Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,766 members, 7,824,216 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Pains Of Hadiza - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pains Of Hadiza (1200 Views)

Pains Of Love / Pains Of Hadiza / Syncityng Literary Lords And Ladies Show: An Interview With Hadiza El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pains Of Hadiza by KingAbel99: 10:11am On Aug 30, 2019
PAINS OF HADIZA

By #King_Abel

Episode 01 (beginning of the pang)
Somewhere in West Africa, in the Northern part of Nigeria to be precise, Hadiza was seen lying on the hospital bed, soliloquizing and reminiscing on all what had happened to her at the space of eight years.

"I Never knew life could be this cruel and wicked, my dreams, my aims, my hope has all been shattered by unfortunate circumstances, this is indeed a twist of fate!" She soliloquized Amidst uncontrollable down pour of tears.

I was Born into a wealthy home, came into this wicked world with a silver spoon but I lost it all,I lost everything. I lost my mom I lost my dad, I lost my family " She kept on crying and weeping profusely after remembering her unfortunate past.. Here is her story.
(Writers POV)

"Congratulations Mr Ahmed, your wife has given birth to a bouncing baby girl" The doctor said smiling and congratulating Mr Ahmed proferring his hand for a congratulatory handshake

" Alhamdullilah! Thank you thank you" Mr Ahmed said smiling and received Mr Smith, the doctor hand with overwhelmed joy obviously showing on his face

"Don't thank me, thank the good Lord" the doctor said still smiling and happy for Mr Ahmed.
Mr Ahmed just nodded his head in agreement and said " Doctor,can I see her now?"

" Not yet, don't be in a rush" He said tapping him on his shoulder smiling and walked to his office leaving him and Usman, his driver in the hospital waiting room to drown in their own happiness.
Mr Ahmed raised his hands and eyes looking up and muttered " Allah Nagode!(Thank you Allah)"

"How much can I thank you? for four good years of fruitless marriage, you finally hear our cry and blessed us. After all the challenges and pressures from my friends and relatives you choose to put smile on our faces. Allah ba wani kamar ka (Allah there's no one like you)"..Mr Ahmed kept on thanking Allah for blessing him with a child.

He has been married to Mrs halimat for the past four years, but there was no fruit of the womb. His relatives and friends kept on pressuring and advising him to get another wife, claiming his wife's womb has been destroyed due to countless abortions.

" I married halimat as a virgin,how possible is it that a virgin has done abortion before?" He said defensively to one of his uncle's who was advising him to get another wife, saying that his wife womb has been destroyed due to countless abortions.

He didn't heed to any of their advices because he love halimat so much. Getting another wife will hurt her so badly and he's not ready to share the love and affections he has for his wife with another woman.
. ***************

Halimat was seen sitting at the balcony of the house sobbing. Her husband walked up to her and tapped her on the shoulder,she jerked up in shock because she wasn't in her right state of mind, she was lost in a very deep thought, sobbing and cursing herself silently for not being able to give her husband a child.

" Why are you hurting yourself?" He said moving close to give her a comforting embrace

" I'm sorry,I never kn.. knew u were behind me" she said with a cracked voice and tears clearly shown on her face.she tried to wipe the tears but it was too late, Her husband had already seen her crying.

He embraced her and said" you don't have to keep hurting yourself,it's not your fault that we don't have a child. Remember that Allah's time is the best so wipe your tears, pray instead, all will be fine"

She kept on crying, but that didn't stopped him from assuring her that all will be okay until she finally stopped crying.

TWO WEEKS LATER

Mr Ahmed was seen in his office, concentrating on his work and documenting some of the months transactions in his computer with his spectacles on, making him look like an old and aged professor. He was in his early thirties, while his wife, halimat was in her late twenties.

His phone rang,he checked the caller and it was his sister, Hajiya Aisha who was calling

"Good morning hajiya" He greeted after picking the call

"Good Morning to u too Ahmed" she replied on the other end

" Hajiya how are you doing"

"I'm fine, what about you?" She asked

"I'm fine too. How's Alhaji Sadiq, your husband?" He asked

" How can you be fine, tell me Ahmed, how can you be fine" she pounced on him without answering his question.

