Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,523 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:42 PM

I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. (6618 Views)

Which Car Can I Buy For 3.5m / What Car Will You Suggest For A First Timer. / Just Bought A Used Car? What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Gboliwe: 2:43am On Sep 06, 2019
You people are trying to have a conversation with that loser with multiple handles on Nairaland? Someone with a betting spirit? Na to use una money play 4 odd.

Una well done.

5 Likes

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Derailingrailer: 3:28am On Sep 06, 2019
I don't want to quote people.
I work on the island.
I recently moved out of ojota and I can categorically tell u that the only time I ever got to my house by 6pm was Christmas and new year.
Stop deceiving people with the leave the house 6 and return by 6.
It is not normally doable, except you are using helicopter.

For those working after eko hotel roundabout, that's like 45mins traffic on the average JUST AT THE ROUNDABOUT.

Oh lawd, I remember a fateful Thursday I left the office by 4pm, I spend more than 1hr on that roundabout.

So let's not mislead people.
It's a welcome development to invest in landed properties but it's not for everyone as well.

Some of those lekki boys with 6cars already inherited houses. So what is the essence of investing again in landed props? I have some friends that live this way so no need to bash me for the comment.
My very close friend inherited two houses in ikorodu but stays at lekki phase 1, paying 1.250 as rent annually and drives two heavy SUVs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Blanc8(m): 6:33am On Sep 06, 2019
LeJeun3:

!

Someone’s status yesterday, time I saw this was around 10pm

You use YowA right..?
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by LeJeun3: 5:36pm On Sep 06, 2019
JeffreyJames:

Yes, for Monopoly grin

Werey
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by LeJeun3: 5:37pm On Sep 06, 2019
Blanc8:

You use YowA right..?

GB Beta

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 06, 2019
Derailingrailer:
I don't want to quote people.
I work on the island.
I recently moved out of ojota and I can categorically tell u that the only time I ever got to my house by 6pm was Christmas and new year.
Stop deceiving people with the leave the house 6 and return by 6.
It is not normally doable, except you are using helicopter.

For those working after eko hotel roundabout, that's like 45mins traffic on the average JUST AT THE ROUNDABOUT.

Oh lawd, I remember a fateful Thursday I left the office by 4pm, I spend more than 1hr on that roundabout.

So let's not mislead people.
It's a welcome development to invest in landed properties but it's not for everyone as well.

Some of those lekki boys with 6cars already inherited houses. So what is the essence of investing again in landed props? I have some friends that live this way so no need to bash me for the comment.
My very close friend inherited two houses in ikorodu but stays at lekki phase 1, paying 1.250 as rent annually and drives two heavy SUVs.

U cannot see a decent accommodation for 1.250 in lekki 1!!!! Maybe a Room and palor at most

1 Like

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Derailingrailer: 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2019
AmericanDad:

U cannot see a decent accommodation for 1.250 in lekki 1!!!! Maybe a Room and palor at most

Yep

Rent 1.250 maintenance 200k

Every year!!!

Modified
Just reconfirmed that maintenance is 250k

1 Like

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Nobody: 9:14pm On Sep 06, 2019
Derailingrailer:

Yep

Rent 1.250 maintenance 200k

Every year!!!

Modified
Just reconfirmed that maintenance is 250k

He has misplaces priorities. He had two mad jeeps in a miniflat. Lol what does that. Living like a chicken

1 Like

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by FNRF: 1:43am On Sep 07, 2019
Did you read the part where he inherited two houses in ikorodu?

What if his source of livelihood is on the island? If he can pay that amount annually, with two vehicles that means he makes enough to live comfortably.

There’s nothing like misplaced priorities here.

AmericanDad:

He has misplaces priorities. He had two mad jeeps in a miniflat. Lol what does that. Living like a chicken

1 Like

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by timifakay(m): 8:35am On Sep 07, 2019
makeitijn:
Your analysis is sickening ..
People sell their house in island and relocate here. I have 5 people like that. Car dealers are all over this thread spewing trash.

I've seen tenants in ikoyi,vi,badore,lekki,paying N5m rent,and driving 6 cars.
And twill amaze to know that these dudes don't even have a corner plot of land anywhere in the planet.

All they do is show off and show off.
Same dudes are here offering sickening options ..if you're sensible ,which I hope you are, you should be aware that real estate is not like Uber or bolt. It's a time based investment. And only open to the patient in heart.

