Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable (40051 Views)

Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! / Are Nigerian Graduates Employable? / Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable by Nicoddemus(m): 3:46am On Sep 02, 2019
AntiWailer:
Yea

But they come and blame Buhari.

As a hiring Manager, I have tried to fill just 6 roles before.

My team and I interviewed over 25 candidates and NONE was worth it.

During your own time did you worth it?. Didn't you learn in the job?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable by Nicoddemus(m): 4:23am On Sep 02, 2019
AntiWailer:

Thanks.

You see. Yourself can't even make a simple correct sentence
Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable by wacuc0: 9:27am On Sep 02, 2019
Ask why is Dangote investing? Our Government is we. My write up goes to mention people who were in government, not me and you. The way we look at life matters a lot which will transform to leadership and governance. Where Nigerians has gone to developed places with good government, the same character is still portrayed, which boils out the way blacks view life. The syndrome of I will succeed alone, and show other I have arrived. Can you think out why the called the small generator "I better pass my neighbor". We are much more after the downfall of our neighbor.

Goods are cheaper overseas because thy are joined business, pulling funds and expertise together, ours are single handled business. This Nairaland started the same time Facebook started. US and Canadian Angel Investors invested over 130million dollars on it (First investment oo). We can see the difference. Summary is that we are not cooperate investors.

Let me give you one simple example if you are sports lover. For over many years Nigeria FA has been battling who will show Nigerian League on Television and could not arrive to any. DSTV came and started it, the same NFF stopped them. MTN is making billions. Econet the first mobile network could not succeed. Hi-TV won the right to televise Premiership, they could not succeed, Super sports took over and succeeded.

We love Socials, Sex, Religion and Materials things more than entrepreneurship. Just have time to do a small research on this, you will understand it.
A country where any man who dies die with his business, it is not government that did it.

Innoson has refused to open up his business. How many Nigerians are buying his cars. India does not use imported cars. TATA is now one of the highest employment of labour in the world.

Another example is JAMB, for over 9years JAMB did not make any profile selling forms at 5k. A business minded person came there reduced the form to 3,500 the same year remitted 5billion naira to government as profit.

Put similar person in NUC, our universities will remit over 50Billion naira to government. As why is a vice-chancellor building a 5 star hotel valued over 500milion naira (Hope you heard that news).

It pains me a lot, let me stop here my friend.

chrismex:

No body is telling the government to spoon feed the citizens. You mention of people not investing in country have you asked why. What is the meaning of government. Why is it cheap to refine crude outside the country than in our country. Why is imported goods cheaper than local made. Why is it so easy to import but very very difficult and complicating to export. Is all this fault of the citizens?

Government is everything you need to understand the characteristics of government.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable by africa4ever: 10:00am On Sep 03, 2019

Re: Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable by tck2000(m): 12:07pm On Oct 31, 2019
Elijahrona:
So true... If the government can focus on inculcating the spirit of entrepreneurship into we the youths, there will be nothing like increase in unemployment anymore.

The government cannot employ everyone neither should the citizens be reliant on the government for jobs. Empower people to become entrepreneurs.

Not just that though... The environment should be favorable as well:
- good and safe road to transport goods
- source of constant (or almost-constant) electricity so operations can flow
- Rewards (in the form of support) to entrepreneurs doing well so they'll be eager to continue...

Well... Since the government are not doing these things yet (not that I know of), we can build ourselves and not just wait for a "government" to help us... Start with a small step till the dream becomes the reality.
Apt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason / Ecobank Graduate Trainee 2021 / Job Winning CV...(Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.