Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,462 members, 7,816,085 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians (34129 Views)

Bandits Storm Karaye Town In Zamfara, Kill At Least 22, Burn Properties (Graphic / Xenophobic Attack: Expensive Cars Owned By Nigerians, Burnt By South Africans / Ifeanyi Okpoko: Houses, Exotic Cars Owned By Man Accused Of Being A Ritualist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by BobiNick(m): 1:44pm On Sep 02, 2019
I sent the warning since last last. I believe I did my path as a concerned person in love with one naija. Shame on all the moderators who are pushing this bad news to front page for people to see. If they had pushed that message since yesterday, I believe a lot will have been avoided.
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by UncleJudax(m): 1:45pm On Sep 02, 2019
Tobimillar1:
Nigerians in south africa are funny . I was watching a video where some of them were threatening the south africans . I just dey imagine if some boys from mali or Congo living in port Harcourt or warri or even onitcha start threatening the indigenes . why is it hard for nigerians to behave themselves when they travel abroad . if we no do drugs , na scam. Kilode! We cant even retaliate here because south africans no too dey travel commot for their countries like nigerians . this is not ina anyway exonorating the barbaric south africans but it won't be this bad if nigerians behave themselves
Drugs, scam etc are done also at home...just that we don't go hard on them...even when we do, no record. Naturally, some Nigerians de migrate with the anything-goes mentality in the country

1 Like

Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by itu404(m): 1:45pm On Sep 02, 2019
From biblical times natives of the land always attacked and threatened foreigners doing fairing far better than them. If the solution then was for Isaac to leave their land i am afraid there is no other solution in sight other than "pack and go". Trump support base are the illiterate and the failures who blame it on immigrant that seem to have prospered far better than them. so when Trump came along and told them the same story they were willing to vote for him even now as the next election is fast approaching. Sad facts. otherwise stomach their behaviour and play the servant if you know there is too much at stake.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by renewable1(m): 1:46pm On Sep 02, 2019
Hmm! It's well.

We have solar power system as low as 135k..
Check my signature.
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by slowie(m): 1:50pm On Sep 02, 2019
Tobimillar1:
Nigerians in south africa are funny . I was watching a video where some of them were threatening the south africans . I just dey imagine if some boys from mali or Congo living in port Harcourt or warri or even onitcha start threatening the indigenes . why is it hard for nigerians to behave themselves when they travel abroad . if we no do drugs , na scam. Kilode! We cant even retaliate here because south africans no too dey travel commot for their countries like nigerians . this is not ina anyway exonorating the barbaric south africans but it won't be this bad if nigerians behave themselves

Are they Nigerians or Igbos?? Igbos are always beating their chest against their host communities. The lazy SA guys though.......

1 Like

Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 02, 2019
shogsman:
It’s time we start carrying out reprisal attacks on South Africans and their establishments here,who’s with me?

You are on your own because there is absolutely no sense in that.
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by fortunechy(m): 1:55pm On Sep 02, 2019
u ought to say Igbo properties..... it very unfortunate.... and Nigerians are treating South African here as kings...
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2019
Joeade1988:
I swear to God we dnt have leaders in dis country....wat is multichoice and MTN still doing in Nigeria

So you want goverment to shut down multichoice and mtn because of some hoodlums and drug dealers who cannot comport themselves in a foreign country? Where is the sense in that?