" Oh not again sister,I'm very busy right now and not in the mood for this" he replied knowing fully well where she was heading to

" Why do you choose to let the family down? You are the only son of baba and ought to bear him a grand son" she said

"Hajiya, you already have a son and that child is enough to make baba happy till when Allah bless me with a child" Mr Ahmed said

"Oh yes I have a child but have you forgotten that you are Baba's eyes? He needs a grandchild from you as the only son"

" When the time is right Allah will bless me''

" There's nothing like 'when the time is right'. Get another woman that can bear you a child,not that LovePeddler you married" she said but this time, getting him angry

"Watch your tongue Hajiya. I married halima as a virgin and you don't have the right to pry in my personal affair or call my wife names. Have you forgotten so soon?" He said apoplectically

" forgotten what?" She asked

" Have u forgotten that you were fruitless after seven years of marriage before Allah finally blessed you with a child? Have you forgotten that your husband never married another woman in as much as you weren't able to bear him a child? Have you forg....."

"You now insult me because of that prostitute wife of yours Ahmed? You now talk back at me because of that slut?" She said furiously not letting him finish his sentence

"Oh cut the crap sis, had it been Alhaji married another woman when u were not able to conceive as you are advising me to do now, would you have been happy in your marriage? He love you and never wanted to share that love with another woman that's why he stuck by you and never married another woman. He hoped and prayed as I and my wife are doing now. That's why you were able to conceive and bear a son. Respect my decisions Hajiya and join us in prayer,let Allah bless us too" he said sentimentally

" I can see that she has finally gotten you but let me shock you Ahmed, she'll not succeed in ruining you and disgracing the family's name. I'll make sure you get another woman and bear baba a son, mark my words" she said in finality and hung up the call.

"Hajiya hajiya" before he could answer her back,she already hung up. "Why on Earth does my own flesh and blood hate my wife this much? What wrong has she done to deserve this much hatred?". He remembered five years back when Hajiya had hooked him up with a lady called sadiya. He agreed to go on a date with her but hated her attitude immediately he got to know her..

(Flash back) (Mr Ahmed's POV....)

I was waiting patiently In a coffee shop for my date. Hajiya had arranged we meet up there by 8pm but I was there before the arranged time because I was eager and anxious to meet sadiya,my date, that's why I couldn't wait for 8pm to come.

Hajiya had told me that sadiya was beautiful, intelligent, good mannered and from a wealthy home ( but I cared less about her wealth,I had my own money). I was sitted in the coffee shop and holding a magazine, was not able to concentrate on the content of the magazine because I kept on glancing at my wrist watch at a slight interval checking if it was already 8pm. I was feeling tensed, not relaxed and didn't fail to look around whether my eyes will catch my beautiful angel. I felt as if that was the first date have had in my life. I presumed she must be beautiful due to the way my sister described her. I kept on adjusting my collar, I was wearing a lilac purple long sleeves shirt and a pair of obsidian black plain trouser neatly ironed with the crease standing firmly. How can I forget the pair of shoes I was putting on that day?I was putting on an Italian leather cover shoe, polished and gleaming like a ray of sunshine.

I glanced at my wrist watch again and it was seven minutes past eight PM. I raised my head and saw a beautiful, charming and breathe taking Belle walking majestically towards my direction looking like an angel sent from above. She was wearing an all white bodycon gown with a little of blue designs on the edge and bosom. She wore an angle strap heels of sky blue color that graced her beauty with a miniaudiere handbag of a blue color that has the logo 'LV' meaning louis vuittion on it. I was still staring at her with my mouth wide opened as she walked to the table I was sitting on. She waved her hand at me smiling as she got to my table. That was when I bounced back to reality because I was so lost in her beauty.

I swallowed my spit hard and smiled back at her. I got up, walked up to her and drew the seat out for her to sit down. She sat down,I walked back to my sit and sat down. I was silent for what seems like 15 seconds with so many things running in my mind like "is she really a human? How can one be this beautiful.was she actually made by God? I kept on asking myself this questions until she broke the silence.

"Ermm, are you okay?" She asked sensing that I wasn't myself....

To be continued.....

I dedicate this episode to God Almighty who gave me the strength to pen down this story without much stress ��

Lesson: Always believe in God no matter what,keep on praying and believing, our maker never forsakes us. It may seem as if ur prayer is not being answered, there is time for everything so dont give up on him

Episode two loading.....
'

1 Like

Re: Pains Of Hadiza by Doubra12(m): 10:32am On Aug 30, 2019
Good story
Re: Pains Of Hadiza by KingAbel99: 6:46pm On Aug 31, 2019
PAINS OF HADIZA

By #King_Abel

Episode two (The date)
Previously.... "Ermm are you okay?" She asked sensing that I wasn't myself

Continued...... " Eh oh.. yes, I'm fine" I stammered

" Hi, I'm Ahmed" I introduced myself proffering my hand for a handshake.

