Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,909 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi (17091 Views)

Prophet Odumeje Was Slapped & Beaten By Security During His Church Demolition / Anambra Government Marks Odumeje's Church For Demolition (Photos) / Bishop Sam Zuga Gifts A Lincoln Navigator To Abdullahi Amanabo, Muslim Kogi King (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Apple2: 11:42pm On Aug 29, 2019
embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Apple2: 11:43pm On Aug 29, 2019
130 mosques in Ph? No way. Wike should bring it down to at least 5. Haba, is over too much

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 30, 2019
But Oga MURIC did not bother to confirm this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Nobody: 12:02am On Aug 30, 2019
Abbeyrazaq20:
We should all be conscious of our doing because we are going to be held accountable for our doing sad sad sad
Meaning??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 30, 2019
Reference:
Everything boils down to dialogue, negotiations, settlements and gazetted agreements, period. Governance is pretty easy if you know what you are doing. However our governments are often hostile and stand offish by nature. This flies in the face of what real democracy is all about.

The Muslims in Transamadi and all of Rivers state are legitimate residents and citizens who pay their taxes and exercise their electoral franchises. They should be accorded the respect and care deserved.

And what about the christians??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Kingspin(m): 12:11am On Aug 30, 2019
It pains me how these people open Mosques and worship freely down here but up there in the North the Christians are not getting the same fair treatment

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by littlemaster001(m): 1:12am On Aug 30, 2019
Upton:
You see. I think Wike should replace the mosque with another one for them or compensate them but the thing is the churches and other people that were affected earlier will come and demand their own compensation.
Local man is confused.
God grant me wisdom to lead my people right.

you said replace and compensate

all the churches destroyed and burnt by El rufai sponsored miscreants and jihadist brothers in Kaduna state... did El rufai replaced or compensate we the Christians ?

Muslims always remember JUSTICE AND EQUITY WHEN THEY ARE AT THE RECEIVING END AND WILL ALWAYS CRY BLUE MURDER. BUT THEY WILL GLADLY AND HAPPILY SUPPORT ANY GOVERNMENT AGENDA AND MISSION AGAINST CHRISTIANS....

HE WHO COMES TO EQUITY MUST COME WITH CLEAN HANDS

I DEMAND JUSTICE TO MY SOUTHERN KADUNA PEOPLE.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Gandollaar(f): 2:41am On Aug 30, 2019
Reference:
Everything boils down to dialogue, negotiations, settlements and gazetted agreements, period. Governance is pretty easy if you know what you are doing. However our governments are often hostile and stand offish by nature. This flies in the face of what real democracy is all about.

The Muslims in Transamadi and all of Rivers state are legitimate residents and citizens who pay their taxes and exercise their electoral franchises. They should be accorded the respect and care deserved.
Yessoo... the mooslims should be pampered or else..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Gandollaar(f): 2:44am On Aug 30, 2019
executive12:
Good man. Thank you for putting things straight. Ignorant Nigerians were already spreading false stories to start trouble.
Start which trouble? Dem nor dey fear? But e be like say dem don dey get sense because we never here of reprisal for kano

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Empiree: 2:59am On Aug 30, 2019
Thanks to Imam for clearing the air. Thanks to every concerned muslims and nonmuslims. Please do not blame MURIC or anyone who responded appropriately to the wake up call news. And Mr. Wike definitely needs to reverse his statement that Rivers State christian state and then we have respected pastors came out to support his utterances openly.The same pastors will surface in the future to tell us Nigeria is "secular state".

Muslims, Christians, and other religious and nonreligious people of the state voted for Wike NOT on the basis of religion. Therefore, Wike should backtrack and retract his statement whether this statement of his was connected to demolition saga or not.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by kayusely70(m): 3:24am On Aug 30, 2019
Thats a better approach, an earlier full explanations like this wouldve doused the tension.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by MacBan: 3:27am On Aug 30, 2019
Empiree:
Thank to Imam for clearing the air. Thanks to every concerned muslims and nonmuslims. Please do not blame MURIC or anyone who responded appropriately to the wake up call news. And Mr. Wike definitely needs to reverse his statement that Rivers State christian state and then we have respected pastors came out to support his utterances openly.The same pastors will surface in the future to tell us Nigeria is "secular state".

Muslims, Christians, and other religious and nonreligious people of the state voted for Wike NOT on the basis of religion. Therefore, Wike should backtrack and retract his statement whether this statement of his was connected to demolition saga or not.

