Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media - Jokes Etc (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media (76284 Views)

No Reception / Caption This Wedding Anniversary Photo / So Funny:see Wedding Invitation Card That A Warri Couple Wrote In Pidgin English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Oyindidi(f): 8:20pm On Aug 31, 2019
dochenaj:

I must bet you didn't do this kind of wedding.

Should I read your earlier remark of liking it as sarcasm?
I don't like to stay long in wedding
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by MNDY(m): 8:27pm On Aug 31, 2019
jubadi5:
people are getting bolder

Hahahahahahaha...
Why will people not be getting bolder and bolder when times are hard? Mine will be strictly by invitation sef.
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 31, 2019
But the couple have been attending and redirecting food in other people's weddings but shey their turn don reach, wahala.

If they don't celebrate this one, which one will they celebrate?

But the truth is that if they are bold to make this decision while damning the opinion of people, then the marriage would be difficult for man to put asunder.

Perhaps the intertribal clause is the indirect reason for their decision as some people go just come to spoil show..
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by geokay777(m): 9:02pm On Aug 31, 2019
Blizzy9ja:
This is a case of "not following trend" If you cannot afford a reception why embarrass yourself?

All the gluttons should go home abeg
SIR/MA
This is not normal in our country Naija, if thorough investigations is carried out, you will discover there's so many there's more than 7 behind their 6
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Starz825(m): 9:11pm On Aug 31, 2019
Food.....no even think am.. grin
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by 2cul2care: 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2019
Now these are my kind of couples, nairalanders should learn from them, cut ur coat according to your size, no kon kill yourself because you wan do wedding, after the wedding ur left alone to deal with D financial mess u put yourself in.

But most of all I'll like to commend the bride for being understanding, Now that's my type of woman
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by bigiyaro(m): 10:00pm On Aug 31, 2019
Davash222:
I rather go sit and gossip with girls at the salon than going to this wedding.
What’s the essence of Wedding without Jollof rice Jollof rice adds aroma to Wedding and Marriage also.
jollof kii u dia, ur long trot no get part 2.
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Truthbites: 10:14pm On Aug 31, 2019
Can't be there
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Femeto: 11:24pm On Aug 31, 2019
See what Buhari caused

1 Like

Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 31, 2019
folake4u:

Dance sorrows away? Tsk! sad And then what next?! Go back home only to be remembered of those sorrows?! undecided
grin grin grin
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 31, 2019
extremelygolden:
I have attended a similar wedding at MFM Headquarters and I was so impressed. On the couple's wedding card it was boldly printed DON'T ATTEND WITH GIFT. There was no reception also.

The sister to the bride just went to a shop outside the church and bought Malt for the 10 of us that were present. We took pictures with the couple and left.

There and then, I made up my mind to have a low key wedding as well when the time comes.
Hmmm! Unnecessary show off had made many to be desperate

1 Like

Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Jhamzy(m): 11:58pm On Aug 31, 2019
obembet:
I think they have genuine reason that is best known to them
Yeah you are right. Might even be a spiritual instruction.

1 Like

Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Xmen149(m): 12:48am On Sep 01, 2019
I suggested something similar to a friend.

they had their wedding and everybody went home,in evening he treated few selected family members mostly the parents to a dinner in his house.

witnessed another wedding on evening mass celebration on Sunday,couples on casual both family present.they just did Thanksgiving immediately and that's the endi.

am definitely choosing one from both model
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by OlaPhils(m): 5:13am On Sep 01, 2019
Igbo's are bad, igbo's are not good
still Yoruba man is getting married to igbo girl every Saturday
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:24am On Sep 01, 2019
Blizzy9ja:
This is a case of "not following trend" If you cannot afford a reception why embarrass yourself?

All the gluttons should go home abeg
They probably gave them take away food I guess
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by ariesbull: 5:43am On Sep 01, 2019
Dude after paying Igbo bride price couldn't do reception....well that is what you get in inter tribal marriages

Confused kids
Confused setting
And
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by meltech(m): 6:26am On Sep 01, 2019
Reception is not backed by law angry grin

1 Like

Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by NoToPile: 6:42am On Sep 01, 2019
I attended one like that, catholic wedding infact even drinks they did. Not share, last last they are married and we have celebrated with them.

This one is an MFM wedding inside grace hall at the HQ, anyway they might still share pack, but no reception feferity. As far as I am concerned sha they are married and thats the koko.

Anyway me I like the MFM style sha, its as you can afford or as you want, reception is never compulsory, even if you can afford it and still want low key they will still do it for you. Some are even solemnized inside pastors office with just the parents and 1 withness each in some branches. The koko is you are married.

1 Like

Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by COMPAQ(m): 7:13am On Sep 01, 2019
All the better sef. It will ensure that only those who value you will come to your wedding. Those who come to only eat rice will not be there and from this alone who will know who your true friends and family are.
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Jhamzy(m): 8:04am On Sep 01, 2019
obembet:
I think they have genuine reason that is best known to them

But you fine sha smiley. Can we be friends pls?
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 01, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Baba, I will do exactly as the man in the story if given the opportunity.

Me and my future wife have our whole lives ahead of us grin
lol
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by obembet(f): 1:53pm On Sep 01, 2019
Jhamzy:

But you fine sha smiley. Can we be friends pls?
Sure
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Jhamzy(m): 3:17pm On Sep 01, 2019
obembet:

Sure
OK. Sent a dm. But it's not going. Can you dm me pls? Thanks...
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by extremelygolden: 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2019
asuustrike1:

Hmmm! Unnecessary show off had made many to be desperate

Exactly and it doesn't really make sense.
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by tammie24: 4:45am On Sep 02, 2019
Someone should sponsor a reception for the couple
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by Samsonari: 7:15pm On Sep 07, 2019
NoToPile:
I attended one like that, catholic wedding infact even drinks they did. Not share, last last they are married and we have celebrated with them.

This one is an MFM wedding inside grace hall at the HQ, anyway they might still share pack, but no reception feferity. As far as I am concerned sha they are married and thats the koko.

Anyway me I like the MFM style sha, its as you can afford or as you want, reception is never compulsory, even if you can afford it and still want low key they will still do it for you. Some are even solemnized inside pastors office with just the parents and 1 withness each in some branches. The koko is you are married.

Yeah... That is how MFM do their things. Marriage is the best thing, not wedding reception.
Re: No Reception! This Wedding Invitation is Trending On Social Media by charlsecy(m): 1:04pm On Feb 07, 2020
oyatz:
But why?
Marriage is very important in one's life and should be celebrated especially as our culture demand.
So no reception means they are mourning?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

World's Most Popular Memes And How They Look Now (Photos) / How The Witches Follow You From The Village (photos) / Native Doctor Contests For LG Chairman In Osun (Joke Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.