" I'm sadiya " she introduced herself and accepted my hand

" Nice meeting you sadiya"

" Nice meeting you too" She said and I released her hand

" You don't like this place?" I asked after watching the way she was looking at the coffee shop

" Yes I don't. This place is too local for my liking, why do we have to meet up here?" She asked

" Actually, Hajiya told us to meet here" I answered

" I'm too classic to be in this cheap coffee shop, let's go to somewhere else, somewhere more luxurious"she said still using her eyes to survey the inside of the coffee shop.

" Alright then,let's go" I said and stood up. I went up to her, Drew her seat out and held her hand while we walked out of the coffee shop.

She told her driver to take her car home while we boarded mine. Wow! this babe is damn rich,her car Was a Rolce Royce 2019 model. We zoomed off and stopped in a luxurious and expensive coffee shop across the highway of kano state. I stepped out of the car and opened the door for her to come out, She stepped out. I stretched my arm out, she held it with hers while we walked into the coffee shop with our arms firmly clenched on each other.

We walked straight to an empty table were we sat. My eyes were busy looking at the inner beauty of the coffee shop in admiration when a waitress walked up to us and got our orders and left to get them for us. We were conversing getting to know each other more, she's quite interesting and absorbing. The waitress brought our orders, two cups of cappuccino and was about dropping it on the table but the tray slipped off her hands making the drinks spill on sadiya's dress. She got up with rage and gave the waitress a resounding slaps. Before I could intervene, she already landed three slaps on her face and raining abusive words on her.

" Sadiya calm down, you know it wasn't intentional" I said trying to calm her down.

" It wasn't intentional? This cheap slut spill drinks on my dress, the dress that can feed her entire generation and you are telling me to calm down?" She said sternly

The waitress was just standing with her hands covering her face apologizing. Sadiya didn't stop there, she tugged her dress with great effort and tossed her around like a worthless rag until she fell on the ground crying. The waitress didn't retaliate or fight back, she was just crying and apologizing. I held sadiya begging her to stop but all my plea fell on deaf ears. People who were also present in the coffee shop that moment rushed to intervene but still yet, sadiya kept up her actions. Out of anger and embarrassment, I left her there and went my way. She ran after me shouting my name but I was too upset to listen to her. Before she could get to me I already hopped in my car and zoomed off, what a bad date!! I exclaimed.

Sadiya was a spoilt brat, she was mannerless and lacked home training. She doesn't have human feelings or sympathy,she was just beautiful but had no brain. Beauty without brain is nothing but stupidity.

I got home, called Hajiya on the phone and explained what had transpired, but to my utmost surprise, Hajiya took sides with her, saying that what she did was the right thing to do.

" How do you expect her to react when a cheap slut spilled drinks on her dress" she said

" Sister, you surprised me. How can you support such stupid act? The waitress made a mistake and apologized immediately, but sadiya still slapped and tossed her around like a rag, raining abusive words on her. We are all humans, Hajiya, and ought to make mistakes" I said trying to make her see reasons why sadiya's action wasn't a good one.

" Are you siding with the waiter?" She asked me to my surprise.

" I'm done with this conversation sis, sadiya is beautiful but mannerless. She has no regards for people,too pompous and proud. I will advise her to go back to her mom for proper upbringing, bye" I said and hung up the call.

" Ahmed did you just.......(pon pon pon)" but the call was already ended. "Did Ahmed just hang up on me?"

That was how the diary of Ahmed and sadiya ended,that's if there's any story to write bout us. Hajiya didn't stop,she kept on disturbing me to hook up with sadiya again but I refused, I hate being embarrassed.

Few days later, I went to the coffee shop to apologize to the waitress that sadiya bullied. I saw her busy, serving some customers. I walked up to her and told her to excuse me that I want to speak with her for some couple of minutes. She just said okay, that i should spare her some time to finish up with her work. I located an empty sit and sat down. I ordered another waiter to get me a cup of coffee. He brought it and dropped it on the table, I just muttered a 'thank you' while he nodded his head and walked away. Few minutes later, she joined me on the table and apologized for taking too long

"I'm sorry for taking too long sir"

" oh no, you didn't take long and moreover, you were busy. Please have your sit" I said motioning her to take her sit.