Not for Al-pacino's

But you that you are sensible cannot give advice within the stated premise...
You need help...

Only people with deep-seated issues think everyone making himself comfortable is showing off.

1 Like

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 07, 2019
makeitijn:

I can get you a flat for N3.5m inside the rccg campground in mowe.
24hr light, 24hr security, 24hr running water..

Quote me anywhere , and if you ready reach me for on-site inspection and pay.

Yes you heard me right N3.5m for 1room+1palour+1kitchen+2bathrooms+24hrlight+24hr security+24hr tap water.

Cars are an unnecessary liability for a tenant
Just one room?
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by makeitijn: 8:12pm On Sep 07, 2019
I know 3 people who pay 500k per year rent in ikeja , but still send their children with jerrican to fetch water in another street.. who is fooling who
Ennyhorlar:

Just one room?

1 Like

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Blanc8(m): 9:57pm On Sep 07, 2019
LeJeun3:

GB Beta

Ok
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by BellaV: 10:07am On Sep 08, 2019
makeitijn:
Your analysis is sickening ..
People sell their house in island and relocate here. I have 5 people like that. Car dealers are all over this thread spewing trash.

I've seen tenants in ikoyi,vi,badore,lekki,paying N5m rent,and driving 6 cars.
And twill amaze to know that these dudes don't even have a corner plot of land anywhere in the planet.

All they do is show off and show off.
Same dudes are here offering sickening options ..if you're sensible ,which I hope you are, you should be aware that real estate is not like Uber or bolt. It's a time based investment. And only open to the patient in heart.

Not for Al-pacino's

It’s poverty mentality to think people are showing off because they acquire luxury things. Better pray for God to uplift you so you won’t have time to keep track of people’s story or who is showing off.

What if they have a corner of plot of land somewhere? What’s the big deal about it. My father built his house here in Lagos... very far area but the house is empty none of us stay there we still came back to the city to pay rent. We have tenants paying peanuts, money they don’t pay on time, owing rent as old as 3 years... getting a landed property and living in another far town makes no sense to me if you work in the city, it’s just suffer head... if something as a car makes you happy by all means buy it even if you have no land... enjoy life while you are alive...By the way what makes you think every one wants to build houses in such areas? If I have money I will buy a land in the city not outskirts of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by makeitijn: 10:27am On Sep 08, 2019
95% of the Lagos you see today, was once an outskirt.

Hey hey hey the lekki you see today was an outskirts in the very recent past.
Oga get gee'd up and purchase a birds-view.
God help and you'll be able to see above your current mindset.
BellaV:

It’s poverty mentality to think people are showing off because they acquire luxury things. Better pray for God to uplift you so you won’t have time to keep track of people’s story or who is showing off.

What if they have a corner of plot of land somewhere? What’s the big deal about it. My father built his house here in Lagos... very far area but the house is empty none of us stay there we still came back to the city to pay rent. We have tenants paying peanuts, money they don’t pay on time, owing rent as old as 3 years... getting a landed property and living in another far town makes no sense to me if you work in the city, it’s just suffer head... if something as a car makes you happy by all means buy it even if you have no land... enjoy life while you are alive...By the way what makes you think every one wants to build houses in such areas? If I have money I will buy a land in the city not outskirts of Lagos.
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by thebigkendo(m): 4:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
makeitijn:
I know 3 people who pay 500k per year rent in ikeja , but still send their children with jerrican to fetch water in another street.. who is fooling who

Last last you will make it in Jesus name

The wise ones will understand grin grin grin

I better pay 500k & carry jerrican in Ikeja which is not far from my office than stay in mowe and be leaving home 4:30am & getting back late everyday..
As for the fooling
As long as dey are not begging you for the 500k or sending you to fetch the water.. Why are you in pain for them?

makeitijn:
95% of the Lagos you see today, was once an outskirt.

Hey hey hey the lekki you see today was an outskirts in the very recent past.
Oga get gee'd up and purchase a birds-view.
God help and you'll be able to see above your current mindset.

Irony of life grin grin

What makes your own mindset the correct one which God will help him see..

God help and you'll be able to see above your own current mindset grin grin

3 Likes

Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by teelord1(m): 6:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
makeitijn:

Yes you heard me right N3.5m for 1room+1palour+1kitchen+2bathrooms+24hrlight+24hr security+24hr tap water.

