Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,725 members, 7,813,395 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. (7574 Views)

Twitter Begins Removing Blue Checks From Users Who Don’t Pay / Help! This Gorilla Shows Everywhere On My Phone!!! / The New Corning Gorilla Glass 6 Will Make It’s Debut On Oppo’s New Flagship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by chumsfortech: 10:09am On Sep 03, 2019
This phone market thing, nothing wey person no go see, I never knew this gorilla glass thing comes with levels oh, even the gorilla glass 3 itself, get grade. Am 100% sure if I were to be using a Samsung phone I must have being sad on how to raise money wey I nor get, to dey repair phone screen and am sure its gonna worth more than half of what I bought the phone itself.
Same gorilla glass 3 on my OPPO A5s device fell from me on a bike on motion and mehn I am serious the phone is intact as I am using it to type this. And I remember my friend Samsung phone that have same gorilla glass, fell early this year and went down shattered.
I even noticed that without screen guard the gorilla glass on my OPPO A5s phone surface was without scratch compared to my friends Xiaomi phone he got while I was getting mine. Really if OPPO mid-range phone can be this good then the OPPO F11 pro with the gorilla glass 5 will be mad ass and totally unbreakable. Using my phone and noticing the quality of the phone, it is proving to be far better than this mid-range phones I have been seeing online. To take away your doubt visit any slot outlet and check.

7 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by TDonald: 10:12am On Sep 03, 2019
Video of when the phone was falling from the bike on motion

Or Carry your yeye OPPO-site advert commot for here angry

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by greychris: 10:21am On Sep 03, 2019
Seriously? most sensible suggestion I might see today. What are you high on? How's this an advert.
I believe. This oppo guys are very impressive with their products.
TDonald:

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Andywhty(m): 10:27am On Sep 03, 2019
Nawa oh. Samsung users should really have a rethink. See as the surface scatter
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by TDonald: 10:36am On Sep 03, 2019
greychris:
Seriously? most sensible suggestion I might see today. What are you high on? How's this an advert.
I believe. This oppo guys are very impressive with their products.

You be Idiot

Oppo-site marketer oshi

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by techboss1313: 10:41am On Sep 03, 2019
why is this one pained in life?
TDonald:

You be Idiot

Oppo-site marketer oshi
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:43am On Sep 03, 2019
Gorilla Glass or no Gorilla Glass,the most important thing about your phone's screen is how you handle it..

If you are the careless type and handles your phone anyhow,not even a DIAMOND or SAPPHIRE Screen will save it from scratches or cracks..

I was expecting to see where the different grades of the same Gorilla Glass is objectively stated,instead you are regaling us with SUBJECTIVE evidences on how Gorilla Glasses are different.. shocked

22 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:45am On Sep 03, 2019
Andywhty:
If you are careless with your phone expect the same result,Samsung or not.. shocked

Any fall that smashed a phone's screen like THAT,will deal with any phone brands screen..
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by chumsfortech: 10:48am On Sep 03, 2019
So as a careless type and you know there's a phone surface that can help prevent scratch and can withstand drops, you won't go for it?
DarkJeddi:
Gorilla Glass or no Gorilla Glass,the most important thing about your phone's screen is how you handle it..

If you are the careless type and handles your phone anyhow,not even a DIAMOND or SAPPHIRE Screen will save it from scratches or cracks..

I was expecting to see where the different grades of the same Gorilla Glass is objectively stated,instead you are regaling us with SUBJECTIVE evidences on how Gorilla Glasses are different.. shocked
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Andywhty(m): 10:51am On Sep 03, 2019
True tho. But its seems the oppo phones have some level of absorbing shocks from falls.
DarkJeddi:
If you are careless with your phone expect the same result,Samsung or not.. shocked

Any fall that smashed a phone's screen like THAT,will deal with any phone brands screen..
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:58am On Sep 03, 2019
chumsfortech:
So as a careless type and you know there's a phone surface that can help prevent scratch and can withstand drops, you won't go for it?
I expected an objective evidence to the claim that Gorilla Glass being used by Some brands are of a more superior quality than others..

