Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers (20457 Views)

Court Issues Order Restraining NLC, TUC From Further Strike In Imo / Fashola Petitions IGP, DSS, NCC Over Fake News By Jackson Ude / Senators, Reps Query NCC Over Secret Recruitment Of 300 Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by Daviddson(m): 9:19am On Aug 30, 2019
Aonkuuse:
I did 2gb sub a day ago, and my first massage today was Airtel reminding that my data is remaining just 50mb. no downloads nothing.
Download Data Eye from Google Play and see the magic. It help you to manage what apps use your data plan.

1 Like

Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by majamajic(m): 9:21am On Aug 30, 2019
even though etisalat is fast. am yet to understand why MTN Lasts longer than etisalat.
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by Funkybabee(f): 9:25am On Aug 30, 2019
yes oooo. A big thief

how would I used 1gb for just 7days without IG or download!!!

it last me for month before ,now It's weekly stuff. God will judge them
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by MicroBox: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2019
Heffalump:
Empty promise

Oga minister, wait until you receive your combo cheesy

Nigerians are the most vulnerable people on earth because of lawlessness in the country undecided

Zico5:
Initial gra gra.By the time money change hands the treat will just go down. Na Nigeria we dey, nothing go happen. So Mr minister calm down.

So as a Nigerian all hope have lost abi. Nobody will ever go there and do the right thing. This kind of believe and behaviour is what keeps corrupt politicians going, it keeps giving them the feelings they want.

So as a citizen we can't charge anyone to do the right thing abi. Maybe you guys have not work where you're not trusted? At any slight opportunity, you will steal because you're not trusted.

Trust is a compliment. Many would do the right thing if you trust them. We need to start trusting and having high hopes so that if they fail us, the feelings of being betrayed would allow us to be able to bite them and fight back.
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by WalkerMichael(m): 9:38am On Aug 30, 2019
paddymo:
In india, you pay N1000 for one month and you will enjoy 1.5gb data everyday, unlimited calls to all local number, 100 free SMS for the same month. Same airtel network we have in nigeria but refuse to provide the same service.

This is what you get when you have analog thinker running a digital economy

Only God knows why these firms misbehave when they come to Nigeria. They work and act perfectly well in other countries.... This is shameful.
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by baratech: 10:03am On Aug 30, 2019
No be FG increase am before...
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by martineverest(m): 10:12am On Aug 30, 2019
JB4life:

Your observation is true, but I observe that this draining of data takes place even if I am not opening any app nor browsing anything, simply once data is switched on.
that's because apps are updating on background..u have to block that from setting
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by CioAngels(f): 10:13am On Aug 30, 2019
Hmm, like Mtn who is very dubious, I buy data and their network never works and expiration period they take back their bonus and your actual data. I buy 1k airtime and Mtn charge their bonus and my main account simultaneously. They will also at other times leave their miserable bonus and finished my main account and they will take back their bonus on expiration of their bonus which could be the next day. If you ask me to on what Mtn is doing to users, we are made to paid tax to Mtn to take back the fine Nigeria imposed on them. The Nigerian leaders are bloody gluttons, they talk tough on policy's and do nothing because they do not know what to do, shameful. Take the interior ministry issue on visa hike and US complained and Nigeria never resolved the issue but took pa Trump to hit them below the belt before they put lies together in response. What a big shame. Mtn/South Africans will continue to take Nigerians for a ride because they see the country as don't merit respect from them and the world. Take a senior man at the top taking 500mk as bride, have they not sold Nigeria birthright to them just like do to China?
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by CEOwatazs: 10:16am On Aug 30, 2019
maasoap:

What did you expect with the this 4G of a thing? Many Nigerians don't really track their data usage. Facebook and YouTube alone are enough to drain one's data. I do track my mtn data usage and I can confidently say that there is no cheating or sapping of my data. If I have 4gb of data, it would give me at least 3.9gb of downloaded files

Please how do u do dt, help a brother.... Glo av sucked me dry
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by Psoul(m): 10:39am On Aug 30, 2019
How can one be doing monthly subscription 3 times in a month. I wonder hw this data is vanishing ooo
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by RexTramadol1: 10:43am On Aug 30, 2019
Couponchecker:
Investigate mtn and airtel well.

