Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! (10271 Views)

Are Nigerian Graduates Employable? / Covid-19 Pandemic Has Proved That Nigerian Graduates Are Highly Employable / Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by marienl: 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
I have had many experience interacting with people who need work
They like to Show their CV and certification which at the end they cant even follow simple instructions right
I wonder how many of them get their qualification?
This nation has a very long way to go no wonder we will even prefer to hire white man to come do work here because of experience.
You people should go and change

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by 1TrippleCee: 1:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
True. Same here

6 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by marienl: 1:08pm On Dec 17, 2023
1TrippleCee:
True. Same here
I have been keeping it in me since
but my recent intention to train unemployed people to become social media assistant is very frustrating and yet am doing it for free
You wont even imagine some are calling a free training that no one asked them money for here scam without following through at all.

13 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by 1TrippleCee: 1:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
marienl:

but my recent intention to train unemployed people to become social media assistant is very frustrating and yet am doing it for free
You wont even imagine some are calling a free training that no one asked them money for here scam without following through at all.

I have trained close to 500 in the past five years. Also majorly here too. I do not charge. I have taken some in to leave with me all end up disappointing to even stealing my items. Only very few have turned up to the moment that my work showed. Those ones have moved on to setup their own businesses. But the percentage is small. Very very small. Majority just want the results and nothing else they don't want to go through the process of getting the results

35 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Ms202309: 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2023
cool

The difference between international HR and Nigerian HR

International HR actually give you work training and orientation to make your work better

Nigerian HR only cares about that Certificate you got many years ago, no retraining or orientation

I can still remember two different occasions

1: recruitment at Whogohost Lagos Nigeria

2: recruitment by Grand Excelsior Hotel Sharjah UAE

Whogohost wants a ready made IT guy

Grand Excelsior Hotel want a tailored made IT guy that would get trained atleast 3 months on basics of the Company

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by TimT: 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
We put more effort in academic papers, and less effort in practical skills...
That's why it's easy for us to rush and finish secondary school, university, masters and PhD .. and yet end up not gainfully employed for long .. but funny enough, we can't spare like 2 or 3 years learning a particular skills....
And it's easier to cheat and bribe your way just to get certificate than defend a particular skill..
Many Nigerians are UNSKILLED...
If "Developed" countries sees the needs for and are looking for skilled immigrants, then Nigeria that is "Developing" are under valuing skills, then we still have a long way to go

24 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by marienl: 2:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
TimT:
We put more effort in academic papers, and less effort in practical skills...
That's why it's easy for us to rush and finish secondary school, university, masters and PhD .. and yet end up not gainfully employed for long .. but funny enough, we can't spare like 2 or 3 years learning a particular skills....
And it's easier to cheat and bribe your way just to get certificate than defend a particular skill..
Many Nigerians are UNSKILLED...
If "Developed" countries sees the needs for and are looking for skilled immigrants, then Nigeria that is "Developing" are under valuing skills, then we still have a long way to go

You took it out of my mouth many of them cant even do simple task
They cant even put mind to learn practical things
And yet despite we cry unemployment many people would rather sell their house to send children to school
Children who will end up unemployed or getting paid peanut because they failed to maximize the advantage of their education because of little to no practical experience.

13 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by LegallyBlunt: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2023
marienl:
They like to Show their CV and certification which at the end they cant even follow simple instructions right
This nation has a very long way to go no wonder we will even prefer to hire white man to come do work here because of experience.
Try me. You won't regret it.
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by TimT: 2:49pm On Dec 17, 2023
marienl:

You took it out of my mouth many of them cant even do simple task
They cant even put mind to learn practical things
And yet despite we cry unemployment many people would rather sell their house to send children to school
Children who will end up unemployed or getting paid peanut because they failed to maximize the advantage of their education because of little to no practical experience.
We all keep shouting no job, unemployment, yet we have no entrepreneurial skills....
And worse, when we finally travel out to western world, we are ready to drop our certificate and do "Any job so long as it pays"...
But here, nobody wants to do anything without certificates... They aren't ready to drop their certificate...
It's just a matter of time, we'll get there...

4 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by obiekunie01: 2:54pm On Dec 17, 2023
sooo unemployable, lazy, greedy, wicked. thieves, and will always find a way to beat your office tech security.

Buhari was so right whn he called the lazy youths,

7 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by LegallyBlunt: 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2023
obiekunie01:
sooo unemployable, lazy, greedy, wicked. thieves, and will always find a way to beat your office tech security.

Buhari was so right whn he called the lazy youths,
Give the right people the opportunities. If you've acquired enough experience, you should be able to weed out potentially poor staff/workers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
TimT:

We all keep shouting no job, unemployment, yet we have no entrepreneurial skills....
And worse, when we finally travel out to western world, we are ready to drop our certificate and do "Any job so long as it pays"...
But here, nobody wants to do anything without certificates... They aren't ready to drop their certificate...
It's just a matter of time, we'll get there...
There is no dignity in labour in Nigeria, and the purchasing power for your menial job in Nigeria is the worst.

If you can't even wrap your head around way people are more comfortable keeping their certificate aside to do menial job in other countries than in Nigeria then you are either not honest in your reasoning or you not capable of critical reasoning.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by marienl: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2023
I don't understand how your input has helped us.
No one should be biased in this life.