" Good evening. Hope I'm not disturbing your work? " i said after she took her sit

" Oh not at all. Good evening to you too" she greeted

" Do you still recognize me?" I asked

" Yes I do. You are the man that came here with a lady that I spilled drinks on her dress out of my own carelessness. I'm very sorry for what happened, I swear to Allah, it wasn't intentional " she said apologetically

" No no no, I'm actually here to apologize to you for what transpired that day. I know it wasn't your fault, we are all humans and tends to make mistakes at anytime. If I could remember, you apologized to her immediately the drink touched her dress but still yet, she slapped and bully you which was very bad and inhuman of her. On her behalf, Please forgive her" I said. She sigh and said

" it's alright sir but I'm also sorry too"

I smiled and said "Thanks for accepting my profound apology. Please, what's your name?"

She smiled and said " I'm halima."

"Wow! Cool name. Im Ahmed"

" Alright Ahmed, nice meeting you and please, help me tell your girlfriend that I'm very sorry for ruining her night " she said, standing up

I giggled at that word 'my girlfriend ' and said " My girlfriend ?"
She was just staring at me without saying anything. She wasn't sitting, she was standing close to her chair

" Okay, I'll tell her but please, can I get your contact number? " i said. ..

" My number? " she asked like she didn't hear me clearly

" Yes. Please " i said, joining and rubbing my palms together in a form of begging

" ermm, maybe next time, I'm very busy now" she said and dashed out of my sight before I could utter any more word.
I just stood there, smiling as she left and mumbled " Wow! She's beautiful " and left the coffee shop

From that day onward, the coffee shop became my second home. I visit there almost everyday just to see halima and anytime I went there, she served me well but still refused to give me her contact number. I wasn't bothered, seeing her everyday was okay for me. Watching her smile and work hard alone,I was satisfied.

In a little while, we turned friends. She later gave me her number but never allowed me to give her a lift home after work. She always say 'no' with different excuses. But one faithful evening

" Hi Ahmed" she greeted as she saw me outside, close to my car waiting for her to close from work. " What are you doing standing outside? Ain't you here to get a cup of coffee?" She asked

" No no, I'm here to take you home and you ain't gonna say no, would you?"

She felt defeated and smiled and accepted for the first time after I have tried so many times before. I opened the door for her to hop in, smiling like someone who had won an award, she hopped in

" why have you refused to give me your number?" I asked, immediately i started the engine

" how's your girlfriend? Hope she's fine?" She asked, changing the topic

" she's not my girlfriend " i said defensively

"Huh? But you guys came to the coffee shop on a date the other day" she said, surprised

" yeah, it's kind of a date but it didn't work out"

" What happened if I may ask or is it a personal issue that you can't discuss out?" She asked

" You know, my sister hooked me up with her and the day you saw us together was the very first day we met each other"

"Oh. First time date and I ruined it" she said, feeling bad

" You ruined what? I was able to see the stuff she's made of, thanks to you"

" stop that. I didn't do it intentionally " she said Feigning anger

" That's not what I mean. I mean, you made me know her true character without much stress. Your little mistake saved my head" I said and titter

To be continued. ...........

Moral lesson : pride doesn't pay,humility pays greatly. Don't be carried away by material things,always be humble and nice to people, most esp the less privileged. You have now doesn't mean you should trample on the poor,remember, when u 're coming down u will always meet them there.....

#OfficialKing

Dedicated to precious Light..... my number one mentor

If u read this story and u no like and comment,give me just one reason y u go make heaven

Re: Pains Of Hadiza by KingAbel99: 6:47pm On Aug 31, 2019
PAINS OF HADIZA

By #King_Abel

Episode three (The Union)

Still on the flash back ( ahmed's pov)

Previously. ..... " That's not what I mean. I mean, you made me know her true character without much stress. Your little mistake saved my head" I said and titter

Continued. ..... "you left her cos of how she treated me?"She asked

" Yes, guess that's how it's meant to be. I can tolerate anything but I cannot tolerate seeing someone maltreat a fellow human just as she did to you when you mistakenly spilled drinks on her " I said.

She just stared at me and said " yeah, true but...." I didn't let her finish her sentence before I remembered the first question i asked her

"Hey, you've changed the topic right; I caught you" I said and we bursted into laughter

"But which topic did I change?" She asked, still laughing, pretending she didn't know what I was talking about. I stopped laughing and said "stop pretending, why don't you want me to have your number ?"

She stopped laughing too and replied " Actually, I felt that there's no use of me giving you my number and moreover, I don't give my number out easily "

"And who told you that your number won't be useful to me?"

