Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,422 members, 7,812,240 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor (29015 Views)

2023 Presidency: Over 1500 PDP Delegates Attend Saraki’s Declaration (Pictures) / APC Crisis: Crack In Presidency Widens As Osinbajo Maintains Position / Crisis In Presidency: ECOWAS Rejected Attempt To Undermine Osinbajo - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nowenuse: 3:39pm On Sep 03, 2019
candidtalk:

You don't get it do you? Have we told you our votes alone will see a Yoruba man in Aso rock come 2023? No. Our powers of negotiation and bridge-building will. Remember how Igbos spoke as if Yorubas were done and vanquished after GEJ won in 2015 and empowered Igbos everywhere? What did the Yorubas do in response to that and what is the status quo today?

Contrast this to what Igbos have done since losing out in 2015 with 'Azikiwe' Jonathan. You Igbos, a great and major ethnic group in Nigeria, simply constituted yourselves into a nuisance queuing behind a failed london scammer called Kanu instead of adopting strategic and deliberate actions to return you to the forefront of Nigerian politics.

Your powers of negotiation and bridgebuilding worked in 2015 because the Hausa fulanis who needed power were available then. If come 2023, the Hausa fulanis are now the ones against you and the SE/SS who would have been available to you now turn their face away, I wonder who you will build bridges with then. Maybe Cameroonians or Congolese.

If Hausa fulanis are against you yorubas in 2023. The only way out for you guys will be to talk to the minorites of the middlebelt and SS. Afterall, we do not play strong politics of ethnic hatred like the Igbos cos we are not a homogenous people. Only then can Yorubas be able to square up to the North. If the north then still has the full support of the Igbos, it won't be easy at all.

Like I said, Yoruba people better pray for the north not to betray them else things will get very very sour.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by searchlight: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
candidtalk:

Bro, you sound intelligent so stop trying to pretend to miss the obvious because doing so suits your parochial argument. If you understand the 'business as usual' ethos that has ruled/ruined Nigeria since 1999 then you will know immediately that 1999 to 2015 (when GEJ was voted out) was about selecting 'gate keepers' who will keep it business as usual for those who felt Nigeria is their property. It would not have mattered who led Nigeria then, whether Igbo or Yoruba, because administrative talent was not what the PDP wanted but a corrupt pair of hands, wherever those hands may be from, that will keep the riches of Nigeria in the hands of a few.

Things are different now because PDP can now not force nearnderthals Yorubas like OBJ on us any longer and cannot prevent 'loaded' technocrats like Osinbajo, Fashola or Fayemi aspiring for highest office. Igbos like Elumelu or Agbakoba would qualify but you played yourself with running an agenda of hating and fighting others to a standstill. That talk of "what has Yoruba Presidency done for Yorubas" is idiotic because we are all well-educated to know that the wrong Yoruba/Igbo/Hausa/Fulani et al is a waste of time. That was what obtained in the past i.e kingmakers ensuring the worst in every region was empowered (OBJ, GEJ et al) to suit an agenda of continuous looting of our commonwealth.

Non in the group of Osinbajo, Fashola, Fayemi or even Tinubu will fail to move Nigeria forward because they are all progressive men of ideas who will live (work with our corrupt environment) and let live as per delivering progress that will move Nigeria to the next level and take us away from a mono-economy slavishly dependent on oil income alone.
I was enjoying your comment until when you counted all the bad leaders without mentioning buhari. My question how are you sure that the ruling class won't foist another corrupt folk like Tinubu to Nigerians. Than been said a Yoruba man won't be president come 2023. any northern Muslim will get at least 50% of northern vote and the burial ground of the Yoruba APC candidate will be the remainder o the south bar SW that is only if a Yoruba will even get APC ticket
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nowenuse: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
Dagrace01:
The North knows the level of their fragility without the Yorubas.. But that doesn't change the fact that their hunger for power won't make them make a costly mistake. But seriously? They know the Yorubas to be very triickish game players, and that's why they won't wanna thread on a fragile terrace. From my own opinion anyways, the North and the West shouldn't be d ones vying for power in 2023, the East deserved it no doubt, but the fact that they don't believe in one Nigeria is warrisome. I can't allow a person who intends to leave my house at any point in time to be my security or guard, my family will be in danger. Wilth time an egg will walk!

The fragility of the north easily disappears if they get the support of the Igbos against the Yorubas. The SS mostly tags along with the Igbos.

