Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Pains Of Hadiza - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pains Of Hadiza (444 Views)

Pains Of Love / Pains Of Hadiza / Syncityng Literary Lords And Ladies Show: An Interview With Hadiza El-rufai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pains Of Hadiza by KingAbel99: 12:57pm On Aug 31, 2019
PAINS OF HADIZA

By #King_Abel

Episode two (The date)
Previously.... "Ermm are you okay?" She asked sensing that I wasn't myself

Continued...... " Eh oh.. yes, I'm fine" I stammered

" Hi, I'm Ahmed" I introduced myself proffering my hand for a handshake.

" I'm sadiya " she introduced herself and accepted my hand

" Nice meeting you sadiya"

" Nice meeting you too" She said and I released her hand

" You don't like this place?" I asked after watching the way she was looking at the coffee shop

" Yes I don't. This place is too local for my liking, why do we have to meet up here?" She asked

" Actually, Hajiya told us to meet here" I answered

" I'm too classic to be in this cheap coffee shop, let's go to somewhere else, somewhere more luxurious"she said still using her eyes to survey the inside of the coffee shop.

" Alright then,let's go" I said and stood up. I went up to her, Drew her seat out and held her hand while we walked out of the coffee shop.

She told her driver to take her car home while we boarded mine. Wow! this babe is damn rich,her car Was a Rolce Royce 2019 model. We zoomed off and stopped in a luxurious and expensive coffee shop across the highway of kano state. I stepped out of the car and opened the door for her to come out, She stepped out. I stretched my arm out, she held it with hers while we walked into the coffee shop with our arms firmly clenched on each other.

We walked straight to an empty table were we sat. My eyes were busy looking at the inner beauty of the coffee shop in admiration when a waitress walked up to us and got our orders and left to get them for us. We were conversing getting to know each other more, she's quite interesting and absorbing. The waitress brought our orders, two cups of cappuccino and was about dropping it on the table but the tray slipped off her hands making the drinks spill on sadiya's dress. She got up with rage and gave the waitress a resounding slaps. Before I could intervene, she already landed three slaps on her face and raining abusive words on her.

" Sadiya calm down, you know it wasn't intentional" I said trying to calm her down.

" It wasn't intentional? This cheap slut spill drinks on my dress, the dress that can feed her entire generation and you are telling me to calm down?" She said sternly

The waitress was just standing with her hands covering her face apologizing. Sadiya didn't stop there, she tugged her dress with great effort and tossed her around like a worthless rag until she fell on the ground crying. The waitress didn't retaliate or fight back, she was just crying and apologizing. I held sadiya begging her to stop but all my plea fell on deaf ears. People who were also present in the coffee shop that moment rushed to intervene but still yet, sadiya kept up her actions. Out of anger and embarrassment, I left her there and went my way. She ran after me shouting my name but I was too upset to listen to her. Before she could get to me I already hopped in my car and zoomed off, what a bad date!! I exclaimed.

Sadiya was a spoilt brat, she was mannerless and lacked home training. She doesn't have human feelings or sympathy,she was just beautiful but had no brain. Beauty without brain is nothing but stupidity.

I got home, called Hajiya on the phone and explained what had transpired, but to my utmost surprise, Hajiya took sides with her, saying that what she did was the right thing to do.

" How do you expect her to react when a cheap slut spilled drinks on her dress" she said

" Sister, you surprised me. How can you support such stupid act? The waitress made a mistake and apologized immediately, but sadiya still slapped and tossed her around like a rag, raining abusive words on her. We are all humans, Hajiya, and ought to make mistakes" I said trying to make her see reasons why sadiya's action wasn't a good one.

" Are you siding with the waiter?" She asked me to my surprise.

" I'm done with this conversation sis, sadiya is beautiful but mannerless. She has no regards for people,too pompous and proud. I will advise her to go back to her mom for proper upbringing, bye" I said and hung up the call.

" Ahmed did you just.......(pon pon pon)" but the call was already ended. "Did Ahmed just hang up on me?"

That was how the diary of Ahmed and sadiya ended,that's if there's any story to write bout us. Hajiya didn't stop,she kept on disturbing me to hook up with sadiya again but I refused, I hate being embarrassed.

