Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) (2813 Views)

Sanwo-Olu Visits Mall Looted By Nigerians Over Xenophobic Attacks (Photos) / “Enough Is Enough” - FG Finally Break Silence On Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians / South African Deputy Minister Of Police Defends Xenophobic Attacks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by MediaGuru36: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2019
A Nigerian man has just smashed his DSTV decoder over the recent attacks on Nigerians living in South Africa, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV had earlier reported that properties worth millions of naira, and belonging to Nigerians, were set ablaze by South Africans.

A viral video sighted by Igbere TV also showed several shops being looted by the angry South African citizens in their large numbers.

President of the Nigeria Union in South Africa, Adetola Olubajo, said the attacks began on Sunday morning in Jeppestown area of Johannesburg.

Mr Olubajo said in a statement on Monday that the mob “looted several shops that were around the vicinity suspected to be owned by foreign nationals.”

DSTV (Multichoice), including MTN Communications, Shoprite, Stanbic bank, are some of the over 200 South African companies in Nigeria.

Speaking on reasons for his actions, the Nigerian man identified as Enigma on Twitter, said destroying his decoder was the only way he could express his disapproval.

“I just smashed my DSTV console where I am now, 2 more to go. This is how show my solidarity. Dang DSTV, Shoprite and all South Aficans. I am berserk but I can't kill anybody and won't.

“The way I can express my vehement disapproval is by cutting ties with anything South African. I am crying and angry at same time. For the lives lost and at the south African government”, he said.

http://igberetvnews.com/959431/man-smashes-his-dstv-over-xenophobic-attacks-in-south-africa-photos/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44, OAM4J

Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by Simplyleo: 11:49am On Sep 03, 2019
Although on paper, the decoder is the property of dstv, in practice it belongs to him.

I can't really figure out how smashing his decoder will affect the company and I'm pretty sure he will soon go buy another one, EPL has just started. Maybe after international break. grin

Btw, pls nairalanders, how do I disable "hide caller id" setting in my Samsung galaxy phone? Don't know how it was enabled. angry
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by tsdarkside(m): 11:50am On Sep 03, 2019
this is what we nigerians should all be doing....

avoid anything south africa....!!

1 Like

Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by TooMuchStuff: 11:54am On Sep 03, 2019
Great one there I tell you!

Make bbnaija finish first before me go set up a committee to review the status of my own DSTV gadgets and to produce a white paper recommendations on the causes and solutions to the xenophobia in SA.

Back to Channel 198. Seyi is Royal in mien ..!

1 Like

Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by LibertyRep: 11:57am On Sep 03, 2019
I do not think Nigeria has any economic advantage over SA. Otherwise our government wouldn't be this lacklustre in taking firm steps.

2 Likes

Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by MediaGuru36: 11:58am On Sep 03, 2019
Oya let's start breaking our Glo sims

Seun atop taking bae to Shoprite.

Don't bank with Stanbic.
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by Homeboiy: 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2019
Not the solution bro
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by wristbangle: 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
Instead of smashing it, he should have burnt it. Though for me, my alternative is to stop subscribing and get an android decoder connected to a strong internet service with unlimited data.

Rather than shopping at Shoprite, would patronise Ebeano or Spar or best bet buy at retail market.

I have stop subscribing to MTN. Use Airtel and Glo for my data service.

3 Likes

Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by helinues: 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
Nice one guy.

Next is your Tv
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by TooMuchStuff: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2019
Simplyleo:

Abegi.

You and I know you will not destroy your dstv gadgets, abi you no dey watch EPL ni? grin
Hahahahahah... !

Kai mallam Audu.
Ba daga baki na ne za ka ji labarun mutuwan sarki ba..
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by meobizy(f): 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2019
The guy don chop belleful. Nothing I can do in the comfort of my home will affect the attacks. It’s akin to battling Boko Haram by not buying beef till their attacks end.

1 Like

Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by kings59: 12:08pm On Sep 03, 2019
I cannot smash mine OOo. I love Seria A, proudly Inter Milan fan.

With Lukaku and Sánchez, we are still on the top table under the coach of Conte
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by ednut1(m): 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2019
These wont reduce the companies profit
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by Iamgrey5(m): 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2019
He will still probably buy another one few weeks from now

Just like people using MTN data bundles attack government to sanction South Africa brands in Nigeria

Can't they remove MTN SIM from their phone in protest.
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by MrColdsweat: 12:17pm On Sep 03, 2019
tsdarkside:
[s] this is what we nigerians should all be doing....

avoid anything south africa....!![/s]

What is the uneducated coup-plotter in aso rock doing about the killing of Nigerians in south Africa?