Hausa fulanis are naturally a people who like to test your power to see what you can do first before they believe you. So trust me, them go wan test yoruba people power. It's their natural behaviour.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by helinues: 3:43pm On Sep 03, 2019
candidtalk:

Bro they exist but Igbos, hateful in the majority and disparaging of Nigeria, have damned those men and women to becoming a wasted generation.

That's why I added acceptable.. Their politics of bitterness wont let other regions supports any candidates from SE
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by searchlight: 3:45pm On Sep 03, 2019
helinues:

Until we have electable and acceptable candidates from Igbo. Or are there any in the past elections?
Give your APC ticket to Ogbonnia onu, Emeka Nwajiuba, and see if they aren't electable. After all Buhari was unelectable for 12 years until presently.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by helinues: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2019
searchlight:
Give your APC ticket to Ogbonnia onu, Emeka Nwajiuba, and see if they aren't electable. After all Buhari was unelectable for 12 years until presently.

Give just like that? Mtcheeeew

Let them contests the Apc primaries if they have balls
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 03, 2019
searchlight:
1999 to 2007 has been erased in history where ignos fought for a Yoruba man. pls when are yorubas going to reciprocate that? If yorubas can't reciprocate that and they are not held for it why do you think north can't do same and get away with it?
If Yoruba's can even give Igbos quarter of the support we gave to Abiola in 1992, then we'll start taking them seriously. I'm not asking for half, just quarter. This is a challenge to the Sophisticated Yoruba's.

Yet, some bigots will be asking laughable questions that Igbo's and Yoruba's share same hate tendencies.

Yoruba's have a natural inbred hate and fear when Igbo Presidential ambition is mentioned. This is an opposite to the Igbo political indifference towards the Yoruba's.
Even that attitude arouse as a result of Awolowo's role in the civil war but was forgiven in 1992 when Abiola got 40% of votes in the SE. The same played out in 1999-2003 with the Igbo support of Obasanjo.

But in the case of the sophisticated SW. Their hate is generational since the time of Akintola onto this very moment and have remained disdainful to Igbo political aspirations.
Had it not been for the SE split votes and the votes from the NC and SS in 1992 do the Yoruba's think Abiola would have emerged victorious? It took Abiola just 2 million votes to defeat Tofa. It was on record that Tofa won the NW votes excluding Kano, Jigawa and Kaduna, pocketing Adamawa and Bauchi in the NE in addition to Niger and Kogi in the NC. In the South, Tofa lost the SW but won only Rivers in the SS as well as the SE minus Anambra.

Note: This was a time when tribalism and religion wasn't even a main decider in electing leaders. Only the SW played the tribal card during the 1992 elections compared to other zones.

For posterity sake and to shut the mouth of the SW narrative that Ndigbo didn't vote for Abiola, below are graphical representation of how the votes was cast.
Note the percentage of votes Abiola SDP got from the SE, despite the NRC having an Igbo running mate.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by searchlight: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2019
happney65:

Yeye.I have asked you were there an agreement to support so so and so person in the 2015 election and the agreement was not abided with?Look let me tell you something you dont know..In democracy majority carries the vote.How many is the voting block of the SS/SE?You mean the SE that did not even come out to vote massively for their son in the last elections?seat down there and be playing ethnic politics.. If the North decides to hand over the APC ticket to a yoruba man come 2023,it is yoruba's that will win except if the north decides otherwise.At least till the 2023,5 Yoruba states will be controlled by the APC

Sit down there playing ethnic politics,If you want to win you go for the jagular..something Tinubu and co did with Buhari even though they knew Buhari was a disaster..
I like it as you clearly agreed that the future of the country rest on the north. Either by hook or crook power must remain up north unless the southern Nigeria will come together with middle belt to support Igbo presidency, anything outside that favours the northern power mongers

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nowenuse: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2019
happney65:

Yeye.I have asked you were there an agreement to support so so and so person in the 2015 election and the agreement was not abided with?Look let me tell you something you dont know..In democracy majority carries the vote.How many is the voting block of the SS/SE?You mean the SE that did not even come out to vote massively for their son in the last elections?seat down there and be playing ethnic politics.. If the North decides to hand over the APC ticket to a yoruba man come 2023,it is yoruba's that will win except if the north decides otherwise.At least till the 2023,5 Yoruba states will be controlled by the APC

Sit down there playing ethnic politics,If you want to win you go for the jagular..something Tinubu and co did with Buhari even though they knew Buhari was a disaster..

