Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War (38517 Views)

An Igbo Man Tells It All: How Azikwe Betrayed Awolowo / Ayo Adebanjo: Like Abacha, God Will Deliver Nigerians From Buhari / Obasanjo Betrayed Awolowo, Lied To Him – Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by survivor10(m): 11:30am On Apr 13, 2021
DaddyYeeboz:

Yeah.
I clear Igbos for fun.

Chai... Tribalism has finished this one. Tomorrow, you expect this one to develop Nigeria for Nigerians.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by ekitimanalways(m): 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2021
tishbite41:
True Federalism
Seriously?!
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by tishbite41(m): 7:49pm On Apr 13, 2021
ekitimanalways:

Seriously?!

Aburi Accord

Google is your friend.

I only engage in arguments that improve me intellectually.

Go and look for your mates.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by MrMaestro: 11:03pm On Apr 13, 2021
Very interesting write up
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by fregeneh(m): 4:48am On Apr 14, 2021
PrecisionFx:

Degree 34 does not mean an end to regional government n resource control...It is a unification of the Nigerian civil service and unification of police, Armed forces n paramilitaries across Nigeria.

From the day Aguiyi became military heads of state u too the day he died, Every region (Provinces) had access to mine their natural resources, They kept back 70% of their resources n submitted 30% to the centre.

Gowon brought an end to regional govt n resource control in Nigeria.

Read the book EMEKA by Frederick Forsyth.

how do you mine your mineral resources and generates revenue when your civil service has been marge with that of federal government
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by ekitimanalways(m): 9:32am On Apr 14, 2021
tishbite41:

Aburi Accord

Google is your friend.

Aburi Accord! Ojukwu, Gowon, etc dented the process by reclining to ethnic chauvinism.
The first military coup that installed Major-General Aguiyi-Ironsi as Nigeria’s first military Head of State on 16 January 1966 was the genesis of the Aburi Accord.
In May 1966, the Northern soldiers had started planning the revenge of their leaders who had been murdered in January 1966. The Northerners were the major casualties of the coup that was carried out by soldiers who were manly Igbos.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by ekitimanalways(m): 9:39am On Apr 14, 2021
tishbite41:

Aburi Accord

Google is your friend.

Go and look for your mates are words boring people use to describe fun people. Have a fantastic day. cheesy
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by tishbite41(m): 11:18am On Apr 14, 2021
ekitimanalways:

Aburi Accord! Ojukwu, Gowon, etc dented the process by reclining to ethnic chauvinism.
The first military coup that installed Major-General Aguiyi-Ironsi as Nigeria’s first military Head of State on 16 January 1966 was the genesis of the Aburi Accord.
In May 1966, the Northern soldiers had started planning the revenge of their leaders who had been murdered in January 1966. The Northerners were the major casualties of the coup that was carried out by soldiers who were manly Igbos.
Fulanis , Yorubas were part of the coup. One of the plotters, Jallo, became a military administrator in this same Nigeria. Nzeogwu was buried in a military cemetery. How can you reconcile all these contradictions?! The bitter truth is that the Igbos have been hated by everyone. That 1966 coup d'etat was a lazy excuse for the rest of Nigeria to unleash their venom on the Igbos.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by gawu1: 11:31am On Apr 14, 2021
okosodo:
From these statements, I see no reason for the hatred. I suggest that islam is involved with the hatred
In what way is Islam involved here. The man just told you what you want to hear, ie blame Buhari for not restructuring the country as if it is Buhari that has been in power since independence.
Did you goons care to think that before Buhari, all who headed the country from 1999 were southerners? Did any of them ''restructure''? I guess they refused to do that because they wanted to Islamised the country too!
Since the country returned to democracy it has national assembly which is saddles with responsibility of law making and amendment of the country constitution, and by fiat restructuring of the country. The question is why has it not done that, only for somebody to come up with very spurious allegation and hips of blame on one single individual. Yet nincompoop have to believe him.
If the country was still under a military system or any form of autocracy one would have assumed those things he said were truth. But we are in democracy, yet somebody wants us to believe a single individual is responsible for not doing what he wants, and evening going further alluding it to that person religion!
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by ekitimanalways(m): 12:05pm On Apr 14, 2021
[quote author=tishbite41 post=100768647]

Aburi Accord

Google is your friend.

Go and look for your mates.[/quote]
Go and look for your mates are words boring people use to describe fun people. Have a fantastic day. cheesy
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by gawu1: 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
DaddyYeeboz:

Whether they fell from the sky is not a problem. At least, they can trace their history.

You on the other hand, we don't have your history. There is no trace of your creation, migration or evolution. For all we care, you could have been downloaded from God-knows-where.

I read an account of one European explorer who said they were likely evolved monkeys
I laughed that day tired grin angry grin
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by nku5: 12:07pm On Apr 14, 2021
This makes absolutely no sense. Awo as Gowon's minister went to tell Ojukwu not to fight, Ojukwu said no. How is that one betrayal?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by tishbite41(m): 12:26pm On Apr 14, 2021
[quote author=ekitimanalways post=100786193][/quote]

I must admit you're right.

