Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,703 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate (41885 Views)

Your Certificate Is Useless If You Attended Any Of These Universities says NUC / See 57 Fake Nigerian Universities In 2019 – Your Certificate Is Useless If You A / Warning: Do Not Laminate Your NYSC Certificate Immediately You Recieve It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by seguntijan(m): 7:04am On Sep 03, 2019
Many have been in the dilemma whether to laminate their certificate or to leave it the way it is. The fact is that what has advantages definitely has disadvantages too. The two have to be put into consideration.

Back in the days when ordinary conqueror papers were used for certificates, one for sure can laminate, but in the recent times, many do not accept the fact that paper used for certificates and documents are not to be compared to what was used in the past.

What is lamination

First, we need to understand the lamination is a process whereby thin layers of transparent polythene nylon is joined together to protect paper documents such as certificates, results, and testimonials.
People tend to laminate their documents in order to protect their paper material from getting damaged fluid, dust/dirt, grease and hampered edges.
It’s well believed that lamination elongates the life span of important document like certificate, result, and so on.
However, laminating your document has advantages as you’re insuring it. There are cons that should be put into consideration before one is forced to laminate such documents.

Disadvantages of lamination

Difficulty duplication

It may be difficult to get clear duplicates of laminated documents. Were you to duplicate your certificates when required by some school or organisation, duplicate photocopies of laminated certificate might not yield the satisfied effect due to its reflective polythene texture.

Susceptibility to overheating

In the process of laminating a document, it can be easily affected by overheating if not properly operated. This may destroy the document for good.

Fakery

Lamination of certificates may make them look fake. The laminated documents makes it hard to see if they are original or not.
Protecting your documents instead of lamination
Rather than laminating your certificate, keep it safe in other ways. Buy a plastic envelop and store it inside.
Keep original documents or certificates in a safe and secured place. Then, carry duplicates around only. You just have to produce the original when required.
Circumstances to consider if you intend to laminate
While it is not advisable that you laminate your documents, if you ever have to do so, consider these tips.

Watch the machine

If you intend to laminate, make sure you confirm the productivity/effectiveness of the machine being used. Be sure if it isn’t overheated. You can easily confirm from recently done sample works
You can also opt for laminating machine that are cold instead of hot, this is proved to be safer.
Have a scanned copy prior
If at all you intend to laminate your certificate, ensure such certificate has been previously scanned and save it directly to your mail or cloud drive such as Dropbox, Google drive etc for future reference.

We wish you all the best as you keep your certificates safe always.

https://educeleb.com/not-laminate-certificate/

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 03, 2019
You forgot to add the most important part, which is that getting admission abroad with laminated certificate is headache.

Just don't laminate

seguntijan:
Many have been in the dilemma whether to laminate their certificate or to leave it the way it is. The fact is that what has advantages definitely has disadvantages too. The two have to be put into consideration.

Back in the days when ordinary conqueror papers were used for certificates, one for sure can laminate, but in the recent times, many do not accept the fact that paper used for certificates and documents are not to be compared to what was used in the past.

What is lamination

First, we need to understand the lamination is a process whereby thin layers of transparent polythene nylon is joined together to protect paper documents such as certificates, results, and testimonials.
People tend to laminate their documents in order to protect their paper material from getting damaged fluid, dust/dirt, grease and hampered edges.
It’s well believed that lamination elongates the life span of important document like certificate, result, and so on.
However, laminating your document has advantages as you’re insuring it. There are cons that should be put into consideration before one is forced to laminate such documents.

Disadvantages of lamination

Difficulty duplication

It may be difficult to get clear duplicates of laminated documents. Were you to duplicate your certificates when required by some school or organisation, duplicate photocopies of laminated certificate might not yield the satisfied effect due to its reflective polythene texture.

Susceptibility to overheating

In the process of laminating a document, it can be easily affected by overheating if not properly operated. This may destroy the document for good.

Fakery

Lamination of certificates may make them look fake. The laminated documents makes it hard to see if they are original or not.
Protecting your documents instead of lamination
Rather than laminating your certificate, keep it safe in other ways. Buy a plastic envelop and store it inside.
Keep original documents or certificates in a safe and secured place. Then, carry duplicates around only. You just have to produce the original when required.
Circumstances to consider if you intend to laminate
While it is not advisable that you laminate your documents, if you ever have to do so, consider these tips.

Watch the machine

If you intend to laminate, make sure you confirm the productivity/effectiveness of the machine being used. Be sure if it isn’t overheated. You can easily confirm from recently done sample works
You can also opt for laminating machine that are cold instead of hot, this is proved to be safer.
Have a scanned copy prior
If at all you intend to laminate your certificate, ensure such certificate has been previously scanned and save it directly to your mail or cloud drive such as Dropbox, Google drive etc for future reference.