Unfortunately for you, if the north decides not to allow a Yoruba win and they get the support of the Igbos, it is finished for the south forever. The north would have mastered the art of manipulating the south.
Then watch how the north holds on power forever and teases the dogs (Yorubas & Igbos) for Vice presidency time after time and gives it to the dog who licks them the most.

Perhaps this will happen until the south comes to her senses and unite themselves.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nowenuse:

@Bolded. Did I just read what you wrote rightly @the bolded?
Can you tell me how Yorubas intend to break Northern dominance without alliance with any other region?

See, if not for the fact that we middlebelters and northern christians usually vote against the north, no southerner would ever have been able to break the north's domination even if the whole south is united, let alone Yoruba alone.

Yorubas must allign with at least 2 out of the 3 other regions (SS,SE & Middlebelt) in order to even measure up the Hausa fulani votes, cos as it stands today, the core north controls around ⅓ (35%) of Nigeria's votes.

If you think I am saying rubbish, then look at 2011 elections when only the core-north delivered around 13-15 million votes out of the 37 million votes to their candidates (about 40%) while the majority of other Nigerians scrambled for 60%.

Nigeria as it stands today has to have the entire south + the middlebelt united against the core-north to ever stop the core-north's domination. Unless, no magic can happen.

Bruv, politics remain a game of numbers and I am not at all suggesting Yorubas have the numbers to defeat the North. My submission is that we have the clout to do so because of our vision and actual importance to Nigeria. Even the Igbos who despise the Yorubas will not continue to feel that way if the North monopolise power to the detriment of us all.

May be sweet victory for Igbos that Yorubas are defeated in 2023 but will that remain the case in 2031 when another Northerner is about to be sworn in after 16 non-stop years of Northern rule and Fulani/Hausa dominance of Nigeria? Igbos may welcome this but Yorubas will undermine that monopoly because we have the clout and determination to do so.

We can subscribe to power sharing but we will not let a section of the country dominate in leadership thinking and direction for 16 years or more because of 'numbers'. Rather you will see Yorubas do what Igbos have not being able to. I.e raise a Yoruba-centred republic within Nigeria without the shout of secession or a bullet being fired. It is not very difficult to live how you wish to in Nigeria if Governors of a region are committed to a single vision.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by searchlight: 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2019
helinues:

Give just like that? Mtcheeeew

Let them contests the Apc primaries if they have balls
lolsss let Yoruba's contest the APC ticket and win then meet us in the poll for general election. why banking on north to win presidency? contest let everyone contest and who even wins should rule.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by searchlight: 3:55pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ritchiee:

This is no news because you will always vote for PDP like zombies even if the candidate is a goat.

In the long run, a Yorubaman will still become the president..
Just the same way you supported an illiterate dullard even when he is orchestrating killing and raping of your mothers in your backyard.
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by harjorlarh(m): 3:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
searchlight:
What about Sowere who want to overthrow buhari? Ipob were just seeking the attention of the president on the current state of things since 2015 but yorubas with their son So were wanted to dethrone buhari. As there are nationalist in yorubaland so also are there in igboland too besides what if we just learnt out lessons? is it too late to learn?

No it's never too late to learn,but when u choose to learn ABC when ur mates are learning integration and geometry,u will definitely live with the consequences of being behind.2023 is long time to come and I know that SW still has a better shot than the SE
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by helinues: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
searchlight:
lolsss let Yoruba's contest the APC ticket and win then meet us in the poll for general election. why banking on north to win presidency? contest let everyone contest and who even wins should rule.

Yoruba is definitely contesting.. North or Japan oo, we are ready for anybody
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Ikpongiton: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
mrvitalis:
igbos and south south (65%) would support north and the north knows this

Southern unity died in 2015
that is the whole truth.but,won't that means cutting the nose to spite the face?
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by mrvitalis(m): 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ikpongiton:
that is the whole truth.but,won't that means cutting the nose to spite the face?
The east wont be greedy as south west ,we would make sure we unite the south ,giving south west a fair share even when they lose relegate tinubu and his boys

Form a new alliance between ,south south ,south east ,south west and north central try to penetrate north east 40% ...then lunch the fight Against north

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 03, 2019
mrvitalis:

The east wont be greedy as south west ,we would make sure we unite the south ,giving south west a fair share even when they lose relegate tinubu and his boys

