Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,457 members, 7,812,402 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor (29023 Views)

2023 Presidency: Over 1500 PDP Delegates Attend Saraki’s Declaration (Pictures) / APC Crisis: Crack In Presidency Widens As Osinbajo Maintains Position / Crisis In Presidency: ECOWAS Rejected Attempt To Undermine Osinbajo - Daily Post (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Sammy07: 6:46pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nowenuse:

I wouldn't blame the Igbos for deciding to support the North against you guys after what happened in 2015.

The Igbos know that if they bring out their own candidate under the PDP platform and APC fields a yoruba, they stand no match. Cos the Hausa fulanis will definitely support a Yoruba over an Igbo if given the option...
So they feel it would be better to support the north against you guys.

I'm a SW'ner, I followed your comments
And you're absolutely right....

I don't blame igbos also,
They have no choice than to support PDP northern candidates
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by amarilo: 6:54pm On Sep 03, 2019
VillagePipu:

Sure, they can betray Yorubas. But the problem is that they need support in the South and they know that a marriage of convenience with Igbos won't last.
This is exactly how it will play out. In 2023 they will align with igbos to win again which will anger the SW. By 2030 the igbos will want to have a shot at the presidency which the north will not support. Then the north will again align with the SW to win again. By 2038 the SW will want have a shot but what will play out by 2023 will play out again and the north once again align with the SE to win it. In all the scenarios the disunity among the southern region gives the north the president. SOUTH PUT YOUR HOUSE IN OTHER FOR NIGERIA TO MAKE ANY HEAD WAY.
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Ikpongiton: 7:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
[quote author=candidtalk post=81884917]

Bruv, politics remain a game of numbers and I am not at all suggesting Yorubas have the numbers to defeat the North. My submission is that we have the clout to do so because of our vision and actual importance to Nigeria. Even the Igbos who despise the Yorubas will not continue to feel that way if the North monopolise power to the detriment of us all.

May be sweet victory for Igbos that Yorubas are defeated in 2023 but will that remain the case in 2031 when another Northerner is about to be sworn in after 16 non-stop years of Northern rule and Fulani/Hausa dominance of Nigeria? Igbos may welcome this but Yorubas will undermine that monopoly because we have the clout and determination to do so.

We can subscribe to power sharing but we will not let a section of the country dominate in leadership thinking and direction for 16 years or more because of 'numbers'. Rather you will see Yorubas do what Igbos have not being able to. I.e raise a Yoruba-centred republic
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by babaztee: 7:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
Idu. Iro lo nje be.
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Starz825(m): 8:31pm On Sep 03, 2019
mrvitalis:

If north betray yorubas like they have done in the past which region would support south west name two or even name one
What pple don't know is an Igbo man would rather support a Yoruba man than support an hausa man..
If the north want to play smart ehn by Fielding a northern as against the arrangement...Yoruba will pull off and merge with the east/south-south region to defeat the Northerner...by Fielding a western/Eastern presidency.....
Tell me when an Easterner has come so close to being a VP....Don't forget hausa would rather have a westerner as a VP than an Easterner(in Apc)
The westerners are in the middle of it all....if the hausa fails the Yoruba..it's an opportunity to the East

Above all....I see atiku/obi coming in this time if APC field anyhow candidate.........the east would benefit in this coming 2023 election for sure...
But one thing wey dey vez me for this thing be say 2023 still far.. infact our Lord Jesus Christ fit don show..

undecided
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by mrvitalis(m): 8:34pm On Sep 03, 2019
Starz825:

What pple don't know is an Igbo man would rather support a Yoruba man than support an hausa man..
If the north want to play smart ehn by Fielding a northern as against the arrangement...Yoruba will pull off and merge with the east/south-south region to defeat the Northerner...by Fielding a western/Eastern presidency.....
Tell me when an Easterner has come so close to being a VP....Don't forget hausa would rather have a westerner as a VP than an Easterner(in Apc)
The westerners are in the middle of it all....if the hausa fails the Yoruba..it's an opportunity to the East

