Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 (7375 Views)

FG To Auction Diezani’s $40m Jewellery And Houses At Actual Price / EFCC Insists Diezani’s $40m Jewellery, Gold Iphone Beyond Income / I Want EFCC To Release My $40m Jewellery, Gold Iphone – Diezani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by MediaGuru36: 7:32am On Aug 30, 2019
Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court, Lagos, on Friday, adjourned hearing in the case between the EFCC and Mrs Diezani Allison-Madueke, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Justice Oweibo fixed Sept. 2 in the case in which the EFCC is seeking final forfeiture of $40million worth of jewellery from the former Petroleum Minister.

This followed a motion moved by Rotimi Oyedepo (SAN), Counsel to EFCC, who said he needed more time to study and respond to the counter affidavit served him by the defense (Allison-Madueke).

Igbere TV understands that the former Minister is challenging the seizure of $40million worth of jeweleries from her premises by the EFCC, in the affidavit she served Oyedepo.

Mrs Diezani, who is currently in the United Kingdom, said the EFCC violated her fundamental “right to own property,” under sections 43 of the constitution.

She accused the anti-graft agency of entering her apartment illegally and taking the items without any court order.

http://igberetvnews.com/948941/court-fixes-date-to-hear-final-forfeiture-of-diezanis-40m-jewellery/

1 Share

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 30, 2019
Afonjas actually believe this

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Officialgarri: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2019
I really do not think EFCC should be dragging her jewelry with her. What is important is the woman be extradited to face justice here in Nigeria.

Jewelry that you will seize and the public won't know of it's whereabouts until it is secretely auctioned? Abeg jor

10 Likes

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by apesinola001: 11:34am On Aug 30, 2019
angry angry angry angry
40 kini
Naija. I hail ooooo
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by sheedy407(m): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2019
ok
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by WaywardSon(m): 11:34am On Aug 30, 2019
kiss
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by PureGoldh(m): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2019
9ja my country

But I hope EFCC do give account of all these treasures and money that they do recover?

shocked

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Simplyleo: 11:35am On Aug 30, 2019
As far as those pipo from that side are concerned, this woman is legitimately worth 1000 times $40m and accordingly, Buhari is just witchunting her because of "paltry" amount spent on jewellery.

I mean those pipo whose main occupations from time immemorial are armed robbery, kidnapping and prostitution but still go ahead to blame the president for making them take to such jobs.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by mixta140: 11:36am On Aug 30, 2019
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Authority1o1(m): 11:36am On Aug 30, 2019
Okay...

Possession of $40million worth of jewelry?which is a whopping 1.2 billion naira?
Why are these people like this?

Shouldn't this be the height of the age-long,or should I say 'dogmatic' political indecency?
This buy,with all clarity, from mindless loot,could have been used to at least to sponsor peoples' education or even used to re-envigorate some of the 'deading' sectors of this nation.

But honestly I am saddened by this even though the case has been taken up by the crime commission,because
as my people would say;
'Isi mkpi ka nokwa na akpa mkpi'
Simply deducing that though the money may be recovered, it would be re-looted.

If only this is a sane clime...

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by destiny322(m): 11:36am On Aug 30, 2019
Dem never still hang this woman Some cases no suppose reach court I swear...
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by wink2015(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2019
MediaGuru36:

Justice Nicholas Oweibo of the Federal High Court, Lagos, on Friday, adjourned hearing in the case between the EFCC and Mrs Diezani Allison-Madueke, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Justice Oweibo fixed Sept. 2 in the case in which the EFCC is seeking final forfeiture of $40million worth of jewellery from the former Petroleum Minister.

This followed a motion moved by Rotimi Oyedepo (SAN), Counsel to EFCC, who said he needed more time to study and respond to the counter affidavit served him by the defense (Allison-Madueke).

Igbere TV understands that the former Minister is challenging the seizure of $40million worth of jeweleries from her premises by the EFCC, in the affidavit she served Oyedepo.

Mrs Diezani, who is currently in the United Kingdom, said the EFCC violated her fundamental “right to own property,” under sections 43 of the constitution.

She accused the anti-graft agency of entering her apartment illegally and taking the items without any court order.

http://igberetvnews.com/948941/court-fixes-date-to-hear-final-forfeiture-of-diezanis-40m-jewellery/

Living in exile all this years has never been easy for Deziani.

The likes of Deziani, Obanikoro, Tompolo are going through some tough moment in their life.

TOMPOLO is afraid that President Buhari will kill him while he is in detention that is why he is running from justice.

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by inyenejo(m): 11:37am On Aug 30, 2019
Buharigg government have stolen far more than this in a minute , total money this present terrorists regime have stolen far more than what Abacha stole....Say no to apc...
Say no to buharigg....
Say no to one Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by inyenejo(m): 11:38am On Aug 30, 2019
Buharigg government have stolen far more than this in a minute , total money this present terrorists regime have stolen far more than what Abacha stole....Say no to apcshit...
Say no to buharigg....
Say no to one Nigeria....

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Rubicon67(m): 11:39am On Aug 30, 2019
chennaija:
Afonjas actually believe this

What is your problem and obsession with the Yorubas? Afonja dis, Afonja that...even when the news have no tribal or ethnic bearing.

Someone acquired wealth meant for all of us and you are here displaying your incurable madness and stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Nobody: 11:40am On Aug 30, 2019
Som1 cannot buy common $40 jewellery again?
What's the benefits of being a politician then
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 30, 2019
The notorius Mafia don Al Capone was convicted of Tax evasion, when they couldnt prove his involvement in crime. This matter is very simple, if you acknowledge the properrty is yours, show the tax you paid.....try Diezani on tax evasion and confiscate her property.

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Rodypipa: 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
These are some of the stash.

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by shogsman(m): 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
I don’t understand why this woman is not in jail already.

1 Like

Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by seanjy4konji: 12:15pm On Aug 30, 2019
40 million dollars...graduates dont have 40k in account...

nigeria.
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 30, 2019
Bonatheripper:
Som1 cannot buy common $40 jewellery again?
What's the benefits of being a politician then

be joking there with your future and that of your children
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by teadrake(m): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
seanjy4konji:
40 million dollars...graduates dont have 40k in account...

nigeria.
We don suffer for this wayo country oooooo
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by okosodo: 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2019
shogsman:
I don’t understand why this woman is not in jail already.
Because every thing you are hearing is media trial
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Sniper101(m): 3:42pm On Aug 30, 2019
jewelleries worth 40million US DOLLARS? shocked

show me just SOME of 'em lemme see and be sure.
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by akdjr(m): 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
Can't this woman come to Nigeria to face her charges?
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by akdjr(m): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
Buhari became president suddenly, Diezani fell sick Olisah Metuh fell sick and so many of them went into hiding....
Re: Diezani’s $40m Jewellery: Court Adjourns Till Sept. 2 by Lugianostar(m): 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2019
Naija my country!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

$9.6bn Judgment: FG, P&ID Head For Showdown / The Bishop Oyedepo N650 Million Road Construction Vs Federal Government! / Former Ssa On Media To Gej Post On Twitter about Buhari's health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.