Even a Gorilla Glass 6 or whatever,will scratch up if you are careless with it just because it has Reinforced Glass,

And a fall that smashed a phone's screen like am seeing on that Samsung will crack any device..

Like I said,there's no MARKETING JARGON that's a substitute for being careful with your expensive devices..

And am the careful type grin, THIRTEEN PHONES and counting and I've never scratched nor cracked any of them,Gorilla Glass or not.. shocked

10 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by joeytrib: 11:10am On Sep 03, 2019
��‍♂. Baba it's obvious from this post say the oppo A5s gorilla glass 3 have a best resistance. Between what's the specs of this oppo phone and price?

DarkJeddi:
I expected an objective evidence to the claim that Gorilla Glass being used by Some brands are of a more superior quality than others..

Even a Gorilla Glass 6 or whatever,will scratch up if you are careless with it just because it has Reinforced Glass,

And a fall that smashed a phone's screen like am seeing on that Samsung will crack any device..

Like I said,there's no MARKETING JARGON that's a substitute for being careful with your expensive devices..

And am the careful type grin, THIRTEEN PHONES and counting and I've never scratched nor cracked any of them,Gorilla Glass or not.. shocked
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by DarkJeddi(m): 11:24am On Sep 03, 2019
joeytrib:
��‍♂. Baba it's obvious from this post say the oppo A5s gorilla glass 3 have a best resistance. Between what's the specs of this oppo phone and price?

Like I said,your subjective observation is neither here nor there,

No two FALLS are alike and therefore that one survived and another did not doesn't validate your claim..

A phone can fall from 10 feet and survive and then fall from 3 feet and shatter..

And

CORNING,the makers of Gorilla Glass never mentioned any difference in the strength of their Gorilla Glass 3..

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by joeytrib: 11:40am On Sep 03, 2019
Like Apple mentions there's a iPhone grade A and iPhone grade C. Apple advertise iPhone oga

DarkJeddi:

CORNING,the makers of Gorilla Glass never mentioned any difference in the strength of their Gorilla Glass 3..
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Textra(m): 12:24pm On Sep 03, 2019
Those who started yesterday are reaping the fruit of their labor today and those who delayed are watching in regret, just as Chinese proverb says; the best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago, and another best time is now. So what are you waiting for. @supalaifconsult. We help you build your dream business/career for you to live your best life.
*"You deserves a super superb life"*
Contact us for;
#Business Ideas
#Financial assistance/advice
#Career development
#Business management
#Turning your passion to profit
#Teach you how to increase your customers to increase your profit #Manage your social media account for you. Etc.
Good morning!

Check my signature.
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Babalegba(m): 12:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
It's nothing to do with quality of gorrila glass but how the phone fell, a phone that fell on its side is more likely to break than one that fell face down.

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Bgcentz(m): 1:46pm On Sep 03, 2019
Itel dey use chimpanzee glass 4

2 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Okpueze1(m): 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2019
My Xiaomi Note 7 fell from a little distance and the front screen chattered. Phone that's just 1week old. All those their gorilla abi monkey bla bla bla are just for marketing.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Joezik(m): 3:34pm On Sep 03, 2019
Okpueze1:
My Xiaomi Note 7 fell from a little distance and the front screen chattered. Phone that's just 1week old. All those their gorilla abi monkey bla bla bla are just for marketing.
little distance .... how many meters? or use your body as measurement.... is it from your waist or your shoulders ?
don't post nonsense here
look how scattered the cracks are , damage of screen...

the topic is definitely an oppo marketing strategy.... glass 3 is glass 3 there is no levels.