Above all....I see atiku/obi coming in this time if APC field anyhow candidate.........the east would benefit in this coming 2023 election for sure...
But one thing wey dey vez me for this thing be say 2023 still far.. infact our Lord Jesus Christ fit don show..

undecided
Im igbo and i tell u we would vote north than south west case close

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Starz825(m): 8:37pm On Sep 03, 2019
mrvitalis:

Im igbo and i tell u we would vote north than south west case close
That's if it is a Northerner/Easterner ticket....
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by mrvitalis(m): 8:41pm On Sep 03, 2019
Starz825:

That's if it is a Northerner/Easterner ticket....
Even if its a north south south ticket

Igbos are not desperate for power .....we hate betrayal we dont forgive that

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2019
Sammy07:

I'm a SW'ner, I followed your comments
And you're absolutely right....

I don't blame igbos also,
They have no choice than to support PDP northern candidates

Anyone who knows the North will understand that If Buhari was like GEJ, i.e weak and unprincipled, then the entire South will be starving today because the North lives on nothing but government patronage. Buhari has been measured and fair even as many hate the man to the extent they fail to see this. People will be shocked that things will be much worse under the likes of El Rufai, Tambuwal, Kwankwaso and other Northerners who will simply not be able to keep their greedy brothers at bay.

The North needs saving from itself and I think only a focused President can help to wean them off the self-destructive shackles they have imprisoned themselves with like the Almajiri system PMB bravely wants to do away with.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by OdumegwuOjukwu: 8:56pm On Sep 03, 2019
candidtalk:

Bruv, try to keep up. We are not one way traffic (Biafra or death) like Igbos. I already gave the DAWN initiative as an example of how the Yorubas understand how to be protectionist, within Nigeria, if the overarching conditions call for it. We can be nationalist too if it suits us and the condition of the day show us that this is the way to be.

It is Igbos who are are irrevocably tied to redundant ideology i.e we can only accept Biafra" , when GEJ is out of power, or"we run Nigeria" when Jonathan, Oduah, Anyim et al held sway.

Yorubas understand that, at anytime, we can attempt to mould our land in our own image if others decide to be backward and regressive. America is the perfect example with how some States are so different ideologically and politically you would not think you are in the same nation.

How far Gbawe?

I smell fear.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 03, 2019
OdumegwuOjukwu:

How far Gbawe?

I smell fear.

Who is that? Your boyfriend or girlfriend?
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by abdulwastecx(m): 9:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nowenuse:

Hmm, leave them. I am just watching the likes of happney65 and Candidtalk.

Do you know that Hausa-fulanis is just like 5% of the population in Niger state? Yet they produced 2 governor in a r ow and are about ruling the state for 16 years on a stretch, something which the Nupes & Gbagyis who are the majority in the state cannot do!

How do they do this? By jamming the heads of the natives.

If not for TY Danjuma, Fulanis would have taken over Taraba state by constantly jamming the heads of Jukuns & Mumuyes against each other.

Even in Plateau state where these people are an inconsequential minority, they still manage to jam the indigenes' heads against each other for favourable positions.

Yorubas will learn their lesson openly very soon, if they are not careful.

Stop overrrating Hausa-Fulani.
Talking about Niger, I am very conconversant with Niger state politics, I have been living there all my life. There is zoning in place between the three geopolitical zones in the state, namely, Niger north (kotongora and environs, Niger east ( zone B: suleja and Minna) and Niger south (zone C: Nupe zone). Though, the Nupes are the overwhelming majority but decide to allow for zoning to allow for peace and unity.

In 1999, Kure a Nupe man was the governor, he rules for 8years. In 2007, it was the turn of zone C and, Talba (who was born in Minna, with gwari mother and Hausa father ) contested against a gwari Christian in the person of David Umar, he won simply because he was a Muslim. Religion always plays a part in Niger state politics, not ethnicity.

