Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,091 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators (10917 Views)

LASG Begins Impounding Uber/moove Vehicles Over Failure To Provide Database / Lagos Traffic Taskforce Begins Clampdown Against Traffic Offender / Lagos Taskforce Clampdown On Okada Riders At Ikorodu, Arrest Riders - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by AutoJoshNG: 10:20am On Aug 30, 2019

The operatives of the Lagos State Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences Agency (Taskforce) have commenced a clampdown on illegal commercial motorcycle operators plying restricted routes including all inners streets across Lagos.

The Chairman of the Agency, CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi disclosed that the clampdown which started today had 125 motorcycles impounded for flouting traffic regulations around Ejigbo and Cele bus-stops.

He stated that the agency was compelled to embark on the clampdown, sequel to a series of complaints received on daily basis from innocent members of the public about criminal activities perpetrated by the illegal commercial motorcycle operators, both early in the morning and late at night.

He said: “We are going to make sure that there is total compliance with the Lagos Traffic Regulations by all commercial motorcycle operators in all our Local Governments and Local Council Council Development Areas as well as by those operating within inner streets”.

“In accordance with the Traffic Laws, every motorcycle operator must wear crash helmets, be above 18 years, not ride on kerb/median/road-setbacks, avoid restricted routes, not carry more than one passenger/pregnant woman/Adult with baby/Child below 12 years, not install any musical gadgets, must wear an apron, not operate beyond 10pm, operate with a rider’s permit and have their motorcycle registered with Government”, he added.

According to the Chairman, research conducted by the government revealed that most riders of the illegal commercial motorcycles are not from Nigeria but from neighbouring countries, adding that some of them are also involved in criminal activities in the State.

He, therefore, warned all commercial motorcycle operators to ensure that their motorcycles are duly registered with the Government as anyone caught would be seriously dealt with in accordance with the law.

While warning the general public, especially motorists to ensure that their valuable items are safely kept while in traffic, the Chairman solicited for the cooperation of all residents in providing useful security information about criminal activities around them to security agencies through the Lagos State free Emergency Toll Lines 112 & 767.

Source: https://autojosh.com/lasg-clampdown-illegal-commercial-operators/

1 Like

Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by megafaraday(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2019
Good development. They should come to Ikorodu road, between Ketu and Ojota to Ikorodu

3 Likes

Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by Nobody: 10:40am On Aug 30, 2019
Lagos is working!
Eko akete lipsrsealed
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by thesicilian: 11:08am On Aug 30, 2019
I wonder why they banned motorcycles then allowed Gokada and others to come in and be ripping off lagosians.

6 Likes

Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by youkala: 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
small london
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by dman4mdmoon(m): 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
Good development. They should start with Ikorodu road. Ketu-Ojota-Maryland! Those guys are nuisance on that road.

6 Likes

Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2019
That's great

Contact me and let me open a verified PayPal for you for just 2k
WhatsApp: 08124935653
Just one person needed
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
grin
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by PureGoldh(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
God bless Lagos State Government

God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria.

If you need Original Pure Honey

Call or whatsapp me on 081 0166 6771
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by chrischukszy01(m): 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2019
Who dem epp?
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by allanphash7(m): 1:16pm On Aug 30, 2019
Ilu ogbon
Amuatulu:
Lagos is working!
Eko akete lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by Nobody: 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
So manabbgrills won't have work again

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by Treasure17(m): 1:17pm On Aug 30, 2019
At least it will check mate their excessive recklessness on the road.
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by loverboy442: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
The Lagos state government are thieves! they banned motorcycles long ago for safety reasons. now they legalise O ride and Go ride because they get paid handsomely thereby endergering the lives of lagosians forgetting the innocent lives which was the reason for the ban. i don't blame them though.....in everything. i blame Nigerians for being the most gullible set of people on planet earth

2 Likes

Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by AerialMapper: 1:18pm On Aug 30, 2019
Progressive city! Introduce these conditions in Abuja and you will not have 1 commercial motorcycle operator. They are like rats!! VERY annoying pests constituting a nuisance in Kubwa, Lugbe, Lokogoma axis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by visijo(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
Apart from supporting Arsenal, what other things are you doing to show that you are not serious in life?

