Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,983 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? (19655 Views)

Davido Praying To Win Grammy Award After Downplaying Burna Boy's Grammy Effort / Portable Bags Golden Stars 'Artist Of The Year' Award, Vows To Win Grammy / Can Burna Boy Be Referred To As The KING OF STAGE? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by bluestreak(m): 6:01am On Aug 31, 2019
Your analysis is quite logical which I appreciate. However, you can't compare a non American competing with Americans on their soil. Many have also beat that though for example Drake originally from Canada.
In this case, Burna would be competing in the World song category where the likes of Sunny Ade, Femi and Seun Kuti have been previously opportuned to grace. I'm quite optimistic he wins because he is truly the African Giant. He pronounced it to reality on himself.
PureFace1:
Nickiminaj, Snoop Dog and many other big American artists are still without a Grammy but you are here talking about Burna Boy winning Grammy

Even Akon is still without a Grammy

If Akon can still be without Grammy despite his fame in USA and around the World imagine Burna Boy lol
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by urahara(m): 6:41am On Aug 31, 2019
devigblegble:
It’s a NO cuz Grammy is full of shI.t, I’m still wondering what Cardi B sang for her to win Grammy but I realized something in these music industry..... if you know you know

Cardi b was featured in a bruna Mars sing that wjn Grammy .Thats how she won it
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Jollof123: 7:56am On Aug 31, 2019
vibbb:
Y not, burna is doing pretty good at the moment.
Internationally he can be reckoned with.

But then, when it comes to Grammy it's a diff ball game, if the like of 9ice can still be dreaming of Grammy till date despite his back to back hit from the early 20's. I doubt if burna can make it tru.
If he does then it's a plus for Africans music industry.

9ice deserves Grammy. He has been consistent in his career...since 9ice can't win it anymore then I wish oluwaburna wins it.
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by JJmubby: 7:59am On Aug 31, 2019
Bossontop:
undecided
Grammy??

No. 1 he is black
No. 2 he is african
No. 3 he is nigerian

[img]https://media1./images/a267d636f200b5081f6f48dd6e8a49e9/tenor.gif?itemid=13494660[/img]

So you tell me!!

Your comment shows that you're a dumb ass and a big tard. He is black?! Is kendrick lamar or Lilwayne white?? Why did they win grammys like its a piece of cake?! . I case you didn't know, there are lots of African artists who get nominations on Grammy, even drake ft wizkid one dance got a Grammy nomination.
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Jollof123: 8:16am On Aug 31, 2019
abdulkayus:

Maybe u are not a Yoruba, so u wouldn't understand what 9ice said in his music. But that guy is one of the few musicians we have that sing with deep lyrics that make sense. Even elder people in Yoruba land listen to his music because of his lyrics.

9ice remains my number 1 till today. Followed by oluwaburna and Simi in female category.
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Hoodbilonia: 8:42am On Aug 31, 2019
Abegi
Burn kor
Na ni
Nor be only win grammy
He for win emmys
U feel say grammy na beans
Dnt forget he still does street/g/yahoo
Abegi

Nonsense senseless songs
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Mraproko1: 9:58am On Aug 31, 2019
Oluwa burna
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by BluntBoy(m): 11:30am On Aug 31, 2019
Bossontop:
undecided
Grammy??

No. 1 he is black
No. 2 he is african
No. 3 he is nigerian

[img]https://media1./images/a267d636f200b5081f6f48dd6e8a49e9/tenor.gif?itemid=13494660[/img]

So you tell me!!

Youssou N’Dour, Ali Farka Touré, and Angelique Kidjo are some of the black Africans who have won the Grammys.

Angelique Kidjo even has 3 Grammys.

So, you can see that it possible for black Africans to also win Grammy Awards.

However, an African who wants to win must put in extra energy than their counterparts from other continents.

Global awards don't come easy for Africans, especially. I don't know why. But where an album can win a Grammy for an American singer, an African singer might need 4-5 consistently great albums to even get a nomination.

