Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,848 members, 7,817,511 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know (20160 Views)

Genital Herpes: Symptoms, Causes, Risks, Complications, Diagnosis, Treatment / Diabetes: Types, Symptoms, Causes And Treatment / I Slept With 180 Prostitutes In 4 Years: Are These Signs & Symptoms Of HIV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by spyglaxx: 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
silverkings:
My Elder sister is pregnant. last week a scan showed she gat fibroid..... any risk?

Laparoscopy

1 Like

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ekwutox:

Op so African women are at a higher risk of having fibroid, why?
African Caribbean women are affected more.
But it shrinks once u stop menstruating

2 Likes

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by airsaylongcon: 8:52pm On Sep 04, 2019
Ekwutox:

Op so African women are at a higher risk of having fibroid, why?

Africans and women of African descent are pre-disposed to it. Yes.

Africans are somehow also pre-disposed to hypertension

1 Like

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by brtaiwo(m): 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
A wonderful write up. This is where medicine fail. We can say with all assurance that the Pads are the main cause of fibroid. Sanitary pads contain Dioxin. Which is a main toxic element.

Women should avoid, bleached pads and should look for pads with Anion strip.

It helps so much in correction of fibroid. We have have testimonial of those helped using this sanitary pad.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by bellotaofeek: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2019
Nice post. What of remedies or precautions ?
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
I was expecting to see solution and how to cure it but....l

1 Like

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by doctore212(m): 9:08pm On Sep 04, 2019
I need a new sex doll
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by grandlexuz(m): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2019
silverkings:
My Elder sister is pregnant. last week a scan showed she gat fibroid..... any risk?

Depends on the size of the fibroids. The most common complication is pain.. On the other hand if the fibroid grows during pregnancy might starve the baby of space thus preventing the baby from growing fully. Your sister could akso have a preterm. Give birth early cos the pain in the fibroid leads to early contraction ..Most severe complication is placenta abruption.. A break of the placenta from the uterine walls which starves the foetus of oxygen. Abnormal space in the womb could lead to a breech.. However most pregnant women with fibroids carry their babies to full term with little to no complications..So be hopeful. I am sure her doctors can take care of her condition. Some women on the positive side experience a shrink on their fibroids after giving birth..
Hope that was helpful..
Dr Ayukebot..
Naturopathic Doctor
Cameroonian Nairalander

3 Likes

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by Shugargal(f): 9:11pm On Sep 04, 2019
brtaiwo:
A wonderful write up. This is where medicine fail. We can say with all assurance that the Pads are the main cause of fibroid. Sanitary pads contain Dioxin. Which is a main toxic element.

It helps so much in correction of fibroid. We have have testimonial of those helped using this sanitary pad.
But bro the company that produces pads does not indicate the difference.. plz how do we know the bleached pads? for instance the most common pads around is 'always'any indicator on it?
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by keryj(f): 9:16pm On Sep 04, 2019
Informative.

Op can you please give us incite on ulcer and it types.

Currently know of someone suffering from Easphogeal ulcer. Any idea on this please?
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by GGirll: 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
The cure are: exercise more,reduce red meat inbyiur diet,eat more of veggies n fishes,get pregnant and most importantly pray for it to shrink.

1 Like

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by grandlexuz(m): 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
brtaiwo:

Stop spreading fake information on a public forum.. Sanitary pads don't cause fibroids.

2 Likes

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by grandlexuz(m): 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
Shugargal:
But bro the company that produces pads does not indicate the difference.. plz how do we know the bleached pads? for instance the most common pads around is 'always'any indicator on it?

Sanitary pads don't cause fibroids. Forget about the dude..

1 Like

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by GGirll: 9:24pm On Sep 04, 2019
The cure are:
exercise more,reduce red meat in your diet,eat more of veggies n fishes,get pregnant and most importantly pray for it to shrink.
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by katlord(m): 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2019
Spatta:
I expect more women on this topic, But NO they busy doing the same thing that causes it.

If I may ask, what causes it? According to your assertion above

2 Likes

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by katlord(m): 9:33pm On Sep 04, 2019
airsaylongcon:

Africans and women of African descent are pre-disposed to it. Yes.

Africans are somehow also pre-disposed to hypertension

Wao
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by grandlexuz(m): 10:23pm On Sep 04, 2019
keryj:
Informative.

Op can you please give us incite on ulcer and it types.

Currently know of someone suffering from Easphogeal ulcer. Any idea on this please?

What do you want to know about Esophageal Ulcers?It is caused by a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori. Thesame bacteria that causes stomach ulcers. Esophageal ulcers are at the junction of the stomach and esophagus (tube connecting throat to stomach).. Can be quite painful but curable with both natural and allopathic medications.. Like most ulcers do avoid NSAIDS (Aspirin, Ibuprofen etc)
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by grandlexuz(m): 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2019
katlord:

Wao
And worse still black African women with a common form of hair loss are more predisposed to fibroids
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by Yussuf06: 10:31pm On Sep 04, 2019
The definitive treatment is surgical removal when its symptomatic or being a cause of infertility...but its usually left alone if its not symptomstic..
sonnie10:
Nothing on treatment?