But there is no fun in senseless killings.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by orisa37: 1:42pm On Apr 14, 2021
THE SAME OJUKWU WANTED ABACHA TO KILL OBASANJO BUT GOD WOULDN'T LET THAT HAPPEN.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Uchek(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2021
This is outright lie. There was no where Ojukwu agreed with Awolowo to pursue the negotiation for federalism.

Why would Ojukwu agree for another negotiation of federalism when Gowon and North had rejected an internationally-negotiated federalism aka Aburi Accord?

Second, Ojukwu did not declare war on Nigeria before Awo could reach his base. Awolowo was already almost two months at his base before the outbreak of the war. And the war was declared by Gowon on July 7, 1967 - not Ojukwu - when he attacked Biafra.

You are HABITUAL AND SHAMELESS LIAR!

Xisnin:
Of course we know.
Ojukwu agreed with Awolowo to pursue negotiation for federalism.
But before Awo could reach his base, Ojukwu had declared war on Nigeria.
Ojukwu's calculation is that the Nigerian government would assume that
Awo was in on the deal and would concentrate the military on the west.

You are HABITUAL AND SHAMELESS LIAR!

If Ojukwu's calculations were correct, the FG would have declared war on the west first
on the wrong pretext that Awolowo's had declared war by aligning with Ojukwu. Thus, paving
a smooth path for secession since the government would be too busy fighting in the west to even
bother retaking the east.

Unfortunately for Ojukwu, his gambit failed and Gowon refused to declare war on the west even though
most of his advisers pressured him to do so.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 19, 2021
fregeneh:

how do you mine your mineral resources and generates revenue when your civil service has been marge with that of federal government

Wetin concern mining resources with civil service being unified by the govt??
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 19, 2021
Xisnin:
Of course we know.
Ojukwu agreed with Awolowo to pursue negotiation for federalism.
But before Awo could reach his base, Ojukwu had declared war on Nigeria.
Ojukwu's calculation is that the Nigerian government would assume that
Awo was in on the deal and would concentrate the military on the west.

If Ojukwu's calculations were correct, the FG would have declared war on the west first
on the wrong pretext that Awolowo's had declared war by aligning with Ojukwu. Thus, paving
a smooth path for secession since the government would be too busy fighting in the west to even
bother retaking the east.

Unfortunately for Ojukwu, his gambit failed and Gowon refused to declare war on the west even though
most of his advisers pressured him to do so.

U are a shameless liar Mohammed
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 19, 2021
ekitimanalways:

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2021
orisa37:
THE SAME OJUKWU WANTED ABACHA TO KILL OBASANJO BUT GOD WOULDN'T LET THAT HAPPEN.

Proof pls
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2021
ekitimanalways:

Please educate me on what he fought for?

Restructuring n Resource control.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2021
chrisblack:

Keep quiet,even in you schools in the east ,you were taught that. The British even acknowledge that , even other neighbouring nation state acknowledge it . So who are you ,a nonentity to say otherwise.

Nobody in my school taught me such a stupid thing...

U are listening to the British grin grin, U no get brain.

Every other thing u wrote is trash, My ancestors wore clothes before the white man came, u can keep fooooling urself since ur ancestors were always naked
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by fregeneh(m): 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2021
PrecisionFx:

Wetin concern mining resources with civil service being unified by the govt??

who are those that will do the mining, the governors family ??
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 19, 2021
fregeneh:

who are those that will do the mining, the governors family ??

Wen the governors family members are doing the mining,how does that translate to an end to resource control n regional governance?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 19, 2021
nku5:
This makes absolutely no sense. Awo as Gowon's minister went to tell Ojukwu not to fight, Ojukwu said no. How is that one betrayal?
Present proof to this
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by fregeneh(m): 4:59am On Apr 20, 2021
PrecisionFx:

Wen the governors family members are doing the mining,how does that translate to an end to resource control n regional governance?

oga tell me who will mines and generate revenue from the resources when all your civil servants are under federal government,
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 8:11am On Apr 20, 2021
fregeneh:

oga tell me who will mines and generate revenue from the resources when all your civil servants are under federal government,

Stop pretending not to av sense.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by fregeneh(m): 11:15am On Apr 20, 2021
PrecisionFx:

Stop pretending not to av sense.
where is your own brain ?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 20, 2021
fregeneh:

where is your own brain ?

U have to discover and activate yours
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by fregeneh(m): 1:52pm On Apr 20, 2021
PrecisionFx:

U have to discover and activate yours

on your own part you can't even discovered what never existed in the first place, because if you had brain you would have known that without the civil servants there is nothing a governor can do.M O R O N
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2021
fregeneh:

on your own part you can't even discovered what never existed in the first place, because if you had brain you would have known that without the civil servants there is nothing a governor can do.M O R O N

Nah. U ARE the one who cannot make a simple research to learn new info n replace it wit the hopelessly false one that u have

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Picture Of The Prettiest Soldier In Nigeria / 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno / Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja