Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa (59452 Views)

"Baba Suwe That Stopped Downloading" - Seyi Law Dragged Over Comment About GRV / Guber Election: Jim Iyke Reacts To Oba Of Lagos' Comment About GRV / Xenophobia: Davido Reacts To Attacks In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by j1mmy: 10:33am On Sep 04, 2019
NA LIE!

IGBOS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR HOW PEOPLE TREAT NIGERIANS
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Lordbricks(m): 10:34am On Sep 04, 2019
asuustrike1:
Sadly it is the truth however it doesn't warrant the mayhem perpetrated by those hoodlums. Madam Kate should have keep silence instead of posting this.
Its too vague a statement to be used anyhow..What of the innocent Nigerians whose shops were looted in the same SA and they were legitimate business people.. Where they also responsible for the way they were treated..

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by overall90: 10:34am On Sep 04, 2019
some of these idiots just want to trend by all means.

the thing is south africans have a culture of blaming anything that is happening to them on someone else rather than looking inwards.
during the apartheid era, they use to say "ngunlumgu" that is "it is the white man"
Mandela pointed this out and explained it succintly in his book,Long walk to freedom.
but because they can't no longer blame the whites,that is why they have turned on their fellow Africans.
forget all the stories about drugs and crime,they have more criminal among themsleves than foreigners.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by jaxxy(m): 10:38am On Sep 04, 2019
She tried to sound smart bt ended up stupid cos this is not the right context for such statement.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Izi91: 10:38am On Sep 04, 2019
Good morning my fellow Nigerian, I'm a graduate B.sc holder base in Abuja. I'm seriously passing through difficulties, I'm the only child of my family who has been to school and graduated successful. With the challenges and family need on my head, I'm seriously looking for a legitimate job of any kind please and please. My contact both call and whatsapp 08140797608.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by sinola(m): 10:40am On Sep 04, 2019
All of you saying that what she said is the truth... Lemme ask you a question... Are we more more fraudulent than the Russians(MMM saga), Americans, Chinese and the Indians but they are not being treated like this because they have a working government.
I am much disappointed that this nasty statement is coming from a celebrity i hold to a high esteem. If that is the case, permit me to say with all due respect that she was chased out of her matrimonial home and she is responsible for that too.
People should be mindful of what they say at this trying time in the country. Alot of Families are grieving for losing their loved ones in this Xenophobic attacks.
Inasmuch as I don't support the reprisal attacks at some fringes in Nigeria, I still believe it will go along way to send strong note to their irresponsible government. There is no justification in taking human life... That is the greatest sin of mankind.
My dear, Kate... If I were you at this juncture, I will eat the humble pie and take down that baseless tweet of yours.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Gennygolden(f): 10:45am On Sep 04, 2019
Statements like this is so ambiguous. she might be right or wrong but a detailed explanation would have done justice to her assumption. Nigerians sha see how we left the issue on ground to chase a mere statement while our brothers keep dying in SA
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by olumalcolm(m): 10:46am On Sep 04, 2019
four4:
check out what some of your fellow Nigerians are doing for living SA, a lot of them are into crime and not only in SA but wherever you see Nigerians you see crime as if that is our logo, the problems I am having is just that they are handling it in barbaric way
At the bolded, pls tlk for ur brodas at home. So many nigerians are making us proud all over the world, so stop generalizing and edit dis shiiit u typed dere.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by dochenaj: 10:48am On Sep 04, 2019
Some rapist who finds her attractive should go and rape her, so we can tell her, "you're responsible for that"
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Nobody: 10:48am On Sep 04, 2019
SARS shoots an Innocent Nigerian man, Oh!! shiit! it's His fault.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Bestbeelieve: 10:51am On Sep 04, 2019
omenka:
Emotions aside, she told no lie in her comment. That is not to justify the situation, not at all.