We wish you all the best as you keep your certificates safe always.

https://educeleb.com/not-laminate-certificate/

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by dangoteinlaw: 10:13am On Sep 03, 2019
I don't understand why certificates are still hardcopy in this digital age, can't schools figure out a away to make them soft copies??

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Ekakamba: 11:35am On Sep 03, 2019
dangoteinlaw:
I don't understand why certificates are still hardcopy in this digital age, can't schools figure out a away to make them soft copies??
They won't ooooo... Na how to innovate ways to go on strike and increase tuition fees be their priority. grin tongue

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by firegirl99: 11:35am On Sep 03, 2019
chai but I don laminate mime

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by momodub: 11:36am On Sep 03, 2019
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by PussyKing(m): 11:36am On Sep 03, 2019
OK

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by SirWhiteFish: 11:37am On Sep 03, 2019
Don't not laminate your certificate just buy a plastic folder like this and keep it simple.
SirWhiteFish:
mean while, I will like to dedicate this post to everyone that has heard the song by MR REAL... It took me two years before I knew what the song was about

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 03, 2019
In lamination, we trust

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Sirmuel1(m): 11:37am On Sep 03, 2019
If you are a South African, please we need to talk. Come to Nigeria nah cheesy

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by TheAngry1: 11:37am On Sep 03, 2019
The year I completed my NYSC, several discharge certificates were damaged by laminating machines minutes after our passing out parade.

Someone above said institutions should provide digital certificates instead of hard copies, I COMPLETELY agree with that.

As for admission into international institutions, there are several ways schools verify certs these days. So, laminating won't (or shouldn't) affect admissions. WES et al.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by tunjilee003: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2019
atimes student who laminate have difficulty in studying abroad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Pr0cter: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2019
The major disadvantage is that for international study, most countries requires you authenticate your original certificate at Ministry of education and ministry of foreign affairs. This won't be possible with a laminated result.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by WetSmoke: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2019
Too late. They are all laminated

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by erons22(m): 11:38am On Sep 03, 2019
Ok

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by inoki247: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2019
I know some people if dem carry N1000X 2000 copies give some people to keep dey will still go ahead and laminate it... If u can keep Foriegn currency like Dollar or Pounds safely for so long I see no reasons y u nid to laminate ur Certificate...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by femi4: 11:38am On Sep 03, 2019
No big deal, you can delaminate it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by BrutusOj(m): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2019
Hmmm..i don't want to catch myself telling pannel of interview that termites ate my certificates oo.. the advantages of laminated certificates outnumber the disadvantages.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by WenysAD(f): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Emarc16(m): 11:40am On Sep 03, 2019
Thank God its only my NECO I laminated. Na even statement of result. We were told in the university before issuing our certificates to graduands that If you laminate, that's the end of it and no issuing of certificate twice... Before them even make announcement some guys don rush go cafe go laminate. They nearly fainted on getting the information.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Madibah(m): 11:41am On Sep 03, 2019
�kapaechumarimari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Lavoca: 11:41am On Sep 03, 2019
Awol1:
You forgot to add the most important part, which is that getting admission abroad with laminated certificate is headache.

Just don't laminate

Can it be unlaminated?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by EsquireDD(f): 11:43am On Sep 03, 2019
Alright..

Check out our signature to register your business, company and associations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by deltateam: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2019
Lavoca:
Can it be unlaminated?

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Tomorrowinvest(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2019
Wisdom in the making.

Best opportunity to be a part of Ibeju, Lekki's future And development is moving to Ibeju. Be a part of that by owning a land with us... with just 150k deposit, and great installment payment, you can be sure of ownership

Sincerely, you will look for me after 10 years and bless me specially.

Check my signature.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Rollitout: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2019
You're right, my original WAEC Certificate was wrongfully laminated as a result of overheating, it almost got burnt and became very rough in the process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by maigemuu: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2019
dangoteinlaw:

Where is buhari's own that is soft copy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Yooseph(m): 11:48am On Sep 03, 2019
Correct lamination is the best just the disadvantages attached to it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Mayflowa(m): 11:48am On Sep 03, 2019
I don't know why people still laminate. That machine is no where near any document shop oversea. There are equivalent nylon bag that can hold and protect your certificate like a laminated nylon without the burden it poses.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Racist Message Nigerian Lady Received From Georgia Southern University Roommate / DELSU Lecturer Humiliated After He Tried Sleeping With A Female Student / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.