You exempt him but task ordinary Nigerians to do something.

When people raise ordinary flags, you call on your paedophile of a president to send armoured tanks to kill innocent people in southeast..

You are proof that excess consumption of goatmilk during child birth can cause permanent brain damage.
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by Nbote(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
Dis one na wash... Na ur money U destroy.. If U want to destroy anything visit any of d DSTV offices and destroy things there... Dat way dey will spend their money to repair d damages... I wonder where he wants to watch news of d happenings in South Africa now.. 18th century NTA is his next choice

1 Like

Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by tsdarkside(m): 12:20pm On Sep 03, 2019
MrColdsweat:

What is the coup-plotter in aso rock doing about this?

You exempt him but task Nigerians to do something..

You are proof that excess consumption of goatmilk during child birth can cause permanent brain damage.

oyy....people are killin you in far awy south africa and all you care about is aso rock....

f aso rock....!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

ohh my....not that dss visit me.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

aso rock is good.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by tsdarkside(m): 12:26pm On Sep 03, 2019
Iamgrey5:
He will still probably buy another one few weeks from now

Just like people using MTN data bundles attack government to sanction South Africa brands in Nigeria

Can't they remove MTN SIM from their phone in protest.

look....we can remove all south african companies and others will take their place....

you think chinese are not itchin to take over market share of mtn in nigeria....??
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by orisa37: 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2019
Tinubu and Onyeama should go to South Africa to settle.

Buhari is s bloody Soldier and an Autocrat. This Diplomacy is too much for him
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by Lamasta(m): 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2019
AU should sanction the government of South Afeica for keeping sealed lips and doing less or nothing to address the problem of xenophobia then Nigeria should follow suit in sanctioning their multinational companies in Nigeria like Multi choice, Shoprite, etc
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by iyatrustee(f): 12:44pm On Sep 03, 2019
He should have destroyed DSTV's equipment instead! He bough this from them, makes it his property and hard earned money
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by iluvdonjazzy: 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2019
the problem is that if we attack their investment in Nigeria, we are doing ourselves, eg GOTV, DSTV, MTN, SHOPRITE and the rest, just consider the thousands of Nigerians that will lose their job. if not, na small thing to retaliate nah.

2 Likes

Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 03, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Great one there I tell you!

Make bbnaija finish first before me go set up a committee to review the status of my own DSTV gadgets and to produce a white paper recommendations on the causes and solutions to the xenophobia in SA.

Back to Channel 198. Seyi is Royal in mien ..!
Typical example of everything wrong with Niger Youths of Nowadays SMH

1 Like

Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by Cletus77(m): 1:19pm On Sep 03, 2019
Simplyleo:
Although on paper, the decoder is the property of dstv, in practice it belongs to him.

I can't really figure out how smashing his decoder will affect the company and I'm pretty sure he will soon go buy another one, EPL has just started. Maybe after international break. grin

Btw, pls nairalanders, how do I disable "hide caller id" setting in my Samsung galaxy phone? Don't know how it was enabled. angry
You and helinues are the worst hypocrites I have ever seen...since this news started you've been supportive of the killings but try to cover it with stupid grammar!!

Y are human beings like this??
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by AgentNairaland(f): 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2019
I Love This, Me Self Don Break My MTN Sim
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by omenka(m): 1:40pm On Sep 03, 2019
Where are the splinters from the smashing? This dude didnt smash that thing. My guess is that he took out these parts from an electrician's store laid them neatly on the floor, and took a picture of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by AuwalYusuf812(m): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2019
mumu are u the presido. born ur house join for me to knw say u dey vex
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by AuwalYusuf812(m): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2019
AccessME:
Typical example of everything wrong with Niger Youths of Nowadays SMH
I tells u far.......imagine breaking my DSTV while buhari dey Abj dey Receive AC & to dey pack our money
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by unbitchable(m): 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2019
Go to Igbo shops. you will see many decoders there. Let them make a robust reply and smash all the decoders and dish in their shops. That is the way to go.
Re: Man Smashes His DSTV Over Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa (photos) by lilfreezy: 3:15pm On Sep 03, 2019
undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: The Two Most Powerful APC Zonal Tickets / 2023: Tinubu Vs Atiku, Who Can Make A Better Nigeria President? / My Prediction: A Violent Splinter Group Will Emerge From IPOB In The Future

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.