And if Wike doesn't do that Erats. Hide behind ur keyboard and be typing all sort of trash.... why don't you come down to rivers state from wherever you are hiding to type this bullcrap to make your demands. Rivers is a Christian state and there's nothing any one of you can do about that. Enough of all these rants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by kayusely70(m): 3:28am On Aug 30, 2019
Apple2:
130 mosques in Ph? No way. Wike should bring it down to at least 5. Haba, is over too much
He said in Rivers State not in Port Harcourt alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Empiree: 4:28am On Aug 30, 2019
MacBan:

And if Wike doesn't do that Erats. Hide behind ur keyboard and be typing all sort of trash.... why don't you come down to rivers state from wherever you are hiding to type this bullcrap to make your demands. Rivers is a Christian state and there's nothing any one of you can do about that. Enough of all these rants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by BrokenCock: 4:31am On Aug 30, 2019
HarukawaNamio:
I CHECKED THE MOSQUE ON GOOGLE MAP AND IT'S NOT THERE,
IT'S LIKE WIKE ALSO DEMOLISHED IT FROM GOOGLE MAP
i tried to check but my google map didn't lap well. its like Wike demolished my app too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Urchman200: 5:02am On Aug 30, 2019
PureGoldh:
Noted.

Can we just allow peace to reign in this country?

Can we just work together as One single entity and make Nigeria Great?

Yes...we can actually do this... Let's stop all these tribal difference wars....lets stop the religious crises and we will get to see things move well in this country.

Let's live in Peace and Harmony

God bless yOu all

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria
if only u can say this to the president, Buhari is the king of tribalism. The language of the leaders influence the followers .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Ebirra: 5:26am On Aug 30, 2019
Empiree:
Thank to Imam for clearing the air. Thanks to every concerned muslims and nonmuslims. Please do not blame MURIC or anyone who responded appropriately to the wake up call news. And Mr. Wike definitely needs to reverse his statement that Rivers State christian state and then we have respected pastors came out to support his utterances openly.The same pastors will surface in the future to tell us Nigeria is "secular state".

What about Islamic states using islamic laws in the north like Zamfara, kastina etc? Are there no Christians in those states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Sterope(f): 5:59am On Aug 30, 2019
Be deceiving yourself there
bro4u:
Under attack... But these guys should have known that Christians don't engage in wanton and unnecessary attacks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Sterope(f): 5:59am On Aug 30, 2019
The law does not apply to the Christian
Ebirra:

What about Islamic states using islamic laws in the north like Zamfara, kastina etc? Are there no Christians in those states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Empiree: 6:18am On Aug 30, 2019
Ebirra:

did they ever say "this is Islamic state" like Wike did?.. Rather, the so called Sharia law in zamfara only applied to muslims.

Anyways, personally, I don't take Wike's statement serious. You know why?. Because Christians live in dilemma. They will never enforce biblical laws (OT) on themselves but rely on secular laws and use common laws. And you think they are truly Christians?. Politicians are jokers. The worst jokers are pastors who believe and follow them for their hungry pockets.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by PureGoldh(m): 6:25am On Aug 30, 2019
Urchman200:
if only u can say this to the president, Buhari is the king of tribalism. The language of the leaders influence the followers .
He is just paying back the states that have him more votes during the election.

It's just so sad that our leaders who are meant to be be showing good examples... Those who are to be transparent and not judgemental are the ones doing otherwise cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Fuckgovt: 6:31am On Aug 30, 2019
guynextdoor:
MURIC needs to do the needful and apologize to Gov. Nyesom Wike for penning down insult in the name of protest. With all the effort they put into writing such a veeery long letter, one would think that they took their time to actually confirmed the news of the said demolition. Penny wise, po7nd foolish bunch! It goes to show that they stay true to who they are: trouble formentors!
muric has been the most foolish group of all times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by israelmao(m): 6:50am On Aug 30, 2019
I knew River people can't be hostile to Moslem they are peace-loving people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Peacecoy19: 7:48am On Aug 30, 2019
[quote author=fergie001 post=81734247]A Muslim cleric in Port Harcourt, Rivers state, Ustaz Yahaya Imam Abdulahi has assured Muslims leaders that their members are living in peace and going about their normal businesses without fears of molestation in the state.

Imam Abdulahi, who is the leader of Bori Central Mosque in Khana local government area of the state, spoke against the backdrop of a video clip circulating in the social media about the alleged demolition of a big mosque in the state and concerns that Muslims in the state are under attack.