But can Burna Boy win? I doubt it. If the likes of Femi Anikulapo Kuti who command great stage performances (the likes of which you hardly see in today's world where most of our artistes are helped by studio tricks) has not even won a Grammy before, I doubt if Burna Boy can win it.

He could help himself by doing more live shows to convince people of his talent. He could do more for himself by enrolling in a music class to have a better understanding of music.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2019
Deola2020:
Winners chapel

Cc tohyorsih2

Sure na! he's gonna win it over and over again

1 Like

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by virago(f): 12:31pm On Aug 31, 2019
LesbianBoy:
The best person from Nigeria to try and win the grammy is wizkid. Not only has he featured artists from America they have also featured him. Who be burna boy? grin grin

Both of them can't win it in a thousand years
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 31, 2019
tohyorsih2:

Sure na! he's gonna win it over and over again

Winners golden bet ni,this is his peak he can't go higher than this,dem him papa like lagbaja,tuface,femi and fela no win ammm

1 Like

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 31, 2019
Deola2020:

Winners golden bet no,this is his peak he can't go higher than this,dem him papa like lagbaja,tuface,femi and fela no win ammm

Stop saying that nigga!

He will surely go higher than this. E go shock you
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2019
tohyorsih2:

Stop saying that nigga!

He will surely go higher than this. E go shock you

Shey make we bet ni,e no go ever win am
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
Deola2020:

Shey make we bet ni,e no go ever win am

Oya! how much?
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 31, 2019
tohyorsih2:

Oya! how much?

How much are you willing to lose grin kiss
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
Deola2020:

How much are you willing to lose grin kiss

Lose? come off that pls!

I'm willing to win ten thousand naira kiss kiss
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 31, 2019
tohyorsih2:

Lose? come off that pls!

I'm willing to win ten thousand naira kiss kiss

grin grin....ok now...las las,we go use your money chop congee and meatballs, hehehetongue
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 31, 2019
Deola2020:

grin grin....ok now...las las,we go use your money chop congee and meatballs, hehehetongue

I agree! no wahala wink
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Greatzeus(m): 7:05pm On Aug 31, 2019
Grammy is not about good music. I am speaking for hip-hop. 80% of all hip-hop songs or albums who have won Grammy are wack or sell out or mainstream ass lickers. Whites hate hardcore or street rap that's why the greatest rap artists of all time never won it.
Grammy is not about great music per se,it's more about Mainstream (White Americans) acceptance,validation and vote.
By mainstream I mean American Media Giants and White population.

1 Like

Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by omoba9jeria: 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2019
https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OGC.2418d3fc166931aaed127edfe451fa9b&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.%2fmedia%2f10OC47gvP2BKJa%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=Z7v7SPzil5pYbJVnwZ0faA
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by sangresan(m): 4:07am On Sep 05, 2019
medolab90:

You obviously don't know what good music is... maybe you prefer all this "I love you baby" lyrics.

Are you dumb or just being mischievous?

I don't listen to Burna Boy's trash which makes little sense when I could listen to Fela and Bob Marley.
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by thelilnegro(m): 1:58am On Oct 28, 2019
Laurene:
so appearing in Jimmy kemmel is a sure ticket to grammy? Even j cole and Nicki Minaj don't have grammy. Nigerians and their over sentimentality. You guys think everything is luck
What did you smoke?
Nicki doesn't have a Grammy?
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Laurene: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2019
thelilnegro:

What did you smoke?
Nicki doesn't have a Grammy?
I smoked your brain. Nicki doesn't have a Grammy Google it
Re: Can Burna Boy Win Grammy? by Umartins1(m): 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2019
Now that Burna Boy has been nominated for the Grammy, can we take a look back at this?

Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NEW MUSIC : Wizkid Ft Rihanna - "SWEET" / Pictures Of Celebrities At Benue State Youth Fiesta. / Davido's 'IF' Sells 500,000 Copies In The US, Certified Gold

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.