1 Like

Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by patani(m): 1:58pm On Sep 02, 2019
Luvlagos:
I really do not understand why some individuals will post about just anything without fully knowing or chose to distort the news. It's on tv and even anyone can watch online on enca live. Shoprite in jeppestown was attacked, PeP Store was attacked and looted, Russel which is a furniture store was attacked and looted. These 3 stores are Part of South African chain stores which were amongst stores looted and destroyed. Today, this afternoon, the metro bus system in the whole of Johannesburg has been suspended due to looting of shops and attacks on motorists. Why act like this attack yesterday was directed at Nigerians.
The taxi drivers association came out a few days ago to denounce the violence regarding the one in Pretoria were it was alleged that a "Nigerian" shot and killed a taxi driver who accosted that individual after witnessing him selling drugs to a high school boy. It was never confirmed officially if the person was actually a Nigerian. Unfortunately Nigerians have earned such a very bad reputation here that even people from other countries would rather claim to be Nigerians when involved in illegal acts.
I was shocked while talking to a few friends when they confirmed to me that things had gotten worse over the years with Nigerian involvements in crime. He mentioned an incident of kidnapping a young man who came to inspect a camera advertised online for sale. They tried to wrestle his money from him and eventually got into a fight and he was thrown down from a building. Unknown to them that he didn't come alone and his friend sitting in the car waiting saw him drop from above like a sack of rice. He then called the police immediately and they came and closed off the whole building preventing any departures. Well who was/were arrested ? Your guess is as good as mine.
Lastly for heavens sake, I saw another video of some Of our guys saying they are in Soshanguve and they were been harassed, please biko my people, LEAVE THE TOWNSHIP for the locals. What are you looking for in the township? Years ago, it was almost unheard of that a Nigerian lives in the township.

God Bless u for this write up...You left Nigeria and came to sell biscuits in SA and you expect not to be attacked? Imagine the OP said Nigerian embasy has been attacked (The place i left few minutes ago to collect my passport)..Its even more peaceful than National assembly in Abuja..

I guess you a professional staying in SA....I am tired of people calling me asking if I was safe due to these kind of fake news (Damn! I am more safer than anyone in Lagos right now) SHM

2 Likes

Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by Tobimillar1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 02, 2019
slowie:

Are they Nigerians or Igbos?? Igbos are always beating their chest against their host communities. The lazy SA guys though.......
It really doesnt matter .. They are holding the green passport and they are nigerians until the nigerian government grants them yhe referendum that they so desire
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 02, 2019
[quote author=patani post=81845680]

This is totally a fake news...You guys should stop this..I am currently typing this in Nigerian embassy in Sandton waiting to collect my passport and nothing like this haba!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote

Don't spew trash if you don't know what is happening here in South Africa. Just take a straight taxi from Sandton to Jozi (CBD) and see what's happening there for yourself or better still go to Jules and Malvern. It's no joking issue.
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by Kokoebapluse(m): 2:16pm On Sep 02, 2019
grin Boko Haram where Re u useless people? Go into South Africa and show them how to be humble pls
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by joe120120(m): 2:17pm On Sep 02, 2019
Chelseaplus:
The ongoing Xenophobic attarians and other foreigners has seen properties including cars belonging to Nigerians being set on fire.

The attack on properties belonging to Nigerians occurred just after the South Africans allegedly raided the Nigerian embassy in the country. It was further learnt that some Nigerians are currently hiding in bushes due to the violence meted out by South Africans.

This is coming after a protest staged by Taxi drivers over the murder of their colleague turned violent.

The cabbie was shot dead after he alongside other Taxi drivers reportedly confronted suspected drug dealers in the community in bid to clean the city’s streets. It was also learnt that some police officers were involved in the sale of the drugs.

The incident led to a targeted attack on foreigners majorly Nigerians. Shops belonging to Nigerians were also looted after the incident. See videos below

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B15yg6TgPju/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Source:
https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/09/xenophobia-south-africans-set.html?m=1

Does Nigeria have president
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by joe120120(m): 2:18pm On Sep 02, 2019
Chelseaplus:
The ongoing Xenophobic attarians and other foreigners has seen properties including cars belonging to Nigerians being set on fire.

The attack on properties belonging to Nigerians occurred just after the South Africans allegedly raided the Nigerian embassy in the country. It was further learnt that some Nigerians are currently hiding in bushes due to the violence meted out by South Africans.

This is coming after a protest staged by Taxi drivers over the murder of their colleague turned violent.

The cabbie was shot dead after he alongside other Taxi drivers reportedly confronted suspected drug dealers in the community in bid to clean the city’s streets. It was also learnt that some police officers were involved in the sale of the drugs.

The incident led to a targeted attack on foreigners majorly Nigerians. Shops belonging to Nigerians were also looted after the incident. See videos below

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B15yg6TgPju/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Source:
https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/09/xenophobia-south-africans-set.html?m=1

Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by Back2Daura(m): 2:22pm On Sep 02, 2019
Idiots comments.. Retaliate which South Africa business. Sowore is in prison how many of you came out for the revolution? You think the reason people leave Nigeria is because South Africa Has more economical prospect than us? Shut up all of you. Lazy ducked youths.