"Okay, why are you bent on collecting my number? Have refused to give it to you many times but you don't want to give up. Guess I don't have a choice anymore but to give it to you so that I can breath in peace" She said and we bursted into another round of laughter

" Was I holding your breathe?" I asked, still laughing

I stopped laughing and said " i met your colleague secretly to give me your number but he refused, telling me that you don't like them giving out your number to strangers,did you really tell him not to give your number out too?"

" so many customers have been disturbing to get my number, some even went as far as to meet my colleagues like you did and they ended up giving them my number. Everyday, I'll see a new number calling me singing some lyrics to my ears, that was why I told them not to give my number out to anybody no matter what. I just hate being disturbed. " She said

" Wow! Seems you have so many admirers" I said, carelessly

"Huh? Many Admirers?"

" No no, what i mean is that you are very beautiful that's why they all want your digit." I said

" aww really? Thanks" she said, blushing

I smiled and asked " am I also disturbing you too?"

"No no you aren't " she replied sharply.

I kept on driving till we got to a traffic, I decided to change the subject of discussion to keep the conversation going

" Do you stay with your parents? " i asked

"No. My parents are in katsina state, I stay with my elder sister here in kano" she replied swiftly

"You are from katsina state?" I further asked

"Yes,I am. My elder sister got married and moved down here with her husband . I joined her few months later after finishing my youth service (NYSC) hoping to get a good job down here but nothing came out that's why I'm working in that coffee shop waiting till when I get a better job." She said

" don't worry, you will" I said, giving her assurance that she will get a good job

"Yeah I believe in Allah"

We got to her address, I parked my car at the front of a small flat, which she said was her sister's house. She thanked me and was about going in but I called her back

"Hey, halima you haven't given me your phone number " i said, smiling

"Oh, I almost forgot"

I gave her my cell phone, she typed her number and handed it back to me. We bid each other goodnight because it was past 9pm, before she went in. I saved her number immediately as "My wife".... a dream that later came true!

I drove home,called her few minutes later that I'll be coming to take her home the next day and she agreed but that was after the so much persuasion she got from me.

Days past. Weeks past, I kept on meeting up with her and taking her home every evening. We became very close and got to know each other more. She told me that she was a graduate of Umar musa yar' adua university and graduated with a second class upper in economics. I offered her a job in my company which she accepted with so much joy.

Flash back ended for a brief moment

(Writer's POV)

Mr Ahmed is the CEO of Double leathers enterprises Nigeria. His father was the original founder of the company but retired years later and handed over the cooperation to Ahmed being his only son. Double leathers enterprises Nigeria is widely known in Nigeria as one of the best leather producing companies . They produce leather bags, belts,shoes and many more.Since the company was passed on to Mr Ahmed, he tried hard to make it reach its peak in order not to let his father down. It was ranked one of the best and major leather producing companies in Nigeria by Forbes last year and He swore never to give up until it is ranked the number one. Mr Ahmed is a renowned and well known entrepreneur who doesn't take material things serious because he believed that after death, his wealth won't go with him to the grave. He indulged in charity giving, helping the poor and needy the best way he could. Many People call him a philanthropist but he said he's not giving out to be praised or to attract attentions to him,he give out because that is what children of Allah should be doing.

Back to flash back (Ahmed's pov continued )

Halima started working with me as the assistant managing director of my company (i knew that that position was too big for a newly employed staff but her brains made her got the position. She was very intelligent and got business ideas as an economist. She also graduated as a second class in one of the best university in Nigeria ).

That was a very big opportunity for me to be seeing her everyday (smile). I set a date with her which she accepted. We went out on our date one particular Sunday night in an eatery, that was where I confessed my feelings to her. She accepted to be my girlfriend without hesitation.

Few months later,she introduced me to her sister and her husband, I was welcomed warmly and entertained.they were indeed a great couple.

Eleven months later, I proposed marriage to halima and she accepted to be my wife immediately, that night was indeed a day I will never forget. I later introduced her to my father and he loved her the moment he saw her. From there, I took her to my sister's house to introduce her to hajiya. Hajiya welcomed her but when she got to find out that she was the waitress that spilled drinks on sadiya, she hated her since then. Hajiya's hatred for halima continued but who cared, she wasn't the one marrying her, I was so she should die in her own hatred for an innocent child.

Months later, we got married in a grandstyle. Our wedding was graced by well known business tycoons in Nigeria, the likes of Aliko Dangote, Mike adenuga and many more. We spent our honeymoon in Qatar and later returned back to Nigeria after spending two weeks there for our honeymoon.
We moved into the new apartment my dad gave us as his wedding present to us, It was a duplex.

