Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri (1049 Views)

Original Hausa Names And Thier Meanings / My Lagos Experience / Have You Ever Called Your Parents Thier Real Name? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri by VPersie: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2010
I was in ng recently. i do not seem to understand why the guys and chicks i meet tend to disrespect people from the north and the middle belt, i do not mean to generalize, but its something that baffles me, they cannot differentiate between a kanuri, kamba, irigwe, birom and the likes the tend to classify all as hausa. funny, i do know who a yoruba from badagry and one from ilesha is, an ijaw from and ishekiri, kaba from igbeti e.t.c, so how comes they are on the black?, another issue is they tend to think they know all or have the answers to everything, met some corpers when i was serving about seven years ago who were bragging about lagos as if it was not the lagos that i do visit, dont get me wrong i love lagos but it is nowhere near a place like kontagora where u have power for half of the day or more , the roads are ok and no agbero asking u for a handout, now the main issue, the biggest problem is they make so much noise for ppl who know little, once again dont get me wrong i have wonderful friends in and from lag, yinka aina, jimi tijjani et all, but majority of em (the graduates) dont know where bogota is or the currency used in russia, that is to say i caled ten of them and asked them ten questions about varoius stuff outside their disciplines and the were all stammering, imagine, last week some bunch of corpers( all from eko) came to ma office and were hurling insults here and there,
i asked them certain questions about nigeria, and to my chagrin they could not answer,
what i want to say here is that we need to have respect for each other no matter where u are from, u should be judged by your attitude to life and your work and not by where u come from , i really get bothered when people tell me they thought i was youruba or from south south when i tell em i am friom plateau state, j-town to be precise they tend not to believe me,
Re: My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri by InkedNerd(f): 7:25am On Oct 26, 2010
[font=times ]OP, no mind am. You know who you are and that's all that matters wink[/font]
Re: My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri by tpia5: 7:31am On Oct 26, 2010
what exactly have you said?

most of it sounds meaningless, imo.
Re: My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri by adagz01(m): 7:39am On Oct 26, 2010
^^i taught im the only1

talking trash
Re: My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri by InkedNerd(f): 7:42am On Oct 26, 2010
I don't think its meaningless its just in the wrong section of the forum.
Re: My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri by GangstaGal: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2010
mtchew embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri by Plutarch: 8:46am On Oct 26, 2010
@Poster,
This is not d right section for your topic;think it will b better in d general section.
However, i agree with you totally. Many Lagosians r guilty of what u v said. If some get 2 know that u live or u were brought up outside lagos,immediately they classify you as inexposed and inferior. I v had many experiences wiv some of them when i was in secondary sch,univ n d time i was serving.
I just fink quality of life u live is more important than where u live. I laugh when i see people that live in dirty slums of lag claiming big. I dare say that some dont v d exposure n d quality of education that some non-lagosian possess.
Re: My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri by oludashmi(f): 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2010
What has garri got to do with the topic when it is not in the story? be sure you are not feeling bitter. You should have titled this topic . . . My Bitter Complains smiley

Meanwhile, the tribes you mention above are not just unknown outside their location but also unknown within the north and middlebeltans cos of their minority population and are rare to find in a group of 50000 Nigerians.

As for Lag, when pple talk about Lag they are usually not talking about the environment or roads or colour of billboards but about the way of life of the citizens. They are referring to the lifestyle, population, etc of the city. You want to compare the way we board bus to other places in Nig?  . . . . NO!

Wake up time, driving skills, way we talk and insult each and settle almost immediately, mentality, hasty/rushing always (even when you are going no where), hardwork and money making, the list is endless . . . .that is why it is usually referred to as the NY of Nig.
Re: My Lagos Biatches And Thier Garri-garri by nellaluv(f): 6:53pm On Oct 28, 2010
Yada yada yada. . . meaningless rant

(1) (Reply)

Average Nigerian Way Of Thinking / Igue Carnival In Benin (photos) / 1st Dec World Aids Day 2015 Funny Sms, Messages, Pics In Hindi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.