Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,491 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate (41919 Views)

Your Certificate Is Useless If You Attended Any Of These Universities says NUC / See 57 Fake Nigerian Universities In 2019 – Your Certificate Is Useless If You A / Warning: Do Not Laminate Your NYSC Certificate Immediately You Recieve It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by MrBONE2(m): 11:48am On Sep 03, 2019
Sirmuel1:
If you are a South African, please we need to talk. Come to Nigeria nah cheesy

Ayam in Nigeria grin

Even close to my BaBu grin

Oya come and beat me grin
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Yooseph(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2019
maigemuu:

Where is buhari's own that is soft copy?

Why Buhari
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by okeniti: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2019
As soon as you get your certificates, scan them.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Wantedmiller: 11:53am On Sep 03, 2019
Very contradicting topic..... ..
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 03, 2019
dangoteinlaw:
I don't understand why certificates are still hardcopy in this digital age, can't schools figure out a away to make them soft copies??

that is the real question of the day.
by now, one should actually be able to take ones cert number, logon to the site and immediately print out a copy.
but we remain stuck in the 80s.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by crackhouse(m): 11:59am On Sep 03, 2019
firegirl99:
chai but I don laminate mime
which certificate did u laminate? First school leaving certificate?
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by BruncleZuma: 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2019
Too late...
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2019
A big fat lie OP.

All my certificates (hard paper) except my primary school testimonial are laminated and I have been making clear and neat copy's of them.

Even my computer cert that was not properly laminated ( got mangled up at the edge due to much heat) still makes a neat copy. So I Wonder where you got this theory from.

3 Likes

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2019
Your certificate can be put in the nylon and the edges laminated. This will keep the certificate safe and can be retrieved at any time. Just find a blade and cut any side of the nylon to remove. My one scent

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by EMMNIG: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2019
Pr0cter:
The major disadvantage is that for international study, most countries requires you authenticate your original certificate at Ministry of education and ministry of foreign affairs. This won't be possible with a laminated result.
Not correct dear, you don't authenticate ur original credentials cos if u do, your original certs becomes invalid, so it's photocopies that u will get stamped on fj.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by lasmile(f): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
Noted.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by juman(m): 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2019
Don't let termite eat your certificates hence laminate them.

Just make sure the machine is working properly. Also make some copies before lamination as the OP stated.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by PotatoSalad(m): 12:29pm On Sep 03, 2019
Immediately after NYSC, i bought a printer/scanner machine, scanned all my certificates and backed them up on Google Drive. All i need is my phone to print any of my certificates. Haven't touched any of the physical copies in 6 years
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by OfficialSam(m): 12:30pm On Sep 03, 2019
AmazingRidwan:
Your certificate can be put in the nylon and the edges laminated. This will keep the certificate safe and can be retrieved at any time. Just find a blade and cut any side of the nylon to remove. My one scent

You are absolutely on point.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Pr0cter: 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2019
EMMNIG:

Not correct dear, you don't authenticate ur original credentials cos if u do, your original certs becomes invalid, so it's photocopies that u will get stamped on fj.

Alright. Well noted
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 12:33pm On Sep 03, 2019
The only document I laminated is my GCE result. I have folders where I kept everything. Whether you laminate or not it is easier now to verify the authenticity of a document.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by AhlexOfficial(m): 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2019
AmazingRidwan:

You're right ,that's the type am using, at any time i can remove my stuff by tearing the edges
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Mudassir2016(m): 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2019
I remember when I got my admission here in India, last year, my certificates are laminated, but unfortunately they need to tear out the laminated documents to sign on the back and front of the documents and also to stamp it,
During the tearing some of the documents get damaged, my luckiness was that they are the ones did that, and that I got admitted,
But this may be problem in the future,

So my advice to u people is not to laminate documents such as original and statements of results for both waec, neco, nabteb, or any school/college/university graduated certificate, including primary certificates,

You may laminate documents like testimonials, certificates of merit/appreciation, certificates of attendance, awards etc, which requires no further alteration/sign from anybody again after issuance,
Thanks you,
Just look at my own experiences.