Few days later, I went to the coffee shop to apologize to the waitress that sadiya bullied. I saw her busy, serving some customers. I walked up to her and told her to excuse me that I want to speak with her for some couple of minutes. She just said okay, that i should spare her some time to finish up with her work. I located an empty sit and sat down. I ordered another waiter to get me a cup of coffee. He brought it and dropped it on the table, I just muttered a 'thank you' while he nodded his head and walked away. Few minutes later, she joined me on the table and apologized for taking too long

"I'm sorry for taking too long sir"

" oh no, you didn't take long and moreover, you were busy. Please have your sit" I said motioning her to take her sit.

" Good evening. Hope I'm not disturbing your work? " i said after she took her sit

" Oh not at all. Good evening to you too" she greeted

" Do you still recognize me?" I asked

" Yes I do. You are the man that came here with a lady that I spilled drinks on her dress out of my own carelessness. I'm very sorry for what happened, I swear to Allah, it wasn't intentional " she said apologetically

" No no no, I'm actually here to apologize to you for what transpired that day. I know it wasn't your fault, we are all humans and tends to make mistakes at anytime. If I could remember, you apologized to her immediately the drink touched her dress but still yet, she slapped and bully you which was very bad and inhuman of her. On her behalf, Please forgive her" I said. She sigh and said

" it's alright sir but I'm also sorry too"

I smiled and said "Thanks for accepting my profound apology. Please, what's your name?"

She smiled and said " I'm halima."

"Wow! Cool name. Im Ahmed"

" Alright Ahmed, nice meeting you and please, help me tell your girlfriend that I'm very sorry for ruining her night " she said, standing up

I giggled at that word 'my girlfriend ' and said " My girlfriend ?"
She was just staring at me without saying anything. She wasn't sitting, she was standing close to her chair

" Okay, I'll tell her but please, can I get your contact number? " i said. ..

" My number? " she asked like she didn't hear me clearly

" Yes. Please " i said, joining and rubbing my palms together in a form of begging

" ermm, maybe next time, I'm very busy now" she said and dashed out of my sight before I could utter any more word.
I just stood there, smiling as she left and mumbled " Wow! She's beautiful " and left the coffee shop

From that day onward, the coffee shop became my second home. I visit there almost everyday just to see halima and anytime I went there, she served me well but still refused to give me her contact number. I wasn't bothered, seeing her everyday was okay for me. Watching her smile and work hard alone,I was satisfied.

In a little while, we turned friends. She later gave me her number but never allowed me to give her a lift home after work. She always say 'no' with different excuses. But one faithful evening

" Hi Ahmed" she greeted as she saw me outside, close to my car waiting for her to close from work. " What are you doing standing outside? Ain't you here to get a cup of coffee?" She asked

" No no, I'm here to take you home and you ain't gonna say no, would you?"

She felt defeated and smiled and accepted for the first time after I have tried so many times before. I opened the door for her to hop in, smiling like someone who had won an award, she hopped in

" why have you refused to give me your number?" I asked, immediately i started the engine

" how's your girlfriend? Hope she's fine?" She asked, changing the topic

" she's not my girlfriend " i said defensively

"Huh? But you guys came to the coffee shop on a date the other day" she said, surprised

" yeah, it's kind of a date but it didn't work out"

" What happened if I may ask or is it a personal issue that you can't discuss out?" She asked

" You know, my sister hooked me up with her and the day you saw us together was the very first day we met each other"

"Oh. First time date and I ruined it" she said, feeling bad

" You ruined what? I was able to see the stuff she's made of, thanks to you"

" stop that. I didn't do it intentionally " she said Feigning anger

" That's not what I mean. I mean, you made me know her true character without much stress. Your little mistake saved my head" I said and titter

To be continued. ...........

Moral lesson : pride doesn't pay,humility pays greatly. Don't be carried away by material things,always be humble and nice to people, most esp the less privileged. You have now doesn't mean you should trample on the poor,remember, when u 're coming down u will always meet them there.....

#OfficialKing

Dedicated to precious Light..... my number one mentor

If u read this story and u no like and comment,give me just one reason y u go make heaven

1 Like

Re: Pains Of Hadiza by Itunubabs: 3:47pm On Aug 31, 2019
Nice story
Keep it coming biko

(1) (Reply)

I'm A Poet / Interesting Story About Tacha / Death's Day.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.