Years passed, no child. We became worried and went for different checkups but all what the doctors we visited kept on saying was that nothing was wrong with us

"Nothing is wrong with you and your wife Mr Ahmed,just be patient, Allah's time is the best" That was what one of the doctors said when we visited his hospital for check up

But we didn't stop, we kept on traveling to different states to meet other professional doctors here in Nigeria but still yet,all the results came out the same (Nothing is wrong with the both of you)

We later gave up and decided to look up to Allah. We started praying and hoping that Allah will bless us with a child not minding what people were saying and the advise they were giving me to get a second wife

"Ahmed, don't you think you should get a second wife?" My friend, Suleiman advised me on one of the several occasions I visited him in his house

Will Ahmed heed to his friend's advice?

To be continued. .....

Moral lesson : Give but don't expect anything in return. Ahmed gave out not because he want to be praised,he gave out because that's the right thing a true worshipper of Allah/God should be doing... it is good to be good.

Dedicated to #Isabella_Alex.. the author of HIDDEN TRUTH.

Please add ur own moral lesson u learnt from this episode because it's impossible that u didn't learn a single thing all through. ..... I'm dedicating the next episode to 3 people that drop the best comment
Re: Pains Of Hadiza by KingAbel99: 10:03am On Sep 03, 2019
4 PAINS OF HADIZA

By #King_Abel

Episode four

Previously. ......
"Ahmed, don't you think you should get a second wife?" My friend, Suleiman advised me on one of the several occasions I visited him in his house

continued ...... " Suleiman, you surprise me. You know how much i love halima and you know that I'm not ready to share that love with another woman and you are still advising me to marry a second wife?" I asked

" i know but look at it in the other way my friend. She's not capable of giving you a child that's why you need another woman that can bare you a child" He said

"The idea of marrying another woman has never and will never cross my mind." I said

" But Ahmed,check this out. Even if you marry a second wife,that won't change the love you have for halima. Your father is old and he need grandchildren from you as his only son. Bro, I'll advise you to better get a second wife as soon as possible " He said tapping me on the shoulder.

I stayed quiet for what seemed like 50 seconds, thinking. Suleiman know very well that I'll not heed to his advice, why can't they accept the fact that its only Allah that gives children. Halima is not a barren, everything has its own time and I believe it's not yet my time that's why she hasn't bared me a child. It's better I stuck to my wife to the end than for me to bring in a tyrant as a second wife.

I stood up immediately and headed to the door.

"Ahmed,where are you going?" Suleiman called out

I just stopped, turned back and said "I'm out of here since you don't have anything meaningful to say"

" Ahmed,think about what I just told you now,it's for your own good" I heard Suleiman said but I already opened the door and left.

I entered my car and started the engine. I left his house premises upset and surprised that he could give me such advice instead of him to encourage me not to give up on Allah.

It's been four years now but yet,no child. My wife would come home almost everyday from work, sit on the bed sobbing. I would come home and meet her crying, all I could do was to encourage her not to give up yet and wiped her tears.

One faithful morning, she woke up from the bed and rushed to the bathroom like someone who's been chased out of her sleep by a masquerade. I followed her behind and met her vomiting seriously

"Baby what's wrong with you?are you sick?" I asked

"I don't know,have been this way since yesterday, Vomiting" she answered after rinsing her mouth

" You need to see doctor Smith, I think you are having fever or malaria" I said after touching her body, feeling her pulse and discovered that she was having a running temperature. She looked pale and sick.

I drove her down to the hospital and few tests were done to know what was really wrong with her.

We were sitting in Mr Smith's office waiting for the test result. Mr smith walked in shortly with the result in his hand smiling, why is he smiling? I asked no one in particular

" Congratulations Mr and Mrs Ahmed, your wife is three weeks pregnant " he said, handing the envelope that contained the test result to me

"What?" Me and halima shouted the same time

"Doctor,I don't understand, pregnant? What's the child's name? " i asked confused

"Huh?the child's name?" The doctor asked and bursted into a loud laughter

" Sorry,I'm confused. I don't believe this doctor" I said still unable to believe the news

"See for yourself " Mr smith said, smiling.

I tore the envelope with rush and brought out the result.we read it and saw that she was truly pregnant. Halima and I looked each other in the eyes,a surge of tears fell from her eyes immediately. I couldn't hold the tears too, a surge of tears fell from my eyes too. Halima kept on crying and thanking Allah for remembering her and bringing her out of shame. I was speechless, I bend my head, raised it back and muttered "Alhamdullilah! Allah ya tuna dani (To God be the glory.Allah have finally remembered me)"
Mr smith was just watching the little scene smiling non stop and congratulating us while halima was still crying and praising Allah.