Form a new alliance between ,south south ,south east ,south west and north central try to penetrate north east 40% ...then lunch the fight Against north
True! Unlike the SW whose victory always translates to operation Igbo marginalization.
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 03, 2019
searchlight:
I was enjoying your comment until when you counted all the bad leaders without mentioning buhari. My question how are you sure that the ruling class won't foist another corrupt folk like Tinubu to Nigerians. Than been said a Yoruba man won't be president come 2023. any northern Muslim will get at least 50% of northern vote and the burial ground of the Yoruba APC candidate will be the remainder o the south bar SW that is only if a Yoruba will even get APC ticket

Bruv, people only get away with doing to you what you allow them to. If the Yorubas and the South are schemed out of power in 2023 then I see a paradigm shift for the Yorubas in their relationship with the North vis a vis the whole one Nigeria bull-crap. We did not commit to building bridges and forging alliances, at huge personal cost to ourselves, only for the North to think they can use their so-called numbers to backstab those who worked hardest for them to have 8 uninterrupted years in power.

There will be consequences and I will be happy for things to go down like that because something has to give. It is not all the agitation of igbos I am against. For example, I feel Igbos have a legitimate claim to power and, even as a supporter of PMB, I see our current President as nothing more than a stable pair of hands to usher in future revolutionary hands capable of moving Nigeria forward aggressively.

Those hands cannot come from the North with their conservative politics and dependency on FG empowerment. Only a liberal southerner can move Nigeria towards true nationhood with an underpinning that sees every Nigerian having the freedom to become what their endowment allows them to be to the greatness of Nigeria as we see worldwide. An Igbo can do it but Igbos will simply continue to undermine this person as 'unacceptable' due to a current proclivity of the Igbos to be disunited and restive. SS is out. Leaves only the SW. If we don't gain the Presidency in 2023 then we will commit to what we almost embraced completely before APC emerged winner in 2015 i.e focus on regional independence, greatness and strength, as much as possible, in defiance of what the rest of Nigeria is doing.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nowenuse: 4:16pm On Sep 03, 2019
candidtalk:

Bruv, politics remain a game of numbers and I am not at all suggesting Yorubas have the numbers to defeat the North. My submission is that we have the clout to do so because of our vision and actual importance to Nigeria. Even the Igbos who despise the Yorubas will not continue to feel that way if the North monopolise power to the detriment of us all.

May be sweet victory for Igbos that Yorubas are defeated in 2023 but will that remain the case in 2031 when another Northerner is about to be sworn in after 16 non-stop years of Northern rule and Fulani/Hausa dominance of Nigeria? Igbos may welcome this but Yorubas will undermine that monopoly because we have the clout and determination to do so.

We can subscribe to power sharing but we will not let a section of the country dominate in leadership thinking and direction for 16 years or more because of 'numbers'. Rather you will see Yorubas do what Igbos have not being able to. I.e raise a Yoruba-centred republic within Nigeria without the shout of secession or a bullet being fired. It is not very difficult to live how you wish to in Nigeria if Governors of a region are committed to a single vision.

The Igbos may not mind if the North continues to hold on power as long as they get the 2nd position, which is something they haven't even had in a very long time, so just forget it if that is your hope.

See, Yorubas cannot form a Yoruba-centered republic that will undermine the Northern federal influence as long as the Igbos are in full support of the north.

Don't undermine these fulani people oo, they are snakes. We are talking about a people who conquered and keep on ruling Hausa land, Nupe land and Ilorin without bloodshed, just by treachery and deception and using these indigenous people against each other.

Yorubas will suffer exactly what the Igbos are suffering today, albeit worse. The Igbos even had a soft landing because they are intertwined with the Niger-delta and the core-north knows the Niger delta has what it takes to cripple the nations economy within a month if the region is troubled/pushed to the wall.

It won't be difficult for the Northern govt to create policies that will undermine and diminish Lagos and take all the traffic that Lagos enjoys today to Port harcourt. See, just pray that Yorubas will not witness an alliance of the North & Igbos. It would be too costly.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by searchlight: 4:25pm On Sep 03, 2019
harjorlarh:

No it's never too late to learn,but when u choose to learn ABC when ur mates are learning integration and geometry,u will definitely live with the consequences of being behind.2023 is long time to come and I know that SW still has a better shot than the SE
Maybe SW will have a better chance compare to their southeastern counterpart but that won't be enough to give them presidency. personally I will support a northern PDP candidate and I might not be alone in SE and SS
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nowenuse:

The Igbos may not mind if the North continues to hold on power as long as they get the 2nd position, which is something they haven't even had in a very long time, so just forget it if that is your hope.

