Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,861 members, 7,828,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? (19681 Views)

Davido Praying To Win Grammy Award After Downplaying Burna Boy's Grammy Effort / Portable Bags Golden Stars 'Artist Of The Year' Award, Vows To Win Grammy / Can Burna Boy Be Referred To As The KING OF STAGE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by jaxxy(m): 8:32pm On Aug 30, 2019
I’m not so sure. Has he done smtn that wizkid and Davido haven’t done b4 or even femi Kuti?

I like his originality bt he wud need more creativity to win a Grammy.

5 Likes

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Patrictemmy(m): 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2019
[i][/i] With God all things are possible.
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Loveskid(m): 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
Yes now Bursen Burner is Lighting the world grin grin grin grin
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Aidejay(m): 8:34pm On Aug 30, 2019
devigblegble:
It’s a NO cuz Grammy is full of shI.t, I’m still wondering what Cardi B sang for her to win Grammy but I realized something in these music industry..... if you know you know
u should have seen my suprise
Cardi winning best rap album for invasion of privacy an insult toghe rap genre

4 Likes

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Ayodelejohn2018(m): 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
Nothing is impossible
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Chrisbeks: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
He won't win anything
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by exlinklodge: 8:36pm On Aug 30, 2019
[quote author=Umartins1 post=81766963]

And probably the only one who doesn't sing about the female genitals. Am I right?[/qukote]

He has too many things to talk about jare

Than women
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Lugianostar(m): 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2019
Nothing is impossible i must say if you belief in God and in yourself!!!

Burna who happens to be criticizing his fellow Nigerian musicians of craving for international collaborations is now job hunting for recognition

What an illusion

1 Like

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by iAmViper(m): 8:38pm On Aug 30, 2019
I CAN SEE HIM ABOVE
me can say we love him here inna jamaica than you Nigerians, his collaboration with darmian is playing repeatedly in kingsley fm
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by wristbangle: 8:39pm On Aug 30, 2019
It's possible but he needs to step up his game very well.

Sunny Ade and Kuti are Grammy nominees but never clinched it
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by babyfaceafrica: 8:41pm On Aug 30, 2019
Grammy is politics....

4 Likes

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by shogsman(m): 8:42pm On Aug 30, 2019
Y’all should dial it down a notch,Grammy for where.
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by shogsman(m): 8:44pm On Aug 30, 2019
exlinklodge:
Why not? People wey dey win am get two heads?

This made me remember the words of Martin Luther King Jr,

As long as the white men keep making you think you are worth nothing, you can never do anything or become anything.

So please, Nigerians stop thinking like a black man.

Grammy is another ball game entirely,he’s not even close,even Akon that has 5 nominations didn’t win any.
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Iamtflame(m): 8:45pm On Aug 30, 2019
He can. He has been performing great in the international scene recently so he could win a Grammy some day.

1 Like

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 30, 2019
45%likely. Grammy Award is a different ball game. Its not something like Afrima Or MTV. But if Burnaboy could appear on Jimmy Kimmel live show and Trevor Noah then its 45%likely for him to bag the award. Let's just hope for the First, that is appearing for Nomination.

2 Likes

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by theBaGG: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
vibbb:
Y not, burna is doing pretty good at the moment.
Internationally he can be reckoned with.

But then, when it comes to Grammy it's a diff ball game, if the like of 9ice can still be dreaming of Grammy till date despite his back to back hit from the early 20's. I doubt if burna can make it tru.
If he does then it's a plus for Africans music industry.

Y'all should stop mentioning 9ice. With those incarnation-like lyrics. Wetin he dey sing
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Thablownmindset: 8:48pm On Aug 30, 2019
of course he can, it's obvious Afrobeat is gaining ground even beyond boundaries we have ever imagined����.
After Wiz, I will root for Burna, Davido and Mreazi to get a grammy award because I know very soon it will come to pass��
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Olodo24: 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2019
Aidejay:
u should have seen my suprise
Cardi winning best rap album for invasion of privacy an insult toghe rap genre
it was a game plan. They wanted her to make history where her biggest competition, Nicki Minaj failed. It was even a very bad year for music. Cardi didn't have any competition in that category. Her only competition was Drake but they refused to nominate Drake's album in the best rap album category just to create an easy for Cardi since the other nominees didn't have hype. Cardi was the biggest breakout star of that season.