Bro you never try 9mobile

4gig use in less than a week

Enabling ONLY WHATSAPP and MESSENGER

I just weak
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by alwayskak: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2019
ExAngel007:
Minister of Communications, Dr Isa Ali-Pantami, on Thursday, charged the Management of Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC, to investigate complaints by Nigerians about illegal data deduction by service providers.

Dr. Pantami, who spoke while being briefed by the Executive Chairman of the NCC, Prof. Umar Danbatta, in his office, said culpable companies should be sanctioned.

“I will push all Chief Executive Officers of agencies under the ministry to deliver effective and efficient service to Nigerians in line with President Muhammadu Buhari’s Directives,” Mr Pantami stressed.

He pointed out that all Chief Executive Officers under the ministry would be giving a Key Performance Indicator, KPI, time to time.

The minister said: “Under my supervision, there will be monthly meetings to track Key Performance Indicators, KPI.

“I assure you, everyone will be treated objectively, and we are here to support you to deliver your Mandate.”

https://dailypost.ng/2019/08/29/fg-issues-order-ncc-data-deduction-service-providers/

since there is no break down analysis of how DATA is being deducted like making calls are, DATA service is the biggest SCAM in the telecom industry...make calls at 11-15kobo per sec...but for DATA service is a sorry case..
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by shiftback: 10:56am On Aug 30, 2019
This administration is all noise and no action. They won't do a gaddemm thing. Thank God for plans like Airtel binge plan, we don't really bother about data as much as we used to

Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by clems88(m): 11:22am On Aug 30, 2019
Them milking us like aboki that milks cow. angry
All the networks are scams.
Glo that I used in getting hope , their network is so annoying now that you will subscribe and can't even use it to receive WhatsApp message talk more of browsing.
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by Leo588(m): 11:25am On Aug 30, 2019
madridguy:
Useless and toothless NCC. CORRUPT BUNCH OF FOOLS.

They must be guilty if not why now?
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by Leo588(m): 11:27am On Aug 30, 2019
Zico5:
Initial gra gra.By the time money change hands the treat will just go down. Na Nigeria we dey, nothing go happen. So Mr minister calm down.

Na my worry be dis ooo...person go start well but as soon as the fraudster hit am with white currency in dollar na, he will start jerking off
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by dangoteinlaw: 11:32am On Aug 30, 2019
Aonkuuse:
I did 2gb sub a day ago, and my first massage today was Airtel reminding that my data is remaining just 50mb. no downloads nothing.
if u want ur data to last up to 5days irrespective of the data volume purchased u better stay away from Airtel. Those guys are so terrible that even when u buy 100gig and it's up to 5 days u sub last they will disconnect ur line. Their Network speed is the only gud tin about them
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by OlujobaSamuel: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2019
I don't facebook, stream, watch nonsense on WhatsApp status, but nairaland, WhatsApp chat, twitter, yet the data no dey.
I use Airtel 3.5/4.5gb for 2weeks.
My last sub(expired yesterday) even no finish after I discovered a method. I noticed my most used site is NL, so I use freebasic to access the site and facebook if need be, then I use my data for mails and other stuff.
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by awoo47: 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2019
Offpoint:
To be honest and sincere: The only network I can defend is Glo, I know how useless their network can be, but swallowing data is not one of their short comings.

But let me list the major thieves accordingly:

1. MTN
2. AIRTEL

I can't speak for Etisalat, I've never used their network for once.

MTN 2gb data can't last me a week for just whatsapp and nairaland+ my mail.

while Glo 1gb can carry me for same purpose 14 days+

MTN are the greatest robbers of all time
I sub their 2gb data last week and connect to my PC to send upload 145mb file to my Google Drive... Not up-to 5mins I disconnect, switched off my phone, slept off... the next morning I got a message I've used 95% of my data. Called their desk, the responder was like "You don't to be browsing before you data will be running, if your data is on there are backgrounds app consuming your data.