See, Yorubas cannot form a Yoruba-centered republic that will undermine the Northern federal influence as long as the Igbos are in full support of the north.

Don't undermine these fulani people oo, they are snakes. We are talking about a people who conquered and keep on ruling Hausa land, Nupe land and Ilorin without bloodshed, just by treachery and deception and using these indigenous people against each other.

Yorubas will suffer exactly what the Igbos are suffering today, albeit worse. The Igbos even had a soft landing because they are intertwined with the Niger-delta and the core-north knows the Niger delta has what it takes to cripple the nations economy within a month if the region is troubled/pushed to the wall.

It won't be difficult for the Northern govt to create policies that will undermine and diminish Lagos and take all the traffic that Lagos enjoys today to Port harcourt. See, just pray that Yorubas will not witness an alliance of the North & Igbos. It would be too costly.
Yoruba's are sophisticated, they won't listen. Igbo hate is just their satisfaction. They are already walking into their political Golgotha with much vigour.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Ikpongiton: 4:27pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mraphel:

Keep waiting till eternity.

Yoruba doesn't need igbo vote to win

Without igbo abiola won

Without igbo buhari won first and second tenure.

Without igbo Femi gbajabiamila won .

Hausas and fulanis has already betrayed the igbo people they use una and dump una grin
when you used the south east for breakfast,your next meal,will south west.
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nowenuse:

We will see sha. I feel the Hausa/Fulani will be exposed as overrated ala the saying "evil thrive when good men do nothing" . I am very sure the Yorubas will never sit and do nothing if the North decided to arrogate upon itself the right to be absolute and indefinite rulers of Nigeria. SW backed the APC North to gain from such backing and commitment from the APC Northern faction of the Party. If the North now wants to pay back with treachery, following the noise of hawks like El Rufai and co who wan't to reap where they have not sown, then I say bring it on.

"Ko si nko ti on bo lati oke ti ile o le gba". Nothing coming from the sky that the ground cannot withstand. Yorubas are not Igbos to just concede victory to the North, today, tomorrow and for the next 50 years because of population claim. We paid our dues and will device a way to ensure our ideas about leadership impacts on how we want to live as a people.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nowenuse: 4:38pm On Sep 03, 2019
UdechiHD:
Yoruba's are sophisticated, they won't listen. Igbo hate is just their satisfaction. They are already walking into their political Golgotha with much vigour.

Hmm, leave them. I am just watching the likes of happney65 and Candidtalk.

Do you know that Hausa-fulanis are just like 5% of the population in Niger state? Yet they produced 2 governor in a row and are about ruling the state for 16 years on a stretch, something which the Nupes & Gbagyis who are the majority in the state cannot do!

How do they do this? By jamming the heads of the natives.

If not for TY Danjuma, Fulanis would have taken over Taraba state by constantly jamming the heads of Jukuns & Mumuyes against each other.

Even in Plateau state where these people are an inconsequential minority, they still manage to jam the indigenes' heads against each other for favorable positions.

Yorubas will learn their lesson openly very soon, if they are not careful.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nowenuse:

Hmm, leave them. I am just watching the likes of happney65 and Candidtalk.

Do you know that Hausa-fulanis are just like 5% of the population in Niger state? Yet they produced 2 governor in a row and are about ruling the state for 16 years on a stretch, something which the Nupes & Gbagyis who are the majority in the state cannot do!

How do they do this? By jamming the heads of the natives.

If not for TY Danjuma, Fulanis would have taken over Taraba state by constantly jamming the heads of Jukuns & Mumuyes against each other.

Even in Plateau state where these people are an inconsequential minority, they still manage to jam the indigenes' heads against each other for favorable positions.

Yorubas will learn their lesson openly very soon, if they are not careful.

Bro, the only thing constant in life is change. To that extent Yorubas remain ready to learn lessons that will help us change for the better and to the benevolence of generations to come. We are not going to refuse to mount a challenge or give up without so much as a whimper, as Igbos are doing, because we doubt our own ability to compete and hold our own against others. If we go with the thinking of Igbos then we should all just let Hausa/Fulani do what they want with Nigeria till they see it fit to throw the rest of us some crumbs. No way will the Yorubas accept that.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Ikpongiton: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2019
Mraphel:

I laugh you in million times...if northerner sud let tinubu to emerge in d primaries he will win d election.

