Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,657 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency (14235 Views)

Leah Sharibu Speaks From Captivity, Asks Buhari To Pity Her (Audio) / Leah Sharibu's Results In Her Report Card (Photo) / Reno Omokri - “Leah Sharibu: The Girl Boko Haram Left Behind" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by Islie: 5:04pm On Aug 31, 2019
John Ameh, Abuja

The Presidency has dismissed speculation that Leah Sharibu, the Dapchi schoolgirl still held by Boko Haram, is dead.

It said Miss Sharibu was alive, while the Federal Government continue to negotiate her release from the captivity of the terrorist group.

The Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, gave an update on Sharibu in a statement he issued on Saturday in Abuja.

Shehu assured Nigerians that the government would not give up Sharibu, a Christian, who was denied freedom by the terrorist group because of her faith.

He stated, ‘‘Instead of giving up, the government is carrying forward processes that should hopefully yield her release by her captors.”

Stressing that she was alive, Shehu added, “Lines of communications remain open with the kidnappers, ISWAP, to secure the release of Leah Sharibu.

‘‘Contrary to false reports, she is alive – given assurances from our security agencies- and the government is committed to her safe return, as well as all other hostages to their families.

“Kidnapping for ransom should never be encouraged. This means not capitulating to the demands of terrorists: refrain from rewarding their heinous crimes with payment.

“With the abduction of loved family (members) and friends, the government understands how difficult these times are for them, but government is pursuing many options to ensure the safe return of Leah Sharibu.

“We must commit to law and communication, using the breadth of strategies at our disposal: legal initiatives, stakeholder cooperation, involvement of all relevant parties and the use of the latest hostage negotiation techniques.

‘‘Kidnapping for ransom is rising across the Sahel. We must – collectively – make sure we implement best practice to prevent its exploitation.”

He called for patience to allow the government’s efforts to come to fruition.

https://punchng.com/just-in-leah-sharibu-still-alive-fg-negotiating-release-presidency/

5 Likes

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by BlackfireX: 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2019
You people can lie.....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by crownwealth: 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2019
Fraudulent administration of liars & propagandists.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by nzeobi(m): 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2019
Stop talking like market women, just go ahead and release her

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by straighttalk(m): 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2019
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by TheDestroyer: 6:14pm On Aug 31, 2019
I'm sure they'd give boko haram money to buy weapon again, then they'll bounce back stronger. They've made insurgency a business.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by BusinessNinja(m): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by chii8(f): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
OK....we should stop making politics out of sensitive issues like this, the federal government should try and unite this girl with her family.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by abrahamadadhe(m): 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
Liars

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by PapaBaby: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2019
“Kidnapping for ransom should never be encouraged. This means not capitulating to the demands of terrorists: refrain from rewarding their heinous crimes with payment

Coming from same people that paid for the muslim girls to be released.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by crownwealth: 6:15pm On Aug 31, 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by friendlyadvice: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
cheesy I'm sure they've put THE FEAR OF ALLAH inside her
wink if you know you know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by ForeThinker: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
So you need more money for negotiation abi ??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by piagetskinner(m): 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
That’s what we have been hearing since... when will they release the poor girl.

I can’t just imagine what she faces daily in the hands of those animals.

On the flip side, hope she’s been alive.. because FG specializes in lies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by helinues: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
We hope and pray so oo

Me wondering what is taking FG so long to negotiate Leah's release.. It didn't take them 2 weeks to secured the Dubai lady now..

What do I know self..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by englishmart(m): 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
Buhari's brutality against the press is the prime reason for the prevalence of fake news. I knew she wasn't dead. Her case is like some of Hollywood movies. Nothing will happen to her. She will join us soon. And when she does, God knows what I'm gonna do next.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by Ejaisky: 6:16pm On Aug 31, 2019
There was never a Leah.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by Tedpgrass: 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
Reallllyyyy.

Rumour has it.. She is dead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2019
F.G is negotiating .....lols

But during G.E.J tenure,...both Buhari and co made a protest on the streets of Abuja over the same Boko haram issue....

Who did Nigerians this nonsense called APC?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by OdefaGirl(f): 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2019
Oh My God, please may this be true....this drama should end already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by Toscarel: 6:21pm On Aug 31, 2019
all these back and forth with this gals name her family must be traumatized, which kind adminstration we dey sef, I thought they promised to squash this menace within the first few weeks of buharis first term

all we have seen are lies and propaganda

I envy GEJ, he left the seat for the power hungry men and their lies, and he is a hero no one can blame home now

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by crownwealth: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
englishmart:
Buhari's brutality against the press is the prime reason for the prevalence of fake news. I knew she wasn't dead. Her case is like some of Hollywood movies. Nothing will happen to her. She will join us soon. And when she does, God knows what I'm gonna do next.

APC led by Alhaji Lie Mohamed is the originator of FAKE & BOGUS news in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by Neddstark: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
That about the UN staff kidnapped. Anything done about them??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by crownwealth: 6:22pm On Aug 31, 2019
ArcSEMPECJ:
F.G is negotiating .....lols

But during G.E.J tenure,...both Buhari and co made a protest on the streets of Abuja over the same Boko haram issue....

Who did Nigerians this nonsense called APC?

A fight against Boko Haram is a fight against the north. Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by Ejix202(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2019
Ejaisky:
There was never a Leah.
hmmmm.....who knows

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by ednut1(m): 6:24pm On Aug 31, 2019
My question is where exactly are these boko haram people hiding that naf can't use drone or planes to track them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by 1mrprolific7(m): 6:25pm On Aug 31, 2019
Fool's

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by clevybrown(m): 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2019
Continues negotiation without fruitful result... Keep scamming us embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by PhilipGallagher(m): 6:26pm On Aug 31, 2019
ednut1:
My question is where exactly are these boko haram people hiding that naf can't use drone or planes to track them

That's the problem with Guerrilla warfare. Very difficult to even identify the enemy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by tj4luck(m): 6:29pm On Aug 31, 2019
You don't need to tell us the steps being taking just get the young girl released

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leah Sharibu Still Alive, FG Negotiating Release —presidency by emma321(m): 6:31pm On Aug 31, 2019
Reallllyyyy.
[url=noisemakers.com.ng]Rumour[/url] had it.. She was dead

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bello Matawalle To Introduce Death Sentence For Reckless Drivers / Politicizing EndSARS Protest Is Irresponsible - APC Warns PDP / Why Osinbajo Sings Hope Despite Insecurity, Economic Hardship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.