own in your own country, put your house in order.

True talk. You nailed it.

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by stonemasonn: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
lol, the white people are behind all these shit. Have you asked yourself why can't the SA government round up and deport all the Nigerian drug barons?
scaramucci:
When will they direct their anger towards the less the 10% white people that own more than 70% of their land ?
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by phlame(m): 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
agbarisocket:
lagos govt should wreak havoc in Alana Intel..trade fair.so that flat head will know that lagos belong to Yoruba.......

U don't have sense...
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by TSRC: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
realestniggah:

You want to attack business that are managed by Nigerians.. A business whose employees are Nigerians.. Businesses that serve Nigerian people in nigeria.. If you attack this business who do you think will lose?
And their real owners are not the xenophobes.
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by MiddleDimension: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
Hausaman:
Why can't African Union do the right thing by suspending South Africa from the body. That members state that its citizens suffers any injury of property or body .

just as the UN is powerless against the so-called big 5, the AU is powerless against the likes of SA, EGYPT, Gadafi's Libya, Algeria, anf Nigeria
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Isoduwa(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
immortalityk:

Nobody should touch those companies in Yoruba land

See your life

Imagine SA person go come list Nigerian companies and their address come talk say nobody should touch those companies in Zulu land

2 Likes

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Truthwords: 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
agbarisocket:

You see as your village people Don lock your destiny finish

2 Likes

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by onyxo76(m): 1:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
nothing, i repeat nothing fit make live or get business for that country, before one lazy person just wake up one morning come burn my shop kill me join.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by gotnel: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
This situation is going on too frequently. How could black south Africans become terror to fellow Africans in their land.
President Buhari and president Ramaphosa are meeting in Japan now and the next thing we are talking about is another senseless attack on African brotherhood.
Shame on these lazy and stupid people of south Africa.
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by immortalityk: 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
Isoduwa:

See your life

Imagine SA person go come list Nigerian companies and their address come talk say nobody should touch those companies in Zulu land
I no care
I actually research and I know what the south African are going through
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by realestniggah: 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
TSRC:

And their real owners are not the xenophobes.

And also the investors in the businesss are Nigerians.. So if anyone thinks they are hurting south Africans by shutting down these business they are wrong.. We will only be hurting our self and economy.. Take DSTV for example is there any worthy competitor that can replace them?
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Tonymegabush1(m): 1:44pm On Aug 29, 2019
South Africa a great country, its citizens nothing gud abt them

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Greenbirth: 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2019
Zeus34057xxx:
people are here talking about important thing and you here advertising scam things. God that will punish your generation is waiting for you. Fool
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Iamgrey5(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
aseosa:

You are funny
Because your history never told you that Lagos originally belongs to the BENIN.
even FESTAC 77 art made was to automatically make FESTAC an edo place.
I laugh when yorubas claim LAGOS.
THEY ARE FOOLS.
@ emboldened

Please stop this misconception, It is quite silly.

Just because a place had a Monarch amongst other Monarchs which has ties with Benin empire doesn't mean it belongs to Benin

History should inform you that he met people in Lagos and also ruled over a particular set of people both of whom are Yorubas. They are called Aworis.

The royal family in England has German roots but this doesn't make England a German territory.

Let face the issues at hand and let's not deviate any further.
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by molbic(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
agbarisocket:
truth is bitter
so because of baseless trolls here you want government to close people 'smeans of livelihood.poor man is your wickedness natural or you inherited it from your parents
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Isoduwa(m): 1:46pm On Aug 29, 2019
immortalityk:

I no care
I actually research and I know what the south African are going through
You say
Wetin?

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Honagosz: 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
B
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by raphy(m): 1:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
When you guys are ready to attack there business Herr too like shop rite calll me.I.can join the team

1 Like

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by frankmoney(m): 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
ednut1:
talking like a child. Do you know how many nigerians they employ So if fulani herdmen dey attack foreigners dangote should be sent packing from their home countries ba
adult give a better solution . Until the Federal government goes hard on south African companies then thier government would stop turning a blind eye on the xenophobic attacks . Adult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Greenbirth: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
agbarisocket:
truth is bitter
but some truth can kill you
Re: South Africa: Foreign-owned Businesses Attacked In New Wave Of Xenophobia by Risingblue008(m): 1:54pm On Aug 29, 2019
South Africans r more deadly dan vipers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do You Think Of Oscar Pistorious' Explanation? / Patrice Talon Wins Benin Presidential Election / US Marine 'planned Christmas Day Terror Attack On San Francisco'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.