Speaking with our reporter in Port Harcourt office, he clarified that the issue was being blown out of proportion, even as he urged the state government to meet with leaders of the affected mosque in order to put the matter to rest.

“We (Muslim leaders) have been receiving lots of telephone calls from every state because there is a misconception about the issue of mosque demolition. Muslims in Rivers state are not under threat and the state is not hostile to the Muslim community.”

“We have over 130 major mosques in Rivers state, not counting the smaller ones in the streets, and I assure the Muslim leaders everywhere that there is no threat (to Muslims),” he added.

Speaking further, Imam Abdulahi said the actual demolition of the controversial site of the mosque took place over seven years ago, explaining that the incident affected, not only mosques, but churches, houses and shops, contrary to what is circulating in the media.

“There was an area called Rainbow Community along Trans Amadi area. Five to seven years or so ago the government of Rivers state gave a notice that they need the land. The issue went to court, there was a legal tussle and the state government won.

“The state government demolished everything there; churches, mosque, houses and shops.”

“After some years again, the Muslim community resident in the area got another land from a local chief for over N11.5m. they built a mosque there – that was after the demolition of the first mosque, which affected all the residents, not only the Muslim community.”

“Sometimes again, another demolition took place and they lost this mosque that was about five years ago. They didn’t leave the place, but are praying there every day and every week. It was when the state government went to clear there again that started this.”

Abdulahi hinted that the issue was being blown out of proportion because of Governor Nyesom Wike’s utterance on the now abandoned controversial Ruga settlement, but maintained that the governor did not say anything different from what his colleagues in the region said on the issue.

“Governor Wike addressed his supporters (on Ruga), assuring them that Rivers is a Christian state and he has no regret. That is what people are relating to and saying Muslims are under attack or threat. I see the video in circulation which is not connected with the latest matter.”

“I am calling the Executive Governor of Rivers state that he should continue to be the leader he his who does things accordingly. If there is a land bought for mosque and the government has interest in it they should replace it with another one.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/muslims-in-rivers-not-under-attack-imam-abdulahi/
[/qu b ote]. This na wike's Alfa. His narrative no follow at all.Wi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by MacBan: 8:09am On Aug 30, 2019
[quote author=Empiree post=81744479][/quote]

Go n read ur so called constitution and stop being silly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by olumalcolm(m): 8:20am On Aug 30, 2019
Wey dat mofo wey dey quote me on wed? sebi una don dey hear nw, one guy even said he searched on google map but the mosque no dey dere abi wike still demolish am for google map? una jst like unnecessary drama. una fit bring it on sha, una go knw say niger delta no b beans. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 30, 2019
[quote author=PureGoldh post=81740483]Noted.

Yes...we can actually do this... Let's stop all these tribal difference wars....lets stop the religious crises and we will get to see things move well in this country.

God bless yOu all

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria [/quote

How will people who like money and mischief allow peace to rain.I knew that site very well since i once stsyed in phc.Money and not patrotism is what nigerians think sll about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by PureGoldh(m): 8:37am On Aug 30, 2019
[quote author=nija80 post=81748488][/quote]

I understand your point sir... But at least let's always learn to live an exemplary lifestyle.

God's willing... We will surely overcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Saltandwater: 9:56am On Aug 30, 2019
PureGoldh:
Noted.

God bless yOu all

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

If what you typed here reflects your mindset, kudos to you. Sometimes I really wish the country can be divided into how many it wants to be but one, in which will comprise of different tribes and religions, differences across deiiferent attributes of people who understand that it's okay to be different but also know how well to respect the differences is also be created. The population of such country will be fewer than others but they will progress because they won't be working to compete with other carved out countries but working together for national development while still maintaining their individualities.

We have no idea how far we can go together! Children are being sold this same shit and they are my major concern because whatever evil divisional crisis has caused us, the children of today will deliver worse in years to come. It is my concern and a call for all to work at whatever capacity, to save our children from this mess because the oldies mehn, e be like a lost fight already cry

1 Like

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by sanusikebbe(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2019
I need peace. Let the matter be resolved and addressed once for all.
Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by Empiree: 10:28am On Aug 30, 2019
MacBan:

Go n read ur so called constitution and stop being silly.
Declaration of Rivers as Christian State-
To God Be the Glory!---by Umar Ibrahim Tafida

One of the most exciting news recently was a declaration by Gov. Wike of Rivers State in the presence of senior clergy men, that his state is a Christian state. Masha Allah.