2 Likes

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by katlord(m): 10:44pm On Sep 04, 2019
grandlexuz:

And worse still black African women with a common form of hair loss are more predisposed to fibroids

Interesting to know! I have sisters and gal friends. It's important to note that a lot of young gals don't understand how to take care of themselves. A certain tall fine babe once paid me visit months back. I wanted to scroll through her garden lolz but unfortunately she was already seeing her red before she came. Gush! As if she planned it.

In a couple of hours, she complained of menstrual pains. I got a bit scared cos she was in pains. Gave her tfare to go home and chatted her what she has done about it. To my surprise, she said nothing. I quickly instructed her to get felvin which she got to know about the first time. The next day she called me to thank me. Telling me she slept like a lil babe.

In a nutshell, a lot of ladies needs threads like this but unfortunately they're on Instagram following some punks with no mental value in their lives

1 Like

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by grandlexuz(m): 10:45pm On Sep 04, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
I was expecting to see solution and how to cure it but....l
Quite frankly the article fell short of teatment options.. There are severeal treatment options in both the naturopathic and allopathic world. Tailored mostly according to symptoms. For most people who experience heavy menstrual flow, both herbal and allopathic medicines are effective at controlling bleeding.. Surgical removal of the fibroids either together with the womb ( hysterectomy) or surgical removal of just the fibroid ( myomectomy) are often done when the fibroids becomes too big.. Medications to bring down female hormones are another form of treatment.. Promising Chinese medicine though causes a shrink of the fibroid. Sour sop leaves too are amazing with shrinking , while yarrow leaves control heavy periods. .

1 Like

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by grandlexuz(m): 10:54pm On Sep 04, 2019
katlord:

Interesting to know! I have sisters and gal friends. It's important to note that a lot of young gals don't understand how to take care of themselves. A certain tall fine babe once paid me visit months back. I wanted to scroll through her garden lolz but unfortunately she was already seeing her red before she came. Gush! As if she planned it.

In a couple of hours, she complained of menstrual pains. I got a bit scared cos she was in pains. Gave her tfare to go home and chatted her what she has done about it. To my surprise, she said nothing. I quickly instructed her to get felvin which she got to know about the first time. The next day she called me to thank me. Telling me she slept like a lil babe.

In a nutshell, a lot of ladies needs threads like this but unfortunately they're on Instagram following some punks with no mental value in their lives

Hahaha.. Bad guy..

Felvin is a good NSAID. Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drug. However like most other drugs in its class of ibuprofen, aspirin and diclofenac should only be used when necessary.. It provokes and aggravates stomach ulcers whike long term use can cause kidney damage. Still it is a good pain killer for osteoarthritis pain, menstrual pain etc

1 Like

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by chukwuibuipob: 11:36pm On Sep 04, 2019
MGab25:
By The WebPamphlet

Fibroid is a serious medical condition, prevalent in women. They are tumors which grows and develops in or on a woman’s uterus. These tumors sometimes, may tend to become quite enormous in size and cause severe abdominal pain, abdominal swelling and heavy periods. In some women, they cause no signs or symptoms at all. The growths are typically benign, or noncancerous.
[img]https://1.bp..com/-kMyUsUHBxWI/XW1IADU1CZI/AAAAAAAAAJo/w2o3bfPBklgechya7saKLv5_eP2yTkxJgCLcBGAs/s1600/Fibroid%2BIllustration.png[/img]

The causes of fibroid, however, are currently still unknown to health researchers. According to research, about up to 80 percent of women have them by the age of 50. However, most women don’t have any symptoms and may never know they have fibroid.

Types of fibroid
The type of fibroid a woman develops depends on its location in or on the uterus.

Intramural fibroid
Intramural fibroid appears to be the most rampant or common type of this disturbing medical condition ― fibroid. These types appear within the muscular wall of the uterus. Intramural fibroid may grow so enormous to the point of stretching your womb.

Subserosal fibroid
Subserosal fibroids are known to form on the outside of your uterus, which is called the serosa. They may grow large enough to make your womb appear bigger on one side.

Pedunculated fibroid
Subserosal tumors can develop a stem, a slender base that supports the tumor. When they do, they’re known as pedunculated fibroid.

Submucosal fibroid
These types of tumors develop in the middle muscle layer, or myometrium, of your uterus. Submucosal tumors aren’t as common as the other types.

Causes fibroid
It’s currently still unclear why fibroid develop, but a bunch of factors are pointed to influence their development..

Hormones
Estrogen and progesterone are the hormones produced by the ovaries. They cause the uterine lining to regenerate during each menstrual cycle and may stimulate the growth of fibroid.

Family history
Just like other medical conditions like seizures, diabetes etc; fibroid may run in the family. If your mother, sister, or grandmother has a history of this condition, you may develop it as well.