From the perspective of our country men and women engaging in crimes outside, precipitating these kind of backlash, she's right. In addition, from the perspective of our people hating themselves especially across ethnic, religious and political divide, she's also right. The way we treat ourselves at home influences the way strangers treat us outside.

Nevertheless, tempers and emotions are running high at the moment, therefore, anything other than sympathies and supportive words will be misconstrued as taking sides with the enemy.

God help us.

How please/?Before i get really mad?? That is a foolish statement!!! Are Nigerians the only ones committing crime in the world? Does that give the S Africans the right to kill their fellow human beings or destroy legitimate businesses? Does the religious book you read on a Friday or Sunday support killing of any kind? .....If not that most Nigerians are truly kind hearted S Africa will be on their knees already or you think Nigerians don't know where they live in Nigeria.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by NOHOLDSBAR: 10:54am On Sep 04, 2019
[s]
Sunofgod:
We are responsible for how buhari treats us!
[/s]

TRASH IN TRASH OUT. Buy some common sense.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by olisaEze(m): 10:56am On Sep 04, 2019
dokie:

Are you responsible when an armed robbery robs you or a kidnapper kidnaps you or a fraudster dupes you?
A victim should never be called to account for the acts of a criminal.

I don't know who Kate henshaw is, other than seeing her in make-believe roles on T. V, but with that statement, she must be significanntly stupid.

I been wan just dey read comments, but DANG!! U nor get chills at all! cheesy
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by colestephan86: 10:58am On Sep 04, 2019
drips8:
She's too dumb to use her own brain, that's why she's given scripts to say
Lol, you no get joy o
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by EgunMogaji2: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2019
Priscy01:
More; http://igberetvnews.com/959772/kate-henshaw-under-fire-over-comment-in-midst-of-xenophobic-attacks-on-nigerians/

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

The minute the tweet landed on my feed I immediately blocked her.

No time.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by openmine(m): 11:09am On Sep 04, 2019
.....a bitter truth that most people will hardly comprehend!
Kate is simply saying.... Don't expect to be treated any BETTER by a foreigner in their country when you are treated badly by the same foreigner in your own country while your leaders watch and do nothing!
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Starhearts: 11:11am On Sep 04, 2019
four4:
check out what some of your fellow Nigerians are doing for living SA, a lot of them are into crime and not only in SA but wherever you see Nigerians you see crime as if that is our logo, the problems I am having is just that they are handling it in barbaric way

See how a fully grown up human being splitting poos online.
Continue ur wacko-jacko in foolishness
Is because u haven't step a wall of Any Airport
I blame ur village pple
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Kakamorufu(m): 11:11am On Sep 04, 2019
she spoiled everything by adding followers. Thats some dumb shii angry
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Youngs247(m): 11:13am On Sep 04, 2019
Talk is cheap
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by freeze001(f): 11:14am On Sep 04, 2019
four4:
What she said is 100% truth but that did not justify looting, vandalization of properties and unnecessary killing of your fellow Africans men and wemen

There is no truth to that statement and y'all need to stop equivocating! How do you say a statement is true yet deny the evil acts it enables and justifies? Where do you stand then? In a lawful society, the proper procedure for crime of any kind is investigation, arrest, trial and lawful punishment including death if allowed by their laws! That way, everyone is mostly sure that a guilty party has been punished! Do you know how many innocent Nigerians/Africans have been caught in the crossfire of this lawless mess?

Why has the US not unleashed its citizens on immigrants that are also complicit in crimes? Why have Saudi citizens not unleashed mayhem on pilgrims found to be carrying drugs? In Malaysia, why haven't their citizens done what you are justifying SA of doing by claiming that victims are responsible fro the way they are treated? When we all condemn the menace of herdsmen and BH, are you saying the victims are responsible for they way they are treated? Is a victim of rape responsible for the criminal act of a rapist? When SARS and Soldiers brutalise and kill fellow citizens I hope you will say those victims were responsible for how they were treated? In fact, going by this your logic, those policemen shot buy Arm officers in Adamawa are responsible for their fate right?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by seanjy4konji: 11:15am On Sep 04, 2019
Her own case na small thing...

