Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,721 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:57 AM

Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad (26682 Views)

I Collected Ransom In Dollars, Used It For My Children’s School Fees / I Collected Dollars In Cash For Emefiele, Dispatch Rider Tells Court / Lady Hysterical After Allegedly Losing Her N370k Iphone, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by chukwuibuipob: 2:59pm On Aug 29, 2019
sad poverty
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Sammycee: 3:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
Birds of the same feathers; Stop being senseless.
stanley000:
go and die!! U are obviously still a kid fortunate to hold a smartphone and little subscription.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Originalsly: 3:03pm On Aug 29, 2019
It was established that the man had sex with a minor....that is criminal....carnal knowledge.... she was raped period. She nor her parents can come to any out of court settlement to avoid charges. He should be charged.... and since he has money to offer for settlement.... the court can order him to pay millions for her medical treatment until the day she dies. That father need to be beaten out of his community.
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Babalegba(m): 3:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
But the case is a criminal case not a civil one and only the police and the director of criminal prosecution can withdraw a case. Nigeria is full of ignorance as well as poverty
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by PapaBaby: 3:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
stanley000:
go and die!! U are obviously still a kid fortunate to hold a smartphone and little subscription.

Why so pained? Are you the first son of the HIV man'?

1 Like

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 29, 2019
Who will sue this ediat blogger for releasing the identity of the victim. This fool should also be paying monthly damages.

Nairaland should also be sued since it is run by fools who post to FP without thinking
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Successlane: 3:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
Is this not Shadrack, a staff of SHELL (SPDC) IT department, that retire few years back?

He can't be 76 years already|||

And why is he involved in this shameful and disgraceful act for crying out loud?

I am still in shock|||||
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 29, 2019
If u grow up above the legal age
Please first of all hold your parents accountable for your rape,best of all sue their ass for trauma and irresponsibility of protecting u as a child
Then when that's done,go for the rapist's jugular

Why do u have a child if u can not protect the child

I don't even want to think if it happening to my own child
God forbid
If I no kill u physically,I go kill you spiritually

The best medicine
Anything we get hole,u go just comot prick dey fvck dey go.hole for wall o,just anything we get hole

1 Like

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Wayne4uall(m): 3:32pm On Aug 29, 2019
Tha man fu*k up he should have asked for 100 million naira
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by gabbasin(m): 3:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
So a 14 year old girl is working in a hospital as a salesgirl, just to make headline sensational, bloggers, mainstream media can lie
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Ijawwomaninoyo: 3:51pm On Aug 29, 2019
Nbote:
OP first things d 370k is for d period of d duration of d treatment, not monthly. It is d medical check dat has being scheduled for monthly.. D law in dis country is for d poor man.. Imagine d Nigerian Police instead of prosecuting a rapist and d hospital dat covered it up, dey allowed an out of court settlement with d victims father... Is d 370k going to cover for d trauma and physical injuries d gal suffered?

You supposed to know the man acted under duress and threats. No sane father will do that.
If you are poor and non influential in a place like Nigeria, that's what you will be passing through.
The rapist should be somehow comfortable and influential for this to take place.
A similar case happened in the north, the girl got pregnant, an NGO came into the issue, only for the girl's father to be forced to collect dowry and sign documents for the rapist to wife the minor.
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Ijawwomaninoyo: 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2019
gabbasin:
So a 14 year old girl is working in a hospital as a salesgirl, just to make headline sensational, bloggers, mainstream media can lie

She might be working part time after school due to insufficient funds at home.
A lot of children do that and some even learn handiworks after school.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Ijawwomaninoyo: 3:56pm On Aug 29, 2019
Wayne4uall:
Tha man fu*k up he should have asked for 100 million naira

He is acting under duress and threats, he is powerless.
That's the power of poverty, you can't do that to a rich man's daughter.
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by dahnimoh(m): 4:01pm On Aug 29, 2019
whaaaaaat

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by headz(m): 4:04pm On Aug 29, 2019
Suppose this guy pays them the 370k and then bails on the medical bill, what moral right will they have to ask him. Greed goes before a fall. Even the lawyer when wan charge am go court on the girls behalf wan still chop money for the issue, of cuz police also have their own.
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Zubydeangelo(m): 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2019
Some people can sell their generations just for a plate of porridge. Tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by obailala(m): 4:09pm On Aug 29, 2019
Abfinest007:
greed won't allow the foolish father to think
Would sending the rapist to jail reverse the damage already done to the little girl?.... Will sending the rapist to jail pay for medical bills or feed the poor father who already looks likes he's struggling to feed his family?... Besides whatever satisfaction a person may get from seeing their adversaries punished, how exactly does the culprit going to jail help that father whom you just called foolish?... Poverty is the problem here, not foolishness.