2015 was the turn of zone C and the region produce 2 candidates in the person of Sani Bello and Nasko. Nasko won and he also won reelection for the second term. I am assuring you coming, 2023 a Nupe man from Bida will be the governor.

Talking about Niger state, the Nupe dominate the state from civil service to academics, judiciary, health etc. Niger state is actually overwhelmingly dominated by the Nupes.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by abdulwastecx(m): 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2019
amarilo:
This is exactly how it will play out. In 2023 they will align with Igbos to win again which will anger the SW. By 2030 the igbos will want to have a shot at the presidency which the north will not support. Then the north will again align with the SW to win again. By 2038 the SW will want have a shot but what will play out by 2023 will play out again and the north once again aligns with the SE to win it. In all the scenarios the disunity among the southern region gives the north the president. SOUTH PUT YOUR HOUSE IN OTHER FOR NIGERIA TO MAKE ANY HEAD WAY.

Politics don't work like that, it is only on this page you see people bringing their personal sentiment to discuss politics. You speak as if, all the Igbos, Yoruba or North speak with one voice.

The core north can't hold on to power, such a practice will most likely lead to disintegration Nigeria. For any political party to convince the majority of say, south westerners to vote for a party, they will need to appeal to the common man in the street, either through propaganda or vote-buying, in reality, whoever has the bigger pocket and propaganda tools will most likely win the election.

The core north normally votes along the religious line. Provided you can get the religious leaders in the north on your side, you will share the vote with whomever you are contesting against.

The north-central also vote along the religious line and the Christians in the region will always vote against any politician perceive to be of pure Hausa-Fulani political leaning.

Southern Nigeria votes based on tribal and how well you can sell yourself in the region.

In summary, it will be down to money, propaganda and how many of the religious, traditional rulers and political elites you can have on your side

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Mraphel: 9:38pm On Sep 03, 2019
OfoIgbo:

Answer is YES. We brought OBJ to power
Go and read history.
An igbo man lost against OBJ during 1999 primary election.
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by abdulwastecx(m): 9:57pm On Sep 03, 2019
candidtalk:

Anyone who knows the North will understand that If Buhari was like GEJ, i.e weak and unprincipled, then the entire South will be starving today because the North lives on nothing but government patronage. Buhari has been measured and fair even as many hate the man to the extent they fail to see this. People will be shocked that things will be much worse under the likes of El Rufai, Tambuwal, Kwankwaso and other Northerners who will simply not be able to keep their greedy brothers at bay.

The North needs saving from itself and I think only a focused President can help to wean them off the self-destructive shackles they have imprisoned themselves with like the Almajiri system PMB bravely wants to do away with.

I am Yoruba and I will always support Yoruba presidency but let us tell ourselves the truth, Jonathan was a million times better than Buhari. In fact, is the worst democratically elected president we ever had in this country. He is completely daft and lacks the most rudiments skill required to lead a country. If not for the religious bigotry nature of the Muslim north and the selfishness of Tinubu and ACN of the southwest, Buhari will never have been elected president of Nigeria.

The feudal system is what is killing the north, the elite in the region is to be blamed not the common man in the street, the elite has used a combination of poverty, illiteracy, religion to completely destroy the family structures of average core northerners. They will continue to do vote slowpoke into a position of authority if we continue to practice the centralized system of government.

El rufai is an ethnic bigot that is very egocentric, no one can trust him with the power he will always bite the find that feeds him. Atiku brought him into the limelight but he later betrayed him, he will still betray Buhari if given the mandates. On his own, he doesn't have the money and popularity to run for president.

Tambuwa is a lightweight, he can't even win the primary of PDP.
Kwankoso has the popularity but doesn't have the money and popularity outside core North, he is attractive to even the northern minority not to talk of southerners.
Atiku is the real deal, he has the money, popularity and he is generally accepted in the middle belts and southern Nigeria, he can also divide the vote in the core north since Buhari is not running.