The question is who will vote for Atiku in the north.
but ,will they support tinubu,when they can align with south south-south east to grab power again?
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nowenuse: 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2019
candidtalk:

We will see sha. I feel the Hausa/Fulani will be exposed as overrated ala the saying "evil thrive when good men do nothing" . I am very sure the Yorubas will never sit and do nothing if the North decided to arrogate upon itself the right to be absolute and indefinite rulers of Nigeria. SW backed the APC North to gain from such backing and commitment from the APC Northern faction of the Party. If the North now wants to pay back with treachery, following the noise of hawks like El Rufai and co who wan't to reap where they have not sown, then I say bring it on.

"Ko si nko ti on bo lati oke ti ile o le gba". Nothing coming from the sky that the ground cannot withstand. Yorubas are not Igbos to just concede victory to the North, today, tomorrow and for the next 50 years because of population claim. We paid our dues and will device a way to ensure our ideas about leadership impacts on how we want to live as a people.

No wahala, make we dey watch.

Elrufai did what no other Hausa fulani governor would have dared to do in Kaduna state, a muslim muslim ticket, but he got away with it and nothing happened. What he did even shocked many Hausa fulanis themselves, but they supported him overtime. The likes of El rufai abound in the north, let's just hope their voices don't drown that of the other Hausa fulanis who believe in a fair play. Cos at the end, the Hausa masses would still support them.

Surprisingly, Southern Kaduna people are a people who are more fierce and warlike than the Yorubas. In 2001, they brought the whole north to a standstill by resisting Sharia in Kaduna state which lead to a conflict that claimed 5,000 lives and divided the mighty Kaduna city along religious lines till date.
They could easily have started another crisis again but sometimes people are just tired of regular bloodshed.

Anyway, everything now is in Buhari's hands. I just hope people like Elrufai will not influence Buhari negatively.

Hausa fulanis are ever ready to dare you to a fight cos their leaders know that they have a large illiterate mass who will be ready to go immediately orders are given.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nowenuse: 4:55pm On Sep 03, 2019
candidtalk:

Bro, the only thing constant in life is change. To that extent Yorubas remain ready to learn lessons that will help us change for the better and to the benevolence of generations to come. We are not going to refuse to mount a challenge or give up without so much as a whimper, as Igbos are doing, because we doubt our own ability to compete and hold our own against others. If we go with the thinking of Igbos then we should all just let Hausa/Fulani do what they want with Nigeria till they see it fit to throw the rest of us some crumbs. No way will the Yorubas accept that.

I wouldn't blame the Igbos for deciding to support the North against you guys after what happened in 2015.

The Igbos know that if they bring out their own candidate under the PDP platform and APC fields a yoruba, they stand no match. Cos the Hausa fulanis will definitely support a Yoruba over an Igbo if given the option...
So they feel it would be better to support the north against you guys.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Ikpongiton: 5:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
harjorlarh:

The fact of the matter remains that a southern has to emerge(Ibo or Yoruba) has president if not,the Yorubas would definitely form an alliance with the igbos we may even restructure the country,but I know the northerns,they are smarter than that
if the yorubas can not see reason to be honest with theirselves now.the counter effect,will be that,the power will remain in the north forever

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nowenuse:

I wouldn't blame the Igbos for deciding to support the North against you guys after what happened in 2015.

The Igbos know that if they bring out their own candidate under the PDP platform and APC fields a yoruba, they stand no match. Cos the Hausa fulanis will definitely support a Yoruba over an Igbo if given the option...
So they feel it would be better to support the north against you guys.

Well why did Igbos reject APC completely then? If Igbos are strong in the APC today then they will be favoured for 2023. No doubt.
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by nairavsdollars(f): 5:20pm On Sep 03, 2019
sure
Ikpongiton:
if the yorubas can not see reason to be honest with theirselves now.the counter effect,will be that,the power will remain in the north forever
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 5:22pm On Sep 03, 2019
Ikpongiton:

Not possible bro. The North will even beg for a Southerner to lead after the South turn their back on them to focus in their respective region if the North wants to monopolise power at the centre. Presidency is important but so also State governance which can be merged into informal regional governance by innovative and visionary governors.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Finally Registered For PVC / INEC Confirms Yahaya Bello's Nomination By APC -tribune / Army Holds Private Burial For 100 Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.