1 Share

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Sirmuel1(m): 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2019
MrBONE2:

Ayam in Nigeria grin

Even close to my BaBu grin

Oya come and beat me grin

Come nah, make we see wink
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by mechanics(m): 1:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
I stopped laminating my documents after secondary school, infact one should not laminate a certificate.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by airsaylongcon: 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
Awol1:
You forgot to add the most important part, which is that getting admission abroad with laminated certificate is headache.

Just don't laminate

Really? Headache to get admitted abroad with laminated certificate? Do you send the laminated certificate to the school before they send make an offer of admission or not?
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 03, 2019
Lavoca:
Can it be unlaminated?

I asked experts same question, they said no
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by jbaby265(f): 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2019
too late all my doc are laminated

na wa o
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Psoul(m): 1:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ekakamba:

They won't ooooo... Na how to innovate ways to go on strike and increase tuition fees be their priority. grin tongue

Which ppl are you referring to?

I don't think there is any institution offering digital certificate(softcopy certificate) to students in this world for now apart from some online schools like Edx.
So don't talk down on our local institutions down here.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Tats(m): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2019
Apart from overseas admission, it is difficult for foreign embassies or their government bodies abroad to validate the authenticity of a laminated certificate. Because such documents do not age and the papers cannot be analysed to see if they are really old and were not faked. This is especially applicable in cases of migration.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by COMPAQ(m): 1:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
Is it possible to UNLAMINATE??
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Akainzo(m): 1:42pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mudassir2016:
I remember when I got my admission here in India, last year, my certificates are laminated, but unfortunately they need to tear out the laminated documents to sign on the back and front of the documents and also to stamp it,
During the tearing some of the documents get damaged, my luckiness was that they are the ones did that, and that I got admitted,
But this may be problem in the future,

So my advice to u people is not to laminate documents such as original and statements of results for both waec, neco, nabteb, or any school/college/university graduated certificate, including primary certificates,

You may laminate documents like testimonials, certificates of merit/appreciation, certificates of attendance, awards etc, which requires no further alteration/sign from anybody again after issuance,
Thanks you,
Just look at my own experiences.

Why in the world would they want to sign on your original document?

That is mutilation and you should have told them in very clear terms that they are not allowed to!
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Fugitive: 1:51pm On Sep 03, 2019
Akainzo:

Why in the world would they want to sign on your original document?

That is mutilation and you should have told them in very clear terms that they are not allowed to!

It's done to authentic your documents. WAEC/NECO, FIRST DEGREE in the case of those going to do thier masters abroad. It's done at the FEDERAL MINISTRY OF EDUCATION ABUJA.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Yankee101: 1:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
Lamination is the best once you get a good machine and operator.

The document will remain the same after 20years. It's the same air sealed principle used to store vegetables and fruits by supermarkets like walmart for longer shelf life today

If you don't the paper will automatically turn brown after a few years and will begin to tear from handling. Scan original copies and stores on you email etc.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Sniper101(m): 2:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
Some time last month, the thought of laminating my FSLC (first school leaving certificate) crossed my mind

But after reading this post, I think I'll hold that thought.
Re: Why You Should Not Laminate Your Certificate by Ekakamba: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2019
Have you ever wondered why a website like https://www.myequals.net among many exists?
Psoul:

Which ppl are you referring to?

I don't think there is any institution offering digital certificate(softcopy certificate) to students in this world for now apart from some online schools like Edx.
So don't talk down on our local institutions down here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If You Need Financial Help For Your Education...orphans Only / Unilorin Post-utme: Male Candidates Made To Cut Their Hair, Females Rent Wrapper / JSS1 Student Caught While Trying To Use 'Juju' On A Female Student In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.