Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,334 members, 7,815,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War (38516 Views)

An Igbo Man Tells It All: How Azikwe Betrayed Awolowo / Ayo Adebanjo: Like Abacha, God Will Deliver Nigerians From Buhari / Obasanjo Betrayed Awolowo, Lied To Him – Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by gwarotango: 11:48pm On Aug 29, 2019
PrecisionFx:

The IGBOS are Hebrews.

My grandfather n my great grandfather who told us this never owned a television, never travelled abroad, died before the rise of the internet and yet they kept saying they were Hebrews...Who told dem? Pls use ur head sometimes, It will serve u well.
If you are truly Hebrews, then it's about time you go back to Israel

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Pigsandidiots: 11:49pm On Aug 29, 2019
Ritchiee:
Face front.Yoruba built empire.People do not build empire with nake.dness.

These are your people in 1921 when whitemen took their pix.Jews cannot be n.aked like this in 1921.
grin. Let him keep fooling himself

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 29, 2019
gwarotango:
If you are truly Hebrews, then it's about time you go back to Israel

U can go back into the skies from where ur ancestor oduduwa came from, remember to take his palm kernel seeds grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by gwarotango: 11:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
PrecisionFx:

U can go back into the skies from where ur ancestor oduduwa came from, remember to take his palm kernel seeds grin
Hebrews indeed. Apply for a Visa today for he Hebrew land and await the outcome. Awon Flateenoos
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by MetaPhysical: 12:20am On Aug 30, 2019
PrecisionFx:

The IGBOS are Hebrews.

My grandfather n my great grandfather who told us this never owned a television, never travelled abroad, died before the rise of the internet and yet they kept saying they were Hebrews...Who told dem? Pls use ur head sometimes, It will serve u well.

The good old days! grin grin Back when nwafors in Abiriba and Arochuckwu gathered from kidnap raid to feast on human knuckles fried with utazi and served on cocoyam. Chei!! Good old times!!!

Kwenu! Kwenu!! Kwenu!!!
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by XANDERBOY85: 12:49am On Aug 30, 2019
MEGAWATCH:
To prove to everyone that this man is lying against Ojukwu. What did Ojukwu and Gowon discussed in Aburi Ghana and was witnessed by the OAU?
What was the AGREEMENT in Aburi Ghana?
Why was the Easterners insisting on Aburi they stand?

Some people are just looking for a reason (whether they believe it or not) to justify their actions during the uncivil war and assisting to sustain this killing field and concentration camp called Nigeria! Their conscience is always there to remind them they kid no one but themselves!
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by ajl: 12:55am On Aug 30, 2019
DaddyYeeboz:

Not Yorubas' faults that you were lied to by ancestors who lack knowledge of history.

You have zero knowledge of your history and you're here talking nonsense.

Where did Igbos originate from? No igbo knows. If you mention Isreal here, I would tear you slap.

Even you that is talking, where is your tribe from. Don't pretend as if you know.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 30, 2019
gwarotango:
Hebrews indeed. Apply for a Visa today for he Hebrew land and await the outcome. Awon Flateenoos

Grab ur intl passport n head back to the skies where oduduwa fell from grin

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Nobody: 1:22am On Aug 30, 2019
MetaPhysical:

The good old days! grin grin Back when nwafors in Abiriba and Arochuckwu gathered from kidnap raid to feast on human knuckles fried with utazi and served on cocoyam. Chei!! Good old times!!!

Kwenu! Kwenu!! Kwenu!!!

Dafty, empty, STUPID n senseless post.

Fried with utazi grin grin grin.

Natural senseless Afonjas that fell from the sky grin grin, what a useless history, yoruba no get origin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Xisnin(m): 10:54am On Aug 30, 2019
PFRB:

This is where you have shown your ignorance. Ojukwu never declared war.
Secessionism = War.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by GMbuharii: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
sharap ironsi decree 34 unitary system started the madness we are in til today why ina like to twist facts rubbish...get out...

See lost Auchi person!?!?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by GMbuharii: 1:07pm On Aug 30, 2019
Xisnin:

Secessionism = War.

No wonder you have been writing Waec for ten years now
grin
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Xisnin(m): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
GMbuharii:

No wonder you have been writing Waec for ten years now
grin
It is so easy to spot the product of free education.
They turn out to be semi-literate.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
GMbuharii:

See lost Auchi person!?!?
Agenebode u mean am lost cos I stated facts...
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by reality1010: 5:44pm On Aug 30, 2019
Goodwills:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/08/echoes-of-1966-some-igbo-are-lying-over-awolowo-civil-war-role-adebanjo/amp/
The old man's statement is full of lies. The restructure he s talking about that the yoruba people have been agitating was what Ojukwu pushed for at Aburi which Awolowo convinced Nigeria to rejected.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Kfed4ril(m): 10:14am On Aug 31, 2019
DaddyYeeboz:
Those who have been fed lies by their unintelligent ancestors and parents with short memories should come and learn. Adebanjo has organised free education for them.

Before you counter Adebanjo with what your ancestors or parents toks you, ask yourself. If your Parents and ancestors knew so much about history, why have they been unable to trace your ethnic origin and history?

Ode so I shouldn’t believe the one my parents told me but I should believe this one you father is telling me? Hypocrisy

And which is more believable? That my ancestors migrated from Israel or my ancestors fell down from heaven. Oga ethnic origin tracer.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Kfed4ril(m): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2019
DaddyYeeboz:

Not Yorubas' faults that you were lied to by ancestors who lack knowledge of history.

