Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,780 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks (11173 Views)

Those Against Buhari’s Ministerial Position Are Crooks – Presidency / Top 3 Crooks Under The GEJ Administration You Want To See In Jail / Gani Adams Reveals That 85% Of Lagosians Want Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 8:46am On Oct 28, 2010
^^^^

beef ko, shaki ni.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by tkb417(m): 8:49am On Oct 28, 2010
atampakoeg:

^^^^

beef ko, shaki ni.
i hope and pray and im working towards owning what u have on ur profile

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 8:50am On Oct 28, 2010
so shall it be bro.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by moonraker(m): 9:38am On Oct 28, 2010
@ atam

i really dont knw what ur problem is, honestly
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by ceasyc(f): 9:47am On Oct 28, 2010
80/85%? guess u've met dem all which made u come 2 dat conclusion = na d rotten bad ones many pass d ones wey no rotten bad = bull4kingshit hissessssssssssssssssss

but if true then na 9ja dirty blood dem get na grin. charity begins at home. u can take dem ppl outta 9ja but u cant take 9ja outta dem. e fit b hereditary too (crooks n corruption passed on from generation to generation) grin

d ones wey dey 9ja nko? i guess 99% of dem r crooks grin
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by seye4nii(f): 9:51am On Oct 28, 2010
But thats all the people abroad spend all their lives doing. Downgrading Nigeria and the people who live their. What can you say about that /aATAPONPON I  FINK U HAV PROBLEM<<<,,,,JEALIOUSNESSSSSSS
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by raycomray: 10:54am On Oct 28, 2010
excuse me sir, how did u get the statistics of 85%? is it by perception? this is a public forum and i think that we should be sure of certain claims we make or information we post for public consumption? nigerians are good people. true, we have some bad eggs, but, i doubt if all 85% in diaspora are bad
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by 1United1: 11:11am On Oct 28, 2010
@ Poster, I do not understand why you choose to be too conservative with figures. I think the correct percentage is in region of 98% or there about. Do not mind them after defrauding the whites, they use the proceed to buy cars and send back home posing as genuine business men. Expose them the more I support you 101%.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Olaolufred(m): 11:24am On Oct 28, 2010
Want to View this Topic from another Angle.

85% of Nigerians in the Diaspora definitely can't be Crooks.

Most work like or more than workaholics to survive.(40-45%)

Some very poor that even when they wish to be back home, can't afford the ticket.(10-15%)

Some do legitimate businez and make good money in Millions of Dollars(5-10%)

Some are very corrupt than corruption itself (30%)

May be we should say 30-40% are crooks

But still these are speculations not yet substantiated.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by tpia5: 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2010
so what are we saying here?

that 85% of nigerians abroad arent crooks?

where then do the media and naysayers get their stats from?

after all, if nigerians see nice photos of nigeria somewhere they always insist that's not the true state of the country, and slums, gutters, etc are how 95% of real nigerians live. Therefore shouldnt the same apply to other matters.

and these days to get a visa all you need to do is show up at the embassy, so what's stopping scammers and 419ers from becoming diasporans?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by tpia5: 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2010
seye4nii:

Dude, ure just upset at your situation in life, thats what I see! Deceive urself all u want, your miserable financial situation is killing you and ure upset that those "Fuxcking Yankee Dudes" come home all the time and snatch up all those gals that wont even spit on u even if u paid them to splatter your face with slimy phlegm!!! Crazy talk like yours is not limited to only you, trust me; I've heard similar from my mom's family memebers . . .  . I guess its a "Third World Bitterness" thing! People upset that their nephews was born in the United States instead of under some coconut tree in Buena Ventura.  LMAO!

Dont worry, I bet once your visa application to Tahiti gets approved some of your anger will dissipate. . . . at least u'll get to eat from McDonalds /invisible  i think u ar upset,,,,,,

you're so bitter and almost want to take over the thread as if na only you see am.

are you one of the crooks being discussed or why the matter dey pain you so.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by LeMoor(m): 5:44pm On Oct 28, 2010
Why is this even an issue? OP is probably correct with his 85% figure. If you read what he said, he said he took the figures from the people he knows.

Invisible, all i can tell you is, you need to change the circle you run in. If 85% of the folks you know abroad are crooks, might actually be telling us a lot more about who/where/what you are than it says about Nigerians abroad.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2010
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2010
seye4nii:

What the hell is wrong these creators?? what sort of beef do they have with NIDs [color=#990000][/color],,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, na bad belle dey worry dem

Bad belle for those in terrible and sinful situations? No, we are showing pity and brotherly love. We want them to repent or come back and cultivate their fathers farms.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Laajman(m): 10:34pm On Oct 28, 2010
Interesting!
Using the same logic, 85% of Nigerians in Nigeria are crooks, shikena.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by aminalib(f): 10:43pm On Oct 28, 2010
I do not see how OP is not correct, let's be real, universities in america have classes on the corruption of nigeria and nigerians, CNN runs special hour long segments about corruption of nigerians in the states, hmm go figure
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 28, 2010
Laajman:

Interesting!
Using the same[b] logic[/b], 85% of Nigerians in Nigeria are crooks, shikena.
Are you sure it's logic you have have here ? This guys think say logic na for olodo.what you have here is pure fallacy !
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 11:29pm On Oct 28, 2010
Laajman:

Interesting!
Using the same logic, 85% of Nigerians in Nigeria are crooks, shikena.