The game-changer for the Yoruba will be to present a progressive man like Fashola and reach out to the middle belters, SS and south-east.

I personally will vote for a Fashola or Atiku.

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by bluecircle470: 10:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
hisexcellency34:
scatter what.Afonjas can't do poo. If Tinubu tries any nonsense, Buhari jails him over bullion vans

Ipob (pigs) thinking
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nowenuse: 1:02am On Sep 04, 2019
abdulwastecx:

Stop overrrating Hausa-Fulani.
Talking about Niger, I am very conconversant with Niger state politics, I have been living there all my life. There is zoning in place between the three geopolitical zones in the state, namely, Niger north (kotongora and environs, Niger east ( zone B: suleja and Minna) and Niger south (zone C: Nupe zone). Though, the Nupes are the overwhelming majority but decide to allow for zoning to allow for peace and unity.

In 1999, Kure a Nupe man was the governor, he rules for 8years. In 2007, it was the turn of zone C and, Talba (who was born in Minna, with gwari mother and Hausa father ) contested against a gwari Christian in the person of David Umar, he won simply because he was a Muslim. Religion always plays a part in Niger state politics, not ethnicity.

2015 was the turn of zone C and the region produce 2 candidates in the person of Sani Bello and Nasko. Nasko won and he also won reelection for the second term. I am assuring you coming, 2023 a Nupe man from Bida will be the governor.

Talking about Niger state, the Nupe dominate the state from civil service to academics, judiciary, health etc. Niger state is actually overwhelmingly dominated by the Nupes.

And what tribe is Sani Bello? Is he not a Hausa man?

Are Hausas the majority in any of the zones that they should be representing Niger east and Niger north when the governorship goes to these areas?

Do you know that if Niger state is divided into 3 today according to the geopolitical zones, a Hausa man can never be governor in any of them?

Yes, power will go to Nupe next, but that does not mean that Hausas did not rule Niger state for 16 years in a row, when they do not even have 1 single LGA in which they dominate. But Nupes with 8 LGAs cannot do this! Gbagyis with 7 LGAs are yet to produce a governor. So what are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nowenuse: 1:11am On Sep 04, 2019
abdulwastecx:

I am Yoruba and I will always support Yoruba presidency but let us tell ourselves the truth, Jonathan was a million times better than Buhari. In fact, is the worst democratically elected president we ever had in this country. He is completely daft and lacks the most rudiments skill required to lead a country. If not for the religious bigotry nature of the Muslim north and the selfishness of Tinubu and ACN of the southwest, Buhari will never have been elected president of Nigeria.

The feudal system is what is killing the north, the elite in the region is to be blamed not the common man in the street, the elite has used a combination of poverty, illiteracy, religion to completely destroy the family structures of average core northerners. They will continue to do vote slowpoke into a position of authority if we continue to practice the centralized system of government.

El rufai is an ethnic bigot that is very egocentric, no one can trust him with the power he will always bite the find that feeds him. Atiku brought him into the limelight but he later betrayed him, he will still betray Buhari if given the mandates. On his own, he doesn't have the money and popularity to run for president.

Tambuwa is a lightweight, he can't even win the primary of PDP.
Kwankoso has the popularity but doesn't have the money and popularity outside core North, he is attractive to even the northern minority not to talk of southerners.
Atiku is the real deal, he has the money, popularity and he is generally accepted in the middle belts and southern Nigeria, he can also divide the vote in the core north since Buhari is not running.

The game-changer for the Yoruba will be to present a progressive man like Fashola and reach out to the middle belters, SS and south-east.

I personally will vote for a Fashola or Atiku.

Very great submission. The only part I disagree with you is the Kwankwaso being attractive to northern minorities. Maybe muslim northern minorities but not christians. Kwankwaso is a known religious bigot.

