Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,426 members, 7,836,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

STAY POSITIVE, It's Only A Matter Of Time - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / STAY POSITIVE, It's Only A Matter Of Time (323 Views)

The Hands Of Time. / Binyavanga Wainaina Is Dead! HIV Positive Gay Rights Activist And Author Dies / Godman Quotes (What Matters Is A Matter---ipsofacto Nuptocentric) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

STAY POSITIVE, It's Only A Matter Of Time by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 31, 2019
Stay Positive, it's just a matter of time

Many are called, but few are chosen. As a writer, I've gotten to the point where I discovered the potentials of producing the best. I bet it, all writers have this experience. There's a level you reach, the thoughts of categorizing yourself as the best run through your mind. This happens when you've achieved a little success. You begin to think that you have reached the limit, while there's still a long way to go. Only if you realize that this is just the beginning, you would sink in this little success.

In the past months, I have developed my skills in writing. I remembered when I had no idea about writing an article. Whenever I pick up a pen, it's like a doctor given a building contract. Everything seems to be overwhelming. Sometimes I would just close the page, saying to myself - this is not your calling. Somehow, questions begin to arise in my mind. Are you a writer? Do you have what it takes? Then I realized that I have the potentials of becoming one, but putting it down on paper is like breaking a mountain with a mallet. I started searching for solutions to this self-centered issue.

Why not find your way through the mountain?

A few months later, it was all like a dream come true. I found myself freelancing for others. Some jobs, I would accomplish well. Others will be a bit bad. Later on, I began to improve my skills by taking courses and doing more practice. Things started changing, work started coming in. I conquered my fear of not doing well when creating a write-up. I tell you, many writers experience this. The more you think performing well is unachievable, the more your skills fade away. Do not be afraid of failing. Think of it as a starting point, only then will you begin to improve. Instead of breaking the mountain, why not find your way through it?

Keep enlightening yourself

One certain day, I was surfing through the internet when across an image. It has content in it that says “a professional writer is an amateur who didn't quit”. Suddenly, a quick thought ran through my mind. Since then, that saying has been a guide in my writing journey. I would not say I'm a professional yet, cos I'm never quitting. I'm never going to let criticism eat me up. I could recall when I had no idea how to go about writing an article. I could not even write a sentence relating to a topic. What's my point? No matter how bad you term yourself, once you know deep down that you can do it, then you can!. I hope after seeing this, you should be able to understand that it's a journey. The road might seem rough, but it's made for you to pass through.

(1) (Reply)

The Past Is Always Present (Poem) / My Collection Of Stories On Okadabooks / I Need Help And Advice Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.