Does that change anything, does it make it any less disheartening?
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Laajman(m): 11:36pm On Oct 28, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Are you sure it's logic you have have here ? This guys think say logic na for olodo.what you have here is pure fallacy !

Another way of putting it is 85% of Nigerians are crooks.
If I think of the policemen who cant help but tax you, the conductor who wants to cheat, the artisan who wants to make a fast buck off you, your neighbour who is planning to rob you, politicians who want to starve you, the producers of pure water who want to dupe you, the list is endless.

Point is corruption and "crookedness" is almost a way of life in Naija. You can almost cut it with a knife!

@invisible--your heart is your handle, treat it as you may,
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 11:48pm On Oct 28, 2010
Laajman:

Another way of putting it is 85% of Nigerians are crooks.
If I think of the policemen who cant help but tax you, the conductor who wants to cheat, the artisan who wants to make a fast buck off you, your neighbour who is planning to rob you, politicians who want to starve you, the producers of pure water who want to dupe you, the list is endless.

Point is corruption and "crookedness" is almost a way of life in Naija. You can almost cut it with a knife!

@invisible--your heart is your handle, treat it as you may,

The yahoo boys, credit card scammers, robbers, drug dealers, forgers, car jackers, hackers, health insurance frausters, assasins and money launderers are all based abroad. They come back and recruit lietenants.
Senator Nnamani is an example of a foreign based imported crook.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 28, 2010
Do u know most naija scammers at home have diasporean naija agents in the course of thier fraudulent business.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by kabukabu50(m): 12:08am On Oct 29, 2010
Emzybrown:

Do u know most naija scammers at home have diasporean naija agents in the course of thier fraudulent business.
Emzybrown:

No,oops must have missed that ,but I know one thing and that is you definitely should,

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 12:25am On Oct 29, 2010
kabukabu50:

No,oops must have missed that ,but I know one thing and that is you definitely should,

Did you run away because of the Lagos riots? I hope you took your entire friends and family with you or you abandoned them to the chaos? Whatever happened to courageous citizenship.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by kabukabu50(m): 2:42am On Oct 29, 2010
invisible!:

Did you run away because of the Lagos riots? I hope you took your entire friends and family with you or you abandoned them to the chaos? Whatever happened to courageous citizenship.
this is what happened,partner
I'm ballin now.

Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 7:18am On Oct 29, 2010
kabukabu50:

this is what happened,partner
I'm ballin now.

Good man, and the slums you ran from still houses your family I guess? There is no running away from home problems, you will be back to face them. Its your country remember.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by atampakoeg(f): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2010
i wonder.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by bomly(f): 12:56am On Oct 30, 2010
Una wahala too much, it's a choice, some people travel for different reason, this is not about the situation in Naija, Some travel for Vacation, To Study, For Exposure, Trainning and a list of different things. Well do not blame anyone, Humans have their minds shaped by what they have learnt and experiences they have had over the past, it's a personal thing to choose where to stay, one can migrate to a different country and have a better life, we are already 146million in naija make we spread to countries when dey under populated lol, anyway in all Make we continue to pray, where ever is good for you is your home.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by invisible2(m): 7:48am On Oct 30, 2010
bomly:

Una wahala too much, it's a choice, some people travel for different reason, this is not about the situation in Naija, Some travel for Vacation, To Study, For Exposure, Trainning and a list of different things. Well do not blame anyone, Humans have their minds shaped by what they have learnt and experiences they have had over the past, it's a personal thing to choose where to stay, one can migrate to a different country and have a better life, we are already 146million in naija make we spread to countries when dey under populated lol, anyway in all Make we continue to pray, where ever is good for you is your home.
Nothing do you, enjoy yourself wherever you are and dont do crime. Thats the point.
Re: 85% Of Diasporean Nigerians Are Crooks by yingyue11: 8:26am On Oct 30, 2010
First and foremost, Google's pricing is simple: it costs companies $ 8 per user per month to save

their application on Google App Engine, each with a maximum of $ 1,000 apply. Gold for

WOW Gold on Google will also support SQL databases - and

better management capabilities - which drew a cheer the crowd. Amazon is thought the company on

application developers if they want to Buy WOW Gold this type of

service. Google thinks a partnership with VMware, there is an edge, so that Google App Engine

customers of VMware virtualization technology in Aion Gold,

use for their Lotro Goldin a number of different forums, rather

than just within Google services. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ex-convict, Corrupt Politicians At Pdp’s BoT Meeting / Nigeria Will Change If We Obey God - Osinbajo / #whatif: PDP And APC Loss 2019 Presidential Election?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.