6 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Joezik(m): 3:37pm On Sep 03, 2019
chumsfortech:
This phone market thing, nothing wey person no go see, I never knew this gorilla glass thing comes with levels oh, even the gorilla glass 3 itself, get grade. Am 100% sure if I were to be using a Samsung phone I must have being sad on how to raise money wey I nor get, to dey repair phone screen and am sure its gonna worth more than half of what I bought the phone itself.
Same gorilla glass 3 on my OPPO A5s device fell from me on a bike on motion and mehn I am serious the phone is intact as I am using it to type this. And I remember my friend Samsung phone that have same gorilla glass, fell early this year and went down shattered.
I even noticed that without screen guard the gorilla glass on my OPPO A5s phone surface was without scratch compared to my friends Xiaomi phone he got while I was getting mine. Really if OPPO mid-range phone can be this good then the OPPO F11 pro with the gorilla glass 5 will be mad ass and totally unbreakable. Using my phone and noticing the quality of the phone, it is proving to be far better than this mid-range phones I have been seeing online. To take away your doubt visit any slot outlet and check.

so oppo f11 gorilla glass 5 is totally unbreakable.... you clearly don't know about gorilla glass. safe journey man

3 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by DarkJeddi(m): 3:52pm On Sep 03, 2019
joeytrib:
Like Apple mentions there's a iPhone grade A and iPhone grade C. Apple advertise iPhone oga

I didn't know that an iPhone XS Max has grade A and grade C or that a Galaxy Note 10 has a grade A and a grade D..grin

Tell me something..shocked
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Airtimex(m): 4:03pm On Sep 03, 2019
Andywhty:

What are you insinuating?

Trying to compare samsung with that your OPPO abi wetin undecided

OP bring your phone and another of your friend samsung....let me handle the falls myself, I want to make sure they have the same level of fall.

Gorilla glass has nothing to do with breaking, rather it hides scratches, you can hadly see the scratches by mere looking at it...

I still miss my N9 embarassed

5 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Okpueze1(m): 4:15pm On Sep 03, 2019
Joezik:
little distance .... how many meters? or use your body as measurement.... is it from your waist or your shoulders ?
don't post nonsense here
look how scattered the cracks are , damage of screen...

the topic is definitely an oppo marketing strategy.... glass 3 is glass 3 there is no levels.
Bro just respect yourself. It is your phone It fell from 100fit. Here being real and you are talking about Oppo.
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by joeytrib: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2019
Who wan dey video na. Oppo phones are nice Ogah
TDonald:

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by joeytrib: 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2019
I am careful with mine o. My phone never fall for my hand in along time o
DarkJeddi:

1 Like

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by techboss1313: 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2019
As in ehn xiaomi phones nor strong, but this oppo device own nor be marketing oo to me. For this person to create this thread na base on say e surprise am. I dey reason the oppo phone now. I feel thats why the price seems like its high cause it comes with quality compared to other mid range phones. Naija we nor they remember say awoof dey purge oh, see this xiaomi user now.
Okpueze1:
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by ewizard1: 6:13pm On Sep 03, 2019
@ OP, read about Gorilla Glass before comparison. Besides, what is the Model of your friend's Samsung that broke?
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by Mike23r: 6:16pm On Sep 03, 2019
Joezik:

so oppo f11 gorilla glass 5 is totally unbreakable.... you clearly don't know about gorilla glass. safe journey man

to underworlds abi�
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by TYglobal: 9:07pm On Sep 03, 2019
Okpueze1:

You must be a very careless preek.
Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by TYglobal: 9:15pm On Sep 03, 2019
You can advertise your product without trying to bring other brands down, you guys better tell your people to work on their pricing if they want to make a head way in Nigeria. Lazy marketers.

9 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:50pm On Sep 03, 2019
So i thought it was only tecno marketers that are dumb, now Oppo marketers are demonstrating their dumbness...
undecided

6 Likes

Re: For Those Who Don’t Know: There Are Levels To This Gorilla Glass Thing. by TheRealOwner(m): 5:43am On Sep 04, 2019
Okpueze1:
How much for the cracked phone?

(1) (2) (Reply)

When A Phone Imei Number Is Changed, Can It Still Be Tracked? / MTN 4G LTE Now Available, See How To Activate It Now! / 3g Router Setting For Glo 3g

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.