Except there was a way he (father) could obtain the settlement cash and still send the rapist to jail, there is absolutely nothing foolish about what the father did; hunger isnt foolishness and Oga simply didnt want to lose on all grounds. My only problem however is that they should have demanded much more than that amount.

1 Like

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by tramzy7: 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2019
That girl will kill this her father in future
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Seahawk: 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2019
Does anyone care about what the girl wants?

1 Like

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Seahawk: 4:17pm On Aug 29, 2019
Does it matter what the girl wants or not?
obailala:
Would sending the rapist to jail reverse the damage already done to the little girl?.... Will sending the rapist to jail pay for medical bills or feed the poor father who already looks likes he's struggling to feed his family?... Besides whatever satisfaction a person may get from seeing their adversaries punished, how exactly does the culprit going to jail help that father whom you just called foolish?... Poverty is the problem here, not foolishness.

Except there was a way he (father) could obtain the settlement cash and still send the rapist to jail, there is absolutely nothing foolish about what the father did; hunger isnt foolishness and Oga simply didnt want to lose on all grounds. My only problem however is that they should have demanded much more than that amount.

1 Like

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Toscarel: 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
must people complaining about the gals father didn't even read the agreement through
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by liberalchick(f): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
Sending a criminal to jail is not just about punishment. It gives justice to the victim and pays a debt owed to society.

So, the 14 year old didn’t get justice and the rapist is free to roam the streets to rape another unsuspecting victim. Society has failed his next victim.

obailala:

5 Likes

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by obailala(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
Seahawk:
Does it matter what the girl wants or not?
The girl is still a minor and fully under her dad's care. Sending the rapist to jail wouldnt feed the already hungry looking family; the man wasnt foolish, na hunger be the problem.
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Mrlazarus: 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2019
I don't believe the girl's Father truly understood what he signed.
Infact,this agreement sound so much like an idea the Nigerian Police would create after being 'begged' by a rich criminal with huge brown envilope.
Nothing was said about what should happen if after the final checkup,the girl is found to have been infected with HIV(which is most likely to be the case)I just pity the poor,illiterate father and the helpless innocent girl.
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by obailala(m): 4:26pm On Aug 29, 2019
liberalchick:
Sending a criminal to jail is not about punishment. It gives justice to the victim and pays a debt owed to society.

So, the 14 year old didn’t get justice and the rapist is free to roam the streets to rape another unsuspecting victim. Society has failed his next victim.

Any justice that doesnt feed a hungry man wouldnt seem like justice to him. I was referring specifically to the act of the father by accepting the settlement which several peolle referred to as foolish; you cant blame him if you dont really know his economic condition. I believe he did what he had to do purely for economic expediency, he would personally gain nothing if the rapist was sent to jail and nothing paid to him.

It is now left to the concerned authorities to take up the case and rid society of people like the rapist.
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Nobody: 4:27pm On Aug 29, 2019
This sh1t hole country is doomed!

1 Like

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Lyricalgod: 4:33pm On Aug 29, 2019
Gets matured? I bet you she's old enough to read the handwriting on the wall, the Dad is just mad
Dreal1247:
Poverty is the worst disease on earth because it affects every area of a man's life. How is this man going to explain to the daughter what has just transpired when the child gets matured?
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Sterope(f): 4:40pm On Aug 29, 2019
The wife of the medical doctor? Alright smiley
Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by liberalchick(f): 4:41pm On Aug 29, 2019
Oh ok, I see your point but I disagree. As a father he needed to fight for justice for his daughter. It’s also not about him and his economic situation, he wasn’t the victim. It doesn’t matter wether he gains anything or not. Why should the father even be entitled to gain anything? Why should he be thinking of economic expediency? Is it now okay for fathers to profit off their daughters’ rape? No one was thinking of the victim, no one fought for that girl, not even her father.

obailala:
I was referring to the act of the father by accepting the settlement; you cant blame him for being foolish if you dont really know his economic condition. I believe he did what he had to do purely for economic expediency, he would personally gain nothing if the rapist was sent to jail and nothing paid to him.

It is now left to the concerned authorities to take up the case and rid society of people like the rapist.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Collected N370k Settlement From My Daughter’s HIV+ Rapist - Dad by Seahawk: 4:47pm On Aug 29, 2019
So it doesn’t matter what she wants. Got it
obailala:
The girl is still a minor and fully under her dad's care. Sending the rapist to jail wouldnt feed the already hungry looking family; the man wasnt foolish, na hunger be the problem.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Girl Runs Away From Her Home After Being Brutalized At Prayer House. Photos / Newborn Baby Abandoned In A Carton In Kaduna (Viewers Discretion) / Head-Teacher Rapes 10-Year-Old Pupil, Infects Her With STD In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.