I was like background apps kee you there, my ancestors are the one running bg apps when my phone was off right?

useless
my broda if u see scam wey dem do me dis week

MTN call me say i get 200% data bonus if i use 4g
after dem still send me message

i did d 1k sub hoping to hv 3gb as extra bonus

dem no give me anything

i call customer care nd dey said nothing lyk dat existed after dere own agent called me oo

I'm still in shock

hw can u call me nd send me msg to scam me

mtn re ntin but fraudsters
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by awoo47: 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2019
Kylekent59:

Stop watching youtube in 720p or 360 p. They consume data, like a 5 min video in 720p takes up to 40mb, but setting it on 144p takes like 1.5 mb.

Change your view format.
why don't u try watching 720p fr 1hr on mtn?

i can bet you'll exhaust 2gb
but d real data consumption shldnt be up to 700mb
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by Realmo: 12:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Abalado:
Is MTN that is the worst so far, like the worstest self,,, shoooooooooooo

Na true o.....they are very very worse o
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by Offpoint: 12:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
awoo47:
my broda if u see scam wey dem do me dis week

MTN call me say i get 200% data bonus if i use 4g
after dem still send me message

i did d 1k sub hoping to hv 3gb as extra bonus

dem no give me anything

i call customer care nd dey said nothing lyk dat existed after dere own agent called me oo

I'm still in shock

hw can u call me nd send me msg to scam me

mtn re ntin but fraudsters
Lol, I no dey pick dia calls, na scam dem be
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by TommyAnthem(m): 1:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
Were those Apps not there before?
martineverest:
don't forget some apps zaps data alot
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by Ebenebobo: 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
So what's the trash MTN a South African owned company is saying. They accuse Nigerians in there country and through MTN they exploit us
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by martineverest(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
TommyAnthem:
Were those Apps not there before?
u won't notice until u monitor it...mind u,as u update ur apps,it zaps more data
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by blueghost(m): 2:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
Enough is enough to the said groups concerned

Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by gomid: 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
Zico5:

Be objective
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by dochenaj: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
There is nothing like data deduction by service providers.

A lot of people have apps and services that use up their data in the background.

If you're using an android phone and don't know what happened to your data, you should check the data usage meter and you'll see the apps that are responsible for your data zapping complaints.
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by Freshmaxi: 3:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Pls this is too much.. The rate they are extorting money from their customers is too much.. Mtn.. Airtel are the worst.. They cut data like water.. Criminals..airtel 1.5 gb..is nothing.. Nonsense
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by DedeNkem: 6:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
Telecom companies in Nigeria are thieves! They extort billions of naira from their subscribers monthly and on top of that deliver very poor service!

Phone calls cut like crazy, call quality is abysmal, internet speed is very slow and sometimes doesn't work, no signal sometimes!

Few days ago Glo internet was non-existent for more than 8hrs!! No other country would tolerate this nonsense!! It happens here simply because we have very corrupt politicians who care less what companies do as long as they've been bribed!
Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by joncom(m): 6:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
Bluffly:
Must it be according to president Buhari's directive, can't it be a culture of best practices and doing your job right.
I thought I was the only one that saw it.

1 Like

Re: FG Issues Order To NCC Over Data Deduction By Service Providers by DedeNkem: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2019
Offpoint:
To be honest and sincere: The only network I can defend is Glo, I know how useless their network can be, but swallowing data is not one of their short comings.

But let me list the major thieves accordingly:

1. MTN
2. AIRTEL

I can't speak for Etisalat, I've never used their network for once.

MTN 2gb data can't last me a week for just whatsapp and nairaland+ my mail.

while Glo 1gb can carry me for same purpose 14 days+

MTN are the greatest robbers of all time
I sub their 2gb data last week and connect to my PC to send upload 145mb file to my Google Drive... Not up-to 5mins I disconnect, switched off my phone, slept off... the next morning I got a message I've used 95% of my data. Called their desk, the responder was like "You don't to be browsing before you data will be running, if your data is on there are backgrounds app consuming your data.

I was like background apps kee you there, my ancestors are the one running bg apps when my phone was off right?

useless

Glo is great with data but service is poor. Sometimes its internet stops working.

9mobile (Etisalat) is the best. And its internet is the fastest but the data is expensive!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prof Osinbajo Pays Tribute To Prince Bola Ajibola, Attends His Funeral / Tax Evasion: Peter Obi Invited, As He Presents 20-Year Tax Clearance / Lai Mohammed: NBC To License All Social Media Operations In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.