1 Like

Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by valentineuwakwe(m): 2:24pm On Sep 02, 2019
Tobimillar1:

they also attack and loot shops n properties belonging to innocent Nigerians.....so the best way is to come out plainly. ..if my hands are clean, you should knw
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by tot(f): 2:27pm On Sep 02, 2019
Tobimillar1:

Why always us ? Are there no successful ghanians , Kenyan's , Ugandan's, German, or any oyinbo for that matter

Nigeria is Africa's most populated country so naturally there will be more Nigerians compared to other African citizens. Same way you see Chinese everywhere in a lot of countries.
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by psucc(m): 2:29pm On Sep 02, 2019
Tobimillar1:

Whatever country is on the passport they used in getting into south africa
Na that one worst past. In South Africa, it is only xenophobia but in Nigeria it is:
1. Boko Haram
2. Unemployment
3. Herdsmen
4. Armed Bandits
5. RUGA
6. Insurgence

Now put all the first letters together and see what the man will face at home
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by Bidi123: 2:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
This madness won't stop untill Nigerians attack them here. if dailogue is abotive action will be the next option.
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by Rubicon67(m): 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2019
It is time to unite and show this Xenophobic country that we are not pushovers.... India will maltreat us, China too and even our so called fellow African countries.

They have businesses here and if we boycott them, they will get the message. But then, trust my fellow country people, some of them will sell their soul and selfworth for a pittance.

Which way?
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by tsavkeghps(m): 2:46pm On Sep 02, 2019
Hmm
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by andrew444(m): 2:46pm On Sep 02, 2019
patani:

God Bless u for this write up...You left Nigeria and came to sell biscuits in SA and you expect not to be attacked? Imagine the OP said Nigerian embasy has been attacked (The place i left few minutes ago to collect my passport)..Its even more peaceful than National assembly in Abuja..

I guess you a professional staying in SA....I am tired of people calling me asking if I was safe due to these kind of fake news (Damn! I am more safer than anyone in Lagos right now) SHM

Nigerians go just sit down for house dey talk nonsense, south africans get their own for body sha but its not as bad as the news is being carried

If you are living in a good area you will never face any problem in south africa

1 Like

Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by patani(m): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2019
[quote author=slimbreezy post=81847881][/quote]

Sorry dude..I dnt take buses I drive..If u cant live like a king in another mans country stay in your country and live like a local...

Idiot!!
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by patani(m): 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2019
andrew444:

Nigerians go just sit down for house dey talk nonsense, south africans get their own for body sha but its not as bad as the news is being carried

If you are living in a good area you will never face any problem in south africa

abi ?..why leave Nigeria and live like a local ....
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by andrew444(m): 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
patani:

abi ?..why leave Nigeria and live like a local ....

Yeah, SA as a country is not as bad as people paint it here on nairaland, yes they have frustrated south africans who are wicked but if you are living in a good area you have no issues

You are living with the locals in the same neighbor hood and you dont expect trouble
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by guttentag(m): 3:09pm On Sep 02, 2019
olaolulazio:
I only need flight ticket to go there and destroy them there.

Any help? grin grin

Will you return back?
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by olaolulazio(m): 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2019
guttentag:

Will you return back?
I'm not coming back... I'll become a citizen there grin
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by YahwehRocks: 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2019
MTN, Shoprite, et al must go.
They must leave or risk destruction.
Nigerian youths are lazily flaccid to a fault and riddled with fear.
Re: South Africans Burn Properties And Cars Owned By Nigerians by HacheNoire: 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2019
South Africans are not fighting Nigerians

Biafran's they are fighting.

This fact we must put into consideration.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Timothy Adegoke: ‘I Know Nothing About OAU Student's Death - Rahmon Adedoyin / Cattle Herders Gang-Rape 8-Months Pregnant Woman In Abuja / Burial Photos Of David Imoh, Sound Engineer Killed By Mob In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.