Atiku is the only northern muslim who is attractive to northern minorities cos he is detriabalized and not a religious bigot.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by allcomage: 7:05am On Sep 04, 2019
Ritchiee:

I do not think that the Northerners are as daft as the Igbos think they are.An intelligent people will know when to call it quit.
Let them continue to wail.A Yoruba will become the president in 2023.
I am apolitical and believe Nigeria will never work with this structure, therefore I don't vote. But my reading of political landscape, it will take miracles for Yuroba to win in 2023 due to following reasons.
1 The North feel buhari is a failure and didn't make required progress expected of him and they want have to have it again to make up.
2 Atiku actually won but was rigged out.
3 Ss felt SW betrayed them by supporting the North.
4 SE feel it's their turn , Obasanjo took
yuroba turn.
5 Middle belt feel SW kept moot while killings were on.
6 PDP zoned presidency to North and it's still powerful.
7 With the above, there is no way a SW candidate can win a Northerner in 2023.
A nutural person analysis.
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Ritchiee: 7:33am On Sep 04, 2019
allcomage:

I am apolitical and believe Nigeria will never work with this structure, therefore I don't vote. But my reading of political landscape, it will take miracles for Yuroba to win in 2023 due to following reasons.
1 The North feel buhari is a failure and didn't make required progress expected of him and they want have to have it again to make up.
yuroba turn.

Yorubas did not present Obasanjo.He was put forward by a cabal and he acted in that capacity.He did not act as a progressive.
Just like I said I do not think that the Northerners are as daft as you think they are.An intelligent people will know when to call it quit.
All you have written is neither here nor there.A Yoruba will become the president in 2023,God willing.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by OdumegwuOjukwu: 8:26am On Sep 04, 2019
candidtalk:

Have I denied this? More important is what the average Igbo demands an Igbo President do with the Presidency. That is the fear of others and not that we think no Igbo is capable of leading Nigeria progressively. You guys will not let even the most progressive Igbo lead effectively without harassing him and second-guessing everything he does as pro-Nigerian or anti-Igbo because of your natural anti-Nigeria disposition.

That is the main reason no one will gamble on an Igbo presidency right now even if you deserve it in the spirit of fair play and equity. Tragic Igbo has not produced the Presidency since 1999, as one of the three main Nigerian ethnic group, but whose fault is that if you are truthful with yourself?

Gbawe (deny your old handle all you want), this fear, rational or irrational, is what has kept Nigeria disunited, disjointed and unprogressive in every facet. if unchecked, it will continue to deny Nigerians the benefit of nationhood for a every long time.

You claimed your ethnic group (Yoruba) has the 'clout and determination' to do things differently. What have you (Yoruba) done to help Nigeria deal with this fear that has denied the nation of progress it so desired. Or you think a progressive, fair and equitable Nigeria will not benefit Yoruba? Or is it the case that Yoruba will only deploy their 'sophiscation' for their interest and only their interest?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 04, 2019
OdumegwuOjukwu:

Gbawe (deny your old handle all you want), this fear, rational or irrational, is what has kept Nigeria disunited, disjointed and unprogressive in every facet. if unchecked, it will continue to deny Nigerians the benefit of nationhood for a every long time.

You claimed your ethnic group (Yoruba) has the 'clout and determination' to do things differently. What have you (Yoruba) done to help Nigeria deal with this fear that has denied the nation of progress it so desired. Or you think a progressive, fair and equitable Nigeria will not benefit Yoruba? Or is it the case that Yoruba will only deploy their 'sophiscation' for their interest and only their interest?

Don't know who you think you're talking to but I'll address the message. Igbos can't be trusted to be fair to others. This is of their own doing. Igbos are very loud and not circumspect at all with their utterances. Some things Igbos say I know they do not mean but Nigerians take those talk seriously. To that extent, real or not, Igbos have convinced other Nigerians to automatically reject anyone from the SE, for now, as far as the position of President is concerned.