Do you mean, to rent or purchase the apartment with documents and all. I want to be clear.
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Xneg: 5:17am On Sep 09, 2019
makeitijn:

Are you buy any chance saying a tenant should take public transport instead? I don't get it, why do you make money if you can't live a comfortable life.
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Derailingrailer: 8:38am On Sep 09, 2019
Agents must chop naw.
Even the guy knows what he is talking about but he cannot lose, it's a source of income to him.
so I totally understand if he'd say things that doesn't make sense even to himself.
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by thebigkendo(m): 9:51am On Sep 09, 2019
teelord1:

Do you mean, to rent or purchase the apartment with documents and all. I want to be clear.

Outright purchase grin
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by makeitijn: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2019
teelord1:

documents and all and all , yes.
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by makeitijn: 10:18am On Sep 09, 2019
thebigkendo:

Outright purchase grin
yes completely and absolutely outright..
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by makeitijn: 10:20am On Sep 09, 2019
Derailingrailer:
Agents must chop naw.
Even the guy knows what he is talking about but he cannot lose, it's a source of income to him.
so I totally understand if he'd say things that doesn't make sense even to himself.
list those things that don't make sense to you, I'LL explain, I'll deliver you from the spirit of THOMAS
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Derailingrailer: 10:37am On Sep 09, 2019
makeitijn:
list those things that don't make sense to you, I'LL explain, I'll deliver you from the spirit of THOMAS

I am not doubting the fact that houses can be cheap.
But I'm sure u know that there's more to life than buying houses.

it's a great deal for those that are working close-by or for those business owners that can easily relocate, If it's not a scam.
but to tell someone that wants a car that he must first get a house irrespective of his current priorities and/or where he works plain selfish and insensitive.
the way I see it, you are not concerned about helping anybody, you are just after ur agent fees or is it agent fee free?
but all mallam with his kettle! some people will buy into ur idea and out of those people some people will regret it later and some will be happy afterwards.

my former boss recently resigned because she couldn't cope anymore.
husband got a deal for a house at OTA some years ago. after some months of coming to the island from OTA she decided that the stress was much and started squatting with a friend at okota during weekdays. alas, that wasn't still enough as it meant the husband will make do with what the househelp provides and she also had kids. 2years down the line, she has resigned to join the husband in business.
some people might see this as a bad thing but it's 2sided, she left a job paying her up to 750k to stay at home with the children.
on the bright side, she can now actively participate in the family affairs. I just hope the husband is OK with her coming to the house full time.

grin
so I understand u and I also understand that u are just trying to sell.
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by thebigkendo(m): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2019
Derailingrailer:

I am not doubting the fact that houses can be cheap.
But I'm sure u know that there's more to life than buying houses.

it's a great deal for those that are working close-by or for those business owners that can easily relocate, If it's not a scam.
but to tell someone that wants a car that he must first get a house irrespective of his current priorities and/or where he works plain selfish and insensitive.
the way I see it, you are not concerned about helping anybody, you are just after ur agent fees or is it agent fee free?
but all mallam with his kettle! some people will buy into ur idea and out of those people some people will regret it later and some will be happy afterwards.

my former boss recently resigned because she couldn't cope anymore.
husband got a deal for a house at OTA some years ago. after some months of coming to the island from OTA she decided that the stress was much and started squatting with a friend at okota during weekdays. alas, that wasn't still enough as it meant the husband will make do with what the househelp provides and she also had kids. 2years down the line, she has resigned to join the husband in business.
some people might see this as a bad thing but it's 2sided, she left a job paying her up to 750k to stay at home with the children.
on the bright side, she can now actively participate in the family affairs. I just hope the husband is OK with her coming to the house full time.

grin
so I understand u and I also understand that u are just trying to sell.

That is all he cares about right now
Re: I Have 3.5M & I Want To Buy A Car. What Do You Suggest For Me. by Nostradamus: 8:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
tosinhtml:
Hello Guys!

I have 3.5M saved & I want to buy a Car. What do you suggest for me.

Btw, this is actually my first Car as I have been saving a long time for this.

Suggestions please.
o.p I have a clean,ochana 2010 corolla for you. The good news is that it doesn't even cost up to that #3m you have at hand.so after buying my corolla,you still have excess cash to spare.cool isn't that wonderful?

Check my profile and contact me on 07015489375

I will really love it if you come and make a physical inspection of the car with your mechanic before you pay for the car

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 / Overheating While Ac Is On – What To Do / Why Is This Oil Labelled Full Synthetic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.