Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,486 members, 7,836,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Xenophobic Attacks: It’s Time To Deal With South Africa, Babatope Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobic Attacks: It’s Time To Deal With South Africa, Babatope Tells Buhari (241 Views)

“Enough Is Enough” - FG Finally Break Silence On Xenophobic Attacks On Nigerians / Moghalu Reacts To Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa, Tells Nigerians What To Do / South African Deputy Minister Of Police Defends Xenophobic Attacks (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attacks: It’s Time To Deal With South Africa, Babatope Tells Buhari by nairavsdollars(f): 2:40pm On Sep 03, 2019
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former Minister of Transport has called on President Muhammadu Buhari to take decision action against the South African government over the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians living in South Africa.
Speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, Babatope, a member of the Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said having tolerated South Africans for a long time, it is high time the federal government take necessary actions to let them know that Nigerians are not fools.
“I am deeply worried and sad about these attacks and I think it is high time we act and let these people know that Nigerians are not fools”.
“I am not speaking for Buhari’s government; I am speaking as a concerned Nigerian and politician who loves this country”.

“If South Africans will not reciprocate the kind gestures of the Nigerian people then we should close our eyes and deal with them”.

“They have businesses in Nigeria, why must they start killing innocent Nigerians who are doing their legitimate businesses in South Africa?”

“It is very annoying and I think all political parties in Nigeria including my own party, the PDP should talk to the APC government to face squarely this insult from South Africa. It is becoming nauseating” he said.

https://www.independent.ng/xenophobic-attcaks-its-time-to-deal-with-south-africa-ex-minister-tells-buhari/

Re: Xenophobic Attacks: It’s Time To Deal With South Africa, Babatope Tells Buhari by Liftkid(m): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2019
if only our own forces would turn blind eye and not arrest and tag us theives, if only our own IGP could support us like the SA igp, we would have lead the repersal attacks from the osha ado angry
Re: Xenophobic Attacks: It’s Time To Deal With South Africa, Babatope Tells Buhari by Sonsly041(m): 2:58pm On Sep 03, 2019
Buhari administration is too slow in decision making

(1) (Reply)

Taraba Police Killings: Military Concludes Investigation – Buratai / Filmmaker Seun Egbegbe Spends 30 Months In Jail / Largest Solar Plant In Africa Opens In Bayero University Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.