Most Yorubas make anti-Igbo noise but they would support a progressive Igbo, if he is the better candidate against a Northerner, because that is how Yorubas roll. It is the North you lot should target your anger at since they will never back an Igbo man/woman because of their morbid fear of losing connection to FG patronage that is essential, at least for the next 3 decades, for the survival and development of their region.

You know damn well that Yorubas are not unreasonable. Our voting pattern shows this. Obi that was discredited massively still did not diminish the Atiku PDP ticket the SW voted for healthily. Go and deal with your main enemies, i.e the North, and stop raising needless issues with the SW which remains essentially a region interested in progress for their own and all others. It is Igbos that needs to make concessions towards the Yorubas and not the other way round. Otherwise stick with your North, as you say you will, and see if their retrogressive approach to leadership gets you anywhere knowing how Igbos are fond of a level playing field Northerners, even the most sophisticated and well-read amongst them, are intrinsically against delivering.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by abdulwastecx(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2019
Nowenuse:

Very great submission. The only part I disagree with you is the Kwankwaso being attractive to northern minorities. Maybe muslim northern minorities but not Christians. Kwankwaso is a known religious bigot.

Atiku is the only northern Muslim who is attractive to northern minorities cos he is detriabalized and not a religious bigot.

I mean to say " he is not even attractive to northern Christian minorities"

I always enjoy your post here, you comment always come with great insight.

Atiku is the only Muslim northerners that have the muscle and popularity to win the presidency

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by abdulwastecx(m): 9:33am On Sep 04, 2019
Nowenuse:

And what tribe is Sani Bello? Is he not a Hausa man?

Are Hausas the majority in any of the zones that they should be representing Niger east and Niger north when the governorship goes to these areas?

Do you know that if Niger state is divided into 3 today according to the geopolitical zones, a Hausa man can never be governor in any of them?

Yes, power will go to Nupe next, but that does not mean that Hausas did not rule Niger state for 16 years in a row, when they do not even have 1 single LGA in which they dominate. But Nupes with 8 LGAs cannot do this! Gbagyis with 7 LGAs are yet to produce a governor. So what are you saying?

Yes, you are right, but who is a Hausa man? The true Hausa are so few in Niger state that the few around are settlers from the northwest. Sani Bello is not Hausa but an ethnic minority from the Niger east that has lost his ethnicity to the Hausas due to their closeness to kebbi and other northwestern states.

The real losers are the gwari, i usually feel for them, they have lost their land to the Hausas settlers, they have lost leadership position in the state to Hausa. Somebody like David Umar would have been a wonderful governor but he will never get that position because of his religion. Even gwari have been taught to hate on their brother due to religious difference, I think education is gradually changing their views now.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by OdumegwuOjukwu: 9:54am On Sep 04, 2019
candidtalk:

Don't know who you think you're talking to but I'll address the message. Igbos can't be trusted to be fair to others. This is of their own doing. Igbos are very loud and not circumspect at all with their utterances. Some things Igbos say I know they do not mean but Nigerians take those talk seriously. To that extent, real or not, Igbos have convinced other Nigerians to automatically reject anyone from the SE, for now, as far as the position of President is concerned.

Most Yorubas make anti-Igbo noise but they would support a progressive Igbo, if he is the better candidate against a Northerner, because that is how Yorubas roll. It is the North you lot should target your anger at since they will never back an Igbo man/woman because of their morbid fear of losing connection to FG patronage that is essential, at least for the next 3 decades, for the survival and development of their region.

You know damn well that Yorubas are not unreasonable. Our voting pattern shows this. Obi that was discredited massively still did not diminish the Atiku PDP ticket the SW voted for healthily. Go and deal with your main enemies, i.e the North, and stop raising needless issues with the SW which remains essentially a region interested in progress for their own and all others. It is Igbos that needs to make concessions towards the Yorubas and not the other way round. Otherwise stick with your North, as you say you will, and see if their retrogressive approach to leadership gets you anywhere knowing how Igbos are fond of a level playing field Northerners, even the most sophisticated and well-read amongst them, are intrinsically against delivering.

