Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,114 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Help On Php - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Help On Php (812 Views)

Using Finger Print Scanner On PHP / Help On Php Code For A Dice Game / Free Ebooks On Php Progaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Php by wurag: 3:34pm On Oct 25, 2010
Hello all, am new in php , l want to write an application dat will generate unique numbers that will be inserted into the database, when user supply the right number it should allow their browser to browse and if they supply a wrong number that is not in the database it should block their browser. Thanks for your anticipated response
Re: Help On Php by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2010
my way of doing it
take the time multiply it by using a hashed random number and save it that ur changes of duplicates are rare
would love to type it for chinaland might ban me
Re: Help On Php by wurag: 10:32am On Oct 26, 2010
Hi ok can u pls help me by sending me a mail with an example. Thanks alot for your response l really appreciate it. my email addy is goldie174@yahoo.com
Re: Help On Php by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 27, 2010
sent to ur mail
Re: Help On Php by Youngichou(m): 10:01am On Oct 27, 2010
can you xplain better
Re: Help On Php by wurag: 11:59am On Oct 27, 2010
Thanks every one, @ pc guru l really appreciate it , will check my mail now. @younichou l want to develop an application dat will generate number and those number will be inserted into the database when user opens their browser it should block it by bringing up the application which will have just one textbox, when user supplies numbers it should check wether the numbers exist in the database and then allow them to browse by alloting them 2hrs if not it should show an error message . Thanks for your anticipated response. it can be sent to my mail (goldie174@yahoo.com). Thanks again for the help
Re: Help On Php by Youngichou(m): 9:00am On Oct 28, 2010
Pc guru idea is ok.
I think you can also chip this in.
Print a random number from the php getdate function.
Then you can also get random letters if you like from Abc now concatenate the random number with the letters this will give you a unique number. This is why i said so note that the Php getdate function gets the numeric value of the a day, month, year, time, minutes, and seconds, and join it as one and no day,month,time join together can repeat itself so when this generate the random number add some little random alphabets or you can multipl some little number to it and this gives you what you want.
Re: Help On Php by Youngichou(m): 9:01am On Oct 28, 2010
Pc guru idea is ok.
I think you can also chip this in.
Print a random number from the php getdate function.
Then you can also get random letters if you like from Abc now concatenate the random number with the letters this will give you a unique number. This is why i said so note that the Php getdate function gets the numeric value of the a day, month, year, time, minutes, and seconds, and join it as one and no day,month,time join together can repeat itself so when this generate the random number add some little random alphabets or you can multipl some little number to it and this gives you what you want.
Re: Help On Php by sholah: 4:59pm On Oct 31, 2010
hi,

y dont u just go for a 'wall garden' application. It's a kind of hotspot authentication system.

(1) (Reply)

Password Encryption / Pls Who Knows Anythin About Sap, And What Is Your Advice For A Newbie / Necessary Downloads Before Learning Python

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.