During the period of her pregnancy, I didn't allow her do anything. I stopped her from going to the office, I don't want any harm to come to my child. Although, she disagreed and tried to argue with me but I had to beg her to stay at home

" Masoyya, Ina lafiya Kuma zan kula da aiki, bani iya Zama gida kuwace rana (But honey,I'm fine and will be careful at work,I can't be sitting all day at home)" she argued

" Na sani ama sa dai ki yi hankuri (i know but you have to bare it). You know how long it took us before you were able to conceive, I can't take chances so just sit at home while I do the working " i said, making her see reasons why she don't need to work for now until she put to bed. " and I don't want you to get fatigue due to excessive stress, you know" I added

She just sigh and said "Okay sir, your wish is my command " saluting and hitting her left foot on the ground playfully and it made me cachinnate loudly

"You aren't serious " i said amidst laughter. She laughed at her little joke too

" Okay, I'm off to work now. Please take Care of yourself and our baby. Don't do anything, let the house help do it including the cooking. Just go to your room and sleep,okay?" I said

" Okay I won't do anything. Take care of yourself too and drive safe. I love you" she said.

"I love you more" I replied and kissed her on the lips. I kissed my baby (her tummy) too before leaving for work...

To be continued. ....

Moral lesson : patience is a golden virtue. All misfortune is but a stepping stone. Every relationships have its pain in its own way, how to endure it is all that counts. Always believe in ur maker,he never forsake his children. No matter the condition u 're passing through in ur union,be it childlessness or not, stuck to ur partner and have Faith,all will be well even inside well...
Re: Pains Of Hadiza by KingAbel99: 5:27pm On Sep 05, 2019
5 PAINS OF HADIZA

By #King_Abel

Episode five
¤
¤
Previously on episode four. ..... "I love you more" I replied and kissed her on the lips. I kissed my baby (her tummy) too before leaving for work...

Continued. .... 9 months later

Writer's pov

Mr Ahmed was seen in his office one Tuesday afternoon, arranging some files and documents in his cabinet. He heard a knock on the door and told the knocker to come in. A tall, handsome and masculine young man dressed neatly on white long sleeve shirt tucked in a black plain trouser and black cover shoe walked in.

"Sorry for disturbing you sir,I just received a call from your driver that your wife was rushed to the hospital few minutes ago,she's in labour " David, Mr ahmed's Secretary said

"What!? Why didn't he call my number directly? " Mr ahmed said loudly

" i don't know sir"his Secretary answered
He checked his phone and discovered that it was on flight mode "when did I put my phone on flight mode?" He wondered

"Okay,thanks, You can go now" He said to the Secretary who just nodded his head and left.

Mr Ahmed picked up his car keys and rushed out of his office. He entered his car,started the engine and rushed down to the hospital. He got to the hospital and saw usman sitting in the hospital waiting room. Immediately usman saw him,he stood up and greeted him

"Welcome sir"

"How's she doing?where's the doctor? " Mr Ahmed asked with worries conspicuously showing on his face,not minding usman's greetings

"Congratulations Mr Ahmed,your wife just gave birth to a bouncing baby girl" Mr smith, the doctor said walking in before usman could reply his questions

••••••••••••Flash back ends (Back to the present)•••••••••••••

Mr Ahmed's pov

After remembering how I met halima and all the pains and humiliations we went through just because she couldn't conceive, I decided to call my dad immediately to break the news to him. I brought out my phone from my pocket and dialled my father's number. I hope baba pick up on time because anytime I call him,he always miss my call.seems old age has really visited him lol but he's just 78. Luckily for me,he answered the call immediately.

" Ina wuni baba, Ahmed ne (Good afternoon baba,it's me ahmed)" I greeted in my dialect

" Na Sani, Ahmed yaya kake (i know, Ahmed how are you)" He asked

" Lafiya Lau.Kai fa(I'm fine and you)"

" ina nan lafiya. Ya matar ka da dan da ke cikin ta? (I'm fine.How's your wife and her unborn child?)" He asked

" Lafiyan ta ,dama na Kira kane don ingaya maka ta haihu yau. Muna asibiti yanzu(she's fine.I called to let you know that she has given birth today. We are still In the hospital )" I said happily

"Alhamdullilah!! me ta haifa (Glory be to Allah.what's the gender of the child?) He asked

"Mace (baby girl)" I answered delightfully

" Nayi farin ciki
Ba zan iya zuwa asibiti ba, kasan nima ban da lapiya ne sosai. Ka gaeda min Halima da Jika na. ( I'm very happy.
I won't be able to come to the hospital, you know that I'm not feeling too well. Please extend my greetings to halima and my granddaughter)" He said.