I asked a question concerning how Yoruba will use their so much vaunted sophiscation to rescue Nigeria. You wrote an epistle about your jaundiced opinion concernning Igbo; while on the other hand heap praise on your ethnic group.

I think it's fair to surmise that you're just another irredeemable ethnic jingoist who live and breath Igbo hating. You should not be taken serious by any neutral. Whatever it is Igbo did to you, I think you should let it go. The hate emanating from you against Igbo is palpable. You should purge yourself of it before it spells your demise. You're too old to contain such vile; your body will have trouble dealing with the hate your spleen is generating.

Take this post in good faith bruv.

Peace out!

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by arent88(m): 9:55am On Sep 04, 2019
abdulwastecx:

Yes, you are right, but who is a Hausa man? The true Hausa are so few in Niger state that the few around are settlers from the northwest. Sani Bello is not Hausa but an ethnic minority from the Niger east that has lost his ethnicity to the Hausas due to their closeness to kebbi and other northwestern states.

The real losers are the gwari, i usually feel for them, they have lost their land to the Hausas settlers, they have lost leadership position in the state to Hausa. Somebody like David Umar would have been a wonderful governor but he will never get that position because of his religion. Even gwari have been taught to hate on their brother due to religious difference, I think education is gradually changing their views now.
talba was imposed on the gbagyis as their candidate,he wasnt there choice. The problem with the gbagyis is they don't have anybody that can be reckoned with nationally that will speak and fight for them.if ibb is still alive when the governorship rotates back to the gbagyis it will be him who will decides who gets the ticket from the zone.it wouldn't matter if the person is from the zone or not.they really lack a strong voice nationally
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by 35824L: 10:18am On Sep 04, 2019
amarilo:
This is exactly how it will play out. In 2023 they will align with igbos to win again which will anger the SW. By 2030 the igbos will want to have a shot at the presidency which the north will not support. Then the north will again align with the SW to win again. By 2038 the SW will want have a shot but what will play out by 2023 will play out again and the north once again align with the SE to win it. In all the scenarios the disunity among the southern region gives the north the president. SOUTH PUT YOUR HOUSE IN OTHER FOR NIGERIA TO MAKE ANY HEAD WAY.
The only people whom the north can trust with the presidency now is the Yoruba. So the entire south should come together and support the SW in 2023.
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by abdulwastecx(m): 10:21am On Sep 04, 2019
allcomage:

1 The North feel buhari is a failure and didn't make required progress expected of him and they want have to have it again to make up

I am in agreement that the current structure will not work but those items you listed bellow are just your personal opinion.
To start with, the North doesn't decide anything. Nigerians will decide who will be president and any individual vying for the position will have to build bridges among the different stake others across the Nigeria. irrespective of Buhari performance, the elite in the North will like to keep power if they can

We can't be that sure that Atiku actually wins the election

The southeast and West never had any agreement in the first place, the southeast have been sabotaging Yoruba since Nigeria was created, the mere fact that we both live south pf the River Niger doesn't mean that we both share the same political views.

yuroba turn

Rotational presidency is between south and North and not between the six geopolitical zones. Yaradua was from Katsina in the northwest and Buhari is also from the same state and region, when presidency is zoned in principle to the south, all the 3 zones have the right to vie for the position.
This is your wishful thinking

This is in material to south west chance of producing the president. provided they can win the APC primary and keep the major stakeholders happy they will have the upper hand

Your opinion

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by orunto27: 10:25am On Sep 04, 2019
Osinbajo is The Anointed King David of Obodo Nigeria after Buhari. Nigeria-Allah approves that. The Cabal certifies that.