Anyway, Burna can get it but the question is.... In what category? Burna used to be underrated but he's overrated now. African Giant was so monotonous. It felt like I was listening to same song for over 35 minutes. He's receiving praise because he doesn't have a competition in Nigeria. He's slightly better than the others and the ones who are equally good as him (E.g Patoranking) are too lazy to create albums... Burna needs to shed some Fela weight and be himself for once

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by bjbjbj: 8:50pm On Aug 30, 2019
Grammy dreamers
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by KendrickAyomide: 8:51pm On Aug 30, 2019
PureFace1:
Nickiminaj, Snoop Dog and many other big American artists are still without a Grammy but you are here talking about Burna Boy winning Grammy
leave all these mumu people

2 Likes

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by grandstar(m): 8:55pm On Aug 30, 2019
LesbianBoy:
The best person from Nigeria to try and win the grammy is wizkid. Not only has he featured artists from America they have also featured him. Who be burna boy? grin grin

Davido and especially Wizkid went all out to be famous, chasing foreign celebrities. They create so much buzz about themselves regular especially with the way they spend money flashily and so on. This is to draw attention

Burna Boy's different. International celebrities want to colabo with him. Koffee, a Jamaican artist has covered his song Ye and others have sampled his beats. Even in Nigeria, I doubt he's made a third of the noise either Wizkid and Davido has made.

He's a lot like Messi. He's a natural genius with the ball while Ronaldo works his butts off to be as excellent as he is.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Laurene: 8:57pm On Aug 30, 2019
LesbianBoy:
The best person from Nigeria to try and win the grammy is wizkid. Not only has he featured artists from America they have also featured him. Who be burna boy? grin grin
exactly! Brown skin girl is the closest route to wiz kid Grammy due to the Beyonce factor

2 Likes

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Aug 30, 2019
Winners chapel

Cc tohyorsih2
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Mplify(m): 8:59pm On Aug 30, 2019
LesbianBoy:

Sherrap
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Laurene: 9:00pm On Aug 30, 2019
Iamtflame:
He can. He has been performing great in the international scene recently so he could win a Grammy some day.
which international scene?
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by PureFace1(m): 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
grandstar:

Davido and especially Wizkid went all out to be famous, chasing foreign celebrities. They create so much buzz about themselves regular especially with the way they spend money flashily and so on. This is to draw attention

Burna Boy's different. International celebrities want to colabo with him. Koffee, a Jamaican artist has covered his song Ye and others have sampled his beats. Even in Nigeria, I doubt he's made a third of the noise either Wizkid and Davido has made.

He's a lot like Messi. He's a natural genius with the ball while Ronaldo works his butts off to be as excellent as he is.

So much hype for that piece of trash lol
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Laurene: 9:02pm On Aug 30, 2019
Anekeu:
45%likely. Grammy Award is a different ball game. Its not something like Afrima Or MTV. But if Burnaboy could appear on Jimmy Kimmel live show and Trevor Noah then its 45%likely for him to bag the award. Let's just hope for the First, that is appearing for Nomination.
so appearing in Jimmy kemmel is a sure ticket to grammy? Even j cole and Nicki Minaj don't have grammy. Nigerians and their over sentimentality. You guys think everything is luck

6 Likes

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Mplify(m): 9:05pm On Aug 30, 2019
PureFace1:
Nickiminaj, Snoop Dog and many other big American artists are still without a Grammy but you are here talking about Burna Boy winning Grammy

Even Akon is still without a Grammy

If Akon can still be without Grammy despite his fame in USA and around the World imagine Burna Boy lol

Bros there's something called GRACE. It makes the unqualified, QUALIFIED!!!

3 Likes

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Vacora(m): 9:06pm On Aug 30, 2019
Olodo24:
it was a game plan. They wanted her to make history where her biggest competition, Nicki Minaj failed. It was even a very bad year for music. Cardi didn't have any competition in that category. Her only competition was Drake but they refused to nominate Drake's album in the best rap album category just to create an easy for Cardi since the other nominees didn't have hype. Cardi was the biggest breakout star of that season.

Anyway, Burna can get it but the question is.... In what category? Burna used to be underrated but he's overrated now. African Giant was so monotonous. It felt like I was listening to same song for over 35 minutes. He's receiving praise because he doesn't have a competition in Nigeria. He's slightly better than the others and the ones who are equally good as him (E.g Patoranking) are too lazy to create albums... Burna needs to shed some Fela weight and be himself for once

Beg to differ on the nominations for the Best HipHop/Rap album, the strongest contender was Travis Scott. His album Astroworld was applauded and his tours or shows are so energetic and wild. As for Burna Boy, he is following a different lane as per ‘ Afrofusion’ He is defining his own sound and Fela is his foundation. He could win a Grammy but he will need to continue pushing his craft whether the Grammies recognise him or not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Celebrities At Benue State Youth Fiesta. / Kizz Daniel, EMPIRE - Cough (Official Video) / Davido's 'IF' Sells 500,000 Copies In The US, Certified Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.