Pregnancy
During pregnancy, there's an increase in the production of estrogen and progesterone in the body. These two hormones are pointed to help the flourished growth of Fibroid in the body.

Here are the outlined risk increasing factors for fibroid, that is, women who have one or more of these factors are more likely to develop fibroid:

1. Pregnancy
2. A family history of fibroid
3. Age of 30 or older
4. Africans
5. A high body weight

Symptoms of fibroid
The symptoms you notice depends mostly on the number of tumors you have, as well as the location and size in your body. For instance, submucosal fibroid may cause heavy menstrual bleeding and trouble conceiving.

If your tumor is very small or you’re going through menopause, you may not have any symptoms. Fibroids may shrink during and after menopause. This is because women undergoing menopause are experiencing a drop in their levels of estrogen and progesterone, hormones that stimulate fibroid growth.

Symptoms of fibroid may include:

- Heavy bleeding between or during your periods that includes blood clots
- Pain in the pelvis or lower back
- Increased cramps during menstruation
- Frequent urination
- Noticeable pain while having sex
- Longer lasting menstruation
- Pressure or fullness in your lower abdomen
- Noticeable abdominal bloating or swelling

Read More: https://www.webpamphlet.com/2019/09/types-symptoms-causes-all-you-need-to.html

nice post.Please,do you think swissgarde products can shrink fibroid? i'll appreciate ur kind reply. Thank u
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by chukwuibuipob: 11:51pm On Sep 04, 2019
sad sad Anybody dat sale swissgarde here shud tell us more about it .need it for a friend in Enugu
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by affinity77(m): 6:19am On Sep 05, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
sad sad Anybody dat sale swissgarde here shud tell us more about it .need it for a friend in Enugu
Fohow drugs are amazing wen it comes to fibroid removal. Check my signature
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by chukwuibuipob: 7:49am On Sep 05, 2019
affinity77:

Fohow drugs are amazing wen it comes to fibroid removal. Check my signature
how much is it
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by queenfav(f): 7:53am On Sep 05, 2019
ednut1:
My first experience with this stuff was on an FPSO off akwa ibom . Stayed longer due to harmattan as chopper could not come pick us. The lady was in severe pains even injection no work. Women dey try . She was the only lady on the ship.
She was having red degeneration of fibroid pain. It's worse than labor pain my brother!
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by silverkings: 10:01am On Sep 05, 2019
grandlexuz:

Depends on the size of the fibroids. The most common complication is pain.. On the other hand if the fibroid grows during pregnancy might starve the baby of space thus preventing the baby from growing fully. Your sister could akso have a preterm. Give birth early cos the pain in the fibroid leads to early contraction ..Most severe complication is placenta abruption.. A break of the placenta from the uterine walls which starves the foetus of oxygen. Abnormal space in the womb could lead to a breech.. However most pregnant women with fibroids carry their babies to full term with little to no complications..So be hopeful. I am sure her doctors can take care of her condition. Some women on the positive side experience a shrink on their fibroids after giving birth..
Hope that was helpful..
Dr Ayukebot..
Naturopathic Doctor
Cameroonian Nairalander

Thanks a lot Sir. God Bless

1 Like

Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by keryj(f): 12:36pm On Sep 05, 2019
grandlexuz:

What do you want to know about Esophageal Ulcers?It is caused by a bacteria called Helicobacter pylori. Thesame bacteria that causes stomach ulcers. Esophageal ulcers are at the junction of the stomach and esophagus (tube connecting throat to stomach).. Can be quite painful but curable with both natural and allopathic medications.. Like most ulcers do avoid NSAIDS (Aspirin, Ibuprofen etc)

Thanks very much, what kind of tests can be carried out to find the exact kind of diagnosis. He has done a lot of tests already but he is being told its stress causing the ulcer.

Please what's the full meaning of NSAIDS. Thanks
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by Ajibade123(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2019
see how you can start your medical practice with this checklist https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-start-a-medical-practice-checklist/
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by fibonacci2526: 4:01pm On Sep 05, 2019
queenfav:
She was having red degeneration of fibroid pain. It's worse than labor pain my brother!

As in, that thing is damn painful. I experienced mine around 20wks of pregnancy. i saw stars literally. The pain made me throw up, i almost passed out. It was that bad.
Re: Fibroid: Types, Symptoms, Causes - All You Need To Know by queenfav(f): 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
fibonacci2526:

As in, that thing is damn painful. I experienced mine around 20wks of pregnancy. i saw stars literally. The pain made me throw up, i almost passed out. It was that bad.
Saw someone that was rushed to my hospital with the pain, it was that day I heard the nurses say it's worse than labor pains.She was around 21 weeks as well, seems that's the time it strikes during pregnancy.Thank God you overcame it, we women have a lot to go through in this life.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Rescue A Day-Old-Baby Abandoned in Anambra (Photos) / 5 Keys To A Healthy Lifestyle. / Sebastine Oiwoh: Bleaching Creams Can Cause Cancer, Kidney Disease, Cataracts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.