You have zero knowledge of your history and you're here talking nonsense.

Where did Igbos originate from? No igbo knows. If you mention Isreal here, I would tear you slap.

Where did Yorubas originate from?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by GMbuharii: 8:07pm On Aug 31, 2019
Xisnin:

It is so easy to spot the product of free education.
They turn out to be semi-literate.

Sifia pains lolsssssss

grin

Waec citizen
grin
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by cocolacec(m): 9:30am On Mar 23, 2021
Hmm
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Uchek(m): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2021
You are an unrepentant liar!

Xisnin:
Of course we know.
Ojukwu agreed with Awolowo to pursue negotiation for federalism.
But before Awo could reach his base, Ojukwu had declared war on Nigeria.
Ojukwu's calculation is that the Nigerian government would assume that
Awo was in on the deal and would concentrate the military on the west.

If Ojukwu's calculations were correct, the FG would have declared war on the west first
on the wrong pretext that Awolowo's had declared war by aligning with Ojukwu. Thus, paving
a smooth path for secession since the government would be too busy fighting in the west to even
bother retaking the east.

Unfortunately for Ojukwu, his gambit failed and Gowon refused to declare war on the west even though
most of his advisers pressured him to do so.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by Christistruth00: 11:17pm On Apr 11, 2021
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by iSpitonYourGrav: 12:48am On Apr 12, 2021
shocked
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by chrisblack: 6:13am On Apr 12, 2021
but agreed with others.
Selective amnesia
MelesZenawi:
Actually I have seen a thread like this earlier and this was not what was said. The topic was restructured because the body of the message is clearly different from the head topic.....So I wonder where the Op lift his head topic from.

Adebanjo said it clearly that it was Akintola that betrayed them

https://www.nairaland.com/5379926/echoes-1966-some-igbos-lying

It was a betrayal by Ladoke Akintola who alleged that some of us, who were dynamic in the party (Action Group) and had a relationship with Nkrumah who had a dynamic political party in Ghana, were planning to topple Balewa government

No be even today the betrayal started, the betrayal is wayback. Is inbuilt.

It was Akintola that betrayed Awolowo and was clearly written here.

It was the insistence of Chief Awolowo to keep the Eastern Region in the federation that made Gowon fight the war because Gowon was not prepared to allow the East to go

The unity begging no be today ooooo...it been long long.
Yorubas una too like unity die ooooo (Smilling)

That is why some westerners said we should not do anything with the East because they are not reliable. The Igbo have not been fair to us at all.

I disagree with Adebanjo here. You lied.
Igbos have been fair to yorubas right from ages but the reverse is the case.
The fairness of Igbos to yorubas can never be equalled or un-paralled in anyway.
But what we get in return is the reverse.
Adebanjo you lied here.

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by chrisblack: 6:25am On Apr 12, 2021
PrecisionFx:

Are u yet to notice the level of ur senselessnees grin grin grin.

Even our IGBO Mascurades wore clothes, talk more of us. Ezi Mpam
Meanwhile yorubas never ever at any point in recorded history have an empire, NEVER.
Keep quiet,even in you schools in the east ,you were taught that. The British even acknowledge that , even other neighbouring nation state acknowledge it . So who are you ,a nonentity to say otherwise.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by tishbite41(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2021
It is very sad that a man of Adebanjo's age is still lying.

First of all, Ojukwu, not Gowon, released Awolowo. If Gowon had the power to release a person imprisoned in the East, there would have been no civil war in the first place. Yorubas always deny this fact to reduce the enormity of Awo's betrayal.

Awo and his wife were paid salaries. As a matter of fact, he was staying at a government lodge in Calabar and only reported to the prison every morning for documentation.

As for the war, it is well documented. 'The West will go if the East goes' is a statement credited to Awo. Let Adebanjo deny it. As for the 'starvation' statement and the 20 pounds policy, God will judge.

Only Femi Aribisala has been just enough to acknowledge Awo's treachery. Kudos to him.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by tishbite41(m): 8:25am On Apr 12, 2021
Xisnin:

No need.
I see that you chicken out with one liners when confronted with superior arguments.
answer him na. Or you want to deny that too?!
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by tishbite41(m): 8:37am On Apr 12, 2021
Omoluabi16:
Frederick Forsythe, chinua Achebe. It is laughable when you list their works as source material for the Civil war.

OK , list ur own Civil War materials. History revisionists.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by tishbite41(m): 8:44am On Apr 12, 2021
ekitimanalways:

...the political short sightedness of Ojukwu caused the death of many Igbos during the civil war. I think the Igbos should hold him responsible...
Ojukwu was politically shortsighted?! OK, you're right but almost 60 years later you're fighting for what he fought for. Who's now shortsighted?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by ekitimanalways(m): 8:13am On Apr 13, 2021
tishbite41:
Ojukwu was politically shortsighted?! OK, you're right but almost 60 years later you're fighting for what he fought for. Who's now shortsighted?
Please educate me on what he fought for?

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by ekitimanalways(m): 8:14am On Apr 13, 2021
tishbite41:
Please educate me on what he fought for...?
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War by tishbite41(m): 9:50am On Apr 13, 2021
ekitimanalways:

Please educate me on what he fought for...?
True Federalism

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Picture Of The Prettiest Soldier In Nigeria / 2,000 Soldiers, Jets Deployed To Borno / Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.