Am happy that many men of God have shower praises to the governor for this ‘giant step’, including Pastor E. Adeboye.
I as a Muslim, wish to comment gov. Wike for this excellent pronunciation. Because as a Muslim, I will be more happy with a Christian state than a secular state.

However, after so much commendation and praises, those men of God should enlighten the governor and the entire state and the nation on how to run a Christian state according to the teaching of The Holy Bible.

A Christian state must be ruled according to the teachings of Holy Scriptures, this can be easily verified in the books of Romans 13:1-4, 1Peter 2:3, etc.

Below are some strict Biblical rules that The Clerics should guide Gov. Wike to impose in his Christian Rivers State:
1. All beer parlors and drinking joints should be abolished immediately, and drinking should be prohibited with immediate effect, in Rivers Christian State: Leviticus 10:9, Number 6:3-4
2. A lady should not go to church without Hijab (veil), otherwise her head should be shaved off: Corinthians 11:5-6
3. Human traffickers should be put to death: Exodus 21:16
4. All Babalawos within Rivers state should be put to death: Exodus 22:18
5. Anyone committing adultery should be put to death: Leviticus 20:10
6. Anyone caught insulting his parent should be put to death: Exodus 21:17
7. Mini Skirts, are prohibited for women, and they must cover their bodies: Deuteronomy 22:5, I Timothy 2:9
8. Anyone who forces himself to have a sex with a girl (not his wife) should simply put to death: Deuteronomy 22:25
9. Everyone must take off his/her shoes before entering Church: Exodus 3:5, Acts 7:33
10. Performing Ablution before entering church: Exodus 40:31-32
These 10 points are enough for a start of a good moral Christian state.
So I urge those ‘men of God’ to assemble themselves again in Rivers state, this time not shower only praises on the governor, but to educate the state on the strict rules of the bible.
What I expect of them is to admonish Wike not to destroy Muslims places of worship, but help them build it as in the teaching of the Bible.

1 Like

Re: Mosque demolition: 'Muslims in Rivers State, not under attack' - Imam Abdullahi by MacBan: 12:10pm On Aug 30, 2019
Empiree:
Declaration of Rivers as Christian State-
To God Be the Glory!---by Umar Ibrahim Tafida

One of the most exciting news recently was a declaration by Gov. Wike of Rivers State in the presence of senior clergy men, that his state is a Christian state. Masha Allah.

Am happy that many men of God have shower praises to the governor for this ‘giant step’, including Pastor E. Adeboye.
I as a Muslim, wish to comment gov. Wike for this excellent pronunciation. Because as a Muslim, I will be more happy with a Christian state than a secular state.

However, after so much commendation and praises, those men of God should enlighten the governor and the entire state and the nation on how to run a Christian state according to the teaching of The Holy Bible.

A Christian state must be ruled according to the teachings of Holy Scriptures, this can be easily verified in the books of Romans 13:1-4, 1Peter 2:3, etc.

Below are some strict Biblical rules that The Clerics should guide Gov. Wike to impose in his Christian Rivers State:
1. All beer parlors and drinking joints should be abolished immediately, and drinking should be prohibited with immediate effect, in Rivers Christian State: Leviticus 10:9, Number 6:3-4
2. A lady should not go to church without Hijab (veil), otherwise her head should be shaved off: Corinthians 11:5-6
3. Human traffickers should be put to death: Exodus 21:16
4. All Babalawos within Rivers state should be put to death: Exodus 22:18
5. Anyone committing adultery should be put to death: Leviticus 20:10
6. Anyone caught insulting his parent should be put to death: Exodus 21:17
7. Mini Skirts, are prohibited for women, and they must cover their bodies: Deuteronomy 22:5, I Timothy 2:9
8. Anyone who forces himself to have a sex with a girl (not his wife) should simply put to death: Deuteronomy 22:25
9. Everyone must take off his/her shoes before entering Church: Exodus 3:5, Acts 7:33
10. Performing Ablution before entering church: Exodus 40:31-32
These 10 points are enough for a start of a good moral Christian state.
So I urge those ‘men of God’ to assemble themselves again in Rivers state, this time not shower only praises on the governor, but to educate the state on the strict rules of the bible.
What I expect of them is to admonish Wike not to destroy Muslims places of worship, but help them build it as in the teaching of the Bible.

I won't join words with a religious fanatic because that alone affects the way you think. Religious extremism has a way of making one illogical. So bye.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why You Need To Make Heaven Your Primary Concern / I Hate Muslims Even Though I Shouldn't / Presbytarian Church Protests Against Herdsmen Killings (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.