2 Likes

Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by iWasNotHere(m): 1:19pm On Aug 30, 2019
No other option. Armed Robbery to be on the rise
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by Duggedised12(f): 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
I guess GO kada ,O ride are the legal riders undecided
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by loverboy442: 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
dman4mdmoon:
Good development. They should start with Ikorodu road. Ketu-Ojota-Maryland! Those guys are nuisance on that road.
you see why i say Nigerians are the most gullible people on earth? why clamp down the cyclist and legalise Go ride and O ride? ask yourself these questions and be wise
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by lonelydora: 1:20pm On Aug 30, 2019
Gokada is playing this politics well. A king, I Stan.
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by INTEGRITYA1(m): 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
Eko o ni ba je.
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by loverboy442: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
Duggedised12:
I guess GO kada ,O ride are the legal riders undecided
my brother, I'm yet to get over that. these lagos state government are nothing but thieves
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by Charly68: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2019
Trust Lagos will maintain sanity of the system
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by UPLnews(m): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2019
Heart touching- Season why I hate my late Father.

https:///2UidNnj
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by loverboy442: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2019
allanphash7:
Ilu ogbon
you are being mislead. be wise man. they clamp down the cyclist. what happenes to O ride and Go ride? are they clamping them down too? if no, then lagos state government are nothing but thieves
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
Okay but why do I feel like Opay is behind this new move because weeks ago, Lagos State government approved of Opay and officials were seen taking pictures with the CEO of Opay so are you all also thinking what am thinking?
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by Abimbola198212: 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
That's an open access for police extortion..
God guide all
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by trippleKAY(m): 1:25pm On Aug 30, 2019
Please how do I get a riders permit?
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by Duggedised12(f): 1:27pm On Aug 30, 2019
AutoJoshNG:

The operatives of the Lagos State Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences Agency (Taskforce) have commenced a clampdown on illegal commercial motorcycle operators plying restricted routes including all inners streets across Lagos.

The Chairman of the Agency, CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi disclosed that the clampdown which started today had 125 motorcycles impounded for flouting traffic regulations around Ejigbo and Cele bus-stops.

He stated that the agency was compelled to embark on the clampdown, sequel to a series of complaints received on daily basis from innocent members of the public about criminal activities perpetrated by the illegal commercial motorcycle operators, both early in the morning and late at night.

He said: “We are going to make sure that there is total compliance with the Lagos Traffic Regulations by all commercial motorcycle operators in all our Local Governments and Local Council Council Development Areas as well as by those operating within inner streets”.

“In accordance with the Traffic Laws, every motorcycle operator must wear crash helmets, be above 18 years, not ride on kerb/median/road-setbacks, avoid restricted routes, not carry more than one passenger/pregnant woman/Adult with baby/Child below 12 years, not install any musical gadgets, must wear an apron, not operate beyond 10pm, operate with a rider’s permit and have their motorcycle registered with Government ”, he added.

According to the Chairman, research conducted by the government revealed that most riders of the illegal commercial motorcycles are not from Nigeria but from neighbouring countries, adding that some of them are also involved in criminal activities in the State.

He, therefore, warned all commercial motorcycle operators to ensure that their motorcycles are duly registered with the Government as anyone caught would be seriously dealt with in accordance with the law.

While warning the general public, especially motorists to ensure that their valuable items are safely kept while in traffic, the Chairman solicited for the cooperation of all residents in providing useful security information about criminal activities around them to security agencies through the Lagos State free Emergency Toll Lines 112 & 767.

loverboy442:
my brother, I'm yet to get over that. these lagos state government are nothing but thieves
the bolded is the motive behind this. They have collected money from O ride and the likes ,what more than to phase out competition.
Re: Security: LASG Begins Clampdown On Illegal Commercial Motorcycle Operators by dman4mdmoon(m): 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
loverboy442:
you see why i say Nigerians are the most gullible people on earth? why clamp down the cyclist and legalise Go ride and O ride? ask yourself these questions and be wise

Because those ones are regulated. They use crash helmet. They don't ride dangerously like your common okada who ride facing oncoming vehicles and ride on BRT dedicated lanes etc! I hope I have been able to disabuse your mind against the belief that Nigerians are the most gullible people on earth? Enjoy your weekend.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

South Africa Or Stay Back In Nigeria, Which Is Better / 5 Essential Safety Tips For Travellers / Lagos Port Gridlock: Business Owners Narrate Impact On Investments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.