Amon ni..ko wa re ran...Oloriburuku na hin be my neighbors here self...country weh even my president no know wetin hin go talk na hin dis old hag go con be my problem...

If you like see money as a young man go buy benz...no use d money package your self go first world country and buy brain eraser erase this devlish people and memory and start afresh..if dat bez go burn and u get stuck?u fit no see that money again oooo.

my 50 cent.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by YahwehRocks: 11:16am On Sep 04, 2019
omenka:
Emotions aside, she told no lie in her comment. That is not to justify the situation, not at all.

From the perspective of our country men and women engaging in crimes outside, precipitating these kind of backlash, she's right. In addition, from the perspective of our people hating themselves especially across ethnic, religious and political divide, she's also right. The way we treat ourselves at home influences the way strangers treat us outside.

Nevertheless, tempers and emotions are running high at the moment, therefore, anything other than sympathies and supportive words will be misconstrued as taking sides with the enemy.

God help us.

Bullseye!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by tot(f): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2019
omenka:

God help us.

Like you are any different. Unless you have changed, you just pointed all fingers at yourself.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by monex(m): 11:21am On Sep 04, 2019
four4:

what percentage of nigerians in south africa are into crime?

is that percentage enough to justify calling them all criminals.

This is akin to killing fulani herdsmen because a small percentage of them are into violence.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by nonut: 11:22am On Sep 04, 2019
omenka:

God help us.
Shame.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Adebowalay(m): 11:34am On Sep 04, 2019
Priscy01:
Nigerians have attacked Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw, over a comment she made in the midst of the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa.

The 48-year-old star made the tweet on Tuesday.

“We are responsible for how people treat us,” she wrote.

http://igberetvnews.com/959772/kate-henshaw-under-fire-over-comment-in-midst-of-xenophobic-attacks-on-nigerians/

this tweet just took away d 'Aunty' that comes before ur name ..u messed up Kate henshaw

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Singerbett(m): 11:42am On Sep 04, 2019
No mind OLD CARGO, looking for where to pack. embarassed
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Singerbett(m): 11:43am On Sep 04, 2019
No mind OLD CARGO, looking for where to pack.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by deltateam: 11:44am On Sep 04, 2019
omenka:

God help us.

The situation in SA has nothing to do with drugs.
Its just a front to the truth.

SA feels that Nigerians are taking over their country due to growing population of Nigerians there.

Don't be fooled!
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by deltateam: 11:48am On Sep 04, 2019
Izi91:
Good morning my fellow Nigerian, I'm a graduate B.sc holder base in Abuja. I'm seriously passing through difficulties, I'm the only child of my family who has been to school and graduated successful. With the challenges and family need on my head, I'm seriously looking for a legitimate job of any kind please and please. My contact both call and whatsapp 08140797608.

Shebi you have been spamming threads as if what we are saying is irrelevant and you expect us to get job for you abi?

Now fast forward yourself to job vacancy section in Nairaland and quit being a dullard.

Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by mindtricks: 11:51am On Sep 04, 2019
Sunofgod:
We are responsible for how buhari treats us!
This makes a whole new meaning.
I concur.
Re: Xenophobia: Kate Henshaw Under Fire Over Comment About Attacks In South Africa by Emotionss: 11:55am On Sep 04, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
four4:

if out of the 40k Nigerians doing businesses in SA And lets say 200 are into crime it's now a justifiable reason to attack all them ? Why not report the criminal elements to the police ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wizkid Welcomes 2nd Baby With Guinean Model [PICS] -- TunezMediaBlog / Actress Yvonne Jegede ‘unleashes’ Her Boobs In New Photos / Hottest Nollywood Celebrities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.