See Tinubu's Mouth like Afonja No3 after Akintola.

Kingigbe is a wrong Fixture in some peoples' hallucination.

By Orisa37.
Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 04, 2019
OdumegwuOjukwu:

I asked a question concerning how Yoruba will use their so much vaunted sophiscation to rescue Nigeria. You wrote an epistle about your jaundiced opinion concernning Igbo; while on the other hand heap praise on your ethnic group.

I think it's fair to surmise that you're just another irredeemable ethnic jingoist who live and breath Igbo hating. You should not be taken serious by any neutral. Whatever it is Igbo did to you, I think you should let it go. The hate emanating from you against Igbo is palpable. You should purge yourself of it before it spells your demise. You're too old to contain such vile; your body will have trouble dealing with the hate your spleen is generating.

Take this post in good faith bruv.

Peace out!

You are the irredeemable ethnic jingoist you claim others are otherwise you will note I have answered your question about how Yorubas will use their persona and core attributes to rescue Nigeria. Nigeria needs progressive and 'cutting edge' minds to get to the next level of greatness.

Yorubas can supply the personnel and can win the election to become President in 2023. Igbos can supply the personnel but cannot win the election. Hausa/Fulani can win the election but do not have the personnel to drive the changes Nigeria needs that will free us all so we gain a purist system where effort and talent is commensurate with developmental rewards unlike what obtains today where cretins lead accomplished PHD holders. Not Rocket science buddy.

Igbos should begin looking at the big picture and consider swallowing the most bitter of pills if doing that benefits their long term interest.

Your self-destructive myopia is killing you and that is why I comment about Igbos. The main point is that Igbos have no chance of securing the Presidency in 2023. Yorubas do. The choices won't be beyond Osinbajo, Fashola, Fayemi, Tinubu et al. In short no weak link and no regressive 'business as usual' tool like OBJ in the mix. Only men who will supervise the liberalising of processes in ways no Northerner will ever subscribe to do since this will mean 'teething pain' for the North that lack of visions leaves the leaders of the region unable to accept as collateral damage for a better future.

Why can Igbos not discern and support what will benefit them instead of your people's self-destructive pledge to support the likes of EL-Rufai, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal et al , you know will regress Nigeria, just to spite Yoruba ambition when you will actually be self-harming doing this?

We can remember Patrice Lumumba saying "those with power have no ideas and those with ideas have no power". That is the problem with Nigeria. We either look for innovative ways to change this or keep neutralising each other while wallowing in under-development we know should not be our fate by virtue of our endowment- Human and material.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Division In Presidency Over Choice Of Buhari’s Successor by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 04, 2019
35824L:
The only people whom the north can trust with the presidency now is the Yoruba. So the entire south should come together and support the SW in 2023.

Exactly my point. There is no weak link from the SW currently as per Presidential candidate on offer. We only have competent individuals and men of ideas who will liberalise all the processes that will free Nigeria from the shackles colonial masters burdened us with when, for their own selfish interest, they placed the fate of a highly promising Nation in the hands of those least likely to secure her development.

Some of us supported Buhari because we believe in his core decency and not because we felt he is the messiah. We are seeing the benefits of a Buhari Presidency today because, even if not the messiah, we see decisions being made no other Northerner or even Southerner (GEJ for example) will back.

The office of the NSA has approved the self-help request of SW Governors to create a new security apparatus to overcome banditry, kidnapping and general insecurity across Yorubaland. OBJ and GEJ would never approved such because all they knew to say back then was "Nigeria not ripe for State policing or vigilante security groups".

Buhari not only approved that for the SW but he has moved to make State policing a reality. Point is we should work with who/what is the best we have currently to pave way for better in future.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Reacts To Pfizer's COVID-19 Vaccine 90% Effectiveness / Police Arrests Aregbesola's Aid Over Girlfriends Murder- Punch / Ekweremadu Wins 5th Senate Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.