Ohh certificate work pays well here while menial doesn't while abroad both menial and certificate works pays well

I guess this is what you are trying to say.

8 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by marienl: 3:31pm On Dec 17, 2023
Lukepeter:

There is no dignity in labour in Nigeria, and the purchasing power for your menial job in Nigeria is the worst.

If you can't even wrap your head around way people are more comfortable keeping their certificate aside to do menial job in other countries than in Nigeria then you are either not honest in your reasoning or you not capable of critical reasoning.

OH certificate work pays well here while menial doesn't while abroad both menial and certificate works pays well

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 17, 2023
marienl:

OH certificate work pays well here while menial doesn't while abroad both menial and certificate works pays well

Their is no dignity in labour in Nigeria hence people are more comfortable doing it abroad.

Nigerians not been employable is just bullshit, is that the reason for the unemployment rate in Nigeria. Can Nigeria even give the employable ones Job?

Direct your blame to the right people not Nigerians that did their part and study for 4-5 years to earn a degree only for people to still consider them as lazy and not willing to take on menial job.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by LikeAking: 7:06pm On Dec 17, 2023
marienl:

Lies!

Yet Nigerians work in Shell, etc..

Same Nigerian work abroad too.

Go rest..

Your problem is impatience, you want instant perfection..

Na Nigerian mentality be your problem.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by LikeAking: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2023
Nonsense thread..

Na you know get the eye to employ the right people..

Blame ya self.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Oyindamolah: 7:24pm On Dec 17, 2023
marienl:

My dear it a terrible situation we find ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by marienl: 9:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
LikeAking:
Nonsense thread..

Na you know get the eye to employ the right people..

Blame ya self.

I understand you but so sad you don't understand yourself

1 Like

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by marienl: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by online4business: 9:38pm On Dec 17, 2023
Op accept just anybody and is expecting good results.

The cream will rise to the top.

Even with bros j 12 one Judas dey you carry hundreds you no know say enough Judas to dey.

There's no reading culture in Nigeria again... Everybody don like short cut.

If you're employing people give detailed instructions that w seven years old will be able to perform.

And add a question inside the instructions telling them to reply with the answer.

If you do this you'll easily separate Barnabas from paul

If they can't read and follow instructions it means they can't be patient enough to follow the ur instructions.

Get standard operating procedure Sop for anything especially dealing with people.

If you don't have sop anything you get is your fault.

You want control you've to accept the responsibility.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by siant: 6:28am On Dec 18, 2023
marienl:
Awon employer is talking.
Go hire white na. Does anybody stop you from doing whatever you want? Abi you think you dey do anyone favour?
Arrant nonsense.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by siant: 6:47am On Dec 18, 2023
LikeAking:

Lies!

Yet Nigerians work in Shell, etc..

Same Nigerian work abroad too.

Go rest..

Your problem is impatience, you want instant perfection..

Na Nigerian mentality be your problem.

You dey mind them? The op and his/her supporters like 1TrippleCee, oyindamolah are mere those job agents that ripping innocent job seekers of their meagre salaries under the guise of agency fee.

I don't know the skills they themselves posses. Do they themselves employable, to start with?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by 1TrippleCee: 6:49am On Dec 18, 2023
siant:
You dey mind them? The op and his/her supporters like 1TrippleCee, oyindamolah are mere those job agents that ripping innocent job seekers of their meagre salaries under the guise of agency fee.

I don't know the skills they themselves posses. Do they themselves employable, to start with?

Since I am a job agent, find one person who has paid me job agency fee or knows my bank account digits within a month. If you can find just one person within a month I will credit you here 10,000 Naira

2 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by BigDawsNet: 7:02am On Dec 18, 2023
Majority are Unskilled simple!

As a Computer Science graduate.. I hav seen colleagues with first class in CS who can't even design a flyer on photoshop or write a simple qbasic... some even type like a primary one students... and when you see dia results.. na flying colors....

Securing a job as an IT graduate will now look impossible

8 Likes

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by money121(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2023
Ok
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Easybet1(m): 11:54am On Dec 18, 2023
Useless scammer trying to lure people to WhatsApp with his useless training and mod push this to front page.

Smh

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Brendaniel: 11:54am On Dec 18, 2023
Oga don't deceive yourself, the same people go abroad and they get employed....

If they were enough jobs, some of the criteria you are looking at may not be relevant in your reviews...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by SALLYBERRY01(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2023
hi
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Opolopoopolonio: 11:55am On Dec 18, 2023
True
Re: Many Nigerians Are Not Actually Employable Like It Or Not! by Lanre1st(m): 11:56am On Dec 18, 2023
Very correct,

Even the percentage of unemployable graduate is on high side these days, as many students have mindset of getting the certificate only. Also school setting are not even provide environment to impact knowledge everything is to admit more students and ensure fast academic session.

I think for Nigeria to grow, we need our graduate to be employable and productive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dont Fall For This Job Scam Supposedly From SHELL / M.R.C Calls For Assessment / Busted: Tellers Welfare - The True Story In Access Bank!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.