" Ba damuwa baba, Ya jikin naka?(Okay baba. How's your health now?)

" Ina samun sauki (I'm getting better)

" Yauwa Baba, zan kiraka daga baya naji ya kake. Bari na kira hajiya na bata kyakkyawan labari. ( Alright baba,I'll call u later to check on you. Let me call hajiya and tell her the good news)" I said

" Ba matsala (no problem )" he said.
I hung up the call and called my sister immediately. Usman was still sitting beside me smiling happily. I couldn't hold my happiness, I dialled her number with so much joy in me ready to break the news to her. I know she'll be very happy.

"Hello sister" I said in a rush immediately she picked the call.
"How are you Ahmed"

"I'm perfect and very very happy " i said happily
"Why are you this happy? "She asked

"I'm happy because halima just gave birth to a bouncing baby girl. Allah has finally blessed us hajiya " i said

" i knew it,nothing good will ever come out of that useless wife of yours" she said to my surprise. She's supposed to be happy for us,what's she saying?

" i don't understand hajiya"

"Look at you,while others are giving birth to male,you are there happy that you have a girl. Take a look at your friend Suleiman,you got married before him but his wife gave birth to a boy three years ago and she's pregnant for her second child which I'm very sure will also be a boy. Okay,let me use myself as an instance. I have a boy but you,she gave birth to a girl and you call that a blessing from Allah? Ahmed wake up from your sleep and get a fertile woman that can bear u a son,not that destitute you married as a wife who it took four years to conceive only to produce a girl" she said. I was very very angry after hearing this from my own sister,my flesh and blood. When my wife couldn't conceive, she called her a prostitute whose womb has been destroyed due to countless abortions. Now she conceived and gave birth to a girl, she's still talking bad about her. I'm not sure this woman is actually my blood sister,maybe I or her was adopted because my own flesh and blood will not say this to me,she would have been happy that her brother is happy. I was speechless and didn't know the answer to give her so I just said "Thank you hajiya" and hung up the call.

"Ahmed. Ahm .... . (Pon pon pon ) but the call was already ended. Ahmed hung up on me because of halima today again? No problem "

》》》》》》 Two days later (Ahmed's pov)《《《《《《《《《

Halima was discharged from the hospital, I drove her and our new baby home. All through the drive,we were just smiling and praising Allah, I have never been this happy in my life. We got home,musa,my gateman opened the gate after horning for about 20 seconds,I hope he wasn't sleeping on duty today again because he's fond of doing that.

"Sanu da zuwa Alhaji (welcome Alhaji)" He greeted immediately i drove in. I just waved my left hand at him and drove straight to the parking lot where my other vehicles are parked. Our house help, musa and usman rushed to welcome us and assist halima in getting her things from the car.

I have a driver but I always drive myself, I employed him to be driving the house help to the market and any other place in case she needs some household stuffs. He drives my wife sometimes anytime she don't feel like driving herself but I enjoy driving myself, that's why I personally don't need his service.

"Sanu da zuwa Alhaji, sanu da zuwa hajiya halima (welcome Alhaji,welcome hajiya halima)" They all greeted

"Thank you very much " we responded

" congratulations ma, I'm very happy you had a safe delivery " Mrs maryam greeted happily and rushed to collect the baby from halima's hands

"All thanks to Allah " halima responded,smiling and handed the child to her.

Usman and musa congratulated halima too and took her bags from the back door. They all walked into the house happily while halima and I followed behind chatting and smiling at each other.

"She shall be called 'HADIZAT'.
H is for happiness, she brought happiness to us
A is for adaptable, for the world is full of unique challenges
D is for delight, a surprise from within
I is for industrious, she will be as hard working as I am
Z is for zany, the funny side of her
A is for assertive, she will be a great leader
T is for treasure, my most valued jewel" I told halima as we were walking in. She smiled and nodded her head in agreement.

To be continued. ......

Moral lesson : sadness can endure the whole night but joy cometh in the morning. Evening tears,morning joy.

#KingOfKingz
Re: Pains Of Hadiza by Ann2012(f): 9:39pm On Oct 09, 2019
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Stephen Frey's Financial Thrillers / Who Here Is Addicted To